Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,636 members, 7,958,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:27 AM

Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam (26790 Views)

Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars / Shoprite Warns Against Internet Scam Message On Its Anniversary / Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Temitope1759(f): 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2019
Shoprite one of Africa's biggest retail brands has issued out a warning to the public again a fraudulent message circulating the internet claiming that the supermarket chain is celebrating it's 15th anniversary with an online competition.

Alot of people are said to have fall victim of this internet scam that is being distributed via Whatsapp. It's advisable to be cautious and ignore clicking on any ransom link you come across on the internet.

Here's an example of one of the links http://winng.customerrewards.mobi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Abiodunspectre(m): 7:25pm On Jul 12, 2019
I hope this teaches people who love fake giveaways some lesson. I got one the message and I deleted it immediately.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Realboygenius(m): 7:32pm On Jul 12, 2019
Naija people and freebies

Some people will be opening links online anyhow and later come on Nairaland to claim that their account was hacked. I think which give kudos to Shoprite for this disclaimer.

lalasticlala

30 Likes

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Ennyholar: 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
I almost clicked on one the links last week grin

13 Likes

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by iamapplord(m): 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2019
Ennyholar:

SPOTTED

35 Likes

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Iceman296: 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2019
How do people even fall for such scams? Especially when you don't read or hear from the company's authorized source.

6 Likes

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by enny66(m): 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2019
Chaiiiii... God punish scammer
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Techm8: 9:28pm On Jul 12, 2019
Most people click on random links based off of ignorance and curiosity and they end up being victims of scams...it's sad really

10 Likes

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Techm8: 9:29pm On Jul 12, 2019
Ennyholar:
Na God safe you grin

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by shiftback: 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2019
Techm8:
Most people click on random links based off of ignorance and curiosity and they end up being victims of scams...it's sad really
I totally agree with you. I think most companies should do well to enlighten their customers to the dangers of dropping their emails indiscriminately and clicking of unknown links.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by shiftback: 9:33pm On Jul 12, 2019
As long as the desire for free stuffs exist, there'll always be victims

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by saxby(f): 10:21pm On Jul 12, 2019
TBH how far people are willing to go just to land come change in their pockets gives me cause to worry, Of all the scams to pull now it's to fabricate false sales by shoprite?? Wow! Wetin pesin no go see for this country?

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Corroro: 5:43am On Jul 13, 2019
So shop rite is up-to 15 years old?? Wow, they have really come a long way, thanks for this post sha @Op cos this one scam I personally would have fallen for.

5 Likes

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Corroro: 5:48am On Jul 13, 2019
saxby:
TBH how far people are willing to go just to land come change in their pockets gives me cause to worry, Of all the scams to pull now it's to fabricate false sales by shoprite?? Wow! Wetin pesin no go see for this country?
i think of all the scams this would have been the easiest to pull, it's a shopping complex for crying out loud and most times these complexes do organise such give aways, so I won't really say I'd be surprised if a hell lot of people fall for this scam. Well thank God they has noticed it earlier and warned the public about it.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by selfdefence: 5:57am On Jul 13, 2019
Scammers everywhere looking for the slightest opportunity to waylay naive Nigerians, I don't even blame them, I blame Buhari and the poor economical situation of this country that has brought about all these evil vices.

4 Likes

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by selfdefence: 6:01am On Jul 13, 2019
Abiodunspectre:
I hope this teaches people who love fake giveaways some lesson.

what's your point please? angry ,

how are they supposed to love fake giveaways?

Who doesn't love giveaways?

How should they have known it was a fake giveaway?

Just because you came across this news early doesn't mean you couldn't have fallen victim to it yourself.
Infant as far as I'm concerned this should tell shoprite that they need to organise a true giveaway for the 15th anniversary

4 Likes

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by AmadorSays: 6:25am On Jul 13, 2019
The intelligence Nigerians use to deceive other gullible Nigerians is out of this world, I never saw this coming. How could someone pull such a scam on Nigerians using such a prominent supermarket? Wow! Only God knows how much the scammers would have made had they pulled through with this scam.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by tafat: 6:36am On Jul 13, 2019
Internet scam is becoming so rampant these days which makes me think twice before clicking any link I see, most especially on social networks like twitter and facebook. Some even have the guts to be sending you private messages and once you click the link BOOM!! Your account will be hacked. Thanks to shoprite for their stand on this, they made notice of it early and are warning the public, that's really good of them cos so many people would have ditched shoprite for good had they been scammed in the process.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by tafat: 6:37am On Jul 13, 2019
Iceman296:
How do people even fall for such scams? Especially when you don't read or hear from the company's authorized source.
good question, people need to learn how to confirm the source of any information before taking actions.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by tafat: 6:41am On Jul 13, 2019
AmadorSays:
The intelligence Nigerians use to deceive other gullible Nigerians is out of this world, I never saw this coming. How could someone pull such a scam on Nigerians using such a prominent supermarket? Wow! Only God knows how much the scammers would have made had they pulled through with this scam.
i dey tell you guy, i wonder why they won't put such intelligence into something else, something I'm sure will even give them more money than what ever scam they intend doing.
Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by investigator007: 6:51am On Jul 13, 2019
It's not surprising to be seeing such posts because Nigeria on its own sef is a big scam. Another scam you need to take note of is the job scams where you see posts telling you that you can make close to 20k daily, bros if you see this anywhere please run. It's a bigggggg SCAM!

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by investigator007: 6:52am On Jul 13, 2019
tafat:
Internet scam is becoming so rampant these days which makes me think twice before clicking any link I see, most especially on social networks like twitter and facebook. Some even have the guts to be sending you private messages and once you click the link BOOM!! Your account will be hacked. Thanks to shoprite for their stand on this, they made notice of it early and are warning the public, that's really good of them cos so many people would have ditched shoprite for good had they been scammed in the process.
true and the annoying thing is that when you think the people who use internet should be smarter, you find out that they are the ones that easily fall for things like this.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by sureinfo: 6:58am On Jul 13, 2019
Nice one @op for a post like this, but the question is what are the security agencies doing to tackle issues like these? can't these people be tracked down and arrested

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by AmadorSays: 7:08am On Jul 13, 2019
tafat:
i dey tell you guy, i wonder why they won't put such intelligence into something else, something I'm sure will even give them more money than what ever scam they intend doing.
yes they may be intelligent but you have to understand that many of them are just very lazy, looking for the easiest way out.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by AmadorSays: 7:11am On Jul 13, 2019
sureinfo:
Nice one @op for a post like this, but the question is what are the security agencies doing to tackle such cases like these, can't these people be tracked down and jailed
i think you're underestimating how smart these guys are, they can even scam the security agencies themselves grin

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by thatkindthing: 7:13am On Jul 13, 2019
This Nigeria sef, wetin pesin no go see for this country

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by thatkindthing: 7:13am On Jul 13, 2019
selfdefence:
Scammers everywhere looking for the slightest opportunity to waylay naive Nigerians, I don't even blame them, I blame Buhari and the poor economical situation of this country that has brought about all these evil vices.
wetin you dey talk, how this one come take concern Buhari now

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by thatkindthing: 7:15am On Jul 13, 2019
investigator007:
It's not surprising to be seeing such posts because Nigeria on its own sef is a big scam. Another scam you need to take note of is the job scams where you see posts telling you that you can make close to 20k daily, bros if you see this anywhere please run. It's a bigggggg SCAM!
I've seen such posts too, reason I didnt fall for it was I felt it was too good to be true, but you have to know that there are jobs that actually pay that much daily

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by investigator007: 7:22am On Jul 13, 2019
thatkindthing:
I've seen such posts too, reason I didnt fall for it was I felt it was too good to be true, but you have to know that there are jobs that actually pay that much daily
please Oga where are those kind of jobs, I'm looking for one

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by selfdefence: 7:25am On Jul 13, 2019
thatkindthing:
wetin you dey talk, how this one come take concern Buhari now
wetin you dey hear? How e take no concern Buhari? Is it not the hardship in the country that has made a lot of people indulge in such crimes? Please think before you talk

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by selfdefence: 7:28am On Jul 13, 2019
investigator007:
please Oga where are those kind of jobs, I'm looking for one
free this guy, him no know wetin him dey talk sef

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam by Dandsome: 7:30am On Jul 13, 2019
saxby:
I thought I was the only one, I asked the same question too when I saw the post

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OPay Warns Customers Against Cryptocurrency And Virtual Currency Trading / NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? / Paypal Or Mastercard/ Visa Card With Nigerian Billing Address Mostly Unaccepted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.