Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,892 members, 7,810,428 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? (48293 Views)

What Is The Highest Salary You Have Ever Received / What's The Worst Pay You Have Ever Received As A Writer? / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by tbabs10166(m): 4:15pm On Jul 16, 2019
People dey suffer o chaii, this country no be am at all. And to think that this is just a tip of what an average Nigerian is going through

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by PrincessB1(f): 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2019
LeoFish92:

I love people like you. Playful and jovial. See the way you are just sharing seats and popcorn with happiness.. You brought a warm smile to my soul

Awwwn
I'm glad I did kiss

The thread is captivating aswel grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by dannybrasky(m): 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
Thanks alot grin

PrincessB1:

Your narration is captivating and exhilarating.

Laugh still wan kill me for this onegrin
Your battle with mosquitoes no get part two grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by seuncyrus(m): 4:27pm On Jul 16, 2019
goshen26:

I decided to resign but the MD pleaded that he would speak with chairman, and he actually got him convinced and he increased my salary with more responsibility; that I would now supervise cleaners. One of the cleaners told me that he was also employed as furniture technician until he was asker to supervise cleaners now a full time cleaner
This part tho grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by ohma456: 4:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
[quote author=noni14 post=80312333] thanks for sharing, that was how hybrid feeds wanted to kill me i run for my life oh, after 2 years am still feeling that back pain, oluwa bless my hustle.[/quote

I swear that place is hell...I'm still working there and i can tell you it's worse that it was 2 years ago
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by PrincessB1(f): 4:38pm On Jul 16, 2019
dannybrasky:
Thanks alot grin

You're welcome kiss
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by noni14(m): 4:39pm On Jul 16, 2019
[quote author=ohma456 post=80328133][/quote] brother am from kd wat about u were did u work ?
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by frozen70(f): 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2019
PrincessB1:

A bird rather.
A bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush.

Thanks for the correction, typo error

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by PrincessB1(f): 4:57pm On Jul 16, 2019
frozen70:

Thanks for the correction, typo error
You're welcome kiss
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by James6400: 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2019
have too many ridiculous job interview experiences , not to mention one that I was asked and was forgotten there, not until the interviewer closed for the day...
Would like to talk about my experience with the job site called JOBERMAN..... I applied for so many jobs there, one day I got a call from joberman itself, about a sales rep job offer here in Onitsha, he told me the interview with the owner of the business will be in Lagos, that my transport will be taken care of, he just wanted to have one on one talk with me b4 I start working for him, sounded strange, but unemployment will cloud ur common sense.. I agreed, I spoke with a guy from jobber man, he said he will get back to me. Concerning the date and everything, I insisted I won't come alone, a friend in Lagos will accompany me for security reasons, which he agreed... After the call, I zoomed to jobberman site, I figured out it was not a fake call, the number that called, was same number on the site, fast foward to a week after, jobber man called again to say my interview will be in a 2 days time. I asked for the transport, I was told I will get it on d interview day, that's its not a problem, hmmmm ,doubts set in immediately, I was almost considering that, you know what unemployment can make one do, I asked for the address of the interview, jobberman asked me to check my mail . I did so, took the company name. Researched on it, via online and social media platforms, only for me to find out it was GLND marketing bla bla bla, I was disappointed in the so called jobberman site, for trying to lure me to Lagos... Only to go and listen to series of persuasion ... Thank Go for social media .. I got to find out many other victims travel long distances only to get disappointed

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by ohma456: 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2019
noni14:
brother am from kd wat about u were did u work ?

Kd too, started april 2014 tho i was on and off until 2016.
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by noni14(m): 5:08pm On Jul 16, 2019
ohma456:

Kd too, started april 2014 tho i was on and off until 2016.
i stopped last year oh, are u a staff there ?
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by ohma456: 5:10pm On Jul 16, 2019
noni14:
brother am from kd wat about u were did u work ?

Kd too, started april 2014 tho i was on and off till 2016.
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by ohma456: 5:12pm On Jul 16, 2019
noni14:
i stopped last year oh, are u a staff there ?
Yes
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by noni14(m): 5:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
ohma456:
Yes
uhmmm take bro but that work is slavery to me.
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by seyenko(m): 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
LOL ! Pele !

molybdenum0012:
Let me share another funny experience. This happened shortly after Sanwo-olu of Lagos won the gubernatorial election.

I was at home relaxing around 4pm on a certain Tuesday. Then a call came in, it was my cousin who is into politics.

He called me and asked me to hurriedly go to Ikeja GRA and meet someone there for a job. Like a fool I did not even bother to ask the kind of job it would be. In my mind, I felt it must be a gevernment job since Sanwo-olu just won the election and my cousin, being One of his campaign members, I felt he must get a slot for me in the ministry. How wrong!

Without delay, I neatly packed my CV and first and second degree certificates into my bag and set for the journey.

I got to the place around 6:30pm. I saw crowd of people celebrating Sanwon-Olu's win. I put a call through to the man I was to see and he directed me to wait for at the reception.
At the reception, I met about 4 guys, neatly dressed. I later knew we were waiting for the same person.

The man addressed us around 7:30, telling us we should come back the follwing morning around 6:30am, that the chairman that would address us was still celebrating. Well, I did not mind to come back the following day I felt it would be a good job.

The following morning I had woken up so early that I left home around 5:30am to beat the traffic. I got to the venue exactly 6:00am. I was the first person to get there. I was so well dressed that some of the security guy there thought I came from the governor's office. They even gave me a chair to sit.

Later the man in charge of the recruitment walked in. Then I started seeing some area boys/thugs, some did not wear clothes, some were smoking weeds. I began to wonder why they were there. I could not come to the term that they came for the same job I was there for.

Later, a man brought out a full scalp sheet for us to write our name and phone no. Before I knew what was happening the whole place was full with area boys. They too was there writing their name. Some of them could not write their name properly 'cos there are not educated. After written mine, I waited patiently for us to be addressed about the job description.

Meanwhile, I had earlier called my younger brother to join me there 'cos I thought we would be employed based on our educational qualification. Not long, my brother walked in and became angry seeing the caliber of people around there. Immidialtelt he left, saying it could not be a good job.

I remained there, I just wanted to be sure it was actually not what I thought. I could not believe my own cousin would ask me to come work with such caliber of people.

Later, we were asked to gather to be address about the job description. My brother I could not strand amount those guys. Some of them were smelling, with skin rashes all over their body, I had to stay somewhere far and listen to the man speak. Right there we were told we would be removing campaign posters from the street of Lagos and would work alongside LASA. Meanwhile the pay for the job was not mentioned. The man said it is between Sanwo-olu and God.. lol. I look myself from head to toes, I just pity my life.

Later we were given two white polos and a cap. I felt so disappointed and had to come back home without follwing them to LASA office that very day. The polos and cap they gave me, I just gave it out to someone at home.

It was really a horrible experience for me. I wasted more than 2k for transport and exhausted my energy.
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by Amyyy2020: 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2019
dannybrasky:
That was like 18 years ago! My story don change my bro! Thanks for the prayer,I still embrace am,as I never reach where I dey go wink

18yrs! Ah

U don blow be dat...Do and remember us wey still dey comeup o..

PS: its not a bro, I'm a Sis smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by Horlhamhi(f): 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2019
eghuan1:

You know the funny thing is there's no network in the village so they couldn't call me to find out what happened
guess you were grateful for that, cos if not you'd have received incessant calls anticipating your return. lol
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by ohma456: 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2019
noni14:
uhmmm take bro but that work is slavery to me.

It's worse than slavery now that Gabu and that midget Ibrahim are the ones in charge of the production department... We no longer have a specific closing hour expecially the dischargers. they set unrealistic targets for us to meet i just wish i can quit but you know how it is here in kaduna

Make God bless our hustle soon before pesin craze

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by dannybrasky(m): 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2019
My apologies sis cheesy
Started hustling at a very young age! Ain't there yet,maybe almost. May God keep and bless us all wink

Amyyy2020:

18yrs! Ah

U don blow be dat...Do and remember us wey still dey comeup o..

PS: its not a bro, I'm a Sis smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by wunaESQ(m): 5:48pm On Jul 16, 2019
frozen70:

You would have made use of
"a bed in hand worths two".
*BIRD *

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by Amyyy2020: 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2019
Amen
dannybrasky:
My apologies sis cheesy
Started hustling at a very young age! Ain't there yet,maybe almost. May God keep and bless us all wink

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by JewelBukky(f): 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2019
Nawa oooo... Insyd life sha angry sad
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by piagetskinner(m): 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2019
Omo these comments here are extremely funny...

God blessed the op that created this thread, and the mod that moved it to front page

There was a time I applied to one firm, cornerstone bla bla... can’t remember the name now...

Never knew it was marketing, wrote one useless exam like that... went to interview with a stammering human being... lwtmb during the interview�

He now said hope I know it’s marketing? And I can do the job marketing products under the sun... hian, me that was already in the concluding phase of my MSc work..I was just pissed... the office environment looked like a glorified poultry farm sef..

I didnt even bother going back

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by noni14(m): 5:59pm On Jul 16, 2019
ohma456:

It's worse than slavery now that Gabu and that midget Ibrahim are the ones in charge of the production department... We no longer have a specific closing hour expecially the dischargers. they set unrealistic targets for us to meet i just wish i can quit but you know how it is here in kaduna

Make God bless our hustle soon before pesin craze
guy God bless our hursle oh, me i left their as a casual oh. i worked at premix department.
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by pocohantas(f): 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2019
nuelyoyo:
how any years ago ? grin

Not so long ago tongue

generationz:

grin

Lol na those kind principal sabi use teachers pass.

Fr 10k you will teach, further maths, chemistry , physics and biology.

They will still owe you at the end of the month o.

Later they will say Buhari is Nigeria's problem.

Chai. Be like you really know that kind work and school well well. They gave so much rules amd regulations, breach of any came with a deduction from the already paltry salary.

May God help Nigerian youths o.
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by Thegamingorca(m): 6:08pm On Jul 16, 2019
pocohantas:

Not so long ago tongue

Chai. Be like you really know that kind work and school well well. They gave so much rules amd regulations, breach of any came with a deduction from the already paltry salary.

May God help Nigerian youths o.

cheesy I went to a horrible missionary school where teachers were paid peanuts.

To this day a particular geography teacher of mine is still there

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by pocohantas(f): 6:11pm On Jul 16, 2019
Thegamingorca:

cheesy I went to a horrible missionary school where teachers were paid peanuts.

To this day a particular geography teacher of mine is still there

Lol, some people are very content with that kind of life. Except it is those big schools, most teaching jobs in Nigeria no dey try at all.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by djoe21(m): 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by djoe21(m): 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2019
martinskelly:
Thought of it though, but that was not our initial plan. Anyways I'm doing well now

All right. Good to know you are doing well now.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by ohma456: 6:25pm On Jul 16, 2019
noni14:
guy God bless our hursle oh, me i left their as a casual oh. i worked at premix department.

Oh ok
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? by abkrgumel(m): 6:37pm On Jul 16, 2019
Icelake111:
Well last year a friend called me saying they need a manager in a hotel in GRA PH...said her mum knows the owner...that i should go with my CV that they will be an interview..
I got there with so much anticipation that am gonna be a manger in a hotel...for GRA..oboy see big boy, well i meet a lady who looked @ me with smiles, after going through my CV told me the pay is 15k, that when am on duty, i will clean the rooms after a guest is done, wash the sheets..n keep the sales of the day for her.
From that place to my house na 400 naira everyday o...i beg the woman to make it 20k she said mbanu!! That's what i pay..
I said ok i will go home and think about it..she said let me keep the CV i told her no i will bring it back
CV wey i want take blow??
Na so i tk run o
grin even CV u no fit leave am

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Federal Civil Service Recruitment 2017 /2018 / Follow This Thread For Abuja Jobs / See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.