Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes (35853 Views)

Reno Omokri Blasts Ikhide Ikheloa For Speaking Against The Bible / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Herdsmenson: 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2019
So it's Bible that makes Africa underdeveloped? Mumu

10 Likes

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Laysmt001(m): 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2019
I would have given him a benefit of doubt if he was an Atheist; but, he actually believes in God.

So, the god he claimed to be in existence before the invasion of white men, where was "it" when they were enslaving our ancestors.

Anyone can just sink very low when it comes to religion bashing. See as he even found a way to tuck in "homophobic" in his gibberish.

And wait,

Religion and it's doctrine only makes sense to it's adherents. Belief system is faith based. It is not expected to make sense, it is supposed to make faith. You accept everything as it is even though it doesn't peculiarly make sense to pure reasoning. And if you can't accept, find the religion that fits your conviction and lifestyle.

Live and let's live.

I'm not a Christian though

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2019
Well, the man has no proof whatsoever that the Bible is a work of fiction.

This is what you do when you try to rubbish another man's spirituality, you end up making baseless claims.

Has it ever occurred to you that Africa is this way because Africans are mentally lazy?

Stop blaming a book for your own misfortunes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by SeriousPartner(f): 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2019
Lord, have mercy!!!
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by babzo(m): 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hmmm
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Destroyerofyeeb: 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2019
I guess amadioha was snoring when his ancestors were being put in chains...dumb fake woke people everywhere these days.
blindjustice13:
But your own religion could not save you either from the white slave masters after all the goats ,chickens and even human sacrifice (in some tribes) you did before the white slvae masters came with their own. undecided

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Mekanus(m): 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2019
Even me still wonder how sane people still read that trash of a book

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Natoski5(m): 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2019
Neddstark:
A fool says in his heart "There is no God".

Only sick atheists will quote me to insult me

Well he never said they was no God..please read the post again

5 Likes

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Intellectual201: 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
If you are not a Christian fine, but it is wrong to shit on other people's religion simply because you disagree with them. Grow up. One's faith is an individual race.
Dorischuks:
Ikhide Ikheloa, popularly known as Pa Ikhide, has criticized Africans for still believing in the Bible and the 'White man's God.

The literary critic said the Bible "is a great work of fiction" and "a tool of oppression created by feuding brothers to oppress women, children, and the vulnerable."

He wrote on Facebook:

"Unpopular opinion: The bible is a great work of fiction, a tool of oppression created by feuding brothers to oppress women, children and the vulnerable. It is homophobic and racist and to the extent that white slave hunters prayed over captured warriors from West Africa with the bible before they were shipped off to be slaves, it boggles my mind that an African would look at that bible and not hiss in disgust. Their God looked away during the middle passage as millions of Africans perished during the slave trade. We had our own religion before the coming of the white man. What is wrong with us? We are our own slaves. Onugo of my people lives in me.

"Open your eyes. Nonsense.

"Good morning."

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/literary-critic-ikhide-ikheloa-criticizes-africans-still-believe-bible/

8 Likes

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by babzo(m): 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
Natoski5:

Well he never said they was no God..please read the post again

True
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
Their God looked away during the middle passage..and so did ours

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Heineken(m): 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
Jjj

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2019
Xisnin:
He is not saying anything new.
The bible is a fiction mixed with Jewish folklores forced down the throat of Africans
through conquest, deception and brainwashing.
Not Jewish folklore. The Bible is the only surviving book on African history.

The Bible is black history book.

1 Like

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by felixomor: 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2019
Xisnin:
He is not saying anything new.
The bible is a fiction mixed with Jewish folklores forced down the throat of Africans
through conquest, deception and brainwashing.
Ethiopia is a Christian country
They were never colonized

Pls explain

5 Likes

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2019
Correct. People need to understand that religion is simply a tool for control and the God in the bible and Koran are monsters who are less moral than the mortals that worship them. These Gods are jealous and are proud of it, murderers and proud of it and faithfuls only make excuses for them even though they wouldn't do the same.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2019
The so called scolars that are educated went to study in societies that were once primitive and worshiped deities. They were backwards before Christianity came and they stopped alot of babaric practices and moved forward in Science and education. Once they got the education and enlightenment they needed they abandoned religion because they now have it all. Africa is yet to move past the first stage of abandoning primitive and fetish practises. Stop blaming the bible and Christianity for the problems in Africa. The moment Africa abandons ATR and embraces education irrespective of Christianity or not Africa will develop.

9 Likes

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by ednut1(m): 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2019
Sad truths
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by yemmight(m): 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2019
Father please forgive them for they know not what they are doing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
A saw a post someone posted about one Saint that his head was cut off but he carried his head work five miles telling people to repent

And below it people where saying amen....Calling the saint to pray fro them

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by KwoiZabo(m): 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
Neddstark:

There is God but Bible & Jesus is a Scam. Did you not read where he said we had a religion before the Bible came.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
David432v:
There is God
That's not the point. Many of us neither deny nor accept his existence. What is troublesome is his sinful nature and people pretending such attitude is not monstrous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Chijeep(m): 5:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
blindjustice13:
But your own religion could not save you either from the white slave masters after all the goats ,chickens and even human sacrifice (in some tribes) you did before the white slave masters came with their own. undecided.

All those otumokpor did not protect your ancestors from gun powder . In the end science and technology is the real wins over all.

something dey worrying am so badly n I bliv it hell fire
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Lordwaz(m): 5:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
You believe this!? You are a dead man.... Abuse me!
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Grupo(m): 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2019
Xbee007:

No, it was meant to petrify women and children. Hearing the description of hellfire alone will give you serious nightmares.

You are right about that.

As a kid, I found the garden of eden, talking donkeys, etc stories fascinating.

10 Likes

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by CeeJay9ja(m): 6:03pm On Jul 18, 2019
If one-quarter of the world population believe in God and you call them foolish, then I don't mind being foolish

3 Likes

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by MobilityExpress: 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2019
jidenna21:
He made a very good point. Religion has failed totally. It divides more than it unites. This why China banned this nonsense called religion their country is more peaceful than all these stupid African countries

Stop talking like a mumu. The Chinese practice Buddhism and have the largest Buddhists in the world. Is Bhuddism not a religion? undecided

12 Likes

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by owunabastard: 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2019
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think i agree with this man. The Bible should be banned from the surface of the earth. It has outlived it's usefulness. I admire countries like Saudi Arabia that won't tolerate a copy of the evil Bible in it shores sad
Please do not be deceived by this turn coat, you are not a Christian talk less of being a born again, and you are not even from the southern part of Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Angelfrost(m): 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2019
Why the cowardice?.. Why not extend the same courtesy to the religious book of Muslims. Are all Nigerians Christians? Was Islam not also imported?.. It would have served him better to make a sweeping regard or disregard to all foreign religions, instead of singling out the one whose penitents are meek, and do not easily resort to violence... He should take several seats, with all due respect.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Irore: 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2019
Neddstark:

Well said beloved. The reply to what the critic said can be found in the Bible, a complete and accurate book, hail master Jesus.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2019
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think i agree with this man. The Bible should be banned from the surface of the earth. It has outlived it's usefulness. I admire countries like Saudi Arabia that won't tolerate a copy of the evil Bible in it shores sad

You are born again...you said Blv me has outlived its usefulness
You admire Saudi Arabia because will will never tolerate even a single of bible in tere land
Though they have there Quran

Now you telling me that Koran is still very relevant
You will still go ro church in on Sunday and shout the Lord is good.
Hiss

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Funny Names Of Nigerian Churches. / Beautiful Catholic & Anglican Diocese Churches In Anambra State (Photos) / Full-blown Sharia Law Imminent, CAN Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.