Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan (15920 Views)

Anambra State Government’s Position On JAMB/Mmesoma Ejikeme Matter / #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos / University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Sterope(f): 11:43am On Jul 09, 2019
Inasmuch I don't like MURIC

Seriously, what busines if theirs is it.with Ruga, Fulani herdsmen, Leah sharibu?

Are they the Nigerian government that have sworn to protect you? You better go and hold your government accountable. You have been 'lucky' to be born a Nigerian and lucky to have an education, you should know better

olumalcolm:
See chemical reaction on top hijab but no reaction to fulani herdsmen killings, no reaction to RUGA, no reaction to leah sharibu, no reaction to suicide cases here and there. A professor my foot cos even if he truly an islamic scholar, i bliv he shuld be more informed than this. You are not diff from that drop out idris abdukareem. angry
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Daboomb: 11:48am On Jul 09, 2019
HeyCorleone:

It's not a matter of decency.

Besides, it's only people who don't reason well that believe that a piece of cloth over someone's head immediately makes that person more moral of whatever.

Hijab had nothing to do with the religion. It's more of a cultural or ethnic appropriation, from the people of the Arab region. Non-Muslim folks in that part also adorn the hijab.

So I don't understand why Nigerian Muslims take very irrelevant things into mind. It's appalling, and, of a truth, quite distressing.

it is called FANATISM......when religion rules the brain and makes decision for it.
To them, they are defending their religion, like any God needs defending if the people themselves are not fanatics in the first place!
Moreso, they are all hypocrites, white-washing the "outside", while the "inside" is filth and rotten.

People forget that it is your behaviour towards others that really matters to God, not whether you cover yourself with hundred yards of tarpulin in blinding heat or speak some unintelligible gibberish.
grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Sterope(f): 11:51am On Jul 09, 2019
A secular school that does praise and worship 4 days out 5? A secular that si a also a public institution? A secular school that is on public property? A secular that is violating a constutionally guaranteed right? Can it more secular than schools here in the UK?

Daboomb:

Obviously you cant read and when you manage to do, you cant comprehend!
Otherwise youwill see and count how many times l called the School a SECULAR academic institution, in my post you quoted.
angry angry

Use Google, if you dont know the meaning of "Secular", l just wont waste my precious time educating people whose religious fanatism has stopped the brain from going into gear.
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Daboomb: 11:53am On Jul 09, 2019
Sterope:
Inasmuch I don't like MURIC

Seriously, what busines if theirs is it.with Ruga, Fulani herdsmen, Leah sharibu?

Are they the Nigerian government that have sworn to protect you? You better go and hold your government accountable. You have been 'lucky' to be born a Nigerian and lucky to have an education, you should know better

So all those Nigerian speaking against the attrocities of Fulani herdsmen or RUGA or asking that Leah Sharibu, a Christian captured by MUSLIM terrorists be freed.........are "Nigerian Govt.", right?

"Action Speaks louder than Voice; A Fruit does not fall far from it s tree". undecided undecided

Hypocrisy will not kee-mee
angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Dpharisee: 11:54am On Jul 09, 2019
I will take MumuRIC serious any day that Fulanis will permit them to sight the moon for the beginning of fasting grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Sterope(f): 11:56am On Jul 09, 2019
No, you cannot dictate to them what to speak against. They can choose to speak up against it or not. It is their prerogative, they don't owe anyone that.

Would it be appreciated for them to speak against it? Yes but they have commited no sin or crime if they refuse to.

We are talking about the hijab here not Ruga

Daboomb:

So all those Nigerian speaking against the attrocities of Fulani herdsmen or RUGA or asking that Leah Sharibu, a Christian captured by MUSLIM terrorists be freed.........are "Nigerian Govt.", right?

"Action Speaks louder than Voice; A Fruit does not fall far from it s tree". undecided undecided

Hypocrisy will not kee-mee
angry angry
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by HeyCorleone(m): 11:56am On Jul 09, 2019
Sterope:
Olodo! Not moral, religious obligation

It's moral, not religious.

You Nigerian Muslims just want to kill yourself over it. Study a bit of history. Hijab was never a thing in Islam at the beginning.

Besides, a school is a place for learning and enlightenment. How would you feel if your child came home to say he had near a boy in red clothes and chalk lines on his body and around his eyes? Or you think people of other religions don't have their own "religious obligations"? You Muslims just think the world must bow to your needs. Your child can attend Ansar Ud Deen and go to school in a Niqab, and I promise you, no one would even bother looking at her twice.

But this is a secular school, not paying attention to any religion. If it grants the Muslim special favours, it would have to extend that to every religion, and i won't be surprised to see children coming to schools with a masquerade mask.

3 Likes

Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Sterope(f): 11:57am On Jul 09, 2019
You want to interpret my religion for me...go on

Maybe we will award you a certificate while you are at it

You must think I am scared or I consider paganism that terrible like most of you do. FYI, I don't. I don't find it scary. It is just another religion. Pagans don't go out with masks and the likes, you are being obnoxious, insensitive and rude with those comments of yours.

HeyCorleone:

It's moral, not religious.

You Nigerian Muslims just want to kill yourself over it. Study a bit of history. Hijab was never a thing in Islam at the beginning.

Besides, a school is a place for learning and enlightenment. How would you feel if your child came home to say he had near a boy in red clothes and chalk lines on his body and around his eyes? Or you think people of other religions don't have their own "religious obligations"? You Muslims just think the world must bow to your needs. Your child can attend Ansar Ud Deen and go to school in a Niqab, and I promise you, no one would even bother looking at her twice.

But this is a secular school, not paying attention to any religion. If it grants the Muslim special favours, it would have to extend that to every religion, and i won't be surprised to see children coming to schools with a masquerade mask.
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by HeyCorleone(m): 12:02pm On Jul 09, 2019
Sterope:
Wow? The same school that does praise and worship 4 days out 5?

The same school that was established by a public body on a public property, that does not pay rent denying students of their constitutional rights.

In case you haven't ealised, you and your cohorts are the real mad people. Like I stated earlier, you will develop brain tumour on top this matter.

First, at the emboldened. I know you Muslims have been brainwashed into believing nonsense like someone would die or have something bad happen to them if they year or burn the Quran, or if the mention the prophet's name in vain. Such things don't happen. Just like how people can't develop a brain tumour by merely discussing a matter. Seek wisdom.

What is wrong with praise and worship? Isn't it born out of a consensus of who has the most students there? Or you want them to start with Arabic chants while having a ratio of 5 Muslim students to 95 Christian students? No. No. It doesn't add up. Besides, southern states, whatever way you try to debate it, and predominantly Christian states. Just like how I do not expect any school in the North to begin the day with the Lord's prayer. No. It can't happen.

If you're so butthurt, you change your child's school. I'd like my child to imbibe the tenets of my religion, and to do that, I have to send him to a missionary school. Not come on social media to cry like a denied baby.

1 Like

Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Trism(m): 12:02pm On Jul 09, 2019
Onyekachi419:
Religion of peace fighting for their right, well let's how it goes.
Being peaceful is not the same as being foolish and not knowing your right
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Debaiz: 12:02pm On Jul 09, 2019
honest1480:
That's why there is need to know about the rules and regulations of any school before enrolling your wards.

Did you read the below or you’re just here o display your ignorance as usual?

ISI cannot make any law that goes against the constitution of nigeria that owns it and if they do it is null, void, invalid and illegal.

“ISI belongs to UI and UI belongs to the Federal Government (FG). This implies that Mrs. Olowe is a public officer of the Federal Republic of Nigeria who has blatantly abused her office. FG must therefore call her to order through UI, her employer.
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by HeyCorleone(m): 12:04pm On Jul 09, 2019
Sterope:
You want to interpret my religion for me...go on

Maybe we will award you a certificate while you are at it

You must think I am scared or I consider paganism that terrible like most of you do. FYI, I don't. I don't find it scary. It is just another religion. Pagans don't go out with masks and the likes, you are being obnoxious, insensitive and rude with those comments of yours.

My focus wasn't on paganism, but rather many if these practices that form what we refer to as African Traditional Religion.

I'm supposed to be irritated by your lack of comprehension, and proper reasoning, but I know where you are coming from.
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Sterope(f): 12:06pm On Jul 09, 2019
Most students? Really..I thought this was a secular school. You really consider to fair to let atheists, pagans and Muslims to go through because they are in the minority?

Who knew that everything should be done to benefit the most in the school of all places. What does praise and worship have to do with learning? I hope you are one of the biggest supporters of Buhari. It will be very hypocritical if you don't hail him at everything.

HeyCorleone:

First, at the emboldened. I know you Muslims have been brainwashed into believing nonsense like someone would die or have something bad happen to them if they year or burn the Quran, or if the mention the prophet's name in vain. Such things don't happen. Just like how people can't develop a brain tumour by merely discussing a matter. Seek wisdom.

What is wrong with praise and worship? Isn't it born out of a consensus of who has the most students there? Or you want them to start with Arabic chants while having a ratio of 5 Muslim students to 95 Christian students? No. No. It doesn't add up. Besides, southern states, whatever way you try to debate it, and predominantly Christian states. Just like how I do not expect any school in the North to begin the day with the Lord's prayer. No. It can't happen.

If you're so butthurt, you change your child's school. I'd like my child to imbibe the tenets of my religion, and to do that, I have to send him to a missionary school. Not come on social media to cry like a denied baby.
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Sterope(f): 12:08pm On Jul 09, 2019
African Traditional Religion=Paganism

Please be irritated. If what you have going for you is comprehension and proper reasoning, I will rather shoot myself in the head.
HeyCorleone:

My focus wasn't on paganism, but rather many if these practices that form what we refer to as African Traditional Religion.

I'm supposed to be irritated by your lack of comprehension, and proper reasoning, but I know where you are coming from.
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Olorunnim: 12:12pm On Jul 09, 2019
it's a shame this is my Grandad godson
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
I wonder why Africans are possessed with religious fanaticism/extremism...is it due to poverty mentality?
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Laid2001: 12:25pm On Jul 09, 2019
ISI will lose in court.

Hijab right has never lost in court. It is a religious right and a fundamental human right to religious freedom.

Its a shame, we still have this type of cases in Nigeria while even advanced countries have gone beyond all these kind of frivolities.
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by true2god: 12:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
nototribalist:
Yoruba Muslims have to call this mumuric man to order
Dog on a hijab?
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Innogee: 12:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
The international school is a Christian school. Why not respect their rules and regulations. Will a Muslim school allow Christian girls to wear trousers?
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by dominique(f): 12:33pm On Jul 09, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Checked your profile, can see you've sworn oath, so I don't expect you to be sane.

ISI is a secular school, which means it accepts all religions, at the same time recognising none. It's so simple.

You want to go to school and still practice your religion, enrol in many of the Muslim schools around the country. It's very easy.

But don't think you can upset a school's system because you want to be holier than the Arabs. It's insane.

The school never had issues with students wearing hijab before this new principal got appointed and suddenly changed the rules and you expect the parents to withdraw their children? JUST LIKE THAT? Nobody has raised eyebrows at conducting Christian assembly for four out of five days, but the Muslims want to adhere to their mode of dressing (which was approved by the school before this bigoted principal came on board) suddenly they're asking for too much. The principal is running the school like it's her private property which is totally wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Angelfrost(m): 12:35pm On Jul 09, 2019
Am I the only person that didn't bother reading this trash?... undecided

1 Like

Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Laid2001: 12:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
ISI is a federal government school owned by UI and not formed by any religion.

All Government schools in OYO state allows the hijab for Muslim girls who wants it.

ISI can not favor or be seen to be favoring one religion over others. It has to be in line with all other government (federal or state) owned schools.

The case is back in court and hijab has never lost in court.!

It is only sad Muslims has to go to court every time to enforce their fundamental human right being denied by some fundamentalist Christians.

favinvest:
MURIC why not encourage your fellow Muslims to go and form their own school and university were the sunnah/sharia etc can be practiced..

And stop disturbing the ones form by other religions
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by idrisaleo1: 12:39pm On Jul 09, 2019
I can see how senseless and bias some Nigerians can be. Very soon they will cry Islamization. Instead of us to fight injustice wherever we see one, we tend to overlook them inasmuch as it does not affect us.

1 Like

Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Laid2001: 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
ISI is owned by UI not a Christian school.

Innogee:
The international school is a Christian school. Why not respect their rules and regulations. Will a Muslim school allow Christian girls to wear trousers?
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by bulletproofmonk(m): 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2019
Sterope:
Wow? The same school that does praise and worship 4 days out 5? NO THEY DON'T

The same school that was established by a public body on a public property, that does not pay rent denying students of their constitutional rights. - ISI WAS ESTABLISHED BY THE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN IN 1963 WITH THE AID OF A FORD FOUNDATION GRANT, FOR STAFF CHILDREN. IT HAS NEVER BEEN FUNDED BY THE FG.

In case you haven't ealised, you and your cohorts are the real mad people. Like I stated earlier, you will develop brain tumour on top this matter.

FYI - I AM A 1999 ALUMNUS

1 Like

Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Sterope(f): 12:52pm On Jul 09, 2019
With the aid? On public property?

bulletproofmonk:

FYI - I AM A 1999 ALUMNUS
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by emerged01(m): 12:55pm On Jul 09, 2019
obiekunie2:
THIS SOUTHWEST IS GRADUALLY BECOMING AND ENDANGERED SPECIE.

FULANI KIDNAPPING AND SLAUGHTERING THEM LIKE COW,

RUGA COMING TO ROOST AMONG THEM

THEN FINALLY MURIC IS BRINGING HOMEGROWN TERRORISM TO THEM. SOON HE WILL BEGIN BOMBING THEIR SCHOOLS.

SOUTHWEST NEED OUR PRAYERS!
Lol! You cant because of brother muric conclude that southwest is becoming endangered specie. Religion can never divide west,if tradition still exists majorly in west,don't believe southwest divide along religion line.
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Onyekachi419(f): 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2019
Trism:

Being peaceful is not the same as being foolish and not knowing your right
Are u saying, muric is foolish? grin
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by pek(m): 1:05pm On Jul 09, 2019
If you read all that, kudos to you. Where of hijab or any other apparel has been outlawed in the school. The school even won a lawsuit against them on this issue last year.
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by bulletproofmonk(m): 1:15pm On Jul 09, 2019
Sterope:
With the aid? On public property?

NEITHER ME NOR YOU HAVE DETAILS ON THE LEASE CONTRACT BETWEEN LESSOR AND LESSEE. SO DON'T ASSUME.
Re: Muric's Position On Hijab Saga In International School Ibadan by Sterope(f): 1:17pm On Jul 09, 2019
On FG property? You will be fine.

bulletproofmonk:

NEITHER ME NOR YOU HAVE DETAILS ON THE LEASE CONTRACT BETWEEN LESSOR AND LESSEE. SO DON'T ASSUME.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LASU Management Creates Part Time Jobs For Students / Construction Of Transportation University To Start Very Soon - Rotimi Amaechi / Asking For Nda Form Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.