Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (616018 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Glowing1: 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
davisoncrusoe:
Hello Guys,

I know some of us are waiting for ADs, some have gone further to pay semester fees and block accounts. Abeg let us all come together and pray seriously that God will cause the consulate/embassy to release ADs that will fall between now and the 31st of August, 2019. I strongly believe that ADs will still be released.
I suggest we pray every minute of the day now not just for ourselves but for everyone expecting dates. Don't lose hope. This issue na small challenge for God.

If u need prayer partner I'm interested. Date will flow soonest by the grace of God

5 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by freakky(m): 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2019
engrola00001:
AM alert
FAU: Computational Engineering
Interview date: 24th June

God be praise, he is worthy
Congrats, you also got an AM last year y didn't u leave last year...

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
engrola00001:

Used BA, but I haven't sent my BA confirmation

Really? And you got AM, I tap From ur Grace
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chriswazo(m): 8:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
dailydolar:
fintiba but I love coracle it's straight forward and easy to open even x- patrio

u say x-patrio? i grin grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chriswazo(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
engrola00001:
AM alert

My brother am happy for u.

@Sassy92,
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
Deustchemann:
DEUSTCHEMANN GOES TO WALTER CARRINGTON (PART III)
So, The big day finally arrived.
The two previous visits to the consulate were for Certification purposes.
I landed in Lagos on Monday evening, stayed with my elder brother.
Fast forward to this morning, I woke up by 2:45, took my bathe and dressed up.
By 5:00am, we set out from ogba. I got to the consulate by 6:05, met 8 people in front of me. I joined the queue and waited for the instructions as usual. At 6:21 Paulinus arrived, and arranged seats as usual.
Then a security officer called those for short stay, and stamped their appointment mail. Then he stamped for students and other long stays too.
By 7, Short stay applicants were ushered to Paulinus and he checked them in.
By 7:15, student visa applicants were called in and we filed up. Appointment mail and international passport checked. I happened to be number 5 on the student queue.
Paulinus admonished us as usual: "What I need is your attention."
He called the first 3 folks and began to give them instructions. The first guy appeared slow, and he got bounced to the last spot on the queue. The second lady too, seems she had issues with motivation letter, Paulinus asked her to move to the back, probably to make photocopies. So just 1 guy in that set was passed in.
When it got to my turn, myself and the guy that followed me, we were following Paulinus bumper to bumper. Local man was very pleased with us. In his words "I'm enjoying these people"..Lol.. he had to pend the first guy in our set because he wasn't as fast as we were.

Documents arranged, and well clipped by Paulinus, I was ushered in for security check by 8:15. Security checks conducted, I moved into the visa section, and probably became the first to be interviewed for Student visa because I still found the guy in the first set seated at the security post.

I entered cubicle 4 by 8:30. VO was a young man on lowcut.

VO: *with a smile* Hello!
Me: Hi. Good morning
VO: Bachelors, Masters or PhD?
Me: Masters
VO: What category did you book?
Me: Category A
VO: Which of the qualifications do you have?
Me: I have a Bachelor degree, with a second class upper grade.
VO: Okay. What course was that?
Me: Biochemistry.
VO: What course are you now going for?
Me: Environmental Toxicology
VO: Is there a relationship between the two?
Me: Yes.
*Hands over my documents to him
VO: What school are you going to?
Me: University of Duisburg-essen
*Checks my SL*
VO: Who is Mr. Justwise? grin grin, And how's he related to you?
Me: He's my sponsor. He's my Dad's friend.
VO: Does your dad live in Germany?
Me: No, he doesn't.
VO: *shows me something on my SL*, do you know what this means?
Me: Yes, Study, 3 months
VO: You'll get a mail in a few days. Your sponsor stated that he can only cover you for 3 months after entry. What will happen to the remaining 1yr 9 months? He might have to get another one that will state 2 years.
Me: Okay.
VO: Do you speak German?
Me: No.
VO: What's the medium of instruction for your course?
Me: English.
VO: Give me 3 Passport photographs and your visa fee
*Hands then over*
*Takes biometrics: 4 fingers of the right hand, 4 fingers of the left hand, then thumb of both hands.*
*Prints data information statement, gives me my copy*
*Prints fee receipt, gives me my copy*
*Prints 2 copies of my details and asks me to cross-check and sign if correct*

Interview proper
VO: Pick up the microphone please.
Which school are you going to study?
VO: What course?
VO: What's the language of instruction?
VO: Which campus are you headed?
Me: Essen campus
VO: Why do you want to study this course?
Me: 1. It's in line with my career goal of becoming a Toxicologist
2. I'm passionate about Environmental sustainability
VO: I want more details. You have a motivation letter, right?
*In my mind, I even wanted to be brief so we won't waste time, seems this one wants to hear story. Naso I change mode sharply*
Me: My bachelors thesis was on neurotoxicology, where I studied the toxic effects of some harmful substances on the brain. The results I got increased my interest to how the harmful substances in the environment affects the organisms that live in it: plants and animals, You and I
*smiles*.
*VO smiles back*.
So I want to gather up more knowledge so I can use them to work in establishments whose activities have effects on the environment.
VO: Okay. That's nice. So, why do you want to study in Germany?
Me: 1. Free tuition extended to international students
2. Excellent practical and theoretical training
3. Opportunity to learn a foreign language
4. Opportunity to experience cultural diversification
5. Worldwide acceptance and recognition of the German Certificate
VO: That's good. Why don't you want to study in English speaking countries?
Me: 1. Very high tuition fee
2. High cost of living
3. Holistic admission process
VO: Okay. Why not study this in Nigeria?
Me: 1. Irregular academic calendar, which will not guarantee completion of the program on time
2. Limited exposure to sufficient practical training
VO: okay. What was your bachelor thesis title?
Me: Protective effect of Hibiscus sabdariffa (had to spell sabdariffa for him) extract on altered antioxidant and neurotransmitter systems induced by acute Tramadol administration
VO: Hmm..nice. what's this tramadol? I've heard about it but I've not seen it before
Me: It's an analgesic opioid which is therapeutically used to treat fever, but is often abused due to its stimulating effect.
VO: Tell me facts about Germany. What comes to your mind when you hear Germany?
Me: Geographically, Germany is located in central western Europe, with a population of about 83 Million people. Germany has 16 states and is bordered by 9 countries. Germany holds the largest economy in the Europe and 4th largest by GDP in the world. Germany is the 3rd largest exporter of goods: majorly automobiles, heavy machinery, chemicals and food. The president of Germany is Dr. Frank Walter Steinmeier of the Social Democratic party
*Interrupts me while laughing
VO: You know him?
Me: No *smiles*
VO: Does he know you? The way you pronounced his name sounds like he's your guy
*General laughter*
Me: The chancellor's name is Dr. Angela Merkel of the Christian Democratic Union. Concerning Environmental matters, Germany is a world leader in Environmental, climate and energy policies. Germany is presently decommissioning all nuclear power plants and replacing with renewable energy by 2022. Germany charges an ecotax of 65 cents per liter of fossil fuel used.
*VO nods and interrupts*
VO: Okay, Okay. That's good. The city you're heading, what do you know about it?
Me: Duisburg and Essen are part of the Rhine-Ruhr developed areas, and used to be sites of coal mining and steel production years back.
VO: Okay. What state is your school located?
Me: North-rhine Westphalia
VO: Where is it located in Germany?
Me: South Western part of Germany
VO: No. If I'm right it should be Northwest, since you have north-rhine and Westphalia.
Me: *Remains silent*
VO: Okay. So what are your plans after completing the program?
Me: I will return to Nigeria to take up a job as an environmental Toxicologist in the oil and gas industry.
VO: Have you applied for a visa in this embassy before?
Me: No, I haven't.
VO: How about other Schengen countries?
VO: Okay. Any questions for me?
Me: None, thank you.
VO: Alright. You should get a mail from the consulate in a few days about the issue on your Proof of sponsorship. That was my only observation. Every other thing is perfect.
Me: okay. Thank you for your time
VO: Have a nice day.

Thank you all for the encouragement, support and prayers.
May our AMs come with ease.

interesting , i just emailed you. can we talk?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by walexy06(m): 8:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
engrola00001:
AM alert

Congrats baba, enjoy DE
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Jaynyra(m): 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2019
Thanking God for all the AM, for those of us waiting fr ours, may God grant us.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Ojabostine505: 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2019
Oniemo:
[Good day. I would also appreciate your response to this as I finished from Unical as well and want to know how you went about getting your transcript and EPL. Thanks iquote author=Glowing1 post=80425929]

Did u use a university or office address.. Or did u get it in person. Pls pm me if can, cos i already pm u
apply via online then go to the transcript office for processing. As per the EPL go registra office. Drop ur contact so we can talk. I'm an ex malabite I did mine as well.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Barth88: 8:52pm On Jul 19, 2019
eastafro:

interesting , i just emailed you. can we talk?
stop this kind of silly and unnecessary quote

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 8:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
Finitiba is already effecting the new BA increment o. Those yet to fund should take note

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Fabcol(m): 8:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
Congrats!!
engrola00001:
AM alert

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by jejet1: 9:01pm On Jul 19, 2019
Deustchemann:
DEUSTCHEMANN GOES TO WALTER CARRINGTON (PART III)
So, The big day finally arrived.
The two previous visits to the consulate were for Certification purposes.
I landed in Lagos on Monday evening, stayed with my elder brother.
Fast forward to this morning, I woke up by 2:45, took my bathe and dressed up.
By 5:00am, we set out from ogba. I got to the consulate by 6:05, met 8 people in front of me. I joined the queue and waited for the instructions as usual. At 6:21 Paulinus arrived, and arranged seats as usual.
Then a security officer called those for short stay, and stamped their appointment mail. Then he stamped for students and other long stays too.
By 7, Short stay applicants were ushered to Paulinus and he checked them in.
By 7:15, student visa applicants were called in and we filed up. Appointment mail and international passport checked. I happened to be number 5 on the student queue.
Paulinus admonished us as usual: "What I need is your attention."
He called the first 3 folks and began to give them instructions. The first guy appeared slow, and he got bounced to the last spot on the queue. The second lady too, seems she had issues with motivation letter, Paulinus asked her to move to the back, probably to make photocopies. So just 1 guy in that set was passed in.
When it got to my turn, myself and the guy that followed me, we were following Paulinus bumper to bumper. Local man was very pleased with us. In his words "I'm enjoying these people"..Lol.. he had to pend the first guy in our set because he wasn't as fast as we were.

Documents arranged, and well clipped by Paulinus, I was ushered in for security check by 8:15. Security checks conducted, I moved into the visa section, and probably became the first to be interviewed for Student visa because I still found the guy in the first set seated at the security post.

I entered cubicle 4 by 8:30. VO was a young man on lowcut.

VO: *with a smile* Hello!
Me: Hi. Good morning
VO: Bachelors, Masters or PhD?
Me: Masters
VO: What category did you book?
Me: Category A
VO: Which of the qualifications do you have?
Me: I have a Bachelor degree, with a second class upper grade.
VO: Okay. What course was that?
Me: Biochemistry.
VO: What course are you now going for?
VO: Is there a relationship between the two?
Me: Yes.
*Hands over my documents to him
VO: What school are you going to?
*Checks my SL*
VO: Who is Mr. Justwise? grin grin, And how's he related to you?
Me: He's my sponsor. He's my Dad's friend.
VO: Does your dad live in Germany?
Me: No, he doesn't.
VO: *shows me something on my SL*, do you know what this means?
Me: Yes, Study, 3 months
VO: You'll get a mail in a few days. Your sponsor stated that he can only cover you for 3 months after entry. What will happen to the remaining 1yr 9 months? He might have to get another one that will state 2 years.
Me: Okay.
VO: Do you speak German?
Me: No.
VO: What's the medium of instruction for your course?
VO: Give me 3 Passport photographs and your visa fee
*Hands then over*
*Takes biometrics: 4 fingers of the right hand, 4 fingers of the left hand, then thumb of both hands.*
*Prints data information statement, gives me my copy*
*Prints fee receipt, gives me my copy*
*Prints 2 copies of my details and asks me to cross-check and sign if correct*

Interview proper
VO: Pick up the microphone please.
Which school are you going to study?
VO: What course?
VO: What's the language of instruction?
VO: Which campus are you headed?
Me: Essen campus
VO: Why do you want to study this course?
Me: 1. It's in line with my career goal of becoming a Toxicologist
2. I'm passionate about Environmental sustainability
VO: I want more details. You have a motivation letter, right?
*In my mind, I even wanted to be brief so we won't waste time, seems this one wants to hear story. Naso I change mode sharply*
Me: My bachelors thesis was on neurotoxicology, where I studied the toxic effects of some harmful substances on the brain. The results I got increased my interest to how the harmful substances in the environment affects the organisms that live in it: plants and animals, You and I
*smiles*.
*VO smiles back*.
So I want to gather up more knowledge so I can use them to work in establishments whose activities have effects on the environment.
VO: Okay. That's nice. So, why do you want to study in Germany?
Me: 1. Free tuition extended to international students
2. Excellent practical and theoretical training
3. Opportunity to learn a foreign language
4. Opportunity to experience cultural diversification
5. Worldwide acceptance and recognition of the German Certificate
VO: That's good. Why don't you want to study in English speaking countries?
Me: 1. Very high tuition fee
2. High cost of living
3. Holistic admission process
VO: Okay. Why not study this in Nigeria?
Me: 1. Irregular academic calendar, which will not guarantee completion of the program on time
2. Limited exposure to sufficient practical training
VO: okay. What was your bachelor thesis title?
Me: Protective effect of Hibiscus sabdariffa (had to spell sabdariffa for him) extract on altered antioxidant and neurotransmitter systems induced by acute Tramadol administration
VO: Hmm..nice. what's this tramadol? I've heard about it but I've not seen it before
Me: It's an analgesic opioid which is therapeutically used to treat fever, but is often abused due to its stimulating effect.
VO: Tell me facts about Germany. What comes to your mind when you hear Germany?
Me: Geographically, Germany is located in central western Europe, with a population of about 83 Million people. Germany has 16 states and is bordered by 9 countries. Germany holds the largest economy in the Europe and 4th largest by GDP in the world. Germany is the 3rd largest exporter of goods: majorly automobiles, heavy machinery, chemicals and food. The president of Germany is Dr. Frank Walter Steinmeier of the Social Democratic party
*Interrupts me while laughing
VO: You know him?
Me: No *smiles*
VO: Does he know you? The way you pronounced his name sounds like he's your guy
*General laughter*
Me: The chancellor's name is Dr. Angela Merkel of the Christian Democratic Union. Concerning Environmental matters, Germany is a world leader in Environmental, climate and energy policies. Germany is presently decommissioning all nuclear power plants and replacing with renewable energy by 2022. Germany charges an ecotax of 65 cents per liter of fossil fuel used.
*VO nods and interrupts*
VO: Okay, Okay. That's good. The city you're heading, what do you know about it?
Me: Duisburg and Essen are part of the Rhine-Ruhr developed areas, and used to be sites of coal mining and steel production years back.
VO: Okay. What state is your school located?
Me: North-rhine Westphalia
VO: Where is it located in Germany?
Me: South Western part of Germany
VO: No. If I'm right it should be Northwest, since you have north-rhine and Westphalia.
Me: *Remains silent*
VO: Okay. So what are your plans after completing the program?
Me: I will return to Nigeria to take up a job as an environmental Toxicologist in the oil and gas industry.
VO: Have you applied for a visa in this embassy before?
VO: How about other Schengen countries?
VO: Okay. Any questions for me?
Me: None, thank you.
VO: Alright. You should get a mail from the consulate in a few days about the issue on your Proof of sponsorship. That was my only observation. Every other thing is perfect.
Me: okay. Thank you for your time
VO: Have a nice day.

Thank you all for the encouragement, support and prayers.
May our AMs come with ease.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Aerofly76: 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
@engrola00001
Congrats on your AM.
Please what's your bachelor's degree?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Aerofly76: 9:08pm On Jul 19, 2019
@goggles
In my opinion, u absolutely have no problem
That u have been to Germany or going to Germany on a visitors visa does not disqualify you to go school there by making a study visa application.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Oene03: 9:16pm On Jul 19, 2019
Please should motivation letter be about why you are going to Germany or why your course if study
Geedhey:

Please can you kindly share a sample of a good motivation letter you have seen, can I PM you also?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 19, 2019
Barth88:

stop this kind of silly and unnecessary quote
might be unnecessary for you but it is for me. whats your problem anyway?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Aque(m): 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
Oene03:
Please should motivation letter be about why you are going to Germany or why your course if study
-your educational background/experience
-reasons for the course
-reasons for choosing Germany
-reasons for choosing the school
-your plans after your study

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by badmus306(m): 9:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
davisoncrusoe:
If you are interested in praying with us concerning this Visa Process. Join the WhatsApp group https:///J2eIMRIaDgIGTuqS3znEcf
cheesy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
eastafro:

might be unnecessary for you but it is for me. whats your problem anyway?

Guy listen to what he said you're wasting page space and see what you replied with just like five words

If you don't know to do it ask and we will tell you

Please let's refrain from quoting very long topic
It makes it difficult most especially for newbies

If justwise no close that thread ehn
We for see mumu quoting for that Chris testimony ��.

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by legionnaire(m): 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2019
JosephAdeoba:
. For any English Language Course in DIT you wlll provide English Language certificate and they will not collect any English proficiency letter from you. God bless

I used English Letter of Proficiency for DIT. I was even invited for interview. MSc Applied Computer Science. It varies o. I was advised against it but I just tried my luck and boom, interview kiss

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by mychellin: 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
[quote author=mychellin post=80429842]My people,
The head of my family didnt put his passport photo on court affidavit for age declaration collected on my behalf. Is this valid and acceptable by embassy.
Someone with similar experience should please help me clarify.

Thanks.

Pls, is this valid for embassy without passport stamped.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Onaco: 10:11pm On Jul 19, 2019
Thanks so much dear

yusuftosin:

1. A page or 2 is okay.

2. Preferably on A4 paper

3. Place the double-page (as opened) on xerox and produce the copy.

4. NYSC certificate is not a compulsory document for Visa application. If you have it, it will be accepted. If you don't have it handy, you documents are complete without it.

#MyCent

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Ayooluwa45: 10:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
badmus306:
cheesy
d link is not going through..I tink u sud check it nd repost again.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Onaco: 10:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
Thanks so much Fabcol

Fabcol:
I can imagine the tension
No negative vibe.. Think positive
Truth is anything is possible until the letter drops
Just hope for the best

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by robinicule(m): 10:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hi guys how long does uniassist generally use to process a missing document that is been sent.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Omoawoke: 10:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
davisoncrusoe:
Hello Guys,

I know some of us are waiting for ADs, some have gone further to pay semester fees and block accounts. Abeg let us all come together and pray seriously that God will cause the consulate/embassy to release ADs that will fall between now and the 31st of August, 2019. I strongly believe that ADs will still be released.
I suggest we pray every minute of the day now not just for ourselves but for everyone expecting dates. Don't lose hope. This issue na small challenge for God.

Germany is one of the most irreligious countries in the world, they very much likely do not believe in prayers
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by IAmPhiL(m): 10:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
Who else got AL to Deggendorf Institute of technology for masters Mechatronics and Cyber-physical Systems, this summer semester

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by dailydolar(m): 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
Chriswazo:

u say x-patrio? i grin grin
or is that not the name please correct me ooo if am missing things up but I know one get name like that Sha
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by glopatra(m): 10:46pm On Jul 19, 2019
IAmPhiL:
Who else got AL to Deggendorf Institute of technology for masters Mechatronics and Cyber-physical Systems, this summer semester

Do you mean winter or summer? I applied but no response yet

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.