Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,974 members, 7,810,704 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (614762 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Whitemagic: 8:23pm On Nov 08, 2019
amikable97:

For the language Zertifikat you need to mail the course coordinators to clarify especially if the language of instruction for the prospective course is English..
Thanks Amy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Whitemagic: 8:23pm On Nov 08, 2019
JosephAdeoba:
. This school is not uniassist you will apply online and post documents to them they have your course and related course West Coast University of Applied Sciences, Heide.
Thanks bro... Appreciate checking it out asap
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Yves18: 8:33pm On Nov 08, 2019
Great! Who finally gave you, Tamara? I have some guys going same school who may need it as well.
dainvincible:
Finally!! I have got the much needed extension.

Thanks to everyone who assisted.
God be praised!!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Sammynelson: 8:42pm On Nov 08, 2019
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Bobby5524: 8:45pm On Nov 08, 2019
I am also looking for more people so we can send together next week.
Ejay99:
when do you intend sending next week I'm interested as well

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Ejay99(f): 8:54pm On Nov 08, 2019
Bobby5524:
I am also looking for more people so we can send together next week.
ok pm me when you are set to send

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by dainvincible(m): 9:28pm On Nov 08, 2019
Johanna

Yves18:
Great! Who finally gave you, Tamara? I have some guys going same school who may need it as well.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Niggafrosh(m): 10:21pm On Nov 08, 2019
Pls anybody here also looking to pursue a course or is pursuing a course in public health? (MPH) Pls i need suggestions on some German universities i can apply to. The Daad course finder brought out just one result as regards MPH
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Sarahgold53(f): 10:58pm On Nov 08, 2019
Please what's the update on getting dates now. I applied since 1st Nov. Yet no date

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by ernestjino(m): 11:09pm On Nov 08, 2019
AM alert
AL 26 July
AD on 10th October
AM 8th Nov.
Program... MA global History, university of Bayreuth.
My initial dateline is Nov 11th but got an extension till 18th Nov.
Thanks everyone for the helpful contributions here. More AL, AM and Visum on us...

16 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by omotayour26(m): 11:11pm On Nov 08, 2019
Pls do let me know when you intend sending your documents as I wanted joining to share cost too . Am applying for process safety and environmental engineering
EngrEzra:

Which course(s) are you applying for? I am also applying to the same school. The application opens Nov 15th of this month.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Shogun200: 11:29pm On Nov 08, 2019
Ipheeoma24:
on Monday send me ur number
I sent you a pm already.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Ipheeoma24(f): 1:22am On Nov 09, 2019
Shogun200:
I sent you a pm already.
I got it
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Modesta24: 6:02am On Nov 09, 2019
congratulations
ernestjino:
AM alert
AL 26 July
AD on 10th October
AM 8th Nov.
Thanks everyone for the helpful contributions here. More AL, AM and Visum on us...

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by chiboy429(m): 7:29am On Nov 09, 2019
ernestjino:
AM alert
AL 26 July
AD on 10th October
AM 8th Nov.

congratulations go to DE and succeed
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Bankyproperties: 7:35am On Nov 09, 2019
I will like to ask a question, if someone who is in Germany wants to apply to study and work in Canada what is the possibility?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sunfrost(m): 7:43am On Nov 09, 2019
doppelganger10:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

AL: 23rd July, 2019
AD: 4th Oct, 2019 (Booked on 24th July, AD came 25th July 2019)
AM: 29th Oct, 2019
Visum: 7th Nov, 2019

TRANSCRIPT
My interview was on 4/10/2019. I left my house some minutes to 5am, I got to the embassy at exactly 5:30am. I was the first person to arrive, I met an officer at his post. Greeted him and stood by his post. I was expecting the usual "go and come back by 6:30am" as I have read earlier from other people's transcript, but he asked if I have all my documents ready and if I have done all my photocopies. I nodded to all his questions and he asked I remove the chain barricade to enter and wait. He muttered some words under his breath like "That man na only shout e go shout". I figured he was talking about Mr. Paulinus.lol.

I turned off my phone before entering and he asked me to sit and he also asked what visa I was there for and I said Study visa. Some minutes to 6am, a lady and her son came also; they were for visit visa. A young guy came afterwards and a couple of other people. We were asked to bring out a copy of our appointment mails and our passport. The other young guy, he was also for study visa was surprised. He was like "it's not on the checklist na". I brought out mine, the other people brought out theirs.lol. He kept on saying but it wasn't listed, he was advised to go print it out as there was still time. He left and a security man came to stamp the letters and he also wrote time on them.

My appointment mail had a little software glitch as it didn't carry my passport number, instead it was replaced with special characters and all, but it carried my name and booking reference correctly. I was a bit scared though, because I really didn't want Mr. Paulinus wahala. I actually went with a copy of my booking mail because it carried my passport number correctly.

Mr. Paulinus finally came, fair man, he didn't say much, he was just busy with his stuffs. He finally started calling out to Visit visas first and he cleared them and allowed them in. Some minutes to 7am he asked people for study visa to standup and he led us to a table. He showed us how to place the documents as he will be calling them one after the other and we should follow his lead. We were 3 present for the interview. He started calling them, I already had my originals clipped with the photocopies and it made it totally easy. I was just carrying on like a pro. Remember the young man that didn't print his appointment mail? He wasn't finding it easy at all. I pitied him, Paulinus was just using him to shine, his documents were very scattered and this didn't help him. I finished with my arrangement and I was the first they ushered in. I was searched by the security and they kept my phone and gave me a key. I was asked to sign too as they had a list of people for the day, it was a relief to actually see my name. I had panic attack prior before coming, I was like what if I had mistakenly canceled my booking sef and what if the error on my appointment mail made it impossible to sign in - village people has a way of messing up your mind abeg! I finally signed in! They asked me to hold on to my bag and I was asked to sit as I was the first. The 2nd person for student interview came in some minutes later and she was given a Visitor's tag and she went through a gate to the main building. I was just giving the securityman side eyes like "uncle I'm still here abi una forget me".lol. I couldn't hold it again I stylishly told the security man that I don't have this Visitor's tag o. He smiled and said, don't worry we know what we are doing. I waited for almost 30 minutes.

Finally, I saw a light go on and they said it was my turn. I was hoping to go to the main building too,lol, ( I kept longing to go in), they just directed me to a cubicle still around the main waiting area, I was slightly disappointed as I still wanted to go into the main building.lol. I saw the dread lady, in my mind I was like "na where I dy go, I dn reach so".lol. She greeted me nicely and I did same. She asked for my documents and my appointment mail. She was looking keenly at my appointment mail, I was like this passport number don finally put me for wahala. I started explaining not like she asked me o. She didn't even answer me jare. I think it was irrelevant. She asked for my passport, I gave her 2, she asked for an extra, she scanned and returned it back. She returned my biologically old document. She took my biometrics for both fingers, she asked what program I was going for, I told her Master's. She said not M.A? I said no M.Sc. she smiled and asked for my money, I initially kept 31,000Naira aside as Mr. Paulinus said it was 30,500. The VO asked for 29,500, I removed the 1000Naira and gave her, she asked if the money was correct, I said yes and I told her that's 30,000Naira. She said she doesn't have change, she didn't even count the money. She gave me one document to sign, for data protection and another to check if my details were correct. I did. She asked why I was bearing a Yoruba name when I wasn't from there, we just laughed it off.

So she said we will start your interview now. I just said ghen ghen! I was expecting her to say grab the phone, thank God I didn't do oversabi to grab it, cos she didn't even ask me to.

Vo: why this program?
Me: I was making sense at first then I started blabbing, I was freaking tensed. I just told her "I'm sorry, I'm tensed", she responded warmly that I shouldn't be, that I don't have to be. So she went through the question again and said just say this and this. Simple. I smiled and thanked her whilst she typed.
Vo: why Germany? She picked a point from the first one I said in the first question.
Me: It's an excellent destination for international student as it's one of the safest country in the world, tuition free and it's vested in research and training. She nodded and typed.
Vo: where are you going to?
Me : Deggendorf
Vo: The state and the capital.
Me: Bavaria, Munich
Vo: Talk about Germany politically
Me: I talked about the President first, his party, when he was elected.
Vo: what type of government does Germany practice?
Me: Parliamentary system of government.
Vo: what position did the President occupy before presidency and what did he study?
Me: Minister for foreign affairs. He read law.
Vo: Talk about the VC
Me: Angela Dorothea Merkel....then I gave her gist
Vo: Talk about the Geography of Germany
Me: I talked about it and when I mentioned "nine countries border Germany"....
Vo: In the North, it is bordered by what country?
Me: Denmark.
Vo: The capital?
Me: I thought she meant Denmark, so I said Copenhagen, she said capital of Germany o, I quickly said Berlin.
Vo: Say some random facts about Germany
Me: The German national anthem was composed by an Austrian born musician, Joseph Haydn, and only the 3rd stanzas is sung because the first 2 has ties with the Nazi's era. *she nodded*
Germany has over 1000 types of bread.
The biggest and largest zoo in the world is located in Berlin, Germany.
Vo: Talk about Germany economically?
Me: Her main exports are cars and they are the 2nd largest exporter in the world after China.
Vo: What other exports are from Germany?
Me: Pharmaceutical products, steel and (can't remember the 3rd one I mentioned)
Vo: Your final year thesis?
* I wrote it down* she typed it in. I added that she should put the bacteria names in italics or underline them, she said okay.
Vo: Can you tell me more about your final year thesis?
Me: *I smiled* Before I go on, I would like to explain some of the terms there.
(I worked on Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteria)She was very interested in my project as she thought it had to with STIs. I laughed and told her no. Told her the modes the MRSA can be contracted and all.
She didn't type, she only listened. She added exclamations here and there, her facial expressions were funny to watch. I even started advising her about the dangers associated with that strain of bacteria. I actually spent a great deal of time talking.
Vo: What plans do you have after your program?
Me: I look forward to coming back to Nigeria on the completion of my program and I intend working with National Biotechnology Development Agency (NABDA) in Abuja as a researcher as I would want to delve fully into research and they have a Gene and Genomics department and I believe the knowledge garnered during my 18 months of study would be of immense contribution there.
She typed it in.
Vo: Do you know anyone in Germany?
Me: I know 2 people, One in Jena another in Wurzburg.
She nodded
Vo: Have you applied for any visa at all? She was literally pointing at the various embassies direction around the German embassy. She went with America and pointed towards the direction of the American embassy, she did the same for like other 3 countries. It was funny to watch, I was literally laughing!
Me: *still laughing* No!
Vo: I am satisfied with your interview but I would advise you ask for an extension from your school, the Consulate might request for one and don't wait till they do. Send one as soon as you get hold of it!
Vo: When sending a mail, quote this number ( she wrote the number under my barcode out) as the subject of your mail and attach the document.
Me: Do I need to courier it also? (in my mind, sometimes you people are blind and you may not see the mail. Lol)
Vo: An email will do.
She gave me my change and said that's the end. She bid me bye and I screamed have a nice day!

Sincerely, I enjoyed my interview with the dreads lady! Please don't believe all what you read here about any VO, they are all based on their individual experience. Don't carry someone's experience into your own interview, it will ruin you. Just be you and do you jare and pray too!

I bid Mr Paulinus bye also, he responded nicely. I left the young guy from earlier, he was still sorting out his documents. I left the embassy at exactly 8:30am. My interview lasted for like 30 minutes. I funded before going.

Enrollment deadline was October 31st

After going back and forth with my coordinator, my deadline was extended to mid-November.

Congrats boss...how did u apply for date on the 24 and got date by 25. I applied since 5 July and rebooked later on still didnt get date.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by amikable97: 7:54am On Nov 09, 2019
sunfrost:

Congrats boss...how did u apply for date on the 24 and got date by 25. I applied since 5 July and rebooked later on still didnt get date.

PLEASE IF YOU WANT TO QUOTE A VERY LENGTHY POST PLEASE, ERASE SOME PART OF IT. IT IS OCCUPYING SO MUCH SPACE SEE HOW LONG SOMEONE HAS TO SCROLL FOR JUST 2 SENTENCE REPLY, ACT ACCORDINGLY MBOK

6 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 09, 2019
sunfrost:

Dude why na
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by naijacentric(m): 8:13am On Nov 09, 2019
azubuikefrancis:

Guy why you quote this long post with just three lines na baba

Abeg let's be cutting long posts if we wanna post see as e swallow space
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by cephap: 8:24am On Nov 09, 2019
sunfrost:

Congrats boss...how did u apply for date on the 24 and got date by 25. I applied since 5 July and rebookedl later on still didnt get date.
Its obvious you are drunk to quote such lengthy post cause of one sentence.
Don't know if tutorial will do before joining here.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by EngrEzra: 8:42am On Nov 09, 2019
kelvinnadis:

Please Bro, are you sending documents to uniassist anytime soon??

I would like to partner with you to reduce cost.
Same here too bro. I am in Portharcourt too and I plan sending my documents to Uniassit next week.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:09am On Nov 09, 2019
cephap:

Its obvious you are drunk to quote such lengthy post cause of one sentence.
Don't know if tutorial will do before joining here.

grin grin say nah tutorial
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:12am On Nov 09, 2019
Each thread with its own rules and calibre of ppl grin

In literature section & diary section ppl go dey warn you if you Dey reply one one sentence grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Yves18: 9:29am On Nov 09, 2019
Congratulations!
ernestjino:
AM alert
AL 26 July
AD on 10th October
AM 8th Nov.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by ayodeji481(m): 10:09am On Nov 09, 2019
Please I need someone to guide me with the uni-assist application. Preferably through phone call..thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by demigod9: 10:19am On Nov 09, 2019
Hey guys, anyone applied for Advanced Synthesis and Catalysis at Regensburg? I was expecting their exams on the 6th but I haven@t seen anything yet.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Jubrilawest: 10:29am On Nov 09, 2019
Good morning
if you want to join us in sending documents to WWu Munster, kindly pm. We are sending on Tuesday.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 09, 2019
[quote author=Jubrilawest post=83870771]Good morning
if you want to join us in sending documents to WWu Munster, kindly pm. We are sending on Tuesday.[/quote

You guys need to check well. Ain’t sure if Muenster requires sending of documents

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by datOnitshaboy: 11:49am On Nov 09, 2019
Sarahgold53:
Please what's the update on getting dates now. I applied since 1st Nov. Yet no date

Which category did u apply for?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Yomi218: 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2019
Ppl in Abuja who had like to send their documents to Uni-assist.
Should DM me ASAP . Bell: 08056891056. Let cut costs.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by fogbu: 12:31pm On Nov 09, 2019
Please, will German Embassy work on Monday 11th November, as declared a public holiday by Nigerian Government. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.