Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China (4900 Views)

Tecno, Infinix And Itel Are Not Used In China Where They Are Produced / Twitter User Mocks Tecno And Itel Phones, Gets Savage Reply / World’s First Foldable Phone Has Been Launched. Checkout Specs, PICS And Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by jowhyte(m): 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2019
somehow:
Where is their main factory and HQ located?

China yet not even one has been sold there.
Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by jowhyte(m): 5:30pm On Jul 12, 2019
laycon77:
Their phone prices should be reduced for the quality standard they produce...Other good brands are cheaper

Far far cheaper in the long run for anyone who care to listen
Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by jowhyte(m): 5:38pm On Jul 12, 2019
asuustrike1:
Tecno is affordable.
Tecno has different brands for all class of citizens
Tecno has good marketing strategy.
Tecno uses low cost, and focused low cost strategy
Tecno is top the Nigerian if not African market.
Enough of this demarketing strategies by other brands to sell their products stick your brand

Does chinko phones are shit bro. They aren’t even really cheap when compare to other good brand. Other top reputable brands like Samsung, Xiaomi etc. have mid range affordable phones that is very price competitive to these shitty phones trust me.

Is not better to buy an affordable Samsun A10 phone for instance than buying these BS phones?
Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by jowhyte(m): 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2019
tolexy007:

I agree with u 101%. my zero2, just pack off, despite my carefulness with d fone, I took it to carlcare, they refuse to repair it for me, telling me the fone has being phased out....

Same thing goes for Infinix A1 a relative of mine used for barely short time and the screen pack up. That screen has been replaced more than twice. Not to talk of the flex kpalava.

Can’t recall how many times iphone has fallen off my hand with the fear that the phone must have seriously been damaged yet noting go happen. Even the tempered screen guard will even shattered
Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by crackhouse(m): 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2019
Cheap phone for 3rd world countries.
Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by seanwilliam(m): 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2019
yusfatedeeprof:

Lol grin are you trying to equate #100 in Nigeria to $100 in US.... am dead grin
A phone of $1000 even in America is very expensive
no be every comment u go dey reply. the guy's comment reeks of senselessness and unexposure. some of them type nonsense with confidence.

1 Like

Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by seanwilliam(m): 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2019
jowhyte:

China yet not even one has been sold there.
u are wrong, it's hongkong
Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by seanwilliam(m): 6:46pm On Jul 12, 2019
any phone apart from iphone, samsung, google pixel and nokia(in that order) is a no no.
Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by Freelancerx: 2:44pm On Jul 13, 2019
tecno pouvoir series, tecno spark, pop series and co
ZesusHVWritter:

Name a Tecno phone that is affordable.
Please I said "Affordable" not cheap.
if you can't spot the difference, use a dictionary. Then come and reply. Otherwise carry your misleading sentimental comments go gsmarena.
Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by Freelancerx: 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2019
you have to phone that this stuff is by budget and by what you can afford, so dont pull tecno phone down and looking at their new stuff you can boldly say tecno is not joking
jowhyte:
“Chinese-owned smartphone company, Transsion Holdings (owners of Tecno, itel and Infinix) have the best selling phones in Africa, but they have never sold a single phone in China.”

I just keep wondering why this is so, yet they have over 47% sales coming from Africa alone.

https://technode.com/2019/04/22/transsions-lead-in-african-phone-market-under-threat-from-fellow-chinese-rivals/
Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by scarycuteface(m): 3:32pm On Jul 13, 2019
jowhyte:
“Chinese-owned smartphone company, Transsion Holdings (owners of Tecno, itel and Infinix) have the best selling phones in Africa, but they have never sold a single phone in China.”

I just keep wondering why this is so, yet they have over 47% sales coming from Africa alone.

https://technode.com/2019/04/22/transsions-lead-in-african-phone-market-under-threat-from-fellow-chinese-rivals/
just take tecno phone out of this, have you seen their new phones and the spec, and you seat down and look at how they are lighting up peoples dream yet they are tresh, hope you know that they will be in Ukraine very soon.
Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by HeyCorleone(m): 5:59pm On Jul 13, 2019
scarycuteface:
just take tecno phone out of this, have you seen their new phones and the spec, and you seat down and look at how they are lighting up peoples dream yet they are tresh, hope you know that they will be in Ukraine very soon.

Rubbish.

You mean their Helio p35 device that sells for 75k? Why do you think people are as gullible as you? Why would anyone want to purchase such nonsense when Xiaomi, Samsung, Nokia and Huawei offer better, cheaper, and more known substitutes for a cheaper rate?

Tecno has overstayed their welcome. But if they want to survive, none of their phones should pass the N40,000 mark.

3 Likes

Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by malanado: 11:09am On Jul 14, 2019
seanwilliam:
no be every comment u go dey reply. the guy's comment reeks of senselessness and unexposure. some of them type nonsense with confidence.
who is senseless btw me and you . 7.25 dollars par hour is the minimum wage in USA , and is mostly highschool student that work for minimum wage or convict who can not get regular job because of there record . it is not rocket science do the math or shut up �
Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by seanwilliam(m): 11:28am On Jul 14, 2019
malanado:
who is senseless btw me and you . 7.25 dollars par hour is the minimum wage in USA , and is mostly highschool student that work for minimum wage or convict who can not get regular job because of there record . it is not rocket science do the math or shut up �
u are still naive bobo, ur type only rush to read things online but dont fullyunderstand. for every penny u earn in the usa, u will pay bills, tax and sort personal expenses. the diff btw usa and naija is enabling environment and working system. stop basking in euphoria of "they pluck money on the tree in overs". if na so he easy in usa too, more than 50% will be billionaire there
Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by ZesusHVWritter(m): 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
Freelancerx:
tecno pouvoir series, tecno spark, pop series and co
I said a tecno device. Or is the statement too conspicuous to grasp?

The sad and unfortunate part about tecno and her transission siblings is that, their marketers are the most ignorant of their products.
Ask a xiaomi fan which is the most affordable, not just affordable device in xiaomi lineup. And he/she would give you a clear cut device.
Name a tecno device that is affordable you dey mention series for me.
Transission is a collection of amateur and sadistic entities, deeply rooted in fallacy and sentimental alignment, always complicating simple statements and exposing alter confusion.

3 Likes

Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by DarkJeddi(m): 12:42pm On Jul 14, 2019
asuustrike1:

Tecno is affordable.
Tecno has different brands for all class of citizens
Tecno has good marketing strategy.
Tecno uses low cost, and focused low cost strategy
Tecno is top the Nigerian if not African market.
Enough of this demarketing strategies by other brands to sell their products stick your brand
Tecno is NOT affordable,

Selling a Helio P22, HD Resolution Camon 11 Pro for over 90k when it came out while a Snapdragon 660 Redmi Note 7 sold for less than 80K.

Or

Selling a Phantom 9 for 75k with Helio a P35..

How is that affordable?

Good marketing strategy my foot..

For EVERY price point you come up with,

Xiaomi has a better option..

The ONLY Marketing strategy they have is how to milk the uninformed Customers..

If not for the various brands that have moved into the Nigerian Market,am sure the Phantom 9 would have gone for over 100k..

But they've now realized they can no longer get away with the rubbish they have been serving Nigerians any longer..

3 Likes

Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by DarkJeddi(m): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2019
scarycuteface:
Which phones and the spec! angry

You meant the trash Phantom 9? shocked

So because they are lighting up people's LIVES,according to you,

We should swallow every and all rubbish they dish out?

Even Samsung went back to the drawing board and came up with the new Galaxy A Series,after missing their WAYS and it has been selling like hot cakes..

In life NOTHING is constant and those who fail to adapt gets kicked by the wayside,

For years Nigerian Smartphone Market have not been attractive to other low budget OEMS,but the narrative is changing..

Tecno either adapt and improve or they would be left chasing shadows and they wouldn't be the FIRST company to get knocked off their perch,in case you think that's IMPOSSIBLE..

1 Like

Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by bravesoul247(m): 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2019
Karex81:

Haq haq haq, this wan weak me
It's true na. People should be mindful of what they buy. Buy a trusted brand.
Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by drjprince: 2:11pm On Jul 14, 2019
bravesoul247:
It's true na. People should be mindful of what they buy. Buy a trusted brand.
like tecno/infinix abi grin cheesy,you are funny
Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2019
DarkJeddi:
Tecno is NOT affordable,

Selling a Helio P22, HD Resolution Camon 11 Pro for over 90k when it came out while a Snapdragon 660 Redmi Note 7 sold for less than 80K.

Or

Selling a Phantom 9 for 75k with Helio a P35..

How is that affordable?

Good marketing strategy my foot..

For EVERY price point you come up with,

Xiaomi has a better option..

The ONLY Marketing strategy they have is how to milk the uninformed Customers..

If not for the various brands that have moved into the Nigerian Market,am sure the Phantom 9 would have gone for over 100k..

But they've now realized they can no longer get away with the rubbish they have been serving Nigerians any longer..
Affordable means the poor can afford it whereas the aforementioned phones can not be afforded by many Nigerians hope you understand. Even the listed phones you posted are finding difficult to penetrate the market as I type.
Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by bravesoul247(m): 5:51pm On Jul 14, 2019
drjprince:
like tecno/infinix abi grin cheesy,you are funny
ironically you mean lol
Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by DarkJeddi(m): 7:03pm On Jul 14, 2019
asuustrike1:

Affordable means the poor can afford it whereas the aforementioned phones can not be afforded by many Nigerians hope you understand. Even the listed phones you posted are finding difficult to penetrate the market as I type.

So,if you package rubbish at a cheap price and sell to me that means it's affordable? angry

Xiaomi has phones for each price range,

The Redmi Go sells for 18K..

And for every price range compared to the equivalent Tecno,it offers better specs..

THE CAMON 11 PRO AT 76K,

IN WHICH UNIVERSE IS IT COMPARABLE TO THE REDMI NOTE 7,SPEC FOR SPEC AT THE SAME PRICE? shocked

The journey of a THOUSAND MILES starts with a step..

Xiaomi just entered Nigeria in May,

So it's still too early to start jumping to conclusions..

TECNO will not be the first Brand to be knocked off their PERCH,you can ask Nokia.. grin

Already Tecno is reacting to the presence of these brands or why else would they lower the price of their Phantom 9 to 75K instead of the usual 100K+ price? undecided
Re: No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China by wabbyland(m): 8:05pm On Jul 14, 2019
malanado:
Africans are poor 100$ is 36,072 naira . and am sure everyone eat more than 100naira a day in school so if a American kid save is lunch money for 2 weeks he will by iPhone xs. I Nigeria you can only by a touch light phone so taking Tecno to develop country is just like talking locking your well in raining season
no be force

(1) (2) (Reply)

The "Killer GSM Phone Number" Rumor (July 2004, Nigeria) / Good News Glo Internet Browsing. 5th Anniversary Reward / Apple Id Activation - Must Read For Ipad / Iphone Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.