Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,747 members, 7,831,384 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (627456 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Victornn: 9:19am On Oct 28, 2019
Thank you brother. God bless you.

We need to learn to talk to one another politely and respectfully.

One Love✌

JosephAdeoba:
I think people should stop all this childish act on this thread, you all should remember when you are New on this thread as well, so many people were referred to this thread by one or two people So when they ask Question if you don't know the answer just keep Quiet and Let people who want to reply answer them instead of Abusing the New people on this thread. We know that you understand everything about German waka, talk to people with Respect and politely. God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by amikable97: 9:28am On Oct 28, 2019
centuryman:

Are you referring to bachelor or master program? I think we need to be clear about our explanation so that we don't end up confusing and discouraging people. I think this is subjective.

I am not in anyway trying to cause any form of confusion or discourage anybody. I think he was referring to masters degree study programs, that's why I answered that way. If you convert Nigerian scale 3.0 that is exactly 2.5 German scale that's why I said so. You also know most restricted course peg their CGPA at 2.5 (German scale).
I also indicated that if has work experience (it) can also be to his advantage, cos he will be considered for admission despite his grades (after all we have a testimony in the house). All the same we shouldn't in a bid to mince words or paint things to look cool we should also understand and be aware that there are also people who are trying to also get admission all over the world so we need to package our application in such a way that we won't be denied admission...

Cc: ENGRPETER101

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Ojabostine505: 9:54am On Oct 28, 2019
benjsniper33:

Bro, I’m arranging for summer applications, I wanna ask how many reference letters should I submit?
check the school requirements first. I was not asked to submit reference letter.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by centuryman(m): 9:57am On Oct 28, 2019
amikable97:

I am not in anyway trying to cause any form of confusion or discourage anybody. I think he was referring to masters degree study programs, that's why I answered that way. If you convert Nigerian scale 3.0 that is exactly 2.5 German scale that's why I said so. You also know most restricted course peg their CGPA at 2.5 (German scale).
I also indicated that if has work experience (it) can also be to his advantage, cos he will be considered for admission despite his grades (after all we have a testimony in the house). All the same we shouldn't in a bid to mince words or paint things to look cool we should also understand and be aware that there are also people who are trying to also get admission all over the world so we need to package our application in such a way that we won't be denied admission...

Cc: ENGRPETER101

Nice explanation bro. Well detailed. @ENGRPETER101 and others, pls take note.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by demigod9: 10:12am On Oct 28, 2019
Please anyone sending document to University of Augsburg from Abuja? So we can join together.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by frankmoney(m): 10:54am On Oct 28, 2019
Slip:
What i would just say is admission restricted courses are courses in which the university have a set quota for the admission period (either winter or summer). In this restricted courses applicants are admitted based on highest grade. For example, if the lowest German grade of all applicants is 2.4 that means those that have 2.3, 2.2, 2.1, 2.0, 1.9, to 1.4 will be considered for admission... Importantly, the university will not start the admission processing until after the application deadline. Hence this may delay you getting admitted and booking for student visa appointment date since admission takes longer time...

As for not restricted courses (open admission). These courses considered all applicants for admission! There's no set quota neither grade is strictly considered.. Nevertheless some universities may set 3.0 German grade as benchmark for unrestricted courses..

The advantage for unrestricted courses (open admission) is admission processing start almost immediately you applied (either directly on the university online application or after uniassist had sent your application) and you get admitted within short time (even before the application deadline) if found qualified.

Note that the highest grade for German gp is 1.0 while Nigerian is 5.0. You will need to consult Google on how to do the conversion.

All the story above is already explained on your intended universities website if only you can read extensively...

how do i check courses that are not restricted ?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:32am On Oct 28, 2019
frankmoney:
how do i check courses that are not restricted ?

Lol you check websites

School websites
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by tosinhtml: 11:37am On Oct 28, 2019
Please Is there any Nigerian currently in Fulda University or just getting there?

I would touch down school in Thursday & I need some guidance.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by jkzie(m): 12:23pm On Oct 28, 2019
sassy92:

DAAD is like Germany's Ministry of Education, their website provides every information about studying in Germany and schools and courses.
Uniassist is an organisation that helps German Universities process foreign applications ie applications where the certificates were not obtained in Germany. Not all German universities are under Uniassist, but for those under Uniassist you have to apply to the school via Uniassist.

Thanks!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Cestmoi1(f): 1:08pm On Oct 28, 2019
Hello! Who's traveling from Abuja to Berlin this Thursday/Friday, Turkish Airline? Holla! I need a travel buddy�

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Odedenshi1(m): 1:36pm On Oct 28, 2019
Please a quick one guys, does one also certify IELTS? I just picked up my IELTS TRF from MOD, I want to be sure so I can go ahead. Thanks for anticipated response

Odedenshi1
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by centuryman(m): 1:49pm On Oct 28, 2019
Odedenshi1:
Please a quick one guys, does one also certify IELTS? I just picked up my IELTS TRF from MOD, I want to be sure so I can go ahead. Thanks for anticipated response

Odedenshi1

No. uni-assist checks the result online if you're sending to them. Same as the schools too. just send a copy. that will be okay.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Odedenshi1(m): 1:53pm On Oct 28, 2019
centuryman:

No. uni-assist checks the result online if you're sending to them. Same as the schools too. just send a copy. that will be okay.

Thanks for this prompt response, I was about going to waste my money. I appreciate bro

Odedenshi1
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Wzurine: 1:54pm On Oct 28, 2019
Good day people,

Does any one have an idea when the ADs would start coming in for the remainder of the year?

October is gone already.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Jubrilx3: 2:52pm On Oct 28, 2019
Anyone sending documents to uni assist from Lagos?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by adesunloye11(m): 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2019
Hello, we can send documents together to Germany but I am not sending to uni-assit[quote author=Jubrilx3 post=83534861]Anyone sending documents to uni assist from Lagos? [/quote
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by omotayour26(m): 3:53pm On Oct 28, 2019
Thanks so much. have done that but yet to get a response from them
Slip:
Why not contact uniassist via their contact form and explain your challenges to them. On the new portal you see this *question mark* sign on the same heading where u see ur username and applicant number... Just click on the question mark and choose the suitable form for contact....

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Ejay99(f): 4:06pm On Oct 28, 2019
omotayour26:
Thanks so much. have done that but yet to get a response from them
please let me know when you get a response I'm also having the same problem I have not gotten any response from them
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by omotayour26(m): 4:07pm On Oct 28, 2019
i have done that ... am yet to get a response from them
sassy92:

I think you should contact Uniassist and ask them coz a lot of people are experiencing this. Please anyone that contacts them should let us know the outcome
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Ejay99(f): 4:07pm On Oct 28, 2019
Jubrilx3:
Anyone sending documents to uni assist from Lagos?
did you find university of applied sciences dresden on uni assit portal ?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by AVO19: 4:25pm On Oct 28, 2019
Hi everyone, please who knows how long a DHL courier envelope is valid for, I got mince since July and I want to know if I can take it for interview in November, or do I have to get another one?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Ddoy17: 4:32pm On Oct 28, 2019
Hi Everyone, Please what documents are to be sent to uni assist?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by kelvinnadis(m): 4:59pm On Oct 28, 2019
kruzzroboh:
Happy Saturday House,
Pls who is in/applied to/applying to OTH Amberg Weiden. I have some questions
thanks in anticipation.

I am applying to OTH Amberg Weiden... patiently waiting for their Application window to start

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by MorrisEbosie: 5:11pm On Oct 28, 2019
PLS I need your help, I am going for Bachelor's so I applied for an appointment using Cat B but I haven't received appointment date yet and it's been weeks, PLS what do you advise me to do. Any one with idea PLS share. Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Jubrilx3: 5:20pm On Oct 28, 2019
Ejay99:
did you find university of applied sciences dresden on uni assit portal ?

Yes
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Jubrilx3: 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2019
adesunloye11:
Hello, we can send documents together to Germany but I am not sending to uni-assit

How?.

08145006913-watsapp
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Victornn: 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2019
Not long. I bought mine in July too for AD slated for Aug. 05. I cancelled my appointment cos I deferred my admission to the summer semester 2020. I called them to ask if I'd be able to use it in december and I was told that it wont be valid for use by December. I was asked to return it for a refund, which I did.

I think you may need to get a new one sha. Just call their customer care or visit their office for more clarification.

AVO19:
Hi everyone, please who knows how long a DHL courier envelope is valid for, I got mince since July and I want to know if I can take it for interview in November, or do I have to get another one?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Ejay99(f): 5:32pm On Oct 28, 2019
Jubrilx3:

Yes
let me pm you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by GRACEYS: 5:40pm On Oct 28, 2019
Hello all,
Please does any University of Bremen prospective student have his/her interview this week?

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by princetigris(m): 5:46pm On Oct 28, 2019
Cestmoi1:
Hello! Who's traveling from Abuja to Berlin this Thursday/Friday, Turkish Airline? Holla! I need a travel buddy�
Hello. Can I PM you?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by princetigris(m): 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2019
All this plenty talk of avoiding Nigerians abroad depends on the kind of human you meet.

My only advice is avoid people that are not students.

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2019
GRACEYS:
Hello all,
Please does any University of Bremen prospective student have his/her interview this week?

When is your interview

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.