Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

10 Advantages Of Long Distance Relationship - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Advantages Of Long Distance Relationship (2946 Views)

Valentine: What To Buy For A Partner In A Long Distance? / This Hot Lady Is Seriously In Search Of A Man For Long-distance Relationship / 'Long Distance' Pre-Wedding Photo. See The Height Difference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Advantages Of Long Distance Relationship by CanadaOrBust: 12:25am On Jul 13, 2019
frankkydee:

Most people will think they would be able to handle it but not until you've tried it and it has failed(not leading to any where) talking from life experiences cry

But many don’t fail, while many local relationships also fail - or end in murder!
Re: 10 Advantages Of Long Distance Relationship by skywalker240(m): 5:33am On Jul 13, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Well, it’s not me that came up with the sayings:
“Absence makes the heart grow fonder” “scarcity makes price go up” “familiarity breeds contempt”
And the ones below
You might be right, but then again the nearest the dicking, the faster the emotion, grin
Re: 10 Advantages Of Long Distance Relationship by Damitism: 11:17am On Jul 13, 2019
Re: 10 Advantages Of Long Distance Relationship by frankkydee(m): 11:23am On Jul 13, 2019
Damitism:
I've been in two long distance relationships. None seems to work. I'm not trying it again.

Gbam! embarassed
Re: 10 Advantages Of Long Distance Relationship by Fountainofyouth(f): 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2019
I actually love LDR, imagine the excitement when you both finally see, and the hunger for each other kiss

1 Like

Re: 10 Advantages Of Long Distance Relationship by Biglittlelois(f): 1:13pm On Jul 13, 2019
CanadaOrBust:
True. The ultimate long distance relationship is when the couple is in love but NEVER meet. Always very intense and lasts to beyond the grave

True, but there will always be fights, maybe cos there is nothing else to keep it going,,but the fights can be exhausting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Advantages Of Long Distance Relationship by Biglittlelois(f): 1:14pm On Jul 13, 2019
QueenSekxy:
-True!! Gives you space to work and develop yourself.
- You spend time discussing of future events and opportunities.
-Not always baby i want to see you nonsense.
-Little or no sex atall.
-More value when you finally see the person.

There are many advantages of LDR.

This is absolutely true.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Advantages Of Long Distance Relationship by frankkydee(m): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2019
Biglittlelois:

True, but there will always be fights, maybe cos there is nothing else to keep it going,,but the fights can be exhausting.

That's one of the major reason, plus if one have trust issue too
Re: 10 Advantages Of Long Distance Relationship by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 13, 2019
frankkydee:

Gbam! embarassed

hello my good lady...been a while...ldr is beautiful. never really been in one but recently I got a feel of it and it was awesome but I was scared of disappointing her so we had to part ways...how has your experience been?

not sure I want to go into it again. I get really engrossed in it. never knew I could feel so deep for someone I've never met. like if we had fights I could spend a long time trying to explain and all...it was really tasking. in my opinion close relationships are easier to handle.
as for the excitement of seeing it's at the peak only the first time. as time goes on or visits become more frequent I doubt it will be so intense
Re: 10 Advantages Of Long Distance Relationship by CanadaOrBust: 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2019
Biglittlelois:

I think this topic is malformed. The term “long-distance relationship” is too broad. Example, there was that story of a couple who met in their 20’s and never saw each other again till 70’s. They stayed in love all that time - there were no fights. So, what type of long-distance relationship? Did the couple just meet, are they in love, are they married, are there children, have they ever met in person, etc.
As for what u said, it is easier to end any fight - simply switch off your phone.
Re: 10 Advantages Of Long Distance Relationship by Biglittlelois(f): 5:52pm On Jul 13, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

I think this topic is malformed. The term “long-distance relationship” is too broad. Example, there was that story of a couple who met in their 20’s and never saw each other again till 70’s. They stayed in love all that time - there were no fights. So, what type of long-distance relationship? Did the couple just meet, are they in love, are they married, are there children, have they ever met in person, etc.
As for what u said, it is easier to end any fight - simply switch off your phone.

Hahaha switching off the phone wouldn't end anything, you'll have to switch back on and talk it out eventually...

Recently I did a LDR that was very intense, we never saw, had issues cos I wasn't ready to see him, there were fights but it was never about trust cos there was trust, it was more like because of commitment issues so we decided to end it after seeing all odds were not in our favour, but I enjoyed every bit of it though, so you're right, LDR is very broad cos there are different types, there are some that will work out even though they never see each other, there are some that when they eventually see it just doesn't work out e.t.c so yeah it is broad.

1 Like

Re: 10 Advantages Of Long Distance Relationship by CanadaOrBust: 11:18pm On Jul 13, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Hahaha switching off the phone wouldn't end anything, you'll have to switch back on and talk it out eventually...

Recently I did a LDR that was very intense, we never saw, had issues cos I wasn't ready to see him, there were fights but it was never about trust cos there was trust, it was more like because of commitment issues so we decided to end it after seeing all odds were not in our favour, but I enjoyed every bit of it though, so you're right, LDR is very broad cos there are different types, there are some that will work out even though they never see each other, there are some that when they eventually see it just doesn't work out e.t.c so yeah it is broad.

U may laugh but it works. By the time the phone is switched back on, tempers have cooled, apologies all around. While if they were together quarreling in the middle of the night, there is no escape until someone says or does something unpardonable.

The truth is, it depends on the type of person u r.
Some people are loners by nature - LDR is ideal for such people. Then there are some who must be with someone all the time - LDR is a nightmare for such people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Will Be Paid Only On One Condition / This Handsome White Boy Called Me a Dumb bit.ch / A Nigerian Yahoo boy Barked Like A Dog And Gave Up The Ghost (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.