Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (620060 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Mudi4u: 9:39am On Jul 13, 2019
NijaDueprocess:
Those who have two(2) AD scheduled on 12th August(Public holiday) and 13th August(Public holiday) identify yourself lets have a meeting. it is really confusing having two(2) Appointment date on Public holidays

Please you don't need to hold any meeting, Embassies rarely observe full scale no work public holidays. If it's a Christian public holiday for instance, Christians working at the embassy still go to work but do close earlier. They know what they are doing by giving you an appointment on these dates, prepare for your interview... You will be fine
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by NijaDueprocess: 9:47am On Jul 13, 2019
Mudi4u:

Please you don't need to hold any meeting, Embassies rarely observe full scale no work public holidays. If it's a Christian public holiday for instance, Christians working at the embassy still go to work but do close earlier. They know what they are doing by giving you an appointment on these dates, prepare for your interview... You will be fine
I guess you didnt get the post right. I have two(2) appointment date (12th August and 13th August) with just one(1) booking and i believe there are people in my shoe

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Kratos14: 9:52am On Jul 13, 2019
NijaDueprocess:
I guess you didnt get the post right. I have two(2) appointment date (12th August and 13th August) with just one(1) booking and i believe there are people in my shoe

My advice, go on the 12th, if ur interview no hold go on the 13th again. If pple tell u 13th n ur interview na 12th ko. Be on a safer side. D extra day hotel money na nothing. If i av AD lik u. I wil not even wori

8 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by NijaDueprocess: 10:10am On Jul 13, 2019
Kratos14:

My advice, go on the 12th, if ur interview no hold go on the 13th again. If pple tell u 13th n ur interview na 12th ko. Be on a safer side. D extra day hotel money na nothing. If i av AD lik u. I wil not even wori
Thanks, yours will come

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Kratos14: 10:52am On Jul 13, 2019
NijaDueprocess:
Thanks, yours will come

Amen. Tank u
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by vickmor002: 11:09am On Jul 13, 2019
Good morning my people, my people.
Please I need your urgent advice, I got my AL from the university of applied science, Hamm Lippstadt, Bsc.
I quickly applied for visa appointment under category A, owning to the fact that I already have my 1st degree with 2nd class upper.
Please, will there be any issue using category A, since am not going for masters now?

Has people excelled through this before??

I got reference no, although still planning for extension.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Mudi4u: 11:20am On Jul 13, 2019
NijaDueprocess:

Okay sorry about that. I will advice you follow what kratos said. Goodluck
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Fabcol(m): 11:30am On Jul 13, 2019
You are on track..
Start serious prayers on getting appointment date. I noticed hamm enrollment deadline is August(and I guess thats what u used as start of study when booking) if u miss getting date this July then....
vickmor002:
Please I need your urgent advice, I got my AL from the university of applied science, Hamm Lippstadt, Bsc.
I quickly applied for visa appointment under category A, owning to the fact that I already have my 1st degree with 2nd class upper.
Please, will there be any issue using category A, since am not going for masters now?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 13, 2019
Please let's keep the hope alive, I realize say our Moral don low based on this date issue.
It will all end in praise and testimony

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by holadhayor1: 11:59am On Jul 13, 2019
Sincerely, I must commend the efforts of some people on this thread. They are always looking for enquiries to give responses to and that's why they can never lack testimonies. Let me quickly bring to your notice that I'll share my testimonies here in this part.

Towards the end of the last part, someone asked for possible skype interview questions. Please and please, I would advise that you are very calm on that day as there's every tendency of you being nervous. I had a Skype interview last Tuesday for Msc in Synthesis and Catalysis at the university of Regensburg. The first question I was asked was to discuss the principle of spectroscopy, define acid and base and why did I opt for the course. At some point, they could not hear me so they typed the interview questions and I gave brief responses to. Go through the course synopsis/modules and familiarize your self with programs or words being emphasized. Above all, pray and pray.
All the best..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by emmabowin(m): 12:00pm On Jul 13, 2019
Hello guys. Good job so far. I wish to book testimony space as I will be starting the process hopefully next month.
My questions are
1. What's the duration of ielts. I.e, can it be written once and for all or it expires like jamb

2. Why is the category winter and summer, is it that schools will not be admitting students in Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, because I plan to join you guys this year in Germany.

3. I don't have SL or BA ooooo, I want to be applying for scholarships, if you are on any scholarship, please let's hook up so you can mentor me.

Thanks all.. God bless our hustle
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Kratos14: 12:00pm On Jul 13, 2019
Eromose08:

Please let's keep the hope alive, I realize say our Moral don low based on this date issue.
It will all end in praise and testimony

Bro no b moral person need now. Na information. Shey people wey don book b4 should still b expecting AD OR to go book for a start up date of lik October or November n see if Dey wil get September or October as AD or to just forget all n wait for winter. Na dis kind information dey important nw no b moral

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Slyasno007: 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2019
Hello NLs

I began following part 6 of this Forum in June and now that we are in Part 7, please permit me to express some thoughts.

To @Justwise, may God open multiple doors of success for you, just as you have opened this avenue for information exchange, anybody can access vital information here for free.

To those who continue to enlighten others in this Forum about various steps and processes involved in the pursuit of studies in Germany, may God illuminate your ways to success.

To those who have scaled the AL/AM hurdles and are now in Germany or are about to depart Nigeria, i say congratulations. Focus and prayer are watch words that should serve you well in your life's journey.

To those, like me, who are awaiting Visa interview at the Embassy. Please religiously use the checklist to prepare for your appointment. If the daily news about Nigeria does not motivate you to be serious about your German pursuit, I doubt that anything else will. Also, if you have benefitted in any way from this Forum, the least you can do is to provide transcript of your interview afterwards. Others can learn from your experience too.

To those still awaiting interview date from the Embassy, please don't give up. I read too many testimones in Part 6 not to believe in miracles. As advised on this Forum, you could also explore deferrment options with your schools as back up plan.

My interview is fixed for 6th August at Abuja. If there's anyone else for that date and in need of accommodation,please do let me know on time.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by precious225: 12:09pm On Jul 13, 2019
Hello man
The deadline for almost all school for winter intake (classes to start September /October ) is July 15 which is 2 days from now and I don't think you can meet up for winter so you should start planning for summer (classes starts march /april)
IELTS certificate expires after 2 years
emmabowin:
Hello guys. Good job so far. I wish to book testimony space as I will be starting the process hopefully next month.
My questions are
1. What's the duration of ielts. I.e, can it be written once and for all or it expires like jamb

2. Why is the category winter and summer, is it that schools will not be admitting students in Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, because I plan to join you guys this year in Germany.

3. I don't have SL or BA ooooo, I want to be applying for scholarships, if you are on any scholarship, please let's hook up so you can mentor me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by UbiPetrus: 12:14pm On Jul 13, 2019
Hey guys! Is it safe to book category A with 2.2 and masters admission?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Akwaekee(f): 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2019
1. Most English proficiency tests, including IELTS have a validity of 2years. Although, some German schools accept 3year old test report forms, I used mine from June 2016.
2. For B.Sc and M.Sc and a handful of PhD programs, there are usually 2 intakes yearly. Some PhD programs receive applications, all year round. For the Summer semester, i.e the March/April start, you need to start applying from Sept or so. For winter semester, i.e the Sept/Oct start, most applications start from April-July.
3. There are a handful of DAAD development related scholarships, fully funded you could apply to, from Septmeber or so. Look them up. There are Erasmus Mundus scholarships too. You just need to scout for them and know when applications would kick start.

emmabowin:
My questions are

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by jide4lagos(m): 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2019
Na una way dey wan go free school no allow us way wan pay tution get AD. I hope they could just differentiate us. So so angry.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Ojabostine505: 12:19pm On Jul 13, 2019
NijaDueprocess:
Attend the first interview on the 12th as you said then after the exercise you can now tell the VO about the next interview. But if it is B.sc and master then u need to attend both. All the best

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by SSamuelo: 12:19pm On Jul 13, 2019
NijaDueprocess:
I also got two appointment date 12 and 13 what are we going to do about it.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Tommynaku: 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2019
umaga1991:
Good evening.. a friend told me that the embassy has stopped giving dates, how true is this please.. need answers ASAP
If you can be online to post this, you can as well check the Consulate site to confirm yourself. Get information yourself and dont rely on people for such neccessary info as this

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by emmabowin(m): 12:40pm On Jul 13, 2019
Thanks very much @Akwaekee and precious225.
I'll update the house and also make more enquiries when I start the process
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 13, 2019
jide4lagos:
Na una way dey wan go free school no allow us way wan pay tution get AD. I hope they could just differentiate us. So so angry.

This is the most daft thing I've ever read on nairaland in my entire life. Instead of you to be hoping we all get date you're yarning trash. You think they're really after your tuition
You're a joker guy better change this your retarded thinking.

Please to all like me waiting for interview date please let's not loose hope now we've come to far for that

Things like this happen every year but this is the first time with this category thing that's why everyone is confused. I believe since the embassy has said we will get date we should just keep ourselves busy and out of worry that won't solve anything. The free time you have now use it to do and learn something tangible make man no come dey find menial jobs for Germany ( my two cents) at the same time please start mailing your schools for enrollment extension just to be on a safe side that's why it's always advisable to apply to more than two schools and check their deadlines. Please I pray God will favour all of us let's all be hopeful and not let worry kill us. I've read some people saying they've lost hope ... My people it's not over till it's over be reminded and baba God is still in charge he will surely pass this hurdle for us and we will look back at today and smile . One love my people ❤️

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by DeutschMariano: 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2019
jide4lagos:
You're a very obnoxious fellow and I hope people on here avoid you.

9 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Akwaekee(f): 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2019
jide4lagos:

No vex bruh, na Australia, Canada and UK fit people like you, wey get money to pay tuition. You fit check that side too. grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Ojabostine505: 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2019
vickmor002:

you will still be interviewed no issue with dat

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Deustchemann(m): 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2019
SpongeBobSP:

you know what bro?
I have noticed this and it's kinda frustrating , but it is what it is. Was planning to use an EPL, but that doesn't seem feasible anymore cos courses in my field are limited. and the more you filter the search to streamline it to suit your BSC qualification and other things , the less options you get... LOL

Lol.. naso e be. Just block every loophole and make maximum Applications. Viel Glück
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Deustchemann(m): 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2019
amihbkt767676:
Returning from an interview with FAU Enlargen Nunberg. Thank you Deutchman!!!! Your tips were very helpful. My brothers waiting for AD. May your hope not fail. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE !!!! JUST HOPE!!!

May our efforts not be in vain in Jesus' Miraculous name. Amen. 2 Cor. 1:20 "All God's promises find their YES in Jesus." Prayer works. Let your hearts not be troubled.☝️
You're welcome bro. Wish you success
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Omoawoke: 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2019
jide4lagos:

Is the tuition fee refundable or admission could be deferred to next summer if eventually you did not make it for the visa.
I got admission to that same school Ruhr Bochum. You can mail them for extension of enrollment and probably book another appointment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.