Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,330 members, 7,826,310 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi (17938 Views)

'I Am Confident To Turn The Situation Around' - Chelsea Keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga / AFCON 2019 : SEE The Abia State Born That Made Nigerians Proud(Photo) / 12 Reasons The Super Eagles Will Go Far In Russia 2018 World Cup- Sunday Folayan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by namiji2598: 9:56am On Jul 14, 2019
mansakhalifa:

What sort of argument is this? Opened on rather flawed note. Few days back, no South African player "was comparable" to Sallah. He was bread, butter and milk! Egyptian Messi, even. At the end of 90 minutes, football showed us that it wasn't about the name or the individual.

Tell you what, there is a reason the ball is round.
on a normal day is there any player u can compare to salah Sometimes u should use Ur sense, have u seen a place where I have ever said no Nigerian player is comparable to SA playersmaybe next time u should try to hold the names of those people who have said those things before u comes on to my comments to quote.... We all know that players like salah, mahrez, mane are the best players in Africa at the moment, so why trying to drag I never said Algeria will win Nigeria if u Check my comments well
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by kingkuntaval: 10:05am On Jul 14, 2019
Oche211:

Una don start again. Which kind of better players has Algeria got that's better than Nigeria's players.
You can compare their tactical play and not their players.
We clearly have better players.

We have better players than Algeria?
Abeg pass me your weed man number...

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by tarboshi(m): 10:11am On Jul 14, 2019
lilfreezy:

How i wish they can just play my guy onyekuru in the musa position

He can sub Igalo in the second half but definitely not Musa.
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by lilfreezy: 10:15am On Jul 14, 2019
tarboshi:

He can sub Igalo in the second half but definitely not Musa.
The problem i have with musa is that he's a very poor crosser and passer of the ball. Musa will do all the good sprinting and dribbling only to pass anyhow hoping someone might get the ball. He's even scared of shooting unlike he did in Russia. Saudi Arabia is affecting the guy

2 Likes

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Americanboy35: 11:08am On Jul 14, 2019
Pls when is the time of the match in Nigeria?
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by orble: 11:24am On Jul 14, 2019
namiji2598:
no Nigerian player is comparable to Mahrez sir, check the top ten goal scorers at of now, and u can see that almost 5 are from Algeria, check the number of goals conceded as of now and it will show up how strong their defence line is, Nigerian players are popular to u because u only watch Nigerian games, anyway Nigeria for the win

Common sense they say it not common
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by SoNature(m): 11:34am On Jul 14, 2019
Young03:
prayers no reach am

play better ball cos Algeria get better players than Nigeria

Really? I never saw South Africa as a match to Nigeria because they play slow-pace game like Nigeria.

Nigeria always struggle with all the North African sides, except Tunisia.

I think the reason is that those teams always play fast game.

Truly, Nigeria's pattern of play is not only slow, but they seem to become helpless when they meet teams that play fast game.
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by maxwell530(m): 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
mansakhalifa:

One plays in the Qatari league. One of their strikers. A host of them play in the Middle East. I don't know what the guys like the one you mentioned/quoted are talking about here. Honestly.
where does musa, ighalo,mikel,akpeyi play?
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by gunnygoke: 12:46pm On Jul 14, 2019
Eagles for life go for gold just scared of this Egypt
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by SmartyPants(m): 12:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
chiboy1116:
they have more players in the top five league , slimani , ghoulam,riyad,brahimi , feghouli, ounas.

Which leagues do

Aina
Omeruo
Ekong
Balogun
Iwobi
Chukwueze
Simon

Play in? Let me help you.. They are all in the big 3!

BTW Brahimi last played in Porto and Feghouli is playing in Turkey!
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by chiboy1116: 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
mansakhalifa:

Top 5 leagues don't play football. Otherwise, Egypt would have walloped SA. Tell you what, this game is 50-50. Top 5 leagues be hanged. It's 11 against 11 here.
Egypt has like 3 players from the top 5 League.
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by chiboy1116: 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2019
kenddys:

Apart from marez non of those players play in the top 5 leagues
Stop misleading people
u obviously know nothing about football then . grin
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by chiboy1116: 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
SmartyPants:

Which leagues do

Aina
Omeruo
Ekong
Balogun
Iwobi
Chukwueze
Simon

Play in? Let me help you.. They are all in the big 3!

BTW Brahimi last played in Porto and Feghouli is playing in Turkey!
okay
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Unrated900(m): 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
Oche211:

Una don start again. Which kind of better players has Algeria got that's better than Nigeria's players.
You can compare their tactical play and not their players.
We clearly have better players.

Na you gan gan start again
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Unrated900(m): 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2019
Where are the bet9ja fix matches.

Criminals.
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by chizzyreal: 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2019
Omo Igbo lowa grin grin
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
chiboy1116:
u obviously know nothing about football then . grin

So turkey and Portugal are among the top 5 leagues

Na wa oh
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 14, 2019
maxwell530:
where does musa, ighalo,mikel,akpeyi play?

Mikel played in England last season and will be playing in turkey next
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2019
SoNature:

Really? I never saw South Africa as a match to Nigeria because they play slow-pace game like Nigeria.

Nigeria always struggle with all the North African sides, except Tunisia.

I think the reason is that those teams always play fast game.

Truly, Nigeria's pattern of play is not only slow, but they seem to become helpless when they meet teams that play fast game.

Algeria that could not beat us last year or Egypt we beat recently or is it the Libya we beat home and away

Which NA side are you referring to?

2 Likes

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by mediocre(m): 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2019
MrFly:
Iwobi is a good player but if he barbs his hair, it will enhance his movement on the field of play.
funniest shít I've read today
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by mediocre(m): 1:26pm On Jul 14, 2019
kenddys:

Algeria that could not beat us last year or Egypt we beat recently or is it the Libya we beat home and away

This is a very different Algerian team, they're much better than they were last year
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by chiboy1116: 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2019
kenddys:

So turkey and Portugal are among the top 5 leagues

Na wa oh
where does ghoulam play? Ounas ?
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
mediocre:
This is a very different Algerian team, they're much better than they were last year

So you are indicating then that we are worse than we were last year

1 Like

Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by mediocre(m): 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2019
kenddys:

So you are indicating then that we are worse than we were last year
No, they are just much better
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by maxwell530(m): 2:33pm On Jul 14, 2019
kenddys:

Mikel played in England last season and will be playing in turkey next
turkey? So why are you looking down on the Algerians playing in turkey while Nigerian captain is on his way to the same Turkish league. Super Eagles best attackers are playing in Saudi Arabia and China, the best keeper is playing in south Africa league, not even with the best club in south Africa sef.

When it comes to squad quality, Algeria is currently better. As far as this tournament is concern, Algeria is the best team so far. If I'm not mistaken, they have scored 10 goals and conceed just once in this tournament.
The only advantage I see super Eagles having over them is the fatigue and injuries to some of their key players.
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by maxwell530(m): 2:39pm On Jul 14, 2019
kenddys:

last year? Teams can lose form or get better in the space of 1month not to talk of 1year (12 months)
Brazil of last 2 years couldn't beat Argentina but if Brazil play Argentina every week now, a day old baby will predict the results correctly.

Form is the key bro
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by bleskid: 3:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
Young03:
prayers no reach am

play better ball cos Algeria get better players than Nigeria
na only mahrez ooo guy
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Legendguru: 3:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
talk is cheap at this.point get the job done first
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by Kahujadekadura: 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
U guys will come back in disgrace.
Na carrying of cup way dey interest u guys.
Re: We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi by RTSC: 6:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
mediocre:
No, they are just much better
So by the time we beat them again this night,You would have to wait for the next afcon to hype them up again.

I remember how they were hyped during the qualifiers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Carrick To Lead United Against Arsenal Following Rangnick's Work Visa Issues / Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team / Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.