Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,321 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move (55302 Views)

Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner / Senator Abbo Apologises, Begs For Forgiveness / Police IG Orders Arrest Of Senator Abbo, His Orderly Over Assault On Sales Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by unapologetic147: 5:54am On Jul 09, 2019
Avedonn:
Please you guys should give this guy a break.
People are taking this thing too far. He isn't the first man to lay a hand on woman. When Dino abused his wife why people didn't go after him?

I begin to sense jealousy out this whole thing cos the guy became a senator at a very young age while his mates are busy engaging in internet fraud.

Even Donald Trump was known to have mishandle some women sexually and Americans didn't go after him like this in as much as they are more sophisticated democratically.

Whenever Nigerians want to over do things that's how they do it. Last two weeks they bored the hell out of us with those rape cases, last week was Buhari's Ruga of a thing and now this week this Senator's case.

I'm sure next week would be Buhari's ministerial nominees.

People are just looking for someone's misfortune to vent their anger on.
another cow from the north

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by yusufmurry: 6:28am On Jul 09, 2019
My concern is that we should learn to tolerate but control ourselves. Many a time, we regret our reactions. So why be led in...?

Notwithstanding, I stand with the senate & that Distinguished Sen. Abbo serve a 6-month suspension without other office benefits but basic salary only.

PS: The result of our rants ain't always favourable. So we should also engage our brain gears right so you don't mess. You could mess through your mouth. Learn emotional intelligence toi

I wish Sen. Abbo the very best & that Allah grant him peace through this time.
Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by NkayStory(f): 6:49am On Jul 09, 2019
Timinho23:
because he isn't their own.. if dude was an APC guy, they would have attempted sweeping the matter under the carpet.
am not for the abbo guy but different rules apply for different factions in Nigeria.
my point: this doesn't prove the integrity of the Senate

You are spot on....APC as a party and their supporters are simply insane.

.,but it serves the useless Senator Abbo right.
Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by mexioni(m): 7:00am On Jul 09, 2019
Timinho23:
because he isn't their own.. if dude was an APC guy, they would have attempted sweeping the matter under the carpet.
am not for the abbo guy but different rules apply for different factions in Nigeria.

What will prove it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by OfficialSam(m): 7:12am On Jul 09, 2019
Timinho23:

My exact thoughts until i read your comment. Don't mind them.
Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by AbuuBilaal(m): 7:19am On Jul 09, 2019
kunleweb:
They should give out one month salary to the lady and well let it slide. She deserves to regain her bashed dignity

You don't get it. Political opponents have hijacked the issue so it's not a money matter again.

Plus, some human rights might have hijacked it too. It's probably him vs the federal government now not him vs the lady.

God save us.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by Btruth: 7:26am On Jul 09, 2019
yarimo:
He should resign as senator undecided
eiher he give the lady 6 months of his salary or resigned. Let him pick one option.
Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by louis1995: 7:32am On Jul 09, 2019
Avedonn:
People are taking this thing too far. He isn't the first man to lay a hand on woman. When Dino abused his wife why people didn't go after him?

I begin to sense jealousy out this whole thing cos the guy became a senator at a very young age while his mates are busy engaging in internet fraud.

Even Donald Trump was known to have mishandle some women sexually and Americans didn't go after him like this in as much as they are more sophisticated democratically.

Whenever Nigerians want to over do things that's how they do it. Last two weeks they bored the hell out of us with those rape cases, last week was Buhari's Ruga of a thing and now this week this Senator's case.

How can you even say this after watching the video, people like you are why nothing ever works out in this country.

Maybe you are benefitting from this senator indirectly I really don't know, but please don't downplay what he did. You're still a human too, where's your empathy for the nursing mother?

Proper justice and compensation must be served, it will help to discourage others like him.

God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by deavicky(m): 7:32am On Jul 09, 2019
kunleweb:
They should give out one month salary to the lady and well let it slide. She deserves to regain her bashed dignity
I'm thinking two months won't be a bad idea.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by LongDay: 10:52am On Jul 09, 2019
Dididrumz:

But its wise to deal with the one that has been caught.

You are right though. Just wanted to bring to the notice that this man might not be the worst ever.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by phurlahan(m): 12:08pm On Jul 09, 2019
you sound too deluded.
you need to actually check ur sense of reasoning or better still tell your folks to be sincere with you about their opinion. you have really lost all sense of humanity.
how could you possible think this is a witchhunt ,even when we know it is true. but we need to cleanse every area of our society even if it comes to politics.
oun tio da,ko ni oruko meji
Avedonn:

Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by yusufmurry: 1:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
NkayStory:

You are spot on....APC as a party and their supporters are simply insane.

.,but it serves the useless Senator Abbo right.

Oga, don't run too fast. PDP is on him too.

Stop being biased and drop ur hate
Re: Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move by EseBaba: 5:29pm On Jul 11, 2019
Pls we need justice to serve as a deterrent. Nobody is above the law! This is a case of public assault.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Six Campaign Promises Buhari Will Never Fulfill - Opinion / Disturbing Pictures Of Underage Boys Trained By Boko Haram / Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.