Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move (55310 Views)

Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner / Senator Abbo Apologises, Begs For Forgiveness / Police IG Orders Arrest Of Senator Abbo, His Orderly Over Assault On Sales Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by foster212: 11:09pm On Jul 08, 2019
The wife's spirit crying from the grave for justice.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by novenatim(m): 11:12pm On Jul 08, 2019
He is a disgrace to the youthful generation of this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by blaqroy: 11:14pm On Jul 08, 2019
I heard he is HIV positive and has been spreading it,even infected his first wife with it and that she died 2013 and up till today he hasn't acted like one who lost someone dear to him,they should investigation more biko,no one should correct my English plz am not in the mood

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by Teejayphillip(m): 11:17pm On Jul 08, 2019
Avedonn:
Please you guys should give this guy a break.
People are taking this thing too far. He isn't the first man to lay a hand on woman. When Dino abused his wife why people didn't go after him?

I begin to sense jealousy out this whole thing cos the guy became a senator at a very young age while his mates are busy engaging in internet fraud.

Even Donald Trump was known to have mishandle some women sexually and Americans didn't go after him like this in as much as they are more sophisticated democratically.

Whenever Nigerians want to over do things that's how they do it. Last two weeks they bored the hell out of us with those rape cases, last week was Buhari's Ruga of a thing and now this week this Senator's case.

I'm sure next week would be Buhari's ministerial nominees.

People are just looking for someone's misfortune to vent their anger on.

If nah ur sista e beat,nah so u go accept em apology? Some people and their dead brain sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by abdullahi45: 11:21pm On Jul 08, 2019
Avedonn:
People are taking this thing too far. He isn't the first man to lay a hand on woman. When Dino abused his wife why people didn't go after him?

I begin to sense jealousy out this whole thing cos the guy became a senator at a very young age while his mates are busy engaging in internet fraud.

Even Donald Trump was known to have mishandle some women sexually and Americans didn't go after him like this in as much as they are more sophisticated democratically.

Whenever Nigerians want to over do things that's how they do it. Last two weeks they bored the hell out of us with those rape cases, last week was Buhari's Ruga of a thing and now this week this Senator's case.

I wonder if you have set your eyes on the video.. Trump isn't a type species we all should imitate...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by Joystark(f): 11:25pm On Jul 08, 2019
Avedonn:

Evil thrive when good men do nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 08, 2019
Useless senator, what do they want to investigate again, the animal has already tender public apology, which means he accepted he assault the lady.
Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by brookz: 11:43pm On Jul 08, 2019
A very welcome development from the Red Chambers.

And i foresee him cooling off at Kuje prison hopefully.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by Jadsy01(f): 11:49pm On Jul 08, 2019
Tribunal affirms Wike’s victory at 2019 governorship poll
The Rivers State Governorship Election Tribunal has dismissed the petition filed by the African Action Congress (AAC) governorship candidate in the 2019 general election, Biokpomabo Awara, against the Independent National Electoral Commission, Governor Nyesom Wike and the Peoples Democratic Party ( PDP).

https://www.ekomiami.com.ng/2019/07/08/tribunal-affirms-wikes-victory-at-2019-governorship-poll/

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by willyjacs(m): 11:54pm On Jul 08, 2019
Avedonn:

goan sit down...he deserves everything he is getting.

This one was live on CCTV camera...
Because other men beat women nd go free doesn't make it right....nd it doesn't make it wrong if one stupid is caught nd dealt with.

If na ur mama them download 10 slaps give like dat, na death u for de wish the man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by executive12: 11:54pm On Jul 08, 2019
kunleweb:
They should give out one month salary to the lady and well let it slide. She deserves to regain her bashed dignity

I hope some thug like Abbo slaps your mother or sister or wife, pay them his one month salary and you let it slide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by executive12: 11:55pm On Jul 08, 2019
yarimo:
He should resign as senator undecided

Yep, he should.
Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by Senatorbng(m): 11:56pm On Jul 08, 2019
Case already in court, what again are they investigating?Allow this guy go back to work. Senate has no right to suspend any senator, the court has ruled on this before.
Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by Dee1murphy(m): 11:58pm On Jul 08, 2019
Timinho23:
because he isn't their own.. if dude was an APC guy, they would have attempted sweeping the matter under the carpet.
am not for the abbo guy but different rules apply for different factions in Nigeria.
my point: this doesn't prove the integrity of the Senate
is this one alright at all ?
Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by executive12: 12:00am On Jul 09, 2019
Timinho23:
because he isn't their own.. if dude was an APC guy, they would have attempted sweeping the matter under the carpet.
am not for the abbo guy but different rules apply for different factions in Nigeria.

That's true. After all, a thug (Omo Agege) who led other thugs into the hallowed chambers to snatch the mace was made Deputy Senate President.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by rOsy247(f): 12:01am On Jul 09, 2019
Thot I read somewhere that he battered his late wife n infected her with HIV without even informing her about his status. Don't forgive anything, he should face the full wrath of the law.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by linearity: 12:21am On Jul 09, 2019
Avedonn:

You realize that, this is just much ado about nothing, because the Senate have very limited powers to sanction other Senators.

If he gave any committee membership or leadership role in the Senate, they can vote to remove him and maybe suspend him for a few days or weeks.

His major problem is from the IG’s prosecution for which he might serve a jail sentence, if he does not push the right buttons now to sweep the case under the carpet.

It is only his constituents in his home state, who elected him to the senate that can remove him by recalling him.
Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by Goalsniper: 12:24am On Jul 09, 2019
This case has already ruined this man politically in Nigeria. Trust me, he can't even win a councilor in his ward if this case should end. We should be watchful of how we treat people around us, especially those who look up to us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by enemyofprogress: 12:25am On Jul 09, 2019
His people should recall him jare. He has an embarrassment to them and the condoms community especially gold circle condoms
In Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by enemyofprogress: 12:26am On Jul 09, 2019
Goalsniper:
This case has already ruined this man politically in Nigeria. Trust me, he can't even win a councilor in his ward if this case should end. We should be watchful of how we treat people around us, especially those who look up to us.
never underestimate the power of the village people

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by enemyofprogress: 12:32am On Jul 09, 2019
linearity:

His major problem is from the IG’s prosecution for which he might serve a jail sentence, if he does not push the right buttons now to sweep the case under the carpet..
i dint see that happening, this is Nigeria, allowing that to happen is like setting a precedent for other senators like him to be jailed, mind you in Nigeria the lady that was beaten is a "nobody" all this court case is just a film show for ordinary Nigerians like you and me
Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by degamemaster(m): 12:40am On Jul 09, 2019
kunleweb:
They should give out one month salary to the lady and well let it slide. She deserves to regain her bashed dignity

You mean to say that, her "bashed" dignity is worth just one month salary and every other thing will slide. Now I know why most Nigerians gets abused and also bought over with money. The mentality is so low.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by joepepsy(m): 12:45am On Jul 09, 2019
Typical Nigeria no dignity.
moshino:

So if it was your mother that the idiot slapped and assaulted like that, in a viral video, you will advise her to accept the idiot's one month's salary and "let it slide"?
Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by Tutordj83(m): 3:44am On Jul 09, 2019
iamawara:
His village people and opposition are at work
that's the facts ooo
Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by Tutordj83(m): 3:46am On Jul 09, 2019
BaryJ3:
scammer everywhere, mtn isn't doing any promo, that's there code to get ur airtime
Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by ba7man(m): 4:41am On Jul 09, 2019
Timinho23:
If i slap you the same way Sen Abbo slapped that lady, i can bet it will reset your head from putting a political label on crimes commited by politicians. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by israelmao(m): 4:49am On Jul 09, 2019
Money will soon change hand along the way and this case will be one of the bygones.
Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by bong4(m): 4:58am On Jul 09, 2019
executive12:

That's true. After all, a thug (Omo Agege) who led other thugs into the hallowed chambers to snatch the mace was made Deputy Senate President.
It was even viewed by the whole world yet the guy has been rewarded with the Deputy Senate President position. Vandjje was seen on live video collected fleece yet Buhari raised his corrupt hand as a governorship candidate for APC.

The case against Abbo has been established and he will appear in court and I pray he is dealt with accordingly.

It is clear that the Senate is only playing politics with this which is because very soon an APC senator will be in the public domain; then we will see what action will be taken then.
Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by city2city: 5:06am On Jul 09, 2019
[Are you saying the Senatir did right
quote author=Timinho23 post=80075738]because he isn't their own.. if dude was an APC guy, they would have attempted sweeping the matter under the carpet.
my point: this doesn't prove the integrity of the Senate[/quote]
Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by oglalasioux(m): 5:09am On Jul 09, 2019
One slap too many.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by Asebaba1(m): 5:12am On Jul 09, 2019
Timinho23:
APC or PDP, Christian or Muslim. What he did , was it right?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father / Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave - Nigeriantimes / Pictures From Peter Obi Rally In Suleja Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.