Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Beware Of Your Idols - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of Your Idols (5892 Views)

Indians Are Throwing their Idols Inside River For Not Saving India From Covid-19 / Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2019
budaatum:
That's news to me. Why do you think I have a problem with the Bible?
You don't?
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2019
budaatum:

See here

It's okay Buda. One thing is clear, it's your opinion.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by budaatum: 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2019
Shepherd00:

You don't?
Do I Shepherd? You seem to know me better than I do so do tell please.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Your Idols by budaatum: 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2019
Shepherd00:

It's okay Buda. One thing is clear, it's your opinion.
I never said it was anything else Shepherd.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2019
budaatum:

No one submits to the Word of God 411. What everyone submits to, if they submit at all, is their own understanding of the Word of God which is usually twisted to justify their own actions.
It'll make sense If you say, 'I don't submit to the Word of God, instead of saying 'No one submits to the Word of God, because so many people do.
Hardened criminals have submitted to the Word of God. I wonder how they can twist the Word to justify their actions.
What will they be justifying, their repentance or criminal acts?

Notorious prostitutes have submitted to the Word of God and shun sex selling, how can they twist it to justify their actions?

Boko haram members both here in Nigeria and outside, have been convicted by the Word whether in print or in Essence. All manner of sinners have been saved by the Word, I was saved by the Word. How could I ve twisted the Word to justify me stopping to lie, cheat, fornicate and hate people?

budaatum:

It is as is written, "The Word of God was made for man, not man for the Word of God. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Word of God." baav
You pulled this out of your hat. Scripture pls?

budaatum:

We twist our own understanding into it and claim God said essentially, just as Christ taught us to but using the key which is [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians+13&version=NIV&interface=amp]love[/url].
In other words, God never said, "Thou shall not Lie?"
As in, The Ten Commandments are not given by God the way they are, but were twisted by men to suit their understanding?
What about the teaching of the Lord Jesus you claim to follow, He didn't teach them as you follow them?

Buda, you ve been twisting the Word of God so thinks everyone does.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by budaatum: 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2019
Shepherd00:

Buda, you ve been twisting the Word of God so thinks everyone does.
You believe so Shepherd. I'll just put it down to your own understanding of buda.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2019
budaatum:

A trick I'm delighted to miss since it means I'd rather learn and understand Christ than bow down and worship or honour and revere Christ. It's the difference between seeing through dark glass and knowing.

There is a reason why it is written that the Gospel is preached to the poor. As you well know, the Holy Spirit gives each individual the ability to understand as much as they put in the effort to understand. Besides, to the best of my knowledge, Christ never asked anyone to "bow down and worship or honour and revere" Christ.
Why didn't he stopped the numerous people who worshipped Him?
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by budaatum: 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2019
Shepherd00:

Why didn't he stopped the numerous people who worshipped Him?
Where were numerous people worshipping him?
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2019
budaatum:

I am not Thomas, muttley. I am buda, the buda that believes not but makes use of the brain and mind that the Lord God gave buda so buda can seek understanding, which I do not need permission from you to do.

If you missed buda's attitude to "believing", start here.
You are the type the Lord refers to 'Those who enter the sheepfold through the window'. What is commanded is clearly stated, but you chose to do the opposite. No problem. We shall surely understand by and by.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 2:36pm On Jul 13, 2019
pressplay411:

I do understand your position. Because truly ,understanding before believing is critical as it gives us conviction.
But as Muttley has rightly said, that's what Faith is.
We are Christians today nor because we understood nor even understand fully what the goal of Christianity is because it's an everlasting journey. But we believed first, and we're now seeing that goal which is the Kingdom of God and the Excellence of His Glory all embodied in the knowledge of Christ Jesus.

On that premise, you see that contrary to the way the world works, we do not see (understand) before we believe. We See because we now Believe.
That is how the Just live by Faith.

However seeking to understand is important but it is preceded by Believing.
Understanding comes by the Holy Spirit, once we believe in God through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour- the Wisdom of God.
Tell him.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Trust I havent a monkey to get off my back and I have never in my life to date, own or have a monkey

I dont know what you are. I have never pictured you in my mind talkless think you are a sheep.

I do know I am a moG and also remember Jesus saying, "A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his relatives and his own family" When you resort to shooting at the messenger and not the message, there certainly is a monkey on someone's back somewhere
If you are not shy state in plain terms who you are. Stop hiding under moG
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 2:40pm On Jul 13, 2019
pressplay411:

Ok. Perhaps you should consider the understanding of the Trinity of God. That helped and still helps me a lot.
This message below along with other teachings helped my understanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx130WPj1pA
So that you may know, Budaatum is not a Christian.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 2:44pm On Jul 13, 2019
elated177:

Statement with satanic/demonic undertone.
Out of the fullness of the heart, the mouth speaks. Budaatum is an Eastern Religionist, he is not a Christian.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by MuttleyLaff: 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2019
pressplay411:
It's not carnal because it is a spiritual exchange - Mind games.
Some people who should be spiritually mature and ready to answer hard and specific questions, aren't really spiritually mature enough and so aren't ready to answer hard, specic and sraightforwad direct questions.

pressplay411:
You should be careful, lest you start to sound like the Serpent himself.
The difference between the serpent and MuttleyLaff, is that MuttleyLaff is not set out to trick anyone

budaatum:
I would say "beliefs", instead of knowledge.
Belief without knowledge is a dangerous thing. This is why God draws a distinction between beliefs and real truth

A lot of interlocutors on the Religion forum have beliefs and truths not real, and just have them without knowledge

budaatum:
While many think what they know is knowledge, I often find that what many call knowledge are the elements of their belief. Knowledgeable people know that they can't possibly know everything so they would not exactly hold on so tenaciously to what they know because they know they can learn more everyday, while believers know already and tend not to learn especially if it contradicts their beliefs.
it's important to know that, knowledge is learning something new every day and recognise that, wisdom is letting go of something every day

With full knowledge, you're always, in a win win situation, but with weak knowledge you can always fail. Activate your lateral thinking, harness your critical thinking skills, and prove with good logic, that you can be a great and good detective.

Do not blindly have faith in rickety psychological scaffolding of regurgitated beliefs. Note that the longest held belief does not make it the truest, The ideal of a perfectly fair society is a bunch of just make-believes. Shift through your thoughts. Doubt. Question. Query. Deconstruct what you think is true about the world and about you. Make yourself a virgin, make yourself as innocent as Eve again, but this time wiser, with a lot of sense wiseness.

Find out what you can learn from other people. Such people come into our lives and are a part our live for a reason. If you ignore the signals to what could be learned from what such people bring, life will bring them back again and again, turned up in volume and dressed differently.

The devil has no power ... except in the dark and especially when you are in the dark and not in the know.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by budaatum: 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2019
Shepherd00:

Out of the fullness of the heart, the mouth speaks. Budaatum is an Eastern Religionist, he is not a Christian.
Do you have evidence for this Shepherd or are you just making it up?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Your Idols by budaatum: 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2019
Shepherd00:

So that you may know, Budaatum is not a Christian.
Do you have evidence for this Shepherd or are you just making stuff up?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2019
elated177:
Budaatum wrote:

"This is 2000 years later, when we are exploring the Quarternity, but I would suppose one has to step out of the confines of Christianity and the Bible to get to that point, which may be difficult for some Christians despite Christ warning that one must not live by bread alone. Unfortunately, if some don't read it in their Bible it's not from God."

Elated177's response:

Now this is your whole mission; to lure the saints and the unstable from the foundation of their faith.

This tactics reminds me of a certain Indian movie I watched donkey years ago.

Once a saint of YHVH Almighty steps away from the confines of the Scriptures in search of knowledge or understanding, such one has fallen into the trap of Satan.

You, budaatum, are with all subtlety luring the unstable to occultism and new age ideas. You are not as subtle as you think, though. Any saint of Yahushua the Messiah can see through you. You are just using the knowledge of the Scriptures, albeit just the Letters, to mask your true intentions.

May YHVH Almighty continue to deliver his saints from your kind on this forum and beyond.
Amen.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by MuttleyLaff: 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2019
Shepherd00:
Tell him.
What's to tell, hmm, my good customer, my customer mi daada ni, erhn?

Shepherd00:
If you are not shy state in plain terms who you are. Stop hiding under moG
"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:"
- John 1:12

"14For those who are led by The Spirit of God, these are the sons of God.
16And that Spirit testifies to our spirit that we are sons of God;
"
- Romans 8:14 & 16

Na for my mouth, you wan hear, make I tell una, say na fish dey inside sardine abi Shepherd00?
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
1/ Please articulate to the best of your understanding, what is evil, wrong and bad in two adult having a romantic strictly monogamous same same sex attraction relationship, that is caring, loyal, kind, love until death do apart and is not harmful to anyone or anything, not a person, not a child and not an animal, hmm pressplay411?

2/ What immorality are such two living and enjoying a strictly monogamous same sex attraction relationship lifestyle, no cheating, no sleeping around, no etcetera hmm?
Here we go.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2019
budaatum:

And obviously, not just of love, but of the entire scripture it would seem, and rather than trying to understand what one might mean, you jump in with no understanding whatsoever!

Do tell, a person goes to church on Sunday, sings aleluya Jesus amen, pays full tithes and appears pious, but then lacks love for their neighbours, has that person not been worshipping idols?

A person believes the word of God but does not do God's will, has that person not been worshipping idols?

Is it not true that Scripture is just words in a book to those who breathes not life, love, doing, into those words?
How does the picture you have painted here depicts a saint who believes in the person and teachings of Jesus?
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2019
budaatum:

Idol Worship Saying love with the mouth but not in doing.
Who taught this, Jesus?
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2019
pressplay411:

What's a qadesh?
Stop responding to that pervert he will turn your thread to a homosexual thread.

Focus on your Op.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by MuttleyLaff: 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2019
Shepherd00:
Here we go.

Shepherd00:
Stop responding to that pervert he will turn your thread to a homosexual thread.

Focus on your Op.
This nah joblessness of d highest order. That is why you are poke nosing into a post not concerning you but meant for pressplay411 to answer. SMH
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2019
budaatum:
By the way, I do not pray. God knows what I require and gives it me when I require it by showing me how to go get it. As I am made to understand, if I do not sow, I shall not reap manna from heaven, and prayer is not, work! Below is how it is written in the bauv.

Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground, and only then will you be blessed by God.

You may check the validity of the above by considering if nations that are fruitful and fill and subdue the earth are not the ones that God has blessed.
So, you do not believe in Jesus. You don't Worship Jesus, you don't pray, what then do you do Buda?
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 3:10pm On Jul 13, 2019
Na so this thread take turn to homosexual thread. Pls someone shd stop MuttleyLaff from staining every thread he enters with his shitty fingers.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 3:14pm On Jul 13, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

This nah joblessness of d highest order. That is why you are poke nosing into a post not concerning you but meant for pressplay411 to answer. SMH
MuttleyLaff, this is not a homosexual thread, go to your filthy thread and campaign for homosexuality.

He is not aware that you have an agenda of trying to turn this thread into a shitty homosexual thread that is why he is indulging you.

Pressplay, pls stop before Everything about this thread will be about homosexuality.

47 pages you couldn't prove to the world that homosexuality is Scriptural, when you were caught you claimed we were not ready to hear or see it. You have shamelessly brought your filthymind with you here.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 3:17pm On Jul 13, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
What's to tell, hmm, my good customer, my customer mi daada ni, erhn?

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:"
- John 1:12

"14For those who are led by The Spirit of God, these are the sons of God.
16And that Spirit testifies to our spirit that we are sons of God;
"
- Romans 8:14 & 16

Na for my mouth, you wan hear, make I tell una, say na fish dey inside sardine abi Shepherd00?
No be for your mouth I go hear say you be "MoG?".

Why can't you say it? What's the big deal in saying 'I am a man of God?' if you truly are?

Oh, you do not want to be referred to as a homosexual man of god
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 3:19pm On Jul 13, 2019
budaatum:

Do you have evidence for this Shepherd or are you just making stuff up?
Making stuff up? You forgot that you and I were logged in thread which ran into several pages?
And,even in this very thread you have said a lot which clearly says you are not a Christian, which means 'A follower of Christ', for every follower of Christ worships Him.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2019
budaatum:
Where were numerous people worshipping him?
What will you do if I post scriptures where Jesus was worshipped?
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by MuttleyLaff: 3:21pm On Jul 13, 2019
Shepherd00:
Na so this thread take turn to homosexual thread. Pls someone shd stop MuttleyLaff from staining every thread he enters with his shitty fingers.

Shepherd00:
MuttleyLaff, this is not a homosexual thread, go to your filthy thread and campaign for homosexuality.

He is not aware that you have an agenda of trying to turn this thread into a shitty homosexual thread that is why he is indulging you.

Pressplay, pls stop before Everything about this thread will be about homosexuality.

47 pages you couldn't prove to the world that homosexuality is Scriptural, when you were caught you claimed we were not ready to hear or see it. You have shamelessly brought your filthymind with you here.

elated177:

You see, budaatum, even muttleylaff - a chronic, dyed in the wool, unrepentant twister and manipulator of the Scriptures -has shamed his employer and master, Satan, and stated the truth here.

Though, the saints must not be deceived.

budaatum:

I'd remind you, you said so when he tells you Gods word is love same gender sex people.

Except for you, everyone can read, everyone can read to see that, I, from Page 0 started this thread with OP without introducing anything about same sex attraction. The evidence is shown above with the interaction between elaated177 and budaaatum
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 3:21pm On Jul 13, 2019
budaatum:

You believe so Shepherd. I'll just put it down to your own understanding of buda.
You can try
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by Shepherd00: 3:22pm On Jul 13, 2019
budaatum:
Do I Shepherd? You seem to know me better than I do so do tell please.
Or, maybe you post stuff here and forget.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

[Misconception] The Church of satan Does Not Really Worship Satan... / The Innercity Missions Of Pastor Chris / Pastor Adeboye's Prediction For Super Eagles "All Shall Be Well" - TB Joshua's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.