Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse (37295 Views)

Photos Of Ikeja Train Accident Victims Being Treated On The Floor / Accident Victims Who Died Along Keffi - Garaku Road. Do You Know Them? (Graphic / Lady Who Rescued Accident Victims In Lagos Narrates Her Ordeal. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by nairafame(m): 11:49am On Oct 13, 2019
Good Heart Man volunteers his car to rescue accident victims in Abuja, after others refuse to help.

Watch Video Below
Source https://www.nairafame.com/2019/10/man-volunteers-his-car-to-resacue.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qwDIKEsSU0

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by nairafame(m): 11:56am On Oct 13, 2019

1 Like

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by Goldencheese(m): 12:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
Good-spirited Nigerian.
God bless you!

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by healthserve(m): 5:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
Nigerians and the attitude of walking away from wounded victims.

It still beffales my imagination why we continue to behave this way. If you won't get them in your car.

Do some good, make arrangement for public transport drop cash but don't be inactive in times of people's needs. Let's act sane and restore humanity to existence abeg.

The attitude of gather to look or snap pictures when need arises is inhumane, animalistic and irritating

I was passing by an accident scene and saw MY FELLOW NIGERIANS taking pictures no help. It wasn't till I reached six buildings away I realised no one helped. I had to turn back perform medical assistance to this guy whose entire frontal face fell of exposing his brains. With blood gushing uncontrollably. Nigerians brought out phone to take pictures. It took the entire day an event that ended 9pm but the guy lived. Thesedays when he's pallys see me around the hood they stand up to greet in ways that humble me

I learnt he was the breadwinner of his family. D the family would have crushed without him. On ntw, he breathed his final breather as he fainted the moment I had him dropped on the hospital bed. I got to meet with his family and friends. The doctors said if he arrived ten minutes beyond when he got in, he would have died. Imagine. And people would bring out phones to snap pictures.

Let's act right abeg

165 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by Offpoint: 5:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
n
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by SaintHilary(m): 5:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
Very good gesture

But whats the difference between this man and Tonto Dike in the previous thread?
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by NwaNimo1(m): 5:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
Looks like one chance!
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by firstolalekan(m): 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
This is Nigeria...

You can't really blame those people.

This a country where the good Samaritan may be treated as a criminal.

He may get arrested

The doctors may refuse to attend to the victims unless the man signs some documents (implicating) or ask him to make a deposit first before they attend to the victims

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
Where's the love?

1 Like

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by Promismike(m): 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2019

Our problem is our faulty system. People avoid helping accident victims because of how the police and most times the hospital turn the case against them.

I once helped took an accident victim to the hospital with my vehicle. When we got to the hospital I was detained by the hospital. The funny thing was that this lady was alive and was even telling the doctors that I was not the one that hit her. That I stopped to help get her to the hospital.

I was threaten with the police. In the end I had to find a way to sneak out of d hospital in morning after being kept all night.

Our system is our problem.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by OscarJaden(m): 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
we still have good Nigerians...kudos

2 Likes

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by Lugianostar(m): 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
His reward is hear on earth and also in heaven!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by realestniggah: 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
My God in heaven will bless him multiple times

1 Like

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by wandeay: 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
I was amazed when I got to an accident scene some weeks ago, and some pple were parking cars only to watch, I quickly volunteered to rescue them with my car, I was able to rescue 2, one died on the way to the hospital, and another which I couldn't rescue, died at the scene.

I really felt bad about Nigerian attitude towards accident victims. It shows a long way how bad this country has become, people are scared of police problems, are scared of aftermath effect should things go haywire, may God save us!

9 Likes

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by Jalabase(m): 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
Space bookers
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by ednut1(m): 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
If the guy go die for your car . 9ja police no go hear . I witnessed an accident 2 weeks ago. The okada man later died. Fear no allow me use my car carry am o

1 Like

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by BlackfireX: 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2019
Good work man...

1 Like

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by shogsman(m): 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2019
Citytrend:
Mark my word, This Man will never lack a Helper! It was his call. It is called Destiny

Anyway, l will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below in Red Letters to Chat me up
Be deceiving yourself.
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by Ritelar: 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2019
Can anything good come outta Nigeria?? grin
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by sureheaven(m): 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2019
I don't and will never blame those who have the opportunity to help but refused to help. cool

Many accident victims have died in the hands of those trying to rescue them, the rest was story.

The Nigeria police and the families of the victims held those helpers responsible shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
healthserve:

It still beffales my imagination why we continue to behave this way. If you won't get them in your car.

Do some good, make arrangement for public transport drop cash but don't be inactive in times of people's needs. Let's act sane and restore humanity to existence abeg.

The attitude of gather to look or snap pictures when need arises is inhumane, animalistic and irritating

Dont be surprised that some of them who walked past, have tithes and offerings they had reserved to go give one baba G.O because of "special" blessings. Yet it is this same narrative Jesus said about the Good Samaritan - how the so-called holy 'levite' walked past him so as not to stain his attire with blood - which by the law is right.

In other words, Jesus' point was that love for / of humanity is the greatest commandment and beats any law or statute. I don't even believe in the bible but there are some common-sense ideas one can learn from it, and I wonder just how come the religious and blind hypocrites skip salient points and act in 100% similarities with the hypocrites Jesus cursed during his time.

9 Likes

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by healthserve(m): 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
sureheaven:
I don't and will never blame those who have the opportunity to help but refused to help. cool

Many accident victims have died in the hands of those trying to rescue them, the rest was story.

The Nigeria police and the families of the victims held those helpers responsible shocked

I won't stop helping. Story. If we die we die

3 Likes

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by healthserve(m): 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2019
Kalixx:

Dont be surprised that some of them who walked past, have tithes and offerings they had reserved to go give one baba G.O because of "special" blessings. Yet it is this same narrative Jesus said about the Good Samaritan - how the so-called holy 'levite' walked past him so as not to stain his attire with blood - which by the law is right.

In other words, Jesus' point was that love for / of humanity is the greatest commandment and beats any law or statute. I don't even believe in the bible but there are some common-sense ideas one can learn from it, and I wonder just how come the religious and blind hypocrites skip salient points and act in 100% similarities with the hypocrites Jesus cursed during his time.

You summed it all. The joy for being there in time of saving people is one of the most glorious experiences in life. I've been there and can testify to it. Our people should stop shielding themselves when necessity is placed upon them

6 Likes

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by AsomArchitectNG(m): 5:30pm On Oct 13, 2019
God bless you....

BTW
We offer services for Architectural drawings/construction in order to
achieve a conducive, affordable and sustainable
building which meets the trend of contemporary
buildings today...see my signature for project executed and our contact details

You are just a DM away...
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by sureheaven(m): 5:30pm On Oct 13, 2019
I won't stop helping. Story. If we die we die .

I'm not saying people shouldn't help but I said I don't and won't blame those who refused to help.
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by don4real18(m): 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2019
I once took a guy to Igbobi hospital when I witnessed his accident. Nothing life threatening though. It was oblique displaced fracture on his right arm. While I was there, after spending almost a whole day tired and hungry, I witnessed a man who brought an accident victim to the hospital as well. It was an emergency case and after some time, the patient died. The man was held at the hospital until the police came to take him away. The man said that he only wanted to help the victim since every other person zoomed off. I felt pity for him as he was manhandled by the rogues while he tried to resist going to the station

11 Likes

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by KingAzubuike(f): 5:34pm On Oct 13, 2019
You can't blame them... Nigerian police go turn the whole case upside down.

3 Likes

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by omojesu202(m): 5:34pm On Oct 13, 2019
it is not easy for naija. even me self go ja
Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by maasoap(m): 5:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
healthserve:

I was passing by an accident scene and saw MY FLOW NIGERIANS taking pictures no help. It wasn't till I reached six buildings away I realised no one helped. I had to turn back perform medical assistance to this guy whose entire frontal face fell of exposing his brains. With blood gushing uncontrollably. Nigerians brought out phone to take pictures. It took the entire day an event that ended 9pm but the guy lived. Thesedays when he's pallys see me around the hood they stand up to greet in ways that humble me

Let's act right abeg

One thing is refusal to help for one reason or the other, including police wahala, I got it. But what I don't understand is this madness of bringing phones out to take pictures and recording videos of the victims. Like the victims are some kind of aliens, it's really disgusting

9 Likes

Re: Man Volunteers His Car to Rescue Accident Victims in Abuja, as Others Refuse by MiztaYouneek(m): 5:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
Promismike:

Our problem is our faulty system. People avoid helping accident victims because of how the police and most times the hospital turn the case against them.

I once helped took an accident victim to the hospital with my vehicle. When we got to the hospital I was detained by the hospital. The funny thing was that this lady was alive and was even telling the doctors that I was not the one that hit her. That I stopped to help get her to the hospital.

I was threaten with the police. In the end I had to find a way to sneak out of d hospital in morning after being kept all night.

Our system is our problem.

Exactly. Those that refused to help might not do such out of wickedness but just to prevent stories that touches. I know someone who had your similar experience so there was a day I was travelling along Benin Okada road and I saw people that were robbed with many injured and they were pleading I help carry some in my car to UBTH but trust me, even when I was just the only one in my car, I didn't carry even one person because I remember what happened to a friend of mine who did such. At the end police will carry you and even accuse you of being one of the suspected armed robbers and the rest story is another thing. Prevention is much better than story that touches and God will understand.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? / Lady Set To Wed In August, Dies In A Fatal Accident In Warri / A Commercial Bus Tumbles On 3rd Mainland Bridge, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.