Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira (57940 Views)

ICPC Seizes 44 Assets Worth N14.7bn / President Muhammadu Buhari Declares Assets Ready For Swearing In / Ganduje Declares Assets Ahead Of Swearing-In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by D1Wonder(m): 7:04am On Jul 16, 2019
There is surely hope for our country. This is the move to curb corruption..We also expect him to declare his networth after his tenure. Kudos, Your Excellency...This is a ray of light in the midst of corruption. I celebrate you
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Oai007(m): 7:06am On Jul 16, 2019
Infinityk:

I too used to normally hear that seyi makinde is rich from Ibadan ppl
I can't believe Oyo state have a billionaire as governor
U guys are lucky
seyi makinde once said on radio that if he wants to collect something from abacha he will first go to al musapha before been redirected please reason that with me. the man got connections at a very young age.

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by don4real18(m): 7:07am On Jul 16, 2019
WonderManly:
Wow! So, i think by next coming year 4yrs we should be expecting 4billion naira intrest. That is to say 1billion intrest per year. Brain and money no go kill person!
That is if if it doesn't turn to extra 50 billion Naira
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Infinityk: 7:08am On Jul 16, 2019
lonelydora:

He's rich but not 50 billon
And im sure u av seen his account balance
Hmm
This same seyi makinde that popular politicians are afraid of because of his money
I'm sure seyi makinde is worth more than this
I know people who are close to him
Did u know seyi makinde donated his entire salary last month to pensioners?
Hmm,u never see anything

4 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by zoedew: 7:08am On Jul 16, 2019
kolafolabi:
I swear if I have 1/10 of that, I won't contest for any political office. Politics is a dirty game.

This suggests that you see participatory politics as a money-making endeavour.

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by okewumi: 7:12am On Jul 16, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

He left Shell to start up his energy and technical company at 29. I don't know much about his background but he's a well rounded educated fella. Unilag, MIT and other expensive executive courses abroad . Such a smart fella.

He is very smart guy bro.

And another thing l love about the guy is that he is not tribalistic. I know many guys from Southern part of the country that work with his company and they were sent for training in USA and South Africa. I just pray they allow him to deliver in Oyo state. I heard he pay workers and pensioners on 27th or so which is good start anyway.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by fashrola(m): 7:13am On Jul 16, 2019
Esseite:
How would Oyo state not grow when you have a billionaire with track record at 51 governing...

When a technocrat governs, the difference is clear...

Makinde - Oyo
Peter obi
Akwa ibom - udom
Cross river - Ben ayade
Anambra - obiano
Edo - obaseki
Kwara - Abdul raman
Ogun - dapo abiodun

Abeg commot Ayade for this list.... That dude don take Calabar back to stone age

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Infinityk: 7:15am On Jul 16, 2019
Oai007:
seyi makinde once said on radio that if he wants to collect something from abacha he will first go to al musapha before been redirected please reason that with me. the man got connections at a very young age.
Is anybody from his family a politician?
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by okokronkwo: 7:16am On Jul 16, 2019
globemoney01:
How did he make all these money
he stole them from your pocket

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by WonderManly(m): 7:19am On Jul 16, 2019
don4real18:
That is if if it doesn't turn to extra 50 billion Naira
Naso my brother! And you see that one talk o... True talk indeed!
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by lonelydora: 7:19am On Jul 16, 2019
Infinityk:

And im sure u av seen his account balance
Hmm
This same seyi makinde that popular politicians are afraid of because of his money
I'm sure seyi makinde is worth more than this
I know people who are close to him
Did u know seyi makinde donated his entire salary last month to pensioners?
Hmm,u never see anything

Well, I don't know him shaa. Thought it was one of those antics from politicians. But I hope he will work for the people?
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Infinityk: 7:22am On Jul 16, 2019
lonelydora:

Well, I don't know him shaa. Thought it was one of those antics from politicians. But I hope he will work for the people?
If u don't know him ,then keep shut!
Don't b jumping into things u don't know next time

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Infinityk: 7:25am On Jul 16, 2019
lonelydora:

He has been contesting for Oyo governiship seat since 2011
He didn't stop after losing
He could have gone back to rivers state with his wife but he didn't give up
He pays more than one billion naira per year as tax
He is very rich

3 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Oai007(m): 7:32am On Jul 16, 2019
Infinityk:

Is anybody from his family a politician?
no. he hasn't hold any political office before.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Gforce2019: 7:33am On Jul 16, 2019
MrPolitics:
…Says I have fulfilled a campaign promise

Oyo State Governor, Engineer Seyi Makinde on Monday made public his campaign promise to publicly declare his assets.

The Governor, who visited the Oyo state office of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) in Ibadan to receive a copy of the asset declaration form said that his decision to make the assets public was in fulfillment of a personal promise he made during the elections.

Details of the assets as contained in the CCB 1 with the name Oluseyi Abiodun Makinde, which was declared at the High Court of Oyo State, on May 28, 2019, indicated that the Governor is worth over N48 billion.

The assets declaration form, marked OYSE/2019/001 contained details of cash at hand, in the bank, landed properties (developed and undeveloped), household items, share and bonds owed by the Governor, his wife, Omini Makinde as well as his companies.

According to details of the asset form made public by the Chief Press Secretary to Makinde, Mr. Taiwo Adisa, the Governor of Oyo State had cash at hand and in the bank worth N234, 742,296.01, as at May 28, 2019.

In dollar terms, the Governor has cash valued at $30,056.99 as at the same date.

Properties, including the developed and undeveloped as well as household items indicated on the asset forms, showed that the Governor is worth N2, 624,800,500(two billion, six hundred and twenty-four million, eight hundred thousand, five hundred Naira as at the date of asset declaration.

In Dollar terms, the Governor also declared properties, developed and undeveloped as well as household items valued at $4,400,000(four million, four hundred thousand dollars only.

In South African Rands, the Governor declared buildings and household items worth four Million, four hundred and fifty-seven thousand, five hundred and fifty-four and four South African Rands.

The houses declared by the Governor include nine buildings in Nigeria, two in the United States of America and One in South Africa.

One of the properties in the United States is described as “jointly owned.”

The details showed the current value of Makinde’s companies stand at N48, 150,736,889 (forty-eight billion, one hundred and fifty million, seven hundred and thirty-six thousand, eight hundred and eighty-nine Naira), with 33, 730,000 units of shares as at May 28, 2019.

The Governor also has existing Bonds (Eurobond) worth $3, 793, 500 as well as shares, debentures and other securities valued at N120,500,000(One hundred and twenty million, five hundred thousand naira).

The companies listed by the Governor include Makon Engineering and Technical Services Limited; Energy Traders and Technical Services Limited; Makon Oil and Gas Limited; Makon Group Limited, Makon Construction Limited and Makon Power System Limited.

The asset declaration form indicated that Governor Makinde’s four companies have additional assets denominated as loan notes including Makon Engineering and Technical Services Limited(N1.7 billion); Makon Power System Limited(N148.4 million); Makon Oil and Gas Limited(N341 million); Energy Traders and Technical Services Limited(N1.159bn) totalling N3.389billion.

Speaking with newsmen at the CCB office in Ibadan, Makinde said: “I came here to collect the photocopy of the form that I signed in fulfillment of the campaign promise to the people that I will declare my asset publicly and release the document to the public.

“I will encourage all the members of my cabinet to do the same thing but in as much they stay within the ambit of the law, I will encourage them to do the same.”

https://newsbreakng.com/breaking-makinde-declares-asset-worth-of-n50b-public/

All those that have companies has a public Office holders , hmmm. This is the easiest way to siphon money... Maybe by awarding major contract for the company and it will not be done . And who will come to question his authority .
Papa deceiving pikin. PDP..
We know!
Makon... Group of companies chairman , welldon . You do well
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Solsix(m): 7:36am On Jul 16, 2019
Esseite:
How would Oyo state not grow when you have a billionaire with track record at 51 governing...

When a technocrat governs, the difference is clear...

Makinde - Oyo
Peter obi
Akwa ibom - udom
Cross river - Ben ayade
Anambra - obiano
Edo - obaseki
Kwara - Abdul raman
Ogun - dapo abiodun

Please remove obiano from that list , unless being a technocrat now have a different meaning

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Tomide007: 7:41am On Jul 16, 2019
nototribalist:
that's my point, I hope this news is not coming from APC news desk
The guy is truly rich bro..... His oil servicing company is massive.... It can't be an apc news cause their is nothing wrong with him being worth 50 billion.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by mechanics(m): 7:41am On Jul 16, 2019
He's in money.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by MrPolitics: 7:41am On Jul 16, 2019
Gforce2019:

All those that have companies has a public Office holders , hmmm. This is the easiest way to siphon money... Maybe by awarding major contract for the company and it will not be done . And who will come to question his authority .
We know!

Wehdone sir. He has atleast done what other governors didn’t do which is publicly declare his assets. He didn’t owe anyone that. He could say he’s worth 100billion and not declare his assets and no one would disturb him.
Be there abusing PDP. Which one are your APC people doing?

2 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by koolbe(m): 7:48am On Jul 16, 2019
Can these assets be verified? We hear some people declare more than they have so that they can defend their loot many years later ....
It's all speculation thou
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by vastolord4(m): 7:56am On Jul 16, 2019
uchaymart:

So his investment should not grow just because he is a governor... People self

Well-done sensible man... Which investment grows with such economic crisis within few years.. well-done once again
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Passion2009: 8:01am On Jul 16, 2019
Danwakae:
OIL MONEY ENGR.S

SEYI...OYO

DAPO ABIODUN....OGUN

ABDURAZAK...KWARA

DEM GET KUDI WELLER OO

If Dapo Abioudun should declare his assets, the Internet will break. I'm just laughing at those that are claiming Makinde is currently not worth 50billion naira.
I've been following him for a while and I'm even surprised he is not worth about 200billion naira.

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Yorubasaredogs: 8:05am On Jul 16, 2019
[s]
Gforce2019:

We know!
[/s]Can you tell us this lizards worth before he became governor.

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by lonelydora: 8:08am On Jul 16, 2019
Infinityk:

He has been contesting for Oyo governiship seat since 2011
He didn't stop after losing
He could have gone back to rivers state with his wife but he didn't give up
He pays more than one billion naira per year as tax
He is very rich

Just heard he worked with Shell
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Walelavender(m): 8:25am On Jul 16, 2019
A brilliant one by Seyi Makinde. He has been taking the right steps since he took the mantle of leadership at the Agodi government house. This is leadership by example.
I hope he leads well.

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Tunbolity(m): 8:25am On Jul 16, 2019
Day169:
A laudable move by the Oyo state governor. In a country with It's political landscape dotted by opportunists and greedy people who are simply wolves in sheep's clothing, with a singular purpose to bleed further, an anaemic purse.
I'm yet to recall any governor who has done this in recent times (if any one ever has), even among the so called progressives who promised change.
At least it sets the yardstick for future Oyo governors and hopefully all other political office holders.
Still hoping and praying that Nigeria will change for the better in my lifetime.
Kudos to the governor!! Dont be fooled, his predecessor did same thing in 2011, but in 2019 when he was leaving, we heard stories of how aides transported huge money out of government house for him, and we dont even know whether he declared asset again when he was leaving.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/ajimobi-declares-assets/
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Petros999(m): 8:41am On Jul 16, 2019
Most people don't celebrate honesty, they prefer politicians that will always lie. Seyi is very rich

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Jammiedammyboi: 8:50am On Jul 16, 2019
[quote author=MrPolitics post=80301089]…Says I have fulfilled a campaign promise

Oyo State Governor, Engineer Seyi Makinde on Monday made public his campaign promise to publicly declare his assets.

The Governor, who visited the Oyo state office of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) in Ibadan to receive a copy of the asset declaration form said that his decision to make the assets public was in fulfillment of a personal promise he made during the elections.

Details of the assets as contained in the CCB 1 with the name Oluseyi Abiodun Makinde, which was declared at the High Court of Oyo State, on May 28, 2019, indicated that the Governor is worth over N48 billion.

The assets declaration form, marked OYSE/2019/001 contained details of cash at hand, in the bank, landed properties (developed and undeveloped), household items, share and bonds owed by the Governor, his wife, Omini Makinde as well as his companies.

According to details of the asset form made public by the Chief Press Secretary to Makinde, Mr. Taiwo Adisa, the Governor of Oyo State had cash at hand and in the bank worth N234, 742,296.01, as at May 28, 2019.

In dollar terms, the Governor has cash valued at $30,056.99 as at the same date.

Properties, including the developed and undeveloped as well as household items indicated on the asset forms, showed that the Governor is worth N2, 624,800,500(two billion, six hundred and twenty-four million, eight hundred thousand, five hundred Naira as at the date of asset declaration.

In Dollar terms, the Governor also declared properties, developed and undeveloped as well as household items valued at $4,400,000(four million, four hundred thousand dollars only.

In South African Rands, the Governor declared buildings and household items worth four Million, four hundred and fifty-seven thousand, five hundred and fifty-four and four South African Rands.

The houses declared by the Governor include nine buildings in Nigeria, two in the United States of America and One in South Africa.

One of the properties in the United States is described as “jointly owned.”

The details showed the current value of Makinde’s companies stand at N48, 150,736,889 (forty-eight billion, one hundred and fifty million, seven hundred and thirty-six thousand, eight hundred and eighty-nine Naira), with 33, 730,000 units of shares as at May 28, 2019.

The Governor also has existing Bonds (Eurobond) worth $3, 793, 500 as well as shares, debentures and other securities valued at N120,500,000(One hundred and twenty million, five hundred thousand naira).

The companies listed by the Governor include Makon Engineering and Technical Services Limited; Energy Traders and Technical Services Limited; Makon Oil and Gas Limited; Makon Group Limited, Makon Construction Limited and Makon Power System Limited.

The asset declaration form indicated that Governor Makinde’s four companies have additional assets denominated as loan notes including Makon Engineering and Technical Services Limited(N1.7 billion); Makon Power System Limited(N148.4 million); Makon Oil and Gas Limited(N341 million); Energy Traders and Technical Services Limited(N1.159bn) totalling N3.389billion.

Speaking with newsmen at the CCB office in Ibadan, Makinde said: “I came here to collect the photocopy of the form that I signed in fulfillment of the campaign promise to the people that I will declare my asset publicly and release the document to the public.

“I will encourage all the members of my cabinet to do the same thing but in as much they stay within the ambit of the law, I will encourage them to do the same.”

https://newsbreakng.com/breaking-makinde-declares-asset-worth-of-n50b-public/
Sufficient fund ....o bale pepe
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by ElsonMorali: 8:53am On Jul 16, 2019
post=80305937:

Lol! cheesy

You started your own hustling when you became old shey?

See Chief Spokesman of Seyi o!

Poverty na bastard sha! grin

You have said it all.
That is the gimmicks of all these politicans,
they will go get properties and investments of well to do people and declare it as theirs so when they start stealing no one will be aware, thinking they have declared their assets prior then.
But only fools and supporters of corrupt politicians whose future has been stolen can believe this.
Imagine what the criminals will sat if it was the president or vice president that declared this.
They would have been dying with wailing and peeing in their torn boxers.
Wailers go suffer, dem go tire! cheesy
Una never see anything yet.

It is good to still see some reasonable people on this forum.
You are a wise man.

And I used to think this person has sense o. I see you prancing around here shouting Buhari is our Messiah up and down. The same Buhari that promised to declare his assets publicly. Has he done so? How many addresses has he provided for us to check and verify?

I guess those who tell you to face your suya business know what they are saying after all. Until you can come up with proof that Seyi Makinde falsified his assets declaration, I will ask you to kindly shut da fvck up.

A politician tries to do right by his people, it's still the same people that will be vilifying him. You should be ashamed of yourself. If this were to be an APC politician you'll be jabbering from the mouth. I wonder how much APC pays you to be their internet warlord.

And double goes for all you stinking tribalists that litter Nairaland. Insulting him because you don't believe a Yoruba man can actually be a silent billionaire. Waka!

Seyi Makinde. You have taken a bold step. I have faith that you will restore Oyo state to its former glory of the Pacesetter State. Aji se bi Oyo laari, Oyo o se bi baba enikankan. Please hit the ground running. If you do amazingly well, I see the future president of Nigeria already, that is if Nigeria still exists in the next four years.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by otokx(m): 9:07am On Jul 16, 2019
fashrola:

Abeg commot Ayade for this list.... That dude don take Calabar back to stone age

Ayade is working
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by otokx(m): 9:08am On Jul 16, 2019
The man has done what many have been unable to do, kudos to him.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Lamasta(m): 9:10am On Jul 16, 2019
Oai007:
in 2015 sen.Teslim Folarin said on a live radio program in front of seyi makinde that he is not half the worth of seyi makinde.Teslim said seyi makinde will buy him four times. in 2019 an OAP(Edmond obilo) asked seyi makinde on a live radio program that what is his Worth he then replied that he pays a tax of one billion every year. my point is screw everyone comparing adelabu to engineer seyi makinde. gsm has been spending since when adedibu was alive. I have had chance to meet him. guy we love him Oyo state. do you think it us easy to defeat APC.
Wow that's incredible hope he replicate this in Oyo economy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Election Will Hold - Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB / Buhari: Femi Adesina Talks About What Will Happen When Buhari Finally Returns / PPPRA Sacks 34 Staff To Employ Hadiza, Buhari's Daughter - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.