Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? - Jobs/Vacancies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? (48281 Views)

What Is The Highest Salary You Have Ever Received / What's The Worst Pay You Have Ever Received As A Writer? / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 21, 2019
TemmyWon:
So I attended a job interview at this school. I thought it was a good place judging by signboard only to get there and see the owner looking ragged with one horrible looking shoes. He kept talking and all about humble beginning, I told h he won't be able to pay me undecided
Lol, it’s possible you got this one wrong, they guy I work for dresses like a mad and never changes his shirt. But my salary has never been delayed for more tha 30 mins.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2019
Erums:

Ain't. Making sense sir... This thread is not for your kind... Just read on

He’s just thought you all of us a life lesson using his experience, if you don’t understand it ask someone to explain it might help you down the road.
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by Erums(m): 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2019
Netanyahu1:

He’s just thought you all of us a life lesson using his experience, if you don’t understand it ask someone to explain it might help you down the road.

Stfu
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by MoonWater: 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2019
chizidgreat:
Mine was last year in Port Harcourt o.
Finished my NYSC and needed an 'office' work to add to my little hustling.
Then, after submitting my CV in different schools and companies, I submitted to a security company too.
Omo, they called me immediately and training began, both lectures and practical training and punishments from soldier.
Then, after training, they told me what to submit, about 13 documents including an affidavit and two guarantor forms (you know why I'm telling you all these? Cos they say the pay ranges from 10k to 15k and son of man is submitting documents upon documents)
Well, I submitted, wrote exams and passed elegantly and waited to be called.
They did not call oh. Until later, I got another text from them to come for training.
I went back and explained that I have attended all the training and am waiting for job
They said they know but it's how they do it, they, that I will keep coming for training until there's an opening.
I looked at my NYSC certificate, looked at my beautifully Senate endorsed 2.1 certificate from UNN, looked at the innocent me that wants to do security work, checked my pocket and how much I spend from Agip to D- Line any day I go for training, looked at the thin old Akwaibom man at the reception; saluted him and the office and left.
Back home, I packed and left Port Harcourt for them, went back to Enugu and picked a M.Sc form
I'm happy to be back to school now sad
And security company is still sending message to their chi till today to come for training.
Mtcheeew
you made the right decision

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by chizidgreat(m): 11:02pm On Jul 21, 2019
MoonWater:
you made the right decision
Thank you o
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by Olamsoh: 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2019
shocked shocked
Erums:

Stfu
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2019
djoe21:

You should have started the car wash business.
You de mind am.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by LegitBoyy: 1:32pm On Jul 24, 2019
JennyOfOldstones:
I'm currently serving. When I was looking for a PPA, I and a friend went to look for a job at a military cantonment based on information we got that the military pays their lawyers well. We got there and we were told to wait to meet with their legal officer since they might have something for us. We were only able to meet with the officer 3 days later, after wasting transport money to come there and after waiting for hours on each of those days. We were told that there was an opening but we shouldn't expect to be paid more than 5k monthly(and my transport fare to the place is almost #800 daily).

Now, I work for a firm with a policy that corpers would be paid just the transport money they need to come to work for the month and nothing more. angry

Law firms are something else entirely. Guess you're serving in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by JennyOfOldstones(f): 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2019
LegitBoyy:

Law firms are something else entirely. Guess you're serving in Lagos.
IKR? I heard about other people's experience but really underestimated the situation. Yes, I serve in Lagos
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by djgreenland(m): 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2019
goshen26:

Yes, your own bode thomas
IMAGIA?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by Evangkatsoulis: 5:45pm On Jul 26, 2019
ThothHermes:
I had graduated and was waiting for induction. I needed money for clearance, suit and other stuff like mad so I was willing to do anything. After knocking on half the company doors in Apapa, my friend and I finally got "work" at Oxford factory; makers of the popular Cabin and Digestive biscuits.
Daily wage was 800. The work was evil. Six to six with a one hour break. Trying to keep up with machines for hours on end.
Every section of the factory was designed to kill. Packaging, mixing, stamping, name it. There was no end to it. The machines just wouldn't stop.
Work for 10 people would be assigned to three people.
Thunder fire those Indians and the Nigerians enabling them. Those bastards would still try to pay you less than the useless wage on one flimsy excuse or the other.
It was hell. The revolutionary in me always wanted to fight them. I felt so bad (still do) for the men and women would would still beg to do that dehumanizing work.
There was a limit to the number of workers needed each day so people were turned back when the limit was exceeded.
Come and see people's fathers and mothers begging to be enslaved. People dey suffer sha.
My friend had a 50kg ? bag of flour dropped on his neck from a storey by mistake. He complained for days. He is well built so it was nothing serious. Someone else would have landed in the hospital.

I will put a stop to all forms of slavery when I become Commander-in-Chief because that's what that was; and still is because I'm sure nothing has changed. I even hear it's worse in other factories.
Did I mention there was no limit to the number of biscuits you could consume grin grin
Ah! Na beta job be that.
The one I worked in Delta state was 616 naira per day 25-26 days a month. Same 12hours( 1 hr no-paid break).
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by Olamsoh: 12:12pm On Aug 05, 2019
angry angry
MrFly:
u were overpaid sef. Lol
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by Olamsoh: 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by Olamsoh: 8:40am On Dec 04, 2019
c'mon nah.
dedons:
As usual, I'm here to read lies.
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by OiOi: 6:01pm On Mar 16, 2021
OiOi:
Mine was in 300level back in 2013. I needed some money to finance my upkeep in school among other things. So one bright Sunday like that I journeyed to a estate dressing up cute as a fine boy.
I kept knocking on different gates. From one house to the other asking if there is any if there was any laundry they would like to do. Mostly I was attended to by the security guard and turned back. But I got to a madam's house who was ready to listen to me.
She said it's not advisable for an undergraduate to engage in such. Then she told me to sit at the gate man's side. She came out some minutes later and drove me to her fish meal factory.
My brothers! My sisters! I saw muscular men, the size of Brocklesner and Tripple H sweating as they were lifting heavy bags of soya beans. You need to see my stature which is in absolute contrast to those men. Am super thin and tall.

That was when she asked me if I will be able to work under pressure. I was thinking she wanted to make me the store keeper or manager. Till she asked if I can lift bags with those men for 2000 per day.
The devil and hunger in me almost wanted to make me say yes...
this is super storrrrrrrry.... A life of strife and sorrrrrrrrow... This is super stoooooohoryyyyy... Where the fishes cry and rivers die of thirstttttttttt
cc RealGboy I like your narrative skills. this is one of my little piece
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by Eagba(m): 4:58am On Sep 07, 2021
LordAdam16:

See this too many times, that maybe it's necessary to set the record straight.

Factory and warehouse jobs the world over are terrible. Go read accounts about minimum-wage workers in Amazon processing centers who have to pee in bottles to save time. That's a company with a $990b market cap.

This also explains why automation is seeing rapid growth in that sector, with the hope that the factories and warehouses of the future will not employ humans.

The question really is would you or anyone you know buy cabin biscuit for N40 apiece to help provide the "humane" working conditions you hastily propose for the factory workers? Or isn't this just the ironic conundrum that those who decry conditions regarded as representative of modern slavery are often the most price-conscious consumers.

Same individuals who'd go to a local eatery (commonly called mama put) and want a large serve of rice, beans, plantain, two large-sized cuts of meat all for less than $1 if possible. And then when they're told the worker is paid less than 10k monthly after "slaving" from 6 to 6, they begin fuming like they've ever tipped or make it a point to pay excess.

If you think you can run a factory that pays much better, gives lots of breaks, paid vacations, even maternity/paternity leave to low-skilled workers; while simultaneously offering low market price or even better undercutting the competition, paying off your double-digit loans timely, and providing double-digit returns to investors and shareholders; please write a business plan and I can guarantee you you'd become a billionaire in 5 years as capital will find you instead of the other way around.

Gala has been sold at 50 naira for over 10 years. In that same time minimum wage has risen from 9800 to 30000, and NGN/USD rate has risen from 100/$ to 360/$. Now if UAC says they want to increase the price to 150 to match the wage and rate increase; how many of you would buy?

This is the type of economic illiteracy that leads to the election of nutjobs like Buhari and AOC.

There's no emotion in the jungle or the real world. Employers do not just arbitrarily choose what to pay workers, the market determines what to pay workers.

That is why entry doctors in Nigeria earn $6000 while their mates in the US earn 6 figures. The difference however is that while childbirth by CS in Nigeria stays below $800 in total; in the US, it goes for about or over $10k (you can check the giving birth thread on NL). In fact, a woman was quoted $877,000 after having triplets. Heart transplants can reach 7 figures.

I'd like to see people proffer solutions on how to address wage inequality without the emotional-laden diatribes. That last bit disgusts me!

-Lord
How to pays good salary is simply by enforcing capital flight restrictions, govt should enact laws that ensure that 75% of their budget is spent on the local economy( you will see millions being spent on research and development and more competitive pay because jobs will be in abundance.
And in addressing the cost of products, the government should just tax imported goods more and more more. Except for food and raw materials.
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by Meerahbel: 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Federal Civil Service Recruitment 2017 /2018 / Follow This Thread For Abuja Jobs / See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.