Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,533 members, 7,954,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:00 PM

Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much (64110 Views)

Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed / 15-Year-Old Indian Injected Her Boyfriend's HIV Positive Blood To Prove Her Love / 10-Year-Old Zimbabwean Eats Sex Sweets, Suffers ‘Everlasting’ Erection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by MhistaRolla(m): 11:15pm On Jul 12, 2019
cool[b][/b]A round of applause to him...he deserve some acolades
Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 12, 2019
Herrymax:
You fit chop dis?
Plus dis wan

1 Like

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by Aghaclem67: 11:20pm On Jul 12, 2019
For Naija here some of the canned foods don expire more than six months before they land for here. They just clean out the date and put another date. No be new thing here. We don dey consume expired foods knowingly and unknowingly for long and nothing dey happen. tongue tongue grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by SoNature(m): 11:22pm On Jul 12, 2019
kunleweb:
Expiry dates doesn't imply goods get damaged at that date. It simply means goods maintain prium standard as of the date. If less priority is given to the date, such goods can last well six months more. Understand this people.

You are partly right.
But NAFDAC says that what expiry dates mean is that if someone consumes that product after that day and something goes wrong, the maker cannot be held accountable.
Like you said, it doesn't necessarily mean that the product has spoilt.
This is the standard explanation by NAFDAC.

2 Likes

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by chinchum(m): 11:22pm On Jul 12, 2019
Best Before and Expiry dates are two different things.

Best Before implies it is no longer as fresh or perfect after the specified date. Expiry date means it is no longer fit for use or consumption.

1 Like

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by Damiflow: 11:23pm On Jul 12, 2019
Make him come try am wif Nigeria product grin
Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by Deicide: 11:24pm On Jul 12, 2019
Expiring date is to signify that after so so date the preservative used in storing the products would no longer be effective.

1 Like

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 12, 2019
Make I fap my own sef.... expire ko, inspire ni...

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by gnykelly(m): 11:29pm On Jul 12, 2019
meobizy:
He is probably building immunity to the micro bacteria present in expired foods.
The human body is an amazing work of art, engineering and biology.
I had peanut butter which expired and stayed for two months past the date.
The mold present in the content was enough to make me think twice about consuming it.

In the long run his body will adapt to the bacteria... Same way I saw people drinking rain water from the zinc InThe village I served... I was shocked.

2 Likes

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by Aghaclem67: 11:30pm On Jul 12, 2019
Lovelyn451:
Na him sabi.. me I don't joke with expiry date, even if na gala I must check expiry date

You never see one wey carry manufacture date wey still dey like two months ahead. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by stevolee007(m): 11:34pm On Jul 12, 2019
don't try that kind of experiment here for 9ja o

1 Like

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by sakaba(m): 11:35pm On Jul 12, 2019
Hehehe naija sha! grin
maxiuc:
I for Don die teh teh

There is this big super market near my house the owner is my good friend

During stock taking they will now be selecting out expired things Naso this guy go won throw away I said to bring ya all into my store room I go stock my house with plenty chop chop 2months I never buy food for house

Not all expired foods kills

1 Like

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by Skmoda360(m): 11:35pm On Jul 12, 2019
kunleweb:
Expiry dates doesn't imply goods get damaged at that date. It simply means goods maintain prium standard as of the date. If less priority is given to the date, such goods can last well six months more. Understand this people.
I knew about this anyway
Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by Briller: 11:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
Hmmm, some people sha sabi toy with their lives. Expiry dates means a lot to me cause if you are into importation, you will understand most products in some countries (like India) with less than 3months to expire are prohibited from being exported from their countries. So when it is remaining 3months to expire, it gets to us and then the expiry date somehow changes to a farther one. So imagine when it's already expired, meaning it's well-past the expiry date shown. Abeg, I no follow for this kain experiment.

3 Likes

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by samcus(m): 11:39pm On Jul 12, 2019
you re a lenged man
Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by themonk(m): 11:40pm On Jul 12, 2019
kunleweb:
You are mixing up “Expiry date” with “Best Before date”

1 Like

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by nextstep(m): 11:42pm On Jul 12, 2019
Aghaclem67:
For Naija here some of the canned foods don expire more than six months before they land for here. They just clean out the date and put another date. No be new thing here. We don dey consume expired foods knowingly and unknowingly for long and nothing dey happen. tongue tongue grin grin

I think you might have found one reason why Nigerians die of unexpected kidney failure or some other thing not easily explained by disease...
Expired food/toxins don't kill right away... it takes a steady dose over a long period of time.

Granted many foods are still edible, way past the "best by" or "expiration" date, but food does deteriorate and mutate over time. Why buy expired food, or let food expire in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by yom2(m): 11:57pm On Jul 12, 2019
oyibo. everything na sports. even eating mosquitoes will soon become a competitive sports. I like the spirit ; life is fun all true
Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by Vindarlo: 12:06am On Jul 13, 2019
Some things don't kill immediately, they kill you later.

2 Likes

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by tfelicityk(m): 12:10am On Jul 13, 2019
This is another modernized scavenger... Nigerians will mutilating their expired products with this crazy idea now...

There are some people that always wait for stores to bring down their prices whenever the products In stores remains three weeks to expiration..

1 Like

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by stanliwiser: 12:19am On Jul 13, 2019
maxiuc:
I for Don die teh teh

During stock taking they will now be selecting out expired things Naso this guy go won throw away I said to bring ya all into my store room I go stock my house with plenty chop chop 2months I never buy food for house

But Awof sef dey run belle o

1 Like

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 13, 2019
Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by Adeolamosesko(m): 12:44am On Jul 13, 2019
Him Get Mind Oo

1 Like

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by lonelydora: 1:15am On Jul 13, 2019
maxiuc:
I for Don die teh teh

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by KenModi(m): 1:17am On Jul 13, 2019
Cioccolata:
Reactions on a molecular level.
When the idiot ends up with cancer...
He'll there crying “God why me? ”

But people still get cancer despite eating unexpired “healthy” food??!
Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by engrkaz(m): 1:37am On Jul 13, 2019
brother man mess nor go be here o

1 Like

Re: Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much by Isoduwa(m): 1:49am On Jul 13, 2019
donbachi:
Make him come eat some of our expired made in nigeria products...if him intestine no go run leave am...na so i buy blood capsule wey still get 3yrs to expire,wen i open am with toothpick na groundnut oil dem pour inside.

You Nor used am fry eggs?
For you not to lose your money �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

14 Body Parts You Often Damage But Ignore By First Doctor (Photo) / Lady Spotted Vomitting Blood In Ikorodu (Photo) / Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.