Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:55 AM

10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) (32783 Views)

All You Need To Know About Acne, Pimples, Blackheads Etc! / 5 False Beliefs About Acne / Acne Facts: What You Need To Know About Acne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by kernniejay(m): 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

I got tired of mods hiding my stories. I might create a blog soon just to put the stories up.

I am not so keen on monetizing my skills, i just enjoy brightening people's moods and

surprising my own self (i hardly know how the story would go and end when i start).
My mood really gets brightened up with your humour and thrills. I am sure there will be others too who enjoy the suspense laden plots.
Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
lipsrsealed

Many years back, a GF told me semen cures it.

Her ex BF obviously fooled her into facials.

May God forgive the lies and sins of Men cheesy

PS - I hope Nigeria makes the final of AFCON, i have a good story lined up.
what's my share from the betting? Let me start praying for u
Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by tfash96(m): 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2019
Acne/pimples sha d tin craze gan e craze pass dandruff/crawcraw if person no dey careful e go use 40 years appear on person body .. Person wey old wella fit die with am sef grin grin
Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by chibike69: 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
lipsrsealed

Many years back, a GF told me semen cures it.

Her ex BF obviously fooled her into facials.

May God forgive the lies and sins of Men cheesy

PS - I hope Nigeria makes the final of AFCON, i have a good story lined up.

The memoirs of the faceless man

kudos
Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by Lumina1702(m): 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2019
U didn't include chewing of groundnuts as a major cause of acne...I ignored that line of thought because I couldn't do without g-nut while soaking...

Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by Bjorn69: 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2019
Please add this one "Lack of sex do not cause acne "
Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by koboko69: 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2019
This one nor know anything. Let me eat groundnut or eat suya that has fats or asun. Watch me break out this next morning.
Stress also causes it. Abeg carry this yeye article put for dustbin
Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by LINTUNE(m): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2019
Kenturkey048:
I dey your lane oooh ..just yesterday I was asking my colleagues to pray for me....pimples wan do me reach 30years...I don taya...somebody introduced me to a face cream.just started using it yesterday...I pray it works shaaa...
dude try damatol, u will thank me later.. I give u one week
Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by Kenturkey048(m): 1:50pm On Jul 13, 2019
LINTUNE:
dude try damatol, u will thank me later.. I give u one week
brother I don use damatol...I no know wether my own na from blood...
Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by LINTUNE(m): 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2019
Kenturkey048:
brother I don use damatol...I no know wether my own na from blood...
lol.. That's strange... Damatol is very effective o, wonder why it doesn't work on urs... I don't have acne but I apply it always at night.. U can't see even one dent on my face, face as fresh as Bleep! smiley
Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by roaaluminium: 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2019
Ladies & Gentleman
Rock of Ages Aluminium Company.
rockofagesaluminium@gmail.com
ALUMINIUM WINDOWS affordable price
Enquiries today
Call 08069609983 or WhatsApp
Thanks.

Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by WalkerMichael(m): 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
wash ur face with ur normal bath soap or get “Clean and Clear Morning Burst” and warm water. The warm water is to melt the whitish stuff and make them wash off. Warm water with soap also cleans the facial pores better.

What kind of normal bath soap can you recommend?
Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by WalkerMichael(m): 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
wash ur face with ur normal bath soap or get “Clean and Clear Morning Burst” and warm water. The warm water is to melt the whitish stuff and make them wash off. Warm water with soap also cleans the facial pores better.

Or which of the clean and Clear Morning Burst is it?

Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by nkechiasogwa(f): 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2019
Please what is the name of the face cream?[right][/right]
Kenturkey048:
I dey your lane oooh ..just yesterday I was asking my colleagues to pray for me....pimples wan do me reach 30years...I don taya...somebody introduced me to a face cream.just started using it yesterday...I pray it works shaaa...
Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 13, 2019
WalkerMichael:

What kind of normal bath soap can you recommend?
use the the facial scrub variant if you can’t get the one below. Also ensure the water is very warm but not so warm to burn your skin oo I no Dey ooo grin

For the normal soap I mean ur regular bath soap as I won’t advise u use the clean and clear everyday. Once a day for first three days then reduce the frequency to once in 3 days. Use the regular soap with warm water on other days.

Also those stuff come out mostly on cold days I suppose.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by BigBrother9ja: 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2019
[s]
JayKayMaybachz:
There are plenty of misconceptions out there regarding acne causes and development. Understanding acne means sorting through fact and fiction.

Many of the beliefs we hold about the causes of acne are actually myths. Let's take a look and uncover the truth about what really causes acne and what doesn't.
Acne [Pimples] is a disorder of the pilosebaceous unit, or what we commonly call the hair follicle or pore.

Excess oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria become trapped within the follicle, creating an impaction. If the follicle wall ruptures, inflammation occurs and a pimple is created.

1) Diet causes acne

Contrary to popular believe, no proof has been found that acne is caused by a diet. Chocolate causing acne is the most common misconception there is about acne. Several scientific studies have been performed on this subject, but none of them could confirm this theory. Other food like sugar oil, milk and seafood are not known to cause acne.

2) Popping pimples helps.

Popping pimples will not help you to get rid of them. They might go away for a few hours, but will always come back worse. If you pop a pimple you are opening the wound so bacteria and dirt can get in to cause redness and infections.

3) Washing your face helps fights acne.

Washing your face will get your face clean of dirt, but it will also dry out and irritate your skin. So wash your face at most twice a day with a gentle soap and do not rub it clean or dry to avoid irritating the skin.

4) Only teenagers have acne.

Most teenagers have acne and in most cases these problems will clear up when they reach their 20s, but some people still have acne problems when they are 30 or 40.

5) The sun will clear your acne.

The sun might help clear your acne on the short term, because it will dry the skin. But it is not a good remedy for acne on the long run. Usually your acne will come back after a while and probably will be worse. Best way is to protect your skin by using sunscreen.

6) Makeup gets you acne.

Choose makeup that is non-acnegenic or non-comedogenic, so they won't clog your pores. For people with severe acne, best is not to use makeup at all. If you're not sure about what cosmetics to use consult your dermatologist or doctor.

7) You can stop medication ones your acne is cleared.

Don't stop your medication without consulting your doctor or dermatologist. If you stop your medication to soon, your acne might come back.

cool Stress causes acne.

Acne may cause stress, but not the other way around. Some stress medication may cause acne as a side effect. If you're not sure if your drug gives you acne, consult your doctor.

9) Acne can be cured.

No cure for acne has been found yet, but there are a lot of treatments available for reducing acne and acne scarring.

10) You can't help acne scarring.

The best way to prevent acne scarring is to prevent acne itself. If your treat your acne early and for as long as it takes, you can minimize scarring.

https://www.streetdirectory.com/etoday/the-10-most-common-misconceptions-about-acne-upppou.html

https://www.verywellhealth.com/top-acne-myths-15538
[/s]
complete rubbbish
Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by pinkpearl17(f): 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2019
I have seen people have significant improvement in the treatment of acne after quitting oily foods.
Stress can cause breakouts. Have you heard of hormonal acne?
Makeup can cause acne no matter how good the makeup is.
The bacteria that causes acne thrives in an anaerobic environment and when we apply makeup, our face cannot breathe, it depletes oxygen supply, thereby increasing the risk of a breakout.

I can go on and on to dispute all you wrote but let's leave it herd
Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by archat: 6:43pm On Jul 13, 2019
HOW give me a scientific proove cmon gist me
Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by Hotfreezers: 6:19am On Jul 28, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

Bro, you mentioned me in a thread a few days ago on opening a blog.

I have thought about it back and forth and I'll say you can actually reach much more people if you use twitter.

The thing with blogs is that other people would copy your stories and paste it on their blogs. Some of them would even paste it here on Nairaland. Seen this happen severally.

If you know how to use twitter, you can make your stories into threads with the necessary gifs and people from everywhere would read and comment. Your stories will go far and you'll have tons of interested followers.

Once you have interested readers, you can then put your stories in blogs and put links for people to read.

If you want monetize your stories on twitter, you can write on experiences people have using various brands. Small time, you'll be billing millions to write on concepts like Bro. Thomas for Union Bank and Co.

To open a blog, you'll need to purchase a domain name and hosting from any of the registrars like Qservers (Naija) Bluehost (US), Godaddy, etc. Then you'll be sent an email containing access codes to your Cpanel.

Thereafter, you would need to install WordPress and select a suitable theme. Then, you have your blog.

If you can use twitter, save yourself the stress and gain traction on twitter. It's better.

You see this Nairaland, let those interested in banning posters keep banning. In the real world, they are losers who are intellectually inferior to you and can't stand up to you. Go and see pictures of some of them in their raggedy parties and meetups. You'll pity them.
Re: 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) by Dinah247: 12:07am On Jun 26, 2020
realstars:

Your Reseach is far beyond fasting things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbsKfWnZUpM

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meningitis Outbreak In 16 States In Nigeria. See Affected States / Taiwan Man Suffers Painful Erection For A Week, Has Half Of Joystick Amputated / What Is This White Spots On My Penis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.