Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari (17914 Views)

Oyo Monarchs’ Encounter: You Can’t Try Such With An Emir, Oluwo Blasts Obasanjo / Adeyinka Grandson Blasts Alaafin Of Oyo Over Latest Wife Calls It Shameful Act / Salihu Yakasai Blasts Buhari Government Over Insecurity After His Reinstatement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by Skepticus: 10:53am On Jul 16, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
blast him all you want but i am only waiting for this country to collapse. I know it will surely happen and everyone will go their separate ways. it will happen soon

I want the Fulani herdsmen attacks to increase so that our break up can be faster.

This geographical contraption called Nigeria is a lie from its foundation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by omerukokwuru(m): 10:55am On Jul 16, 2019
cowardafonja:

Kuna iya fadawa wani daga cikin wadannan idan kun hadu da shi cikin mutum?
A'a zan iya fada wa fuskokinsu idan na sadu da su
Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by Princedapace(m): 10:56am On Jul 16, 2019
Wizklynd23:
Only some blind fellows here will think OBJ
mean well for us in this country..
Right from the onset his always selfish

Even though he is selfish, did that take away the truth in what he is saying?

One thing is the source of the letter, another thing is the content proper.

1 Like

Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by wink2015(m): 10:59am On Jul 16, 2019
Flashyoil1:
Elder statesman, Tanko Yakasai, on Monday criticized former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, describing his open letter to President Muhammadu Buhari as selfish and unpatriotic, the Nation reports.

Reacting to Obasanjo’s letter to Buhari dated July 15, Yakasai said: “I don’t see patriotism in General Obasanjo’s letters.

“In fact, all the letters written by General Obasanjo to all Military Heads of State and Presidents of the Federal Republic of Nigeria are not guided by patriotic considerations.”

According to him, “My experience with Nigerian political situation is that the top echelons of the Military are always fighting one another, either when in the service or when on retirement.

“It is from this angle that I always view most of the writings of General Olusegun Obasanjo to any military officer who is a Head of State or President in Nigeria as unpatriotic.

“Even the ones he wrote to former Presidents Goodluck Jonathan and the late Umar Musa Yar’Adua were not patriotic. They were guided by selfish interest.”

Yakasai further stated: “General Obasanjo did it during Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida’s era. He did it during the late General Sani Abacha’s regime, which later resulted to accusations that he was trying to overthrow the government, which eventually led to his imprisonment.

“General Olusegun Obasanjo also wrote a number of letters during General Abdulsalami Abubakar’s regime and he is still writing letters in this current presidency of General Muhammadu Buhari.

“So, this attitude of writing unpatriotic letters has been part of General Olusegun Obasanjo.”

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/yakasai-blasts-obasanjo-latest-open-letter-buhari/

All this remarks from Tanko Yakasai only butressed the fear of the north against the much desired restructuring which they are against.
Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by middlebelter(m): 11:00am On Jul 16, 2019
It is good that we still have OBJ around telling the likes to f PMB that he need s to respond to the cries of the people before it is too late.
Is it not obvious that PMB want to subjugate other tribes otherwise, how do we explain his body language?
Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by iJhoe(m): 11:03am On Jul 16, 2019
Wizklynd23:

Then i'd say you must be the most blind here no doubt. U must have been bittered about Obasanjo's outright confrontations to clutter his words to the face of the presidency amidst sundry wits and contradictions. I took time to critically examine his speech and quess what? It's all the truth perhaps, tell me how the public letter defies logicality to what is momentarily happening, if u find any, please then give us ur suggestion or solution, if u have any huh!?. U see if u dont have anything to die for u aint worth to be a human. If u talk u will die and u dont talk u will die, needful or needless make a choice. The speech is the most articulated for well meaning Nigerians and those who have their moral compass intact and not discounted to crass uncritical thinkings.

If the public letter is wrong u should point out a phrase, sentence at least in order of words rather than be sentimentally attached. That's what moral degenerates do, are u one?

1 Like

Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by iJhoe(m): 11:08am On Jul 16, 2019
princeade86:
so a sensitive letter is now for selfish reasons abi.

Just imagine how some people think. You see the problem with Nigeria is people and not the government, and that's why some people just vommit fodders in the hope of talking.
Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by Realjerome200: 11:09am On Jul 16, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
blast him all you want but i am only waiting for this country to collapse. I know it will surely happen and everyone will go their separate ways. it will happen soon
Only time it will take. My only concern is that they are hastening it.
Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by Henrichemeka(m): 11:20am On Jul 16, 2019
Love him or hate him, he is saying the truth
Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by jannylove: 11:21am On Jul 16, 2019
Flashyoil1:
Elder statesman, Tanko Yakasai, on Monday criticized former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, describing his open letter to President Muhammadu Buhari as selfish and unpatriotic, the Nation reports.

Reacting to Obasanjo’s letter to Buhari dated July 15, Yakasai said: “I don’t see patriotism in General Obasanjo’s letters.

“In fact, all the letters written by General Obasanjo to all Military Heads of State and Presidents of the Federal Republic of Nigeria are not guided by patriotic considerations.”

According to him, “My experience with Nigerian political situation is that the top echelons of the Military are always fighting one another, either when in the service or when on retirement.

“It is from this angle that I always view most of the writings of General Olusegun Obasanjo to any military officer who is a Head of State or President in Nigeria as unpatriotic.

“Even the ones he wrote to former Presidents Goodluck Jonathan and the late Umar Musa Yar’Adua were not patriotic. They were guided by selfish interest.”

Yakasai further stated: “General Obasanjo did it during Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida’s era. He did it during the late General Sani Abacha’s regime, which later resulted to accusations that he was trying to overthrow the government, which eventually led to his imprisonment.

“General Olusegun Obasanjo also wrote a number of letters during General Abdulsalami Abubakar’s regime and he is still writing letters in this current presidency of General Muhammadu Buhari.

“So, this attitude of writing unpatriotic letters has been part of General Olusegun Obasanjo.”

SIR YANKO.....TELL YOUR BROTHER BUHARI TO WAKE UP FROM HIS SLUMBER, NIGERIA IS GRADUALLY HEADING TO A FEARFUL END AND YOUR ARE HERE RELEASING HATE SPEECH. WHO YOU EPP.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/yakasai-blasts-obasanjo-latest-open-letter-buhari/
Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by YenYo: 11:24am On Jul 16, 2019
Old man keep kwayet.

Forget the messenger and concentrate ur energy on the message.

What Dr Obasanjo wrote,is it not correct?

Are there not insecurity and killings going on?

Are the Fulani terrorists not fully involved in buhari's govt?

Attend to this issues and leave Dr Obasanjo.

This are the kind of men who have made the North a terrible place to live in.
Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by jannylove: 11:25am On Jul 16, 2019
SIR YANKO.....TELL YOUR BROTHER BUHARI TO WAKE UP FROM HIS SLUMBER, NIGERIA IS GRADUALLY HEADING TO A FEARFUL END AND YOU ARE HERE RELEASING HATE SPEECH. WHO YOU EPP.
Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by Basher8583: 11:26am On Jul 16, 2019
GMbuharii:

You "NO MANS LAND " traffic?

grin

I'm a Hausa boy. I stay in Abuja but I respect Lagos. It's a man's land and it belongs to the Yorubas my sophisticated comrads
Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by Omoslim26: 11:26am On Jul 16, 2019
lordparcel:
Chai Yellobar have Suffered
See Insult to a former President
from fulani Masters

Tufiakwa

nwokem go nd read ur weac past questions b4 u fail dis year's weac again dis is d result of small children having phones causing nuisance on dis forum
Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by 7lives: 11:27am On Jul 16, 2019
post=80314266:
FROM THE ARCHIVES: CHINUA ACHEBE'S LETTER TO OBASANJO (2004)

My Dear President Obasanjo,

I write this letter with a very heavy heart. For some time now I have watched events in Nigeria with alarm and dismay. I have watched particularly the chaos in my own state of Anambra where a small clique of renegades, openly boasting its connections in high places, seems determined to turn my homeland into a bankrupt and lawless fiefdom. I am appalled by the brazenness of this clique and the silence, if not connivance, of the Presidency.

Forty three years ago, at the first anniversary of Nigeria’s independence I was given the first Nigerian National Trophy for Literature. In 1979, I received two further honors – the Nigerian National Order of Merit and the Order of the Federal Republic – and in 1999 the first National Creativity Award.

I accepted all these honors fully aware that Nigeria was not perfect; but I had a strong belief that we would outgrow our shortcomings under leaders committed to uniting our diverse peoples.

Nigeria’s condition today under your watch is, however, too dangerous for silence. I must register my disappointment and protest by declining to accept the high honor awarded me in the 2004 Honors List.

Yours faithfully,

Chinua Achebe
Annandale-on-Hudson, New York

Where is Obasanjo's reply to the above letter?

He is still writing the reply, hoping to deliver it by hand in future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by Themasthetic123: 11:27am On Jul 16, 2019
Did Yankasai really read that letter? Maybe he has developed difficulty in comprehension over time due to old age.
Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 16, 2019
The wordings of the letter speaks for itself, this man condemning OBJ, is a tribal/religious bigot, for him to see no sense in this clearly worded letter of sound advice.
Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by Basher8583: 11:52am On Jul 16, 2019
GMbuharii:

Gworro

grin

Abacha head

Garri Igbo
Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by Lovelife433(m): 11:58am On Jul 16, 2019
Wizklynd23:

wacky olodo.

Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by Basher8583: 12:03pm On Jul 16, 2019
GMbuharii:

Da'lla,you get am por nama?

grin

Nna pass the Bowl of Abacha make I take brush my teeth biko
Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by Basher8583: 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2019
GMbuharii:

Tie those yua cows 1st..

grin

We will after you Tie your mouth and cage your drug dealer brothers
Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by nnokwa042(m): 12:22pm On Jul 16, 2019
Wizklynd23:

so long you can sacrifice your family members for the fulani herds men to kidnapp then I support you,

1 Like

Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by Basher8583: 12:23pm On Jul 16, 2019
GMbuharii:

Oya,chain ya malu, gaskiya

You no go chop Kilishi again. If my cow no chop grass e no go fat. No fat means no meat for Kilishi and suya.
Abeg make dem dey roam they chop grass.

Na to dey destroy other famers crops me I no like. Nobody does.
Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by DJInfluence: 12:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
Even the Yakasai outburst is not guided by patriotism but selfish interest. Why he is not using the opportunity to call on the Govt to do something about the herdsmen?
Re: Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari by Basher8583: 12:33pm On Jul 16, 2019
GMbuharii:

I yaff ban cow meat,me I no wan chop cow wey yua people dey sxx inside bush, seriously

You believe that crap then you are a dark minded pervert just like the originator if the story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti / El-Rufai Sidelined In Selection Of Kaduna Ministerial Nominee - Sahara Reporters / 2023: Tinubu Most Sellable Candidate- Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.