Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,214 members, 7,811,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi (17926 Views)

'I Am Confident To Turn The Situation Around' - Chelsea Keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga / AFCON 2019 : SEE The Abia State Born That Made Nigerians Proud(Photo) / 12 Reasons The Super Eagles Will Go Far In Russia 2018 World Cup- Sunday Folayan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by actiondrilling: 6:16am On Jul 14, 2019
Nigeria is dreaming of a fourth title in the history of the continent’s flagship football competition. The Eagles are in the semifinal of the Egypt 2019 Total Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) billed for today at the Cairo International Stadium. Nigeria’s star, Alex Iwobi spoke to CAFOnline.com on his vision of the current tournament and what he expects for Nigeria.

How do you see the current AFCON and the competing sides till now?

The competition is very good from the technical aspect and we saw many surprises as the premature exit of big guns like Egypt and Morocco. For us we have great confidence in ourselves to go till the very end and I believe we can make a great feat for our country and ourselves.

You said you were surprised seeing Egypt and Morocco crashing out early. Do you see this good for your chances in winning the title?

Actually, it was sad to see big teams leaving, especially hosts, Egypt. It’s disappointing for the supporters and the team that has many talented players. But we are not thinking this way. We have to focus on ourselves and give our best. We are confident we can go far and make Nigeria proud

What’s your ambition with Nigeria in this AFCON and beyond?

For long time now I’ve been dreaming of winning this very important title with my team. I hope we can achieve this year’s edition and even if we didn’t do that this time, we can achieve more in the future because we are a young team that includes many talents, who have a brilliant future. I’m positive we can do something great together in the coming years.

How do you feel being in Egypt, and what do you think of the organisational aspect?

This is not my first time in Egypt. It’s a beautiful country and people are just awesome and very helpful. The organisation is very good and everyone here is treating us in a friendly way. I can tell everyone to come to Egypt and enjoy his stay here. For me the AFCON organisation is amazing. Everything is available and we are very happy here.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/were-confident-to-go-far-and-make.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by uchaymart(m): 6:22am On Jul 14, 2019
So shall it be grin grin

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Young03(m): 6:28am On Jul 14, 2019
prayers no reach am

play better ball cos Algeria get better players than Nigeria

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Oche211(m): 6:49am On Jul 14, 2019
Super eagles is winning this. Naija all the way.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Oche211(m): 6:52am On Jul 14, 2019
Young03:
prayers no reach am

Una don start again. Which kind of better players has Algeria got that's better than Nigeria's players.
You can compare their tactical play and not their players.
We clearly have better players.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by BabaIbo: 7:00am On Jul 14, 2019
Alright, all the best to the team...

BTW, Please who get better game, I wan try this be.tting of a thing today.
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Onlinealaba(m): 7:01am On Jul 14, 2019
In some few hours time our fate will be determined...Go eagles we are soldily behind una. Nigeria will qualify with a lone goal ure free to quote me
check my signature

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by smithes: 7:03am On Jul 14, 2019
Go SE
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Starboytwo(m): 7:03am On Jul 14, 2019
We are winning 3-1
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by fguyy(m): 7:05am On Jul 14, 2019
Iseee.....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by tsinzu: 7:06am On Jul 14, 2019
Please make us proud o

2 Likes

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by lilfreezy: 7:08am On Jul 14, 2019
You Guys should make us proud today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKAEJ6mRgKY
Nigeria vs Algeria : 2018World Cup qualifier

How i wish they can just play my guy onyekuru in the musa position cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwLbYXVJN9k

Chukwueze must pepper them today cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPhEJBIy-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1eYUhfb_04

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Kenturkey048(m): 7:09am On Jul 14, 2019
Young03:
prayers no reach am

oga na fat lie...which Algeria get better players than Nigeria...una don come...

11 Likes

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by clive2u(m): 7:10am On Jul 14, 2019
Don't you think we'll be more proud if you use all these money you're receiving to buy recharge cards and do fastest finger on nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by sapeleboi(m): 7:12am On Jul 14, 2019
Young03:
prayers no reach am

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Emu4life(m): 7:14am On Jul 14, 2019
Iwobi Nigeria Iwobi Arsenal Gunners for life

3 Likes

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by chiboy1116: 7:15am On Jul 14, 2019
Oche211:

Una don start again. Which kind of better players has Algeria got that's better than Nigeria's players.
You can compare their tactical play and not their players.
they have more players in the top five league , slimani , ghoulam,riyad,brahimi , feghouli, ounas.
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by XwhY(m): 7:16am On Jul 14, 2019
Go eagles
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Oche211(m): 7:17am On Jul 14, 2019
chiboy1116:
they have more players in the top five league , slimani , ghoulam,riyad,brahimi , feghouli, ounas.
and what about Nigeria?
So na local players we carry from NPFL abi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by zeusdgrt(m): 7:21am On Jul 14, 2019
Better play well
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by mayorsweet(m): 7:22am On Jul 14, 2019
Young03:
prayers no reach am

That's not true. Can u even mention 5 Algerian players aside from Mahrez and Feghouli? Bad belle grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by namiji2598: 7:27am On Jul 14, 2019
Go go chukwueze and co
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by namiji2598: 7:28am On Jul 14, 2019
mayorsweet:
That's not true. Can u even mention 5 Algerian players aside from Mahrez and Feghouli? Bad belle grin
no Nigerian player is comparable to Mahrez sir, check the top ten goal scorers at of now, and u can see that almost 5 are from Algeria, check the number of goals conceded as of now and it will show up how strong their defence line is, Nigerian players are popular to u because u only watch Nigerian games, anyway Nigeria for the win

5 Likes

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:31am On Jul 14, 2019
Nice one Iwobi

1 Like

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Jamestown123: 7:33am On Jul 14, 2019
Young03:
prayers no reach am

No be only....
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Altern8(m): 7:39am On Jul 14, 2019
If only Iwobi could be consistent, he would grow to be a Legend. The guy has huge potentials.

4 Likes

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Sunnycliff(m): 7:42am On Jul 14, 2019
Go for Gold Eagles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 14, 2019
chiboy1116:

Apart from marez non of those players play in the top 5 leagues
Stop misleading people

2 Likes

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Micah70(m): 7:46am On Jul 14, 2019
Nigeria lost. Algeria will take proper care of our madness.
Algeria 2 Vs Nigeria 1
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by letilex: 7:49am On Jul 14, 2019
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by lilfreezy: 7:54am On Jul 14, 2019
kenddys:

Apart from marez non of those players play in the top 5 leagues
Stop misleading people

Let me help him....
Gk:
Alexandre Oukidja (Metz France)

DF:
Aissa Mandi (Real Betis, Spain),
Mehdi Zeffane (Rennes, France),
Ramy Bensebaini (Rennes, France),
Rafik Halliche (Moreirense, Portugal),
Mehdi Tahrat (Lens, France)

MF:
Ismail Bennacer (Empoli, Italy),
Mehdi Abeid (Dijon, France),
Sofiane Feghouli (Galatasary, Turkey),

FW:

Adam Ounas (Napoli, Italy),
Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City, England),
Islam Slimani (Fenerbahce, Turkey),
Yacine Brahimi (Porto, Portugal)

However we are still the better side. I prefer playing Algeria than ivory Coast

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beijing Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony In Pictures / Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night / Carrick To Lead United Against Arsenal Following Rangnick's Work Visa Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.