Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter (38470 Views)

Buhari Charges Super Eagles On Fourth AFCON Title / Brazil Vs Nigeria Friendly: Super Eagles On Their Way To Singapore (Photos) / Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by ehmmy11(m): 11:39am On Jul 11, 2019
I hope when the dust settles everybody will still praise him.. And the rest who suddenly became world class players over night grin ....for those that have seen him play more than once for Villarreal.. You know what's up
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 11, 2019
highbeekeys:
It messed kanu up too right? Bro, if you're good, you're good!
Exactly!
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by Paddy247: 11:42am On Jul 11, 2019
tafat:
Fantastic game from our young Messi, Chukwueze did wonders yesterday and we're proud of him. Lemme rush and subscribe to this airtel binge plan so I can get 2gb to watch his videos all day long

Pls what's the code?
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by joepepsy(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2019
How many white is ib our team?
Pacesetter123:
It's due to language barrier and high profile racism in Spain.Do you ask why their national team doesn't have any black player? Do you think dey didn't colonize any African states? Dey did. Check out English national team,u will see blacks mainly from Anglophone African states.Then check out Portuguese national team,dey r dominated by Cape Verdes n Angolans.Wot will I say abt de world conquering French national team? It's dominated by blacks from dia 4mer west African colonies.
Spanish team, nobody from at least Equitorial Guinea or Guinea Bisau which dey colonized.
So,how do u expect to see our players much in a league organized by group of racists.
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by Ejanla07: 11:43am On Jul 11, 2019
internationalman:

Please don't aim a dig at Messi coz he's played with plethora of black players in his career so far and a Nigerian black won't change anything for him.

And if the English people are not so racist how come there hasn't been a black coach, referee, or linesman in the EPL so far.

Paul scholes, frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Garry Neville Phil Neville and Ryan Giggs have all been offered a coaching job before.

Whereas EPL legends like Rio Ferdinand, Didier Drogba, Dwight York, Andrew Cole, Soe Campbell, Thiery Henry and Emily Hesky have never been taken seriously when a job offer is available.

Paul ince is black
Teams he managed
2006–2007 Macclesfield Town
2007–2008 Milton Keynes Dons
2008 Blackburn Rovers
2009–2010 Milton Keynes Dons
2010–2011 Notts County
2013–2014 Blackpool

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by tfash96(m): 11:45am On Jul 11, 2019
internationalman:

Please don't aim a dig at Messi coz he's played with plethora of black players in his career so far and a Nigerian black won't change anything for him.

And if the English people are not so racist how come there hasn't been a black coach, referee, or linesman in the EPL so far.

Paul scholes, frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Garry Neville Phil Neville and Ryan Giggs have all been offered a coaching job before.

Whereas EPL legends like Rio Ferdinand, Didier Drogba, Dwight York, Andrew Cole, Soe Campbell, Thiery Henry and Emily Hesky have never been taken seriously when a job offer is available.
ok sir
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by ehmmy11(m): 11:46am On Jul 11, 2019
Henrodah:

It's not tactical, too much running like say dem dey pursue them. No doubt it favours them at times but that kind of play has weaknesses mostly against possession football eg barcelona from 2006 to 2015.
undecided Liverpool ,Chelsea beat them in that period undecided
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by tfash96(m): 11:50am On Jul 11, 2019
Mateen1000:

Bro ,You have Points, But I totally disagree.
Likes of Eto’o, Yaya Toure and Keita played there conveniently for several years.
yeah u are right but not as common as England especially Chelsea then full of likes of Essien,Drogba n co
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by tfash96(m): 11:52am On Jul 11, 2019
Mateen1000:

Likes of Eto’o, Yaya Toure and Keita played there conveniently for several years.
And u know what time will tell I wish Barcelona could finally buy Chukwueze and we will see what will happen

Truth be told the guy is good
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by internationalman(m): 12:34pm On Jul 11, 2019
Ejanla07:

Paul ince is black
Teams he managed
2006–2007 Macclesfield Town
2007–2008 Milton Keynes Dons
2008 Blackburn Rovers
2009–2010 Milton Keynes Dons
2010–2011 Notts County
2013–2014 Blackpool
yeah I missed that
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by Mateen1000: 12:35pm On Jul 11, 2019
tfash96:
And u know what time will tell I wish Barcelona could finally buy Chukwueze and we will see what will happen

Truth be told the guy is good

Yes, He’s a good player
But I think he plays just like Robben, Not Messi
And Barca won’t be the best team for him
Madrid will still be a better place for him
Since Bale is not assured of staying
My thought tho

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by godwinony(m): 12:35pm On Jul 11, 2019
internationalman:

Yeah money money money..

That's why Kanu to me is bigger than Okocha internationally..

Money is the name of the game now bro...
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by godwinony(m): 12:54pm On Jul 11, 2019
godquality:
Those idiots running Africa football should remove "Total" from the name of the competition. They are not the first sponsors of such competition. You don't hear Hyundai FIFA world cup or such.

By the way, who like me thought that S Africa goal was Offiside? When the FK was played that player was definitely in offside so regardless of the ball hitting Ighalo's back, it should still have been offside. Even the oyinbo commentator for the replay i watched said as much.

I know this VAR will cause issues because na still humans go interpret wetin they saw. Just like am doing now grin grin

If you watched and can remembered the FIFA world cup final in 2014 between Argentina and Germany, in the early minutes of the game, Higuain was very very offside when Toni Kroos played a sort of bad backpass to his keeper Manuel Neuer, immediately, Higuain who was still very offside sprang at the chance and missed and no whistle or flag interrupted. Reason: the ball was played by an opponent. Same thing happened yesterday. Soon as as I saw the replay, I didn't even wait for VAR to confirm it, I just knew it will stand.
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by cosef: 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
Villareal go happy na. Their most prized asset is getting even more pricey in value.
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by Henrodah(m): 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2019
ehmmy11:
undecided Liverpool ,Chelsea beat them in that period undecided
It's normal now , just the game play am talking about.
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by Henrodah(m): 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2019
Kylekent59:

Ok.

I understand you now. It's true sha, they don't apply skills like that, just running up and down and passing.

Those days of Ronaldinho in Barcelona was the best.

I enjoyed football then.

Bro that's it ! That's the kinda football I feel is worthy of the game .
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by ClintonNzedimma(m): 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2019
Mateen1000:

Yes, He’s a good player
My thought tho

i am a barca fan, i agree

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by kiddkash(m): 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2019
godwinony:

The salary bro...teams like Wolverhampton, Leicester and Everton pay better than Atletico Madrid, Valencia and co... don't be surprised he might be earning €5,000 in Villareal while his mates in the English clubs aforementioned are earning over £50,000 ..
exactly last season epl teams played so well just. look at man city style of play, Chelsea, arsenal under emery, man u, tottenham, everton, wolves, Leicester, Bournemouth, newcastle. they all played so well better than other leagues

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by Freemanalee(m): 2:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
internationalman:
I don't know why Nigerians rarely play in the Spanish laliga..

They are tactically batter than the EPL by far as one can easily see in Chukwueze... All our EPL players got to offer is physicality and tackling abilities..

I know Chukwueze will be dreaming of playing in the EPL already coz it's every player's dream..

But if I were his next of kin, I would advise him to continue plying his trade in Spain while aiming for the top two giant clubs in Spain..

I've been longing to see a Nigerian play in Barcelona or Real Madrid since I became a football fan..

I tell you my brother if we have like 5 1st team super eagles boys playing in La Liga, we go win AFCON back to back for years and go as far as semi finals in the world cup

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by Pacesetter123(m): 2:14pm On Jul 11, 2019
joepepsy:
How many white is ib our team?
Did we Lord over any of them before?And how many of them are playing in our league n expresses desire to play for our national but was discriminated upon. Other African states dat have such people, don't you see how dey accommodated de white players without any discrimination? Check out S.Africa, Angola,Madacarscar just to mention a few.A lot of whites in dia team.
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by Ejanla07: 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2019
internationalman:

yeah I missed that

U missed nothing.
Kolo toure from ivory Coast is the current first team coach at Leicester City..
Current wolves coach. Nuno espirito santo is black...
Sol cambel have worked with England under 21.
Chris hughton former Brighton coach is black.

Oya show me black coach in Spain

Stop saying things because it sound nice.
English people re less racist among thr top european countries
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by Pacesetter123(m): 2:20pm On Jul 11, 2019
Mateen1000:

Den did u know wot dey did to Yaya Toure because of small Sergio Bouquet? Those people are racists.
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by Jokerman(m): 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2019
Henrodah:

It's not tactical, too much running like say dem dey pursue them. No doubt it favours them at times but that kind of play has weaknesses mostly against possession football eg barcelona from 2006 to 2015.

These English teams beat UEFALONA within that time period

Liverpool
Arsenal
Man utd
Chelsea
Tottenham
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by joepepsy(m): 3:13pm On Jul 11, 2019
They lord over africans cos we were not smart.
Pacesetter123:
Did we Lord over any of them before?And how many of them are playing in our league n expresses desire to play for our national but was discriminated upon. Other African states dat have such people, don't you see how dey accommodated de white players without any discrimination? Check out S.Africa, Angola,Madacarscar just to mention a few.A lot of whites in dia team.
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by Henrodah(m): 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2019
Jokerman:

These English teams beat UEFALONA within that time period

Liverpool
Arsenal
Man utd
Chelsea
Tottenham
Lies! Man Utd was beaten twice in UEFA finals 09 , 2011.
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by tfash96(m): 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2019
Mateen1000:

Yes, He’s a good player
My thought tho
When Madrid is not talking about him nko? Chukwueze shouldn't be like De Ligt(confused player) he should go to where he's sure of that his star will shine more be it Barcelona or not

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by Ejanla07: 5:50pm On Jul 11, 2019
Henrodah:
Lies! Man Utd was beaten twice in UEFA finals 09 , 2011.
Manchester United beat Barcelona in 2008 champions league semi final
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by Pacesetter123(m): 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2019
joepepsy:
They lord over africans cos we were not smart.
Lol,u r right sharr.Our thinking atimes e even tire me sef.
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by godquality: 8:31pm On Jul 11, 2019
godwinony:

If you watched and can remembered the FIFA world cup final in 2014 between Argentina and Germany, in the early minutes of the game, Higuain was very very offside when Toni Kroos played a sort of bad backpass to his keeper Manuel Neuer, immediately, Higuain who was still very offside sprang at the chance and missed and no whistle or flag interrupted. Reason: the ball was played by an opponent. Same thing happened yesterday. Soon as as I saw the replay, I didn't even wait for VAR to confirm it, I just knew it will stand.
i Know about the offside rule. My contention was, b4 the FK was taken he was already offside so even if the last touched of the ball came from our player he should still be Offiside. But FIFA rules and interpretation is like the Bible. Everybody interprets what they see how they see it. So na so i see am.
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by Henrodah(m): 9:23am On Jul 12, 2019
Ejanla07:

Manchester United beat Barcelona in 2008 champions league semi final

I hear u.
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by charmi1(f): 12:09pm On Jul 18, 2019
if you love creating new things, then don’t waste your time, and start learning Free Classifieds In Delhi at Daisy.
Re: AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter by charmi1(f): 12:10pm On Jul 18, 2019
Easy way to post free ads in Goa is here at Daisy which will find over a billion ads near you for dating, real estate, jobs and many more Free Classifieds In Goa. Daisy is considered to be under Top 10 Classified Sites In Goa now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" / Neymar Tries To Score From Corner Flag In PSG Training (Photos, Video) / Pictures From Nigeria's First Ever Motor Racing Championship Sponsored By Tecno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.