Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,260 members, 7,954,000 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:36 AM

Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira (58288 Views)

Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Entry Forms For Schools Of Science Free / President Muhammadu Buhari Declares Assets Ready For Swearing In / Ganduje Declares Assets Ahead Of Swearing-In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by justman4(m): 9:26am On Jul 16, 2019
Nice one, I pray he serve people faithfully with the fear of God.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by spencekat(m): 9:27am On Jul 16, 2019
kolafolabi:
I swear if I have 1/10 of that, I won't contest for any political office. Politics is a dirty game.
Political power is interesting.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Lamasta(m): 9:27am On Jul 16, 2019
kolafolabi:
I swear if I have 1/10 of that, I won't contest for any political office. Politics is a dirty game.
Makinde is coming to serve the people so to Him politics is a good game and also people should stop tagging politics as a dirty game it is dirty when good people who are suppose to be involved in politics decide to be a spectator or standing on the fence what do You now expect when the bad egg go into politics they will even contaminate the few good eggs. So bro it will be good when you join so as to bring the desired change we crave for.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Johnnyessence(m): 9:29am On Jul 16, 2019
this same distinguished executive governor of oyo state donate his 4 years monthly salaries to the pensioners scheme. he's the people's governor. God bless him more in governance.

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by jaxxy(m): 9:45am On Jul 16, 2019
kolafolabi:

That's the problem with Nigeria. Political office shud not be for monetary gains or aquiring wealth. Its to serve and make a change. If u want to aquire stupendous wealth go into business like dangote and otedola.

We need to correct people's mindset no thanks to our corrupt system.

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by zomu(m): 10:05am On Jul 16, 2019
This guy is made
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by gaskiyamagana: 10:27am On Jul 16, 2019
globemoney01:
How did he make all these money
Many don't bother about this, and this is more important than what is being declared.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by gbeseun(m): 10:29am On Jul 16, 2019
GOVERNOR SEYI MAKINDE PUBLIC ASSET DECLARATION: Anticipatory Looting or Populism Gone Wrong.

In one of Davido's hit songs, 'IF', he boasted of 30bn in his account, Oh yes, as Omo Baba Olowo that he is, it was not too hard to believe. Though he later revealed he was speaking into his future, what a relief we got.

Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State recently declared his asset and we cannot but applaud the 'progressiveness' in his DNA. The news broke the internet. In actual fact, the news overtook Seyi Awolowo's earlier 'stupidity' at the ongoing Big Brother Naija show.

Certain questions beg for answers in the declaration. Politically aware and the financially literate people of Oyo State know the answers already but for the 'not-too-read' folks, permit me to put the answer here.
Facts are emerging that his company, MAKON Engineering is a near bankrupt company.

He claimed MAKON Group is worth over 48bn naira.
'Seyi ma pa wa na' (credit to Olamide Baddo).
A company that has several court cases due to financial misappropriation? Five of such cases was lost at the National Industrial Court, Ikoyi.
Same company as at today has not completed the Utorogu and DOGMAS projects, projects scheduled for completion in 2015.
One of the staff (name withheld) revealed that the company was on the verge of shutting down due to pausity of funds as a result of financial recklessness of the CEO.

A group had earlier come out during the electioneering period that Oyo State populace should be wary of having Makinde as their governor because his company was about going under and that he would use OYSG funds to resuscitate the company. They cited examples of MAKON defaulting in payment of paltry 30 billion naira to the FIRS. They said that the company, because of its non-liquidity, were unable to meet its obligations of paying salaries and had to sack more than half of the staff without paying their entitlement. The case is still at the Industrial Court, Lagos.

One of the greatest strength of Engr. Seyi Makinde is his ability to 'settle' people. Be you SPDC, be you FIRS, be you PDP NWC, he knows the game.
So this wasn't surprising when FIRS threatened to shut down MAKON Engineering and Technical Services in 2016 due to Tax Infractions, but guess what, the Chief Finance Officer, Mr Lanre Anafi on authority of Engr. Seyi Makinde did the maneuvering

One is tempted to believe that Seyi Makinde is out to loot OYSG funds and should be closely monitored by relevant government agencies. We are also calling on the Code of Conduct Bureau to do a proper verification of these assets declared by Mr Governor so that Oyo citizens are not sold a dummy in the name of fake populism.

Cut us this joke Mr. Governor and tell us it is a 'Davido-esq' way of anticipatory looting.

God bless Oyo State
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by sizer07: 10:32am On Jul 16, 2019
kolafolabi:

grin this is a case of let me served my people and change my state to be amongst the best. Its not abt what he will get or loot. He is reach from all ramifications. But if he fail to do the needful, then history will judge him and his family name will be ruined for ever
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Day169: 10:56am On Jul 16, 2019
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Tomide007: 11:03am On Jul 16, 2019
2mch:
Hmmm. This sounds like anticipated wealth. The asset declaration should be investigated.
He owns one of the largest oil servicing company in Nigeria.... Don't doubt it. Makon engineering and technical services.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Danwakae(m): 11:03am On Jul 16, 2019
Passion2009:

If Dapo Abioudun should declare his assets, the Internet will break. I'm just laughing at those that are claiming Makinde is currently not worth 50billion naira.
I've been following him for a while and I'm even surprised he is not worth about 200billion naira.

You Right...I also share that opinion that he worth more than that...I hope when he leaves it doesn't have problem with that
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Tomide007: 11:15am On Jul 16, 2019
alezzy13:
Hmmm. 50 billion no be beans ooo. This would put him among the richest in the country.
Don't be surprised that he won't, remember one unknown man that lives in yaba coughed out 36billion naira to buy otedola shares in forte oil. Nigerians are rich ooo

2 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Tomide007: 11:21am On Jul 16, 2019
Stillthebest:
How do I make this kind of money pls?? Is it is possible to make about 100Billion these days before one clocks 55?? I'm thinking the best opportune people in Ng are of the 1960s downward. How many Nigeria leaders have more than 50Billion before they got to politics Not sure of any. Is it Saraki, upon society generae , Fayemi, is it the ifeayi or andi, is fasola, is it ganduje, el tufani, or tinubu? Can Makinde overvalue or in anticipation to make up for this, then catalpults his wealth??
If you pay over 1billion naira in tax as he said 4 years ago, then you should be worth something close to that.. Even his political opposition, that time senate majority leader contesting for the post of a governor said that 1/4 of Seyi makindes wealth will buy him over and over. ....that guy get money. Mind you this will be his first year in government......internet go vex if Dapo abiodun of Ogun state should Declare his own.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Stillthebest: 11:30am On Jul 16, 2019
Tomide007:

If you pay over 1billion naira in tax as he said 4 years ago, then you should be worth something close to that.. Even his political opposition, that time senate majority leader contesting for the post of a governor said that 1/4 of Seyi makindes wealth will buy him over and over. ....that guy get money. Mind you this will be his first year in government......internet go vex if Dapo abiodun of Ogun state should Declare his own.

Wow... I need links to be as this big. This is beyond just hard work.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Basher8583: 11:41am On Jul 16, 2019
Esseite:
How would Oyo state not grow when you have a billionaire with track record at 51 governing...

When a technocrat governs, the difference is clear...

Makinde - Oyo. X
Peter obi. X
Akwa ibom - udom. X
Cross river - Ben ayade. X
Anambra - obiano. X
Edo - obaseki. X
Kwara - Abdul raman
Ogun - dapo abiodun

All of them combined still can't beat Lagos ......
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by shiwex: 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2019
Nigerians are dumb......if you actually believe this man has what he has declared. He has already put Oyo State people for walk.......now all he has to do is clean up. Dunm ass Nigerians. None of the amount he declared has even been verified.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Infinityk: 2:25pm On Jul 16, 2019
shiwex:
Nigerians are dumb......if you actually believe this man has what he has declared. He has already put Oyo State people for walk.......now all he has to do is clean up. Dunm ass Nigerians. None of the amount he declared has even been verified.
what does he gain by lying

is it a crime to b honest in nigeria
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Lowzones(m): 2:47pm On Jul 16, 2019
Please can you list some achievements of Akeredolu. Because I've been hearing negative stuff about his government.
OndoFirstBorn:
When leaders lead by example, followers won't hesitate to willingly follow suit. I see no reason why you won't succeed totally as Oyo State Governor. You're so committed to ensuring transparency, accountability and all inclusive government. After Governor Akeredolu, Seyi Makinde is gradually becoming my second best Governor. Kudos.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by japhetjags: 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2019
Blakjewelry:
the money too plenty
I dey tell u
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by lenghtinny(m): 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2019
planetx:
This guy would have never been this wealthy if he had migrated to Canada or US or one of this other favorite Nigerian destinations. The richest Nigerians are in Nigeria not abroad, the one's abroad are just managing paying bills.

So Prof. Theo Ogunlesi's son that owns Gatwick airport or Anthony Joshua are also managing to pay bills abroad....

The way some of you talk as if life is a place where one cap fits all....

The same people managing to pay bills abroad are the ones you rich Nigerians are expecting to send something to you at the end of the month. This managers would send money to you wealthy Nigerians to help build or buy house and you will divert it into your pocket....

Even the so called Nigerian billionaires, when you dig a little bit more, you will always see something called Oil and gas in between. Do you think an average Nigerian can easily get into that field of play as a nobody?

Even Dapo Abiodun ( another sọ called billionaire) is said to have benefited heavily from the mother Christmas of the decade Diezani Allison-madueke.
Oil and gas money in Nigeria is just like a money rinsed with blood when you look at the real owners and the parasites feeding fat on their resources
angry

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by laudate: 3:08am On Jul 18, 2019
okewumi:
Makimde is a rich man. I don't know what he saw in politics. His agenda is to reduce poverty level in Oyo state. Very humble gentle man. Makon alone have branches in Texas, South Africa etc.
I remember when he donated equipment worth millions of naira to electrical section in Unilag. The guy is a philanthropist.

In year 2012, he was the first person to buy two Capstone Turbines in Nigeria. He installed one in his lagos office and the second one in his village in Ajia ibadan to power the village. I was there that evening when the Turbine was commissioned. A woman said that was the first time he will see electric light in 30years. It is good to check his profile
This is kind of people we should have in senate, house of assembly etc.
If God can help makinde, he is capable of helping me too.

His company also sells and installs gas turbines in different companies, in Nigeria. I know 3 companies in Port-harcourt that bought gas turbines from his firm and paid in USD. They also signed maintenance contracts, that spanned 3 years for each unit.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 20, 2019
Yorubasaredogs:
[s][/s]Can you tell us this lizards worth before he became governor.

grin grin grin
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Alejobs: 4:56pm On Jul 22, 2019
We may be anonymous but not robot

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by BIXYBABE: 11:07am On Jul 25, 2019
hannysur8:
God of mercy should have mercy on me too, I now understand why Seyi’s Supporters said it is a money battle betweeen Oyo state Goverment then and World Bank during the last election
He bought new corrola camry 4 all 33 party chairman and party leaders last year during campaign. Nd gave oyo students busary every year b4 election

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 / We Were Forced To Rig In Favour Of APC - INEC Official / Nnamdi Kanu'a Attire To Court Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.