Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? (1026 Views)

My Male Cousin Is Always Taking Photos Around White People In Canada / Help Me, My Female Cousin What Me To Sex Her What Should I Do??? / My Female Cousin Stays In The Bathroom For Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by buchitellem(m): 6:13am On Jul 12, 2019
Good day fellow Nairalanders, BuchiTellem is my nickname, I have this issue bothering me for quite a long time now and I need candid opinions to it.

From my maternal side, I have dis male cousin who has been in a whirlwind relationship with a cousin from my father's side. They grew up in the same house; d whole stuff was left unchecked and now rumors has it that they concluded within themselves to tie d knot though they haven't made it official.

I'm in a kind of dilemma here cos d more I look at it, d more I see how wrong it is ( that's my own perspective) so I wanted fellow compatriots who's had similar experiences to share theirs so I wouldn't make d mistake of putting sand-sand in another persons garri.

Thank you
Re: Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by babyfaceafrica: 6:20am On Jul 12, 2019
wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 12, 2019
Their problem.

1 Like

Re: Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by madridguy(m): 6:25am On Jul 12, 2019
It is possible and also impossible depends on your tribe.

1 Like

Re: Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by buchitellem(m): 6:26am On Jul 12, 2019
@babyfaceafrica thanks for ur interest in this, but den can u show more light as to why d whole setup is wrong? I mean ur reasons
Re: Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by buchitellem(m): 6:30am On Jul 12, 2019
madridguy:
It is possible and also impossible depends on your tribe.
@madridguy, u're sighted. I'm IBO by tribe. One thing phoney about d whole drama is dt d guy in question is kinda rich so I don't no if maybe dtz y no one is saying nothing abt it.
Re: Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by babyfaceafrica: 6:33am On Jul 12, 2019
buchitellem:
@babyfaceafrica thanks for ur interest in this, but den can u show more light as to why d whole setup is wrong? I mean ur reasons
sad
buchitellem:
marriage within Family is a taboo in most tribes
Re: Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by nrexzy: 6:42am On Jul 12, 2019
It's allowed not 1st or 2nd cousins...
Re: Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by madridguy(m): 6:48am On Jul 12, 2019
I doubt if possible in Ibo land. But wetin i know since you said no one is talking.

buchitellem:

@madridguy, u're sighted. I'm IBO by tribe. One thing phoney about d whole drama is dt d guy in question is kinda rich so I don't no if maybe dtz y no one is saying nothing abt it.
Re: Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by dmltoyin(m): 7:02am On Jul 12, 2019
Kinda wrong
Re: Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by Pearl05(f): 7:06am On Jul 12, 2019
Can 2 brothers/cousins marry from same family from your side of Igbo land? If the answer is yes then they might get married as well.

But hey! why disturbing your head just wait and see every hidden thing shall come to light.
Re: Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by Cashmanbreeze: 7:15am On Jul 12, 2019
They are not related by blood.

You are their link, but that doesn't make them blood relations

4 Likes

Re: Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 12, 2019
In the northern part of Nigeria, the hausa and fulani people do a lot.
Re: Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by abuuzy(m): 7:35am On Jul 12, 2019
Incest ko,incest ni, its practically normal,the civilized world of today have lebelled all things,these are norms practiced by all tribe centuries ago,his actually a distance cousin,most biblical greats married their cousins.you are the blood link his not
Re: Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by enshi(m): 7:35am On Jul 12, 2019
Until you are bold enough to tell us that you are the one in love with your cousin we may not really get the true picture therefore may not give the necessary advice..

Away from that, if you are from this part of the world I advise you drop that unholy insestism and look for love else where ...

Again I am also sure that the both of you have gone into each other this means you are supposed to be concerned about how to get cleansed of the impending curses that are abound ..
Re: Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by 6Milk(m): 8:15am On Jul 12, 2019
buchitellem:
Good day fellow Nairalanders, BuchiTellem is my nickname, I have this issue bothering me for quite a long time now and I need candid opinions to it.
Have you heard about down syndrome
Re: Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by Certitude(m): 8:41am On Jul 12, 2019
Cashmanbreeze:
They are not related by blood.

You are their link, but that doesn't make them blood relations
It seems you are the only one who read beyond the title guaging from other comment. You are right. Fact is the said cousins are not related and in anyway. They just got to know each other cause OP is related to both.
Re: Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by AgentGoat: 9:21am On Jul 12, 2019
They are not related so they can marry.

1 Like

Re: Can A Male Cousin Of Mine Get Married To My Female Cousin? by autoengr(m): 9:28am On Jul 12, 2019
They are not in any way related. You just happen to have a link to both of them.
So, yes, they can get married.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Should I Give Love A Chance With Him / Is It True That Some Guys Do This To Girls(pics). / Ladies Will U Rather Marry A Boy With Money Or A Man With Little Cash??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.