Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,428 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (568) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (614439 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 7:00pm On Dec 13, 2019
amihbkt767676:
People who are troubled are those who have no experience of German waka.

Last winter, the embassy website stated by September that dates were no longer available. We all knew wot happened- date flowed till october ending.(the wise ones did wot was suggested by experts---changing of start date to a later date )

This summer, it is unfortunate that it started early. Some of us booked date since october and put FEBRUARY as start date. (The embassy knws most are lies because schools start by April) even without AL.

Now a new law is passed to check all these abuse and we are agitating and claiming right for a petition. We have to calm down brothers!! Most people shouting do not have Admissions yet.

The solution is to be patient and wait. If u have booked already, date surely will drop. If u r yet to book, be wise and use a later start date like April or May.( ur date will come early Feb.)
From reports, given out date are still Dec-Jan. Feb, March and April still dey.

Hope and prayer dey work for those who think all is Logic and fact.

Nigerians let us learn patience!!!!!
Thanks

You just said everything I wanted to say but was too lazy to type. Especially the bolded parts. Thank you jare.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:02pm On Dec 13, 2019
sassy92:

Thank you! I've applied for studenwerk and I'm also searching on Facebook. Any other recommendation??
Please, search it is not easy to get accommodation here in Magdeburg. If you are lucky you might get from Studentenwerk fast, but most new students do rent private houses or stay in a temporary place.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:09pm On Dec 13, 2019
Sundaaaaay:

Good day , please how did you go about getting accommodations on campus, I was also given admissions to study the same course.
Thanks in advance
I didn't get accommodation on campus. I was placed on an awaiting list, which I will still get in a few months' time. When I arrived in Magdeburg, I stayed with someone for 2 months(we were both sharing the bills) and I later got an apartment in the 3rd month. You might be lucky to get an apartment with the Studentenwerk early but also look for an alternative like staying with someone temporarily. If I may ask, have you applied for an apartment with Studentenwerk.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Sundaaaaay: 7:22pm On Dec 13, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

I didn't get accommodation on campus. I was placed on an awaiting list, which I will still get in a few months' time. When I arrived in Magdeburg, I stayed with someone for 2 months(we were both sharing the bills) and I later got an apartment in the 3rd month. You might be lucky to get an apartment with the Studentenwerk early but also look for an alternative like staying with someone temporarily. If I may ask, have you applied for an apartment with Studentenwerk.
Not yet, been trying to , but can’t yet find my way around it. The problem is that I don’t have any friend over there, the thought of where I will stay have been very worrisome . Thanks for all your advice
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Sundaaaaay: 7:24pm On Dec 13, 2019
0yewale:

I did but have left the city.
Oh, I see. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2019
Sundaaaaay:

Not yet, been trying to , but can’t yet find my way around it. The problem is that I don’t have any friend over there, the thought of where I will stay have been very worrisome . Thanks for all your advice
I responded to your PM but yet to get any feedback from you, we need to connect since we're going to the same school and course. I already have a few friends there.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Sundaaaaay: 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2019
sassy92:

I responded to your PM but yet to get any feedback from you, we need to connect since we're going to the same school and course. I already have a few friends there.
So sorry, Although I opened nairaland a long time ago, but I don’t even know how to use it. I didn’t even know you sent me a message
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Sundaaaaay: 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2019
sassy92:

They sent me the mail yesterday and sent the admission letter and Instructions for enrollment today. You should receive yours soon.
After few hours of asking you this question, I got my admission letter with the enrollment information. Thanks for the feedbacks , really appreciate
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Sundaaaaay: 7:46pm On Dec 13, 2019
sassy92:

I just sent a message to your email address. Please get back to me when you are chance, I will be looking forward to your reply. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Sundaaaaay: 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2019
sassy92:

Please check your email when you are free.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2019
Sundaaaaay:

Don't worry about it. You are resuming April for the summer programme. Use this link for the application.
https://tl1host.eu/SWMD/#home

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by shantelleasante(f): 9:50pm On Dec 13, 2019
AD! The most sort after commodity ever! The higher the demand,the lower the chances �

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Megatronn(m): 10:35pm On Dec 13, 2019
I'm not really in a haste or pressure whatsoever. Reasons being that I want to start my classes winter of 2020... Seeking for schools that offer admission for winter 2020 seems difficult even on uni assist... Please who knows a way around this? When do y'all think is the right time to apply for admission (winter 2020) and subsequently visa...? Thanks for your candid replies.. Links are welcomed too.. Si abonga
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by clintonsparkz(m): 12:46am On Dec 14, 2019
princejck:

Some don fund block accounts self and dey hope....the truth is that the number of Nigeria students applying for visa per year is the highest in Africa. Its just an indirect way to cut the number down.
hello bro what's up? can u edit this message that u quoted me, kindly delete all message, pls and thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by HighPriest0(m): 1:21am On Dec 14, 2019
Coldie:
Guys I have AD already. On the 20th of December. But in a wrong category I thought that the discount in my fees qualifies as a scholarship. Which is cat A under scholarship

I wouldn't like to go there pay flight, rent a hotel room then at the end after paying the visa fee I get turned back......

Should I honour the invitation or I should join the waiting crew.

I also intend to go there with request to withdraw my BA money.

I want to close the account

If you know you won't attend the interview, please cancel now so someone else can get the slot. If you cancel late, you will just waste a precious slot and even God will be angry with you.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Sundaaaaay: 2:51am On Dec 14, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

Don't worry about it. You are resuming April for the summer programme. Use this link for the application.
https://tl1host.eu/SWMD/#home
Thank you very much, really pleased to have someone like u In the house
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:04am On Dec 14, 2019
Sundaaaaay:

Thank you very much, really pleased to have someone like u In the house
It is my pleasure bro.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by starboychan: 8:15am On Dec 14, 2019
Hello,
If you reside within Abuja and its environment and you will be sending documents to uniassist this week, please pm me let us share the cost .

N.B : Don't pm if you're ready . Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by nayo10(m): 8:23am On Dec 14, 2019
Pls if you reside in Lagos or Ibadan, pm me so we can send to uni assist together. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by akinswaggs(m): 8:58am On Dec 14, 2019
anybody who applied or wants to apply for intl bus Oth Amberg-Weiden should signify lets connect pls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Augustinecu: 9:10am On Dec 14, 2019
Hi Everyone!

Regarding Sponsorship Letter, is it compulsory that the sponsor should be a relative?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Nnamdiosang: 9:19am On Dec 14, 2019
Augustinecu:
Hi Everyone!

Regarding Sponsorship Letter, is it compulsory that the sponsor should be a relative?
Not at all
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by princejck: 9:29am On Dec 14, 2019
clintonsparkz:
hello bro what's up? can u edit this message that u quoted me, kindly delete all message, pls and thanks

Hi Bro what’s up, am sorry if my comments hurt your feelings. Am entitled to express myself the way and however I want as well as criticize others ideas especially when it has influence on whatever I am doing.

My points was at the end proven, after the call to the Embassy from some members here.

So I'm politely explaining to you out of respect why I won’t take any of my comments down.

Have a nice and wonderful day.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by clintonsparkz(m): 9:47am On Dec 14, 2019
princejck:

Hi Bro what’s up, am sorry if my comments hurt your feelings. Am entitled to express myself the way and however I want as well as criticize others ideas especially when it has influence on whatever I am doing.

My points was at the end proven, after the call to the Embassy from some members here.

So I'm politely explaining to you out of respect why I won’t take any of my comments down.

Have a nice and wonderful day.
there is one post i told u to delete my comment, I didn't tell u to delete your part, I meant my own, which u quoted, I already deleted d original, u can leave yours, pls mine. if u don't want to, u free.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Legendguru: 9:49am On Dec 14, 2019
Hi guys.i got admission for someone .the letter was sent electronically and termed acceptance letter.

Is it the same as admission letter or the admission letter will be mailed. Also how can I book visa interview for the person and also open block fund . Apart from block fund and the admission letter and international passport what other documents does he need to take with him to the embassy for visa interview. The school resumes on 3rd march 2020
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by kumkumtins1: 9:49am On Dec 14, 2019
princejck:

Some don fund block accounts self and dey hope....the truth is that the number of Nigeria students applying for visa per year is the highest in Africa. Its just an indirect way to cut the number down.

This is not true. Nigerian students in Germany do not even have the largest population from Africa. As of winter 2018 we were only about 1,900 , even cameroonian and Ghanaian students are more than twice our population. Thd largest population of foreign students is from China with over 32,000 students, then Russia and Austria. India had about 14,000 students. There is no hidden agenda in place to reduce foreign students. In fact there are new laws set in place to ease immigration for highly educated/skilled workers from 3rd world countries. These laws would take effect from January 1 2020. The laws also make provision for the foreign students as well.

See this link https://www.studying-in-germany.org/germany-international-student-statistics/

The Nigerian German consulate is having some temporary issues that would soon be rectified. One thing we could do is to send a complaint (RESPRCTFULLY) to the Berlin headquarters https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/aamt/zugastimaa/buergerservice.
Lay our concerns about how flawed and inefficient the current online booking system is , and recommend that the system should be modified to make provision for applicants to upload their admission letters as well as sponsorship letters/funded blocked account documents/scholarship before appointment dates can be set. That way it would ensure that only true and eligible applicants can get appointment dates. Also tell them that the embassy seems to be inactive at the moment.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by shantelleasante(f): 10:02am On Dec 14, 2019
kumkumtins1:

This is not true. Nigerian students in Germany do not even have the largest population from Africa. As of winter 2018 we were only about 1,900 , even cameroonian and Ghanaian students are more than twice our population. Thd largest population of foreign students is from China with over 32,000 students, then Russia and Austria. India had about 14,000 students. There is no hidden agenda in place to reduce foreign students. In fact there are new laws set in place to ease immigration for highly educated/skilled workers from 3rd world countries. These laws would take effect from January 1 2020. The laws also make provision for the foreign students as well.

See this link https://www.studying-in-germany.org/germany-international-student-statistics/

The Nigerian German consulate is having some temporary issues that would soon be rectified. One thing we could do is to send a complaint (RESPRCTFULLY) to the Berlin headquarters https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/aamt/zugastimaa/buergerservice.
Lay our concerns about how flawed and inefficient the current online booking system is , and recommend that the system should be modified to make provision for applicants to upload their admission letters as well as sponsorship letters/funded blocked account documents/scholarship before appointment dates can be set. That way it would ensure that only true and eligible applicants can get appointment dates. Also tell them that the embassy seems to be inactive at the moment.
Gbamest! I stand with this right here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by nwigwemark: 10:03am On Dec 14, 2019
I will suggest you write to the embassy and explain to them your reasons for booking Cat A. Find out from them if you can honor the appointment or to cancel it. My one cent.

Coldie:
Guys I have AD already. On the 20th of December. But in a wrong category I thought that the discount in my fees qualifies as a scholarship. Which is cat A under scholarship

I wouldn't like to go there pay flight, rent a hotel room then at the end after paying the visa fee I get turned back......

Should I honour the invitation or I should join the waiting crew.

I also intend to go there with request to withdraw my BA money.

I want to close the account

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by akinswaggs(m): 10:28am On Dec 14, 2019
nwigwemark:
I will suggest you write to the embassy and explain to them your reasons for booking Cat A. Find out from them if you can honor the appointment or to cancel it. My one cent.

There is nothing like writing to them, it's clearly stated in the booking confirmation email

With a wrongly booked visa category you will not get access to the visa section.

If you discover that you have provided incorrect and / or incomplete information, please cancel your registration and register again.

So if you booked incorrect Cat, the right thing to do is to cancel and rebook. That is why the option is there

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Jubrilawest: 10:30am On Dec 14, 2019
shantelleasante:
I don't support the idea
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Jubrilawest: 10:31am On Dec 14, 2019
shantelleasante:
I don't support the idea
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by princejck: 10:33am On Dec 14, 2019
akinswaggs:

There is nothing like writing to them, it's clearly stated in the booking confirmation email

With a wrongly booked visa category you will not get access to the visa section.

If you discover that you have provided incorrect and / or incomplete information, please cancel your registration and register again.

So if you booked incorrect Cat, the right thing to do is to cancel and rebook. That is why the option is there

We all know the right thing to do, but sometimes we think we can bend the rules then later we start complaining why they treat Nigerians differently. It’s just sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.