Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,390 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army (31766 Views)

Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General / Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad / NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by mapet: 8:10am On Jul 10, 2019
FarahAideed:
Buhari is causing confusion everywhere , what kind of confusing promotion is this na , this is proof Buhari indeed promoted that custom man yesterday to CG like the man claimed

You need to be sent to the same institution the custom man is currently being evaluated
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by kamzibobo(m): 8:10am On Jul 10, 2019
FarahAideed:

I was already a multi millionaire before Buhari became president and I will be a naira billionaire before he leaves so worry about yourself and your failed lineage and leave me alone dude . You think everyone is worthless like you shei? Think again
Make me to
GtB
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by mapet: 8:12am On Jul 10, 2019
Tomide007:
What is wrong with buhari.......another officer on the same rank with chief of army staff? ...... I think he's going to be announced as COAS. This is weird really.Why pick someone from the 34th course(think so) and make him a lieutenant general knowing fully well that the chief of policy and planning that acts as the second in command to the chief of army staff is still a major general.... How do you expect nomalcy In situations like that...... If you promote someone you had better give him an appointment that will reflect it, that's the best thing to do or else you're encouraging anarchy......and I think he deserves the promotion especially on what he did at maiduguri and commander mnjtf

Is it weird? NO. Buhari promoted Tunde Idiagbon to same rank as he, when he was Head of State. Special promotion is not a new phenomenon. That someone is above him does not matter.
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by mapet: 8:13am On Jul 10, 2019
orazx:
https://pearsbaby.ng/pears-baby-of-the-year-2019/?contest=photo-detail&photo_id=18782. Please we need your votes

I have voted.

**Suggestion**
You will probably get more traction on IG and Twitter

1 Like

Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by goldenarrow: 8:25am On Jul 10, 2019
VillagePipu:

Which your son?

The bearded coward who got 3M of you killed and ran from Abakaliki to Abidjan like a stray dog?

See this one claiming someone else's ethnicity because he's ashamed of his parents, family and ancestry.

EPIC.
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by Tomide007: 8:49am On Jul 10, 2019
mapet:

Is it weird? NO. Buhari promoted Tunde Idiagbon to same rank as he, when he was Head of State. Special promotion is not a new phenomenon. That someone is above him does not matter.
you seem not to get it, his appointment should reflect his rank....... you can't have a senior ranked man with a lower appointment.
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by mapet: 11:46am On Jul 10, 2019
Tomide007:

you seem not to get it, his appointment should reflect his rank....... you can't have a senior ranked man with a lower appointment.

What I don't get is your flawed points. This is not the first, it happened in times past. It happens in Civil Service & Private Sector......... so what's your point?
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by beresponsible(m): 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2019
Good thing is an afonja and not aboki. Person no go hear word
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by Tomide007: 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2019
mapet:

What I don't get is your flawed points. This is not the first, it happened in times past. It happens in Civil Service & Private Sector......... so what's your point?
In the military it has never......in absence of the coas the representative is the chief of policy and planning. So in this scenario the cpp will give instructions to a lieutenant general......things like this encourage anarchy. Do soldiers in absence of the COAS take instructions from the chief of policy and planning which is the most senior appointment or the man with the most senior rank......imagine a colonel in the position of commanding officer.... Or a major who is an adjutant .....ask a friend in the military for his opinion if you don't understand my gist... Thanks.....dont compare civilian with the military. In the military you cant find a senior ranked man with a lower appointment.... If you promote a man in the military, you retire all his seniors with lower rank...eg when buratai was appointed from course 29(regular), all his mates and seniors were retired.... Promoting adeosun without giving him neccessary appointment is wrong..... Their is a man dere who is from course 31 for Christ sake, he should be allowed to go......youre turning the military into a civil service. If a man with a higher appointment gives a order and another with a higher rank gives another then it is the perogative of soldiers to choose who to obey.
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:03pm On Jul 10, 2019
Tomide007:
What is wrong with buhari.......another officer on the same rank with chief of army staff? ...... I think he's going to be announced as COAS. This is weird really.Why pick someone from the 34th course(think so) and make him a lieutenant general knowing fully well that the chief of policy and planning that acts as the second in command to the chief of army staff is still a major general.... How do you expect nomalcy In situations like that...... If you promote someone you had better give him an appointment that will reflect it, that's the best thing to do or else you're encouraging anarchy......and I think he deserves the promotion especially on what he did at maiduguri and commander mnjtf
There is nothing amiss here... Both the Chief Training and Chief Policy/Planning, were promoted Maj General the same time.
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by Tomide007: 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

There is nothing amiss here... Both the Chief Training and Chief Policy/Planning, were promoted Maj General the same time.
I'm not talking about promotion to major general, but promotion to lieutenant general of lamidi adeosun.. Find out who acts as the deputy to the chief of army staff,then you'll be surprised that a higher ranked man will be subject to a lower ranked officer. Major general chairs the army council meeting in presence of lieutenant general....military respects appointment and rank. That's where the hierarchy is somewhat distorted.
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2019
Blackfriday:
yes, you are right. But not in the military, you can't have two officers in same rank as the COAS. The new LT. Gen. Can't be said to a subordinate to the COAS cos they share the same rank now and that can breed anarchy.
Nor true!

As Head of State, IBB was of same rank (full General) with General Abacha, the Chief of Defence Staff.

Also, During Abacha, Lt Gen Jeremiah Useni was FCT Minister while Major General Abdulsallam Abubakar was Chief of Defence Staff and another Major General Ishaya Bamaiyi was Chief of Army Staff.

Note that both CDS and COAS were junior (in rank) to Useni but they had higher appointment.
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:17pm On Jul 10, 2019
Tomide007:

I'm not talking about promotion to major general, but promotion to lieutenant general of lamidi adeosun.. Find out who acts as the deputy to the chief of army staff,then you'll be surprised that a higher ranked man will be subject to a lower ranked officer. Major general chairs the army council meeting in presence of lieutenant general....military respects appointment and rank. That's where the hierarchy is somewhat distorted.
Useni was senior to Bamayi and Abdulsallam but both were COAS and CDS respectively while he was Minister of FCT. Meaning, Maj Generals was sittingt as Chair of Army and Defence Councils while Lt General watches.

BTW that someone *act* as Deputy to the COAS doesn't mean he is deputy to COAS. COAS is an appointment and he has no Deputy in real sense... Make everybody face their directorate
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by Tomide007: 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

Nor true!

As Head of State, IBB was of same rank (full General) with General Abacha, the Chief of Defence Staff.

Also, During Abacha, Lt Gen Jeremiah Useni was FCT Minister while Major General Abdulsallam Abubakar was Chief of Defence Staff and another Major General Ishaya Bamaiyi was Chief of Army Staff.

Note that both CDS and COAS were junior (in rank) to Useni but they had higher appointment.
But it's not right nah....there is a reason every country in the world follow that pattern...the president can promote a 24 year old boy to a full star general... But that doesn't make it right.... My own opinion one or both of them will be retired soon.
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2019
Tomide007:

But it's not right nah....there is a reason every country in the world follow that pattern...the president can promote a 24 year old boy to a full star general... But that doesn't make it right.... My own opinion one or both of them will be retired soon.
That's not a criteria. Was IBB retired or Abacha dismissed when IBB and Abacha became full General at same time?
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by Tomide007: 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
That's not a criteria. Was IBB retired or Abacha dismissed when IBB and Abacha became full General at same time?
Well since I no sabi history wella.....i know that one of them must be at least a chief of defence staff will the other must have been holding a higher appointment ........but in the military this is usually discouraged cose it might lead to soldiers picking sides and might lead to coup..... Things like this are signs of a military regime.... Kindly school me on who was president, and the Two generals which post were they holding. But i suspect cds and MOD
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by alobright17(m): 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2019
FarahAideed:

I was already a multi millionaire before Buhari became president and I will be a naira billionaire before he leaves so worry about yourself and your failed lineage and leave me alone dude . You think everyone is worthless like you shei? Think again
My friend stop making noise , Multi Billionaire Indeed , frustrated thing like you .
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by FarahAideed: 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2019
alobright17:
My friend stop making noise , Multi Billionaire Indeed , frustrated thing like you .

Where did I say multi billionaire ? I am going to have a billion naira of my own before Buhari leaves and you can't stop me ... Be eating your mothers food there and getting old ok
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by Iceking1(m): 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2019
AndroBlaze:

I'm sure you know more about the army than a career soldier and a two time Commander in Chief.

Tomide007 is 100% right, last four year's before Burutai was announced as chief of army staff all other senior officers on same rank as him, "lieutenant generals" were all retired.
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by alobright17(m): 3:30pm On Jul 10, 2019
FarahAideed:

Where did I say multi billionaire ? I am going to have a billion naira of my own before Buhari leaves and you can't stop me ... Be eating your mothers food there and getting old ok
Just stop hallucinating already you're frustrated
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:01pm On Jul 10, 2019
Tomide007:

Well since I no sabi history wella.....i know that one of them must be at least a chief of defence staff will the other must have been holding a higher appointment ........but in the military this is usually discouraged cose it might lead to soldiers picking sides and might lead to coup..... Things like this are signs of a military regime.... Kindly school me on who was president, and the Two generals which post were they holding. But i suspect cds and MOD
IBB was Head of State and Commander in Chief while Abacha was Chief of Defence Staff...

This is very common in the military...
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by mapet: 9:15am On Jul 11, 2019
Tomide007:

In the military it has never......in absence of the coas the representative is the chief of policy and planning. So in this scenario the cpp will give instructions to a lieutenant general......things like this encourage anarchy. Do soldiers in absence of the COAS take instructions from the chief of policy and planning which is the most senior appointment or the man with the most senior rank......imagine a colonel in the position of commanding officer.... Or a major who is an adjutant .....ask a friend in the military for his opinion if you don't understand my gist... Thanks.....dont compare civilian with the military. In the military you cant find a senior ranked man with a lower appointment.... If you promote a man in the military, you retire all his seniors with lower rank...eg when buratai was appointed from course 29(regular), all his mates and seniors were retired.... Promoting adeosun without giving him neccessary appointment is wrong..... Their is a man dere who is from course 31 for Christ sake, he should be allowed to go......youre turning the military into a civil service. If a man with a higher appointment gives a order and another with a higher rank gives another then it is the perogative of soldiers to choose who to obey.

From this factual incorrect/false statement... I give up. I didn't even bother to read the rest
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by Daviddson(m): 10:30am On Jul 11, 2019
AngelicBeing:
l concur, Buhari is a dead carcass in Aso Rock, the promotion was done by the bastards called cabals surrounding Buhari, Buhari is operating with a dead analog brain, the cabals are the one calling the shots in the villa, Nigeria is beyond redemption as long as you have bastards called cabals, they are pushing Buhari like a remote control and the country continues to slide into one of the unsafest country on earth, zombies and patriotic citizens can disagree with me but however, they are trapped in the shithole jungle enjoying all the hunger and starvation grin
Please if you're an agent of devil, make it very clear so that we know. The same person doing preaching in the Religion section comes here calling people all sort of disgusting names and exchanging insults with a certain mizwisdom, including calling a living person a "dead carcass". You need Jesus for living a double life.
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by AngelicBeing: 10:35am On Jul 11, 2019
Daviddson:
Please if you're an agent of devil, make it very clear so that we know. The same person doing preaching in the Religion section comes here calling people all sort of disgusting names and exchanging insults with a certai, including calling a living person a "dead carcass". You need Jesus for living a double life.
l am not a preacher nor a hypocrite like lots of people who see evil and call it good, I don't subscribe to any politician or party, l call evil out when I see it, My opinion and my views, if it hurts you go and end your miserable life, this is a forum, post your own opinion and move on, you are not God that has a final say in my life, yes, the guy in the villa is a dead carcass, now run along with your miserable life and buzz off, rubbish, keep clapping hands for the politicians and enjoy the endemic hardship, poverty, killings, kidnapping, cultism, ritualism, senseless killings and all it offers until it will start affecting you or those close to you before you know that the idiot in the villa you are supporting doesn't give a fvck to your miserable life , nonsense angry
Re: Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army by Daviddson(m): 11:52am On Jul 11, 2019
AngelicBeing:
l am not a preacher nor a hypocrite like lots of people who see evil and call it good, I don't subscribe to any politician or party, l call evil out when I see it, My opinion and my views, if it hurts you go and end your miserable life, this is a forum, post your own opinion and move on, you are not God that has a final say in my life, yes, the guy in the villa is a dead carcass, now run along with your miserable life and buzz off, rubbish, keep clapping hands for the politicians and enjoy the endemic hardship, poverty, killings, kidnapping, cultism, ritualism, senseless killings and all it offers until it will start affecting you or those close to you before you know that the idiot in the villa you are supporting doesn't give a fvck to your miserable life , nonsense angry
I'm not actually surprised by this outburst. I'm only asking you to desist from being a hypocrite and embrace Jesus in truth rather than faking what you are not. Take care. Bye.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekiti Gets NAF Base, As Oyebanji, CAS Turn Sod At Airport Site / Rivers Government To Demolish Bayelsa Government's Buildings In Port Harcourt / Zamfara Govt Robbed My Houses, Stole Cars, Hijabs, Stoves – Matawalle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.