Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? (11485 Views)

Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Air Force Base In Greece (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by tmphoto(m): 9:48am On Jan 23, 2020
I also want to study there for my undergraduate course, which school would anyone suggest that I apply for and their visa requirements
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Pearlina20(f): 4:32pm On Jan 26, 2020
Please I'm very interested sir
Sunshinestarr:
After much effort and anxiety, I got my National Visa to Greece and it's going to two months now that I arrived the Land of the Greeks.
When I have the time, I will share my experience trying to obtain a Schegen visa in Nigeria.
In the meantime, questions are welcomed from anyone who is genuinely interested in international travel from Nigeria to other parts of the world for various reasons: study, tourism and immigration.
Thank you.
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by sudo1986: 2:18am On Feb 12, 2020
My people, the problem i am seeing here is that certificate of equivalent. That was how i lost my admission at University of Verona

I didnt know how to go about it.

Please for this Greece or Italy, if i want to do this certificate of equivalent from China, how do i do it.

I mean, I am currently in China. How will i do it here........
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by dotunfelix1: 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2020
Hey bro how far

Sunshinestarr:
After much effort and anxiety, I got my National Visa to Greece and it's going to two months now that I arrived the Land of the Greeks.
When I have the time, I will share my experience trying to obtain a Schegen visa in Nigeria.
In the meantime, questions are welcomed from anyone who is genuinely interested in international travel from Nigeria to other parts of the world for various reasons: study, tourism and immigration.
Thank you.
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Tubosun7(m): 1:54am On Feb 28, 2020
Sunshinestarr:
Masters in Greece

Are you interested in studying for Masters degree in Greece, one of the 28 EU countries and also one of the Schengen countries? If yes, then the following information is for you:

The higher education in Greece is provided by universities, technological educational institutes (T.E.I) and colleges. According to the Greek law, all the state-accredited universities are public.

Usually, it takes one or two years to complete a Master degree at a Greek education institution.

Language of study

Masters courses are offered in Greek or English and sometimes in a combination of both languages.

Admission requirements

The required documents depend on the institution and it is recommended you check the information about relevant university. However, you might need the following papers when applying for a Masters in Greece:

-Filled application form (downloadable at the university’s website)
-Bachelor degree in a similar discipline (certified copy of your degree/ transcripts)
-Academic reference
-English certificate (for programmes taught in English, depending on university)
-CV
-Passport photos
-Student visa (only for non-EU citizens)

Tuition fees in Greece

Greek public universities don't charge EU/EEA students for undergraduate studies. But students from Non-EU countries pay for their studies. Tuition fees for Masters programmes are usually between 2500 and 5000 euro in total. But you need to check with the university of your choice to be sure.

Finance your studies in Greece

The State Scholarship Foundation (IKY) offers financial assistance and scholarships for students with over-average performance.
As a foreign student, you would be able to find a part-time or a summer job to support your studies. However, this is not a popular practice in Greece as most universities do not have tuition fees.

Living costs in Greece

Costs of living are among the cheapest in Europe, which makes Greece one of the most affordable European countries for students. You will spend around 400-600 euro per month in total (inclusive accommodation). Accommodation costs vary by places, whereby Thessaloniki and Athens are the biggest cities, the best student locations and also the most expensive ones. A private one-room apartment costs around 250- 300 euro, but there are cheaper living options for students, such as sharing an apartment or renting a university dormitory.

So, if Greece is your choice, now is the time to begin your search for the masters programme of your choice.
please give me your email
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Tubosun7(m): 1:56am On Feb 28, 2020
Sunshinestarr:
Thank you.
please give me ur email i will like to get some information.mine is salamiolatubosun@gmail.com
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by worldbest101(m): 12:52am On Apr 11, 2020
How much does one need in his statement of account to apply for the visa.
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by oludolapoajayi: 10:17am On May 08, 2020
Good day, I applied for M.Sc in Business Analytics at Athens University of Econs & Bus. Pls I want to know basic information on studies in Greece such as part time jobs, scholarships or funding, living expenses. Please, I require the documents needed for a successful Greece study visa permit. Counting on your prompt response Bro. Kindly send these details to my email is oludolapoajayi@gmail.com. Thank you.

Sunshinestarr:

Yes, undergraduate programmes in Greece are taught in the Greek language.
That means, the applicant will first study Greek language for 8 months and sit for an examination at the end of the language programme. After passing the exam, he/she then proceed to the actual undergraduate study programme usually 4 years, depending on the course of study. There is cost attached to the programme. Except for the cost of the language programme, the undergraduate programme itself is free, there are no charges for undergraduate studies in Greece. Students may be able to get free meals and free accommodation in the university when they start their undergraduate programme proper. Applicants apply through the ministry of Education once a year. Announcements are made when the application period opens every year. Applicants can now apply online.
About visa issues, I will not speak here because there are some confidential information that cannot be given here. You may leave your email-address here so that I can get back to you on that privately.
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Sunshinestarr: 8:45am On Jul 16, 2020
Online application for undergraduate study in Greece opened on 14/07/2020 and ends 20/07/2020.

Check this link: http://exams-foreigner.it.minedu.gov.g

You have to act fast if you are really interested.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by judecares1(m): 8:27pm On Jul 24, 2020
How is your application process going? I applied to this school as well but different course.
Have you been interviewed?
Can you please update us and if possibly, can a WhatsApp group be created?

oludolapoajayi:
Good day, I applied for M.Sc in Business Analytics at Athens University of Econs & Bus. Pls I want to know basic information on studies in Greece such as part time jobs, scholarships or funding, living expenses. Please, I require the documents needed for a successful Greece study visa permit. Counting on your prompt response Bro. Kindly send these details to my email is oludolapoajayi@gmail.com. Thank you.

Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by damdam2018: 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2020
hello , please i have just received an offer of admission, can you please email me about visa processes etc , my email is damilolabiola@gmail.com or send me your email address. thank you.
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Sunshinestarr: 11:51am On Sep 01, 2020
ay.dot@yahoo.com
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by mrboluu: 10:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
I have an admission for undergraduate please can you tell me the visa process and requirements
boluadetayo1@gmail.com. Thanks in advance1
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Takadboi(m): 5:29pm On Oct 27, 2020
Sunshinestarr:

Undergraduate or postgraduate?
I sent you a mail reply pls
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Sunshinestarr: 1:29pm On Oct 31, 2020
Takadboi:

I sent you a mail reply pls
ok
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by OldGuard: 5:58pm On May 06, 2021
Sunshinestarr:
Undergraduate Admission - Greece

The application procedure for admission to higher education in Greece of foreigners of non-Greek origin is supported electronically by an information system, which becomes available during the specified dates (June/July). Find the link here: https://exams-foreigner.it.minedu.gov.gr/ Application for 2019/2020 is over.

Candidates submit their documents to the Ministry of National Education and Religious Affairs and fill in the candidate’s application entry form, stating the Faculties and the Departments they prefer.

The candidate, after the electronic submission, shall send the following documents:

one (1) signed copy of Application (PRINTED BY THE ELECTRONIC SYSTEM)

one (1) signed copy of the Official Statement (PRINTED BY THE ELECTRONIC SYSTEM)

one (1) photocopy of the certificate of equivalence and correspondence of the candidate’s graduation certificate, issued by the Directorate of Greek studies abroad, intercultural education, foreigner minority schools of the Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs, or by the Directorate of Secondary Education or by the Counsellors at the Education Offices of the Greek Embassies as well as a certificate of his/her total marks average, issued by the Directorate of Greek studies abroad, intercultural education, foreigner minority schools of the Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs, or by the Directorate of Secondary Education or by the Counsellors at the Education Offices of the Greek Embassies. The total marks average should be issued on a 0-20 mark scale, 20 being the top mark and 0 the lowest mark.

A photocopy of the graduation certificate with his official translation by the official authorities, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Embassy or the Consulate of the foreign country in Greece or a Greek Lawyer, according to the new lawyer’s Code (art.36, Law 4194/2013-FEK 208/A/27.09.2013)

one (1) ID card type photograph

one (1) photocopy of passport or ID card or other documents with a photograph, that certifies the identity of the candidate.

AFTER THE DEADLINE, THE ELECTRONIC SYSTEM IS LOCKED AND NO PARTICIPATION WILL BE ACCEPTED.

Results are announced in the Ministry of Education website by entering their Candidate Code and their initials (Surname, Name, Father’s Name, and Mother’s name).

(Copied & adapted)

I'm interested in this years' Undergraduate programme
Please do drop link when it starts I will be checking daily for it
Thanks
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by 4everEdward(m): 10:51am On May 07, 2021
sudo1986:
My people, the problem i am seeing here is that certificate of equivalent. That was how i lost my admission at University of Verona

I didnt know how to go about it.

Please for this Greece or Italy, if i want to do this certificate of equivalent from China, how do i do it.

I mean, I am currently in China. How will i do it here........

you willl do it when you have arrived the country.........
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by OldGuard: 1:52pm On May 07, 2021
4everEdward:

you willl do it when you have arrived the country.........

Are you in Greece bro
I need info concerning their visa requirements
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Nobody: 12:25am On May 15, 2021
Sunshinestarr:

ok
Please can I send you a pm?
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Aremoola(m): 8:29am On May 11, 2022
Good morning, please I have been given a conditional postgraduate admission in a Greece school and I need further information and guidance. My email: raphavour@gmail.com
Please be of assistance.

Sunshinestarr:

Let me clarify what I said about visa matters that generally on the issue of visa, the documents required are the most common ones/processes that most people know: authentication and legalisation of O level certificate, police report, travel insurance,, bank statement etc. I am willing to answer openly here general questions about visa and documents needed but when the issue concerns some clever moves that you need to use to ensure you get the visa, I will only answer such questions privately.
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by helppartner: 10:22pm On Jul 05, 2022
If you're looking for how to authenticate or evaluate your documents In Nigeria,
You don't need any agent to go through this for you!

This video is detailed enough to help you go through the process By YOURSELF on your phone.

Don't let anyone bill you for simple things you can do by yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDS4bdlu2r8
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Federalofficia(m): 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2022
Please I will like to know more about master program on any social sciences course in Greece I study sociology here my mail is amoosulyman7@gmail.com
Sunshinestarr:
Masters in Greece

Are you interested in studying for Masters degree in Greece, one of the 28 EU countries and also one of the Schengen countries? If yes, then the following information is for you:

The higher education in Greece is provided by universities, technological educational institutes (T.E.I) and colleges. According to the Greek law, all the state-accredited universities are public.

Usually, it takes one or two years to complete a Master degree at a Greek education institution.

Language of study

Masters courses are offered in Greek or English and sometimes in a combination of both languages.

Admission requirements

The required documents depend on the institution and it is recommended you check the information about relevant university. However, you might need the following papers when applying for a Masters in Greece:

-Filled application form (downloadable at the university’s website)
-Bachelor degree in a similar discipline (certified copy of your degree/ transcripts)
-Academic reference
-English certificate (for programmes taught in English, depending on university)
-CV
-Passport photos
-Student visa (only for non-EU citizens)

Tuition fees in Greece

Greek public universities don't charge EU/EEA students for undergraduate studies. But students from Non-EU countries pay for their studies. Tuition fees for Masters programmes are usually between 2500 and 5000 euro in total. But you need to check with the university of your choice to be sure.

Finance your studies in Greece

The State Scholarship Foundation (IKY) offers financial assistance and scholarships for students with over-average performance.
As a foreign student, you would be able to find a part-time or a summer job to support your studies. However, this is not a popular practice in Greece as most universities do not have tuition fees.

Living costs in Greece

Costs of living are among the cheapest in Europe, which makes Greece one of the most affordable European countries for students. You will spend around 400-600 euro per month in total (inclusive accommodation). Accommodation costs vary by places, whereby Thessaloniki and Athens are the biggest cities, the best student locations and also the most expensive ones. A private one-room apartment costs around 250- 300 euro, but there are cheaper living options for students, such as sharing an apartment or renting a university dormitory.

So, if Greece is your choice, now is the time to begin your search for the masters programme of your choice.
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by judecares1(m): 10:09pm On Jul 24, 2022
Are you currently admitted or just seeking for information?

Federalofficia:
Please I will like to know more about master program on any social sciences course in Greece I study sociology here my mail is amoosulyman7@gmail.com
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Federalofficia(m): 10:31pm On Jul 24, 2022
Seeking for information and again I have 2:2
judecares1:
Are you currently admitted or just seeking for information?

Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by judecares1(m): 9:41am On Jul 25, 2022
admission process is over unless next year

Federalofficia:
Seeking for information and again I have 2:2
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Federalofficia(m): 10:30pm On Jul 25, 2022
Alright thank you, please you can still keep me updated for the coming one
judecares1:
admission process is over unless next year

Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by coolqayy(m): 6:47pm On Jul 27, 2022
Is there any UK or EU resident present I have a job for you £500 - £1,000 a month. DM if you are interested. You can work remotely and you don't have to quit your present job.

Seriously. 081 5656 1583

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by judecares1(m): 11:29pm On Sep 23, 2022
Good

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by thegeniusoye(m): 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2022
How is the process? How and when did you go about it. Can we chat on Whatsapp 08132702245
judecares1:
Good evening all

Thank God � that have successfully secured my study visa to Greece
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by judecares1(m): 8:35pm On Sep 25, 2022
Fo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Portugal Visa Lagos / From Lagos To Calabar Is How Many Hours By Road??? / I Got My Uk Student Visa In 4 Working Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.