Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,947 members, 7,810,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient (62257 Views)

UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register / Coronavirus: Body Of Nigerian Nurse In US Removed From Her Home (Video) / El-Rufai: Almajiris Deported From Kano Brought 21 COVID-19 Cases To Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Antoeni(m): 5:13pm On Nov 30, 2023
A Nigerian nurse employed in the UK has found herself at the center of controversy, leading to her dismissal and subsequent deportation.

The incident unfolded when the nurse, whose identity remains undisclosed, allegedly offered unsolicited prayers for an elderly patient under her care.

The story was brought to light through a social media post by Dr. Olufunmilayo, who shared the unfortunate incident.

"She has been deported from UK" - Nigerian nurse sacked abroad for praying for patient.

According to the narrative, the Nigerian health worker had been working in the UK under an agency, specializing in providing care for elderly individuals.

However, her actions took an unexpected turn when she reportedly prayed for a patient who was facing a terminal condition.

I just read the sad story of a Nigerian who came to the UK and was employed by an agency to work as a carer for elderly people. She was assigned to care for an elderly patient who was dying, and she was reported for “praying for the client to get better”. Yeah. She got sacked and deported.”

The consequences for this seemingly compassionate act were severe, as the nurse not only lost her job but was also deported back to Nigeria.

Dr. Olufunmilayo shed light on the situation, emphasizing that in the UK, health workers are bound by ethical standards that discourage the imposition of religious views on patients.

Explaining the rationale behind the dismissal and subsequent deportation, Dr. Olufunmilayo wrote;

“For those expressing shock at the sack and deportation, let me explain further. As a health worker/carer in the UK, it is unethical to involve religion or impose your religious views on patients/clients. It’s seen as an abuse of trust and misuse of your position. You are expected to simply do your job and focus on your job."

Credit: Dr. Olufunmilayo

118 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by PointB: 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2023
Who sent her? In whose name was she praying? To whom? Is that her job?

They want to corrupt another country with religion as they have done Nigeria.

421 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Antoeni(m): 5:16pm On Nov 30, 2023
As Christian, We Should knows Our Limits ,There are DO's & DON'Ts In Every Organization, Abide or Quit.
It Serves Her Right

194 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by PointB: 5:18pm On Nov 30, 2023
Antoeni:
As Christian, We Should knows Our Limits , There are do's and don'ts in every Organization, Abide or Quit.
It Serves Her Right

And muslims, and tradionalists. Keep your gods to yourselves.

These gods have brought more problems to Nigeria than solutions - all of them.

261 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Beremx(f): 5:19pm On Nov 30, 2023
In a situation that patient tells the nurse to pray for him/her nko? Will she still be sacked?

Well, Nigerians and our religious obsession, una don see am nau

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 30, 2023
Nigeria cry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by PointB: 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2023
Beremx:
In a situation that patient told the nurse to pray for him/her nko? Will she still be sacked?

Well, Nigerians and our religious obsession, una don see am nau

The patients should pray for themselves. You don't need a mouth to pray; you need a mind ; thoughts.

89 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by DaddyJapan(m): 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2023
No do, no do, nah lie.

Well, I suppose she can blame her unsolicited prayers - an overreach - on the spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by PointB: 5:22pm On Nov 30, 2023
DaddyJapan:
No do, no do, nah lie.
By the way, the woman wen dem sake nah carer.

No mind them. They go about the world poluting the whole place with the god of Israel or god of Abraham. Them no dey hear word.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by DaddyJapan(m): 5:24pm On Nov 30, 2023
PointB:
Who sent her? In whose name was she praying? To whom? Is that her job?

They want to corrupt another country with religion as they have done Nigeria.

I know at least half a dozen cases that have also resulted in dismissal.

These crusaders never learn cool

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by PointB: 5:27pm On Nov 30, 2023
DaddyJapan:

I know at least half a dozen cases that have also resulted in dismissal.

These crusaders never learn cool

There is no difference between the crusaders and jihadists. They serve the same master. Make I hear word jor.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by DaddyJapan(m): 5:31pm On Nov 30, 2023
PointB:

There is no difference between the crusaders and jihadists. They serve the same master. Make I hear word jor.

Oh, I don't disagree at all.

Meanwhile, some crusaders are more equal than others tongue

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Zooposki(f): 5:31pm On Nov 30, 2023
They know religion is a scam. Fvvlish Nigerians and their hypocritical religion. Na all them religious folks dey commit pass, with their low IQ.

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Tituxy(m): 5:31pm On Nov 30, 2023
Get understanding..
Wisdom is the principal thing!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Beremx(f): 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2023
PointB:

No mind them. They go about the world poluting the whole place with the god of Israel or god of Abraham. Them no dey hear word.
are you an atheist? shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by FuckingMachine: 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2023
So this same religion that Britain used to control daft Black monkeys is used to deport the same Black monkeys for using it on Brits.

Make this make sense.

135 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Babaken(m): 5:43pm On Nov 30, 2023
The same people that introduce Christianity to us.

54 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by PointB: 5:45pm On Nov 30, 2023
Beremx:
are you an atheist? shocked shocked

No. I believe in God. Just not in religious book gods.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by marlow1962(m): 5:47pm On Nov 30, 2023
If Jesus was to come again, I bet he will be very very disappointed in the black skin for what they have done and will keep doing with his name.
On Sunday you won't have peace of mind, every fake hypocrisy of a human is seen shouting at the top of his voice, all in the name of milking members, the ones that doesn't shout just have to do black science and churches will be filled up. Religion is a scam.

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:47pm On Nov 30, 2023
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by PointB: 5:47pm On Nov 30, 2023
Zooposki:
They know religion is a scam. Fvvlish Nigerians and their hypocritical religion. Na all them religious folks dey commit pass, with their low IQ.

That picture speaks louder than a thousand words.

Religion is captivating; spirituality is liberating.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Beremx(f): 5:48pm On Nov 30, 2023
PointB:

No. I believe in God. Just not in religious book gods.
oh okay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Goldenchyke(m): 5:48pm On Nov 30, 2023
A Muslim friend was very sick and I went to visit him. His situation was bad that he was rejected in hospital.

As a Christian who believe in the efficacy of prayer,I felt I should pray for him, but first of all I sought the permission of
the members of his family, and they gave me the go ahead, and I prayed .

When he recovered after some weeks, he came, thanking me for praying for him.

LESSON
Always seek people's consent before offering your prayers or even help . Unsolicited assistance can backfire.

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by kettykin: 5:49pm On Nov 30, 2023
Does this mean evangelism is now outlawed in Britain? Soul winning, preaching one on one , street, sharing of banners , posters ,scripts, church invitations etc.

For a Nigerian to leave his /her country to go and share the gospel to someone in united Kingdom is somehow. Nigeria is a country with Muslim/ Muslim ticket, where Christians are continually murdered on very flimsy excuses, the first Lady is a pastor married to a Muslim. The first 10 top seats are occupied by Muslim except senate presidency.

Could it be if it was an American, Canadian, israeli , British or any other country where God values are that prayed for the Lady, the result would have been different.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:50pm On Nov 30, 2023
They know very well that god does not exist

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Tmb78(m): 5:51pm On Nov 30, 2023
As a Christian, I think some Christians can take things to the extreme at times sha!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Rossikk(m): 5:52pm On Nov 30, 2023
PointB:

And muslims, and tradionalists. Keep your gods to yourselves.

These gods have brought more problems to Nigeria than solutions - all of them.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

I don’t understand why our people are still practicing these imported religions like Christianity and Islam today.

Pure foolishness.

Go and research and update the religion of your ancestors just like the Chinese and Indians did.

Your ancestors also believed in the Almighty.

Your ancestors INVENTED religion.

How has the parent become the child?

Why must you copy other peoples’ belief system?

Why can’t you package yours like they did theirs?

Following other peoples’ religion is telling the world that you have no heritage worthy of elevation.

Very sad.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:55pm On Nov 30, 2023
Sure say no be mfm sister so..?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Houseofglam7(f): 5:59pm On Nov 30, 2023
🤭
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by gbaskiboy: 5:59pm On Nov 30, 2023
Nigerians with their religious hypocrisy. I remember when I took my wife to the hospital for medical care. imagine the doctor telling my wife that she was sick because she does not pray well. I do not mind her I just pleaded with to treat my wife with outmost care.

19 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:03pm On Nov 30, 2023
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Guyman01: 6:03pm On Nov 30, 2023
They keep humiliating Nigerians despite her minor misbehaviour, can they deport an Israeli or Saudi citizen for the same thing?
Despite bombing America the Bin Laden family was never deported from America or UK

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Mycoplasma Genitalium: What To Know About The New Sexually Transmitted Disease / How Late Paul Arisa's Uncle Maltreated Him Even In Death (Photos) / "Dead" Woman Bangs On Coffin During Her Funeral To Say She's Alive

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.