Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam (26530 Views)

Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars / Shoprite Warns Against Internet Scam Message On Its Anniversary / Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Dandsome: 7:31am On Jul 13, 2019
Nigerians just need to be generally carefully for the things they see online, not all of them are true

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Realboygenius(m): 7:33am On Jul 13, 2019
selfdefence:
wetin you dey hear? How e take no concern Buhari? Is it not the hardship in the country that has made a lot of people indulge in such crimes? Please think before you talk

We can't blame this on the president though. There's hardship in the country we know but a lot of people are still doing legit work.

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by omooba969(m): 8:41am On Jul 13, 2019
Ennyholar:
I almost clicked on one the links last week grin

It's a sign that you like free things.
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Acidosis(m): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2019
AmadorSays:
The intelligence Nigerians use to deceive other gullible Nigerians is out of this world, I never saw this coming. How could someone pull such a scam on Nigerians using such a prominent supermarket? Wow! Only God knows how much the scammers would have made had they pulled through with this scam.

There is no iota of intelligence in that scam. Nigeria is just a zoo occupied with unrepentant illiterates.

A website with ".mobi" is the last thing any primary school cert holder should click on.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by bravesoul247(m): 8:49am On Jul 13, 2019
Internet fraud in Nigeria has turned to a menace here. Too bad
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Melaninprincess(f): 8:50am On Jul 13, 2019
shiftback:
As long as the desire for free stuffs exist, there'll always be victims
Sadly so
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Melaninprincess(f): 8:51am On Jul 13, 2019
selfdefence:
free this guy, him no know wetin him dey talk sef
e be like so o
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Chukalemon(m): 9:02am On Jul 13, 2019
Be careful there are a lot of scammers everywhere
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 13, 2019
If I have learnt anything since i started browsing is that, nobody, absolutely nobody will pay you to share bullshit link online nobody
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by samwash(m): 9:59am On Jul 13, 2019
tafat:
Internet scam is becoming so rampant these days which makes me think twice before clicking any link I see, most especially on social networks like twitter and facebook. Some even have the guts to be sending you private messages and once you click the link BOOM!! Your account will be hacked. Thanks to shoprite for their stand on this, they made notice of it early and are warning the public, that's really good of them cos so many people would have ditched shoprite for good had they been scammed in the process.

That's how my Facebook acct was hacked, til now I have not been able to recover it.
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by kingola87(m): 10:07am On Jul 13, 2019
My big bro sent me this and I told him I did not believe in such promo. Me wey no even like awoof self.
I pray he should not fall victim

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Gkemz: 10:37am On Jul 13, 2019
At every given chance scammers see it as an opportunity to scam mugu. Lacasarea win promo no dey reign again.
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by tck2000(m): 11:45am On Jul 13, 2019
PRESENTATION:
If I have learnt anything since i started browsing is that, nobody, absolutely nobody will pay you to share bullshit link online nobody
Actually some are legit but they pay very small despite a lot of work you put in.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Ijawwomaninoyo: 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2019
shiftback:

I totally agree with you. I think most companies should do well to enlighten their customers to the dangers of dropping their emails indiscriminately and clicking of unknown links.

They use software to get emails.They will just insert a name and location, people with that name in their emails will pop up, they copy and send mass mail or text.
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Greatzeus(m): 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2019
selfdefence:
what's your point please? angry ,

how are they supposed to love fake giveaways?

Who doesn't love giveaways?

How should they have known it was a fake giveaway?

Just because you came across this news early doesn't mean you couldn't have fallen victim to it yourself.
Infant as far as I'm concerned this should tell shoprite that they need to organise a true giveaway for the 15th anniversary
They should know,the link has no relation whatsoever with ShopRite,the link is not ShopRite link. They are just greedy and those scammed deserve it.
I have never and will never click on any link promising gifts or giveaway in Nigeria,it's a scam and ever will be.
No company will be sharing WhatsApp link to do giveaways,when they have official websites, television and radio to advertise what they doing.
Lastly free things are for the poor, either financially or mentally poor.
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 13, 2019
selfdefence:
what's your point please? angry ,

how are they supposed to love fake giveaways?

Who doesn't love giveaways?

How should they have known it was a fake giveaway?

Just because you came across this news early doesn't mean you couldn't have fallen victim to it yourself.
Infant as far as I'm concerned this should tell shoprite that they need to organise a true giveaway for the 15th anniversary

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Melaninprincess(f): 6:19pm On Jul 13, 2019
tck2000:
Actually some are legit but they pay very small despite a lot of work you put in.
are you serious?
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:50pm On Jul 13, 2019
Melaninprincess:
are you serious?

Don't be deserve such links are never legit. If ShopRite is doing an anniversary you'll definitely see it on their social media channels not just random online links.
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:52pm On Jul 13, 2019
Greatzeus:

They should know,the link has no relation whatsoever with ShopRite,the link is not ShopRite link. They are just greedy and those scammed deserve it.
I have never and will never click on any link promising gifts or giveaway in Nigeria,it's a scam and ever will be.
No company will be sharing WhatsApp link to do giveaways,when they have official websites, television and radio to advertise what they doing.
Lastly free things are for the poor, either financially or mentally poor.

You know what majority of Nigerians just love free stuffs that why they call easily for cheap scams like that.
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:53pm On Jul 13, 2019
tck2000:

None of such links are never legit, don't be deceived.
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:53pm On Jul 13, 2019
Gkemz:
At every given chance scammers see it as an opportunity to scam mugu. Lacasarea win promo no dey reign again.
You also remember the Lacasera scam. Nawa for Nigerians.
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:55pm On Jul 13, 2019
kingola87:
My big bro sent me this and I told him I did not believe in such promo. Me wey no even like awoof self.
I pray he should not fall victim

You be warn him on time to abstain from such scam.
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by LeonMacJames(m): 8:33am On Jul 14, 2019
investigator007:
please Oga where are those kind of jobs, I'm looking for one
You can make 20k daily as a photographer if you have a network of worthy clientele.
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by sureinfo: 12:20am On Jul 15, 2019
AmadorSays:
i think you're underestimating how smart these guys are, they can even scam the security agencies themselves grin
e no mean set our security officer no go fit do something, this one na major scam, it's shoprite we're talking about, imagine how many people could have been affected that it pulled through.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by sureinfo: 12:23am On Jul 15, 2019
samwash:

That's how my Facebook acct was hacked, til now I have not been able to recover it.
wow, sorry, no to open new facebook account na

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by sureinfo: 12:24am On Jul 15, 2019
LeonMacJames:

You can make 20k daily as a photographer if you have a network of worthy clientele.
this is one business I'll be interested in

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by AmadorSays: 12:35am On Jul 15, 2019
Acidosis:

There is no iota of intelligence in that scam. Nigeria is just a zoo occupied with unrepentant illiterates.

A website with ".mobi" is the last thing any primary school cert holder should click on.
no dull person can pull off a scam like this, it's intelligence. We're just lucky that ShopRite were able to decode it early and have issued out a warning, they may be the single life line that has saved alot of people.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by AmadorSays: 12:36am On Jul 15, 2019
sureinfo:
this is one business I'll be interested in
lol, me too

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by tafat: 12:40am On Jul 15, 2019
investigator007:
true and the annoying thing is that when you think the people who use internet should be smarter, you find out that they are the ones that easily fall for things like this.
no be lie sha, you know there's a saying that says "common sense is not common "

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by tafat: 12:45am On Jul 15, 2019
Ooops, sorry for that. Gotta be careful with the kind of links you click on online
samwash:

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by tafat: 12:47am On Jul 15, 2019
LeonMacJames:

i believe this 100% , but the question is how pesin want take get that "network of worthy clientele "?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? / Lady Loses N5million She Was Paid After Losing Job To Church Micro-finance Bank / Nigerian Millionaires On The Rise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.