Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad (61124 Views)

How Tanko Muhammad Was "Forced" To Resign As CJN / Lawan, Gbajabiamila, CJN Tanko Muhammad, Others Under Probe / CJN Tanko Muhammad Forgot His Standing Position At Democracy Day Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Eskdale(m): 5:08pm On Jul 18, 2019
Munzy14:
Birds of same feather flock together...
Birds of same feather Bleepflock together
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by ukahrawah: 5:10pm On Jul 18, 2019
Utter crap!!
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Dreambeat: 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2019
Organs:

I'm impressed you want to know, now read my comment on this, go again and listen to the question and answer and if you want i can call you and we can have a discussion.
Guy, I don't have your time.
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2019
It’s unfortunate how much Nigeria is retrogressing before our eyes. This is supposed to be th Chief Justice of Nigeria talking about the consequences of relying on the technicalities of Court processes to pass a final judgment instead of considering the subject matter in the administration of Justice. If you did not know the characters involved you will think his answers were given by an incompetent Year 1 law student
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Nchenches: 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2019
phelonrays:
I watch it live, the moment He [Tanko] keep mentioning Pilot and party affiliation in his definition of "technicality", makes me wonder where we are heading to in this "Next Level" of bestiality,
When the Executive is incompetent

The "Incoming" [yes incoming; cause their almighty recess is yet to start) Senate is already Rubber stamp cry

And the last hope of Man which is the JUDICIARY is in the hands of unlearned, unpatriotic, achaic, desperate, choleric and ill-experience folks like Tanko...
Afghanistan is in a good position compared to what Baba RUGA is preparing for Nigeria in the next 2 years........ cry

Tanko was employed by Buhari to get Buhari second term if the presidential election case reaches the Supreme Court, that's all.

In 2017, a split decision by Kenya's Supreme Court annulled Kenya's presidential election.

Rest of Nigeria sleep while Buhari is plotting total Islamization/Fulanization of Nigeria.

Jihadidts never stop.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Excellentmind: 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2019
The Supreme Court that is supposeed to be the last hope of a common man; whose statement is supposed to be law, is now being headed by the Chief Justice who can't differentiate technicality from substance of a case.
This is an indication that consistency in the delivery of justice will never be attained in Nigeria.

It is sad that after all these years, Nigeria has chosen to remain a failed state.
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by D1zion: 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2019
We are finished. It is finished. This is the end.the end has finally come! Buhari why why why.why not search for educated people that will move the country forward & not put it to shame anywhere to hear or rule in some parastatal, instead you're going for dullards like you.his will the younger generation learn, who will mentor them.kai buhari you're a disgraced to this country & every other person sitting as a president anywhere in this world!
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2019
Why did they still go ahead to confirm him?
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by bigfish3k: 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2019
vedaxcool:
The thing pain this ipobu well well

so u mean that its not paining u that nigeria is not growing. its paining me wella
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by pat077: 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2019
his reply was pure hogwash
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Iziquiel(m): 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2019
Nigerian youths are not just lazy, they are intellectually lazy and daft. Many are insulting the CJN when they don't even understand the question that was asked, the answer he gave and the mundane example he used to drive home his point.
I suggest you all go back and watch the video over and over just MAYBE you can grasp something.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Amumaigwe: 5:24pm On Jul 18, 2019
Jchi9876:

I did I don't have to watch again.
Bottom.line he said technicalities are part of our laws and we need to get used to it. Whether on the winning or losing side.

You weren't expecting the CJN to say that literally but we need a justice reform but in the mean time
Judgements are based off superior arguments.
If adeleke had prayed for a retrial the supreme court may have heard him but he was busy praying to be declared governor and that cannot happen

You are either a follow follow Yoruba Muslim or another Fulanis boy plagued with low IQ by nature.
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by pcicero(m): 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2019
Naptu and SoNature have captured the essence of the response of the CJN.

Not that I agree with the CJN, but as both posters have correctly opined, it was a landmine for the CJN. He tactically evaded the question.

We all know that Osun was a miscarriage of justice based on technicality.

The job wasn't tidied before the Supreme Court and the jurists took the easy way out. In my opinion, the case wasn't considered on its own merit.

I did not like Adeleke as flagbearer but it's a democracy and he won.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Skepticus: 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2019
princeade86:
I trust saraki, he will never confirm this thing as cjn.

Lies.

If Saraki and Buhari where in good terms, he would confirm him quicker than expected.

All these politicians are the same in all of their dealing. It's their partisanship for selfish gains that makes you think that one is better. Use your head and don't be fooled by their gimmicks
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by luluosas(m): 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2019
But they went ahead and confirmed him na, so why the uproar?
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by RTSC: 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
AnanseK:

Yes is meant for criminals like Onnoghen abi?
If you must replace onoghen, must he be replaced by an utter dunce?

Why is buhari trying to bring Government down to the intellectual capacity of the north?
Why is he reducing the IQ in government.?

Just look at the NCC nomination.
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by RTSC: 5:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
Carlyscales:

So u think Tanko was anointed n choosing because he declares his asset
Sorry!!!

Somebody is letting some people play piano with them headquarters!!!

Do u also believe that the corruption charges against Sen Goje was dropped because there was no case
They still believe buhari is incorruptible and is fighting corruption.

They live in an alternate universe. A universe of unpatriotic zombies.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by AreaFada2: 6:21pm On Jul 18, 2019
Jchi9876:

Anywhere in the world if a cop doesn't get a warrant or breaks into your house and finds the so called "murder weapon" that case will be thrown out as fast as it came of course based on the good old TECHNICALITIES
Yep. Exactly my point. But the vast majority of cases are not decided based on technicalities. The norm is that the justice system / prosecution body get their acts right whereby cases are decided on merit or lack thereof.

Eyinnayan Abaribe's question centred on two conflicting statements by the Supreme Court regarding technicalities. One seeming to support the weight of technicalities and other seemingly against.

What I expected the CJN to highlight is something along the line that each case is decided on its own merit and how relevant or consequential technical errors, omissions or commissions in each case are.

The above might seem self-evident but what Abaribe and the masses need is reassurance from the CJN. It was an opportunity to display his acumen and debunk insinuations of his selection being based on ethno-religious affiliations.

4 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Lanre0: 6:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
Is Onnogen, the looting & thieving CJN better. We don't need much English again but action with sincerity

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Staro: 6:54pm On Jul 18, 2019
mrvitalis:
Im sorry nigeria

Aswear
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Neoteny(m): 7:11pm On Jul 18, 2019
Munzy14:
Birds of same feather flock together...

The modern version is "birds of the same feather fukk together".

My own version is "feathers of the same bird flap together"

I'll show myself out...

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by corperdonga: 7:14pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hahhahah hahaha haha... We are really getting there. This is the last hope of the common man cry cry cry cry
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Organs(m): 7:14pm On Jul 18, 2019
Dreambeat:
Guy, I don't have your time.

Ofcourse. You don't want to grow. Stay in your ignorance.
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Organs(m): 7:16pm On Jul 18, 2019
krendo:
It’s unfortunate how much Nigeria is retrogressing before our eyes. This is supposed to be th Chief Justice of Nigeria talking about the consequences of relying on the technicalities of Court processes to pass a final judgment instead of considering the subject matter in the administration of Justice. If you did not know the characters involved you will think his answers were given by an incompetent Year 1 law student

Krendo, how can you be so stupid. Can't you comprehend simple english? What was the question asked? How can you be so filled with hate that you cannot use your God given brain?
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Victorvibes(m): 7:30pm On Jul 18, 2019
Someone said he wasted 7 minutes of his life listening to him grin
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Organs(m): 7:36pm On Jul 18, 2019
SoNature:

Abaribe is arguing that the Supreme Court contradicted itself in the two cases with respect to the impact of technicalities on justice administration.

The CJN didn't understand the question.

What he should have done was to explain, as an expert, why the Court had to contradict itself. Sadly, he went about explaining the meaning of technicality without relating it to the context and explaining how justice will be interpreted within the context of technicality under him

No sir, go listen again. Abaribe cited a situation where the Supreme court had said technicalities in judgement should be best avoided and he now gave a case whereby a Judge was not present and i guess judgement was passed based on "technicalities", now the question is where is the supreme court's position? i.e seek to avoid technicalities or use technicalities where possible? And he clearly stated that technicalities is YES, going against the norm and it is available in law and it is subject to interpretation and that they bring in an SME to talk about that before passing Judgement. What this means, is that YES, the Supreme court can and will use "Technicalities" however it uses SME's to arrive at conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Ojiofor: 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2019
Herdsmen men in suit ruling Nigeria.
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Staro: 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2019
So sad
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Organs(m): 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2019
AreaFada2:

Yep. Exactly my point. But the vast majority of cases are not decided based on technicalities. The norm is that the justice system / prosecution body get their act right whereby cases are decided on merit or lack thereof.

Eyinnayan Abaribe's question centred on two conflicting statements by the Supreme Court regarding technicalities. One seeming to support the weight of technicalities and other seemingly against.

What I expected the CJN to highlight is something along the line that each case is decided on its own merit and how relevant or consequential technical errors, omission or commission in each case is.

The above might seem self-evident but what Abaribe and the masses need is reassurance from the CJN. It was an opportunity to display his acumen and debunk insinuations of his selection being based on ethnoreligious affiliations.

Smart man, i am impressed with your explanation. I wish i can send you correct Champagne. However, the CJN does not need to prove anything. He is a legal luminary and well respected amongst legal circles. Those saying rubbish are fools that know nothing, they will always exist anyways. Now, to your second point, if the CJN had said that, people can come up with lots of cases that was judged based on technicalities and say the CJN said so and so let's have the case heard again since initial judgement was based on technicalities, a case in point was where Abaribe had cited an example of a Judge not present during a sitting and i guess they'd concluded based on technicality of a Judges absence. You have to be smart in answering questions as a leader, else you rope yourself in. Again, you are a very smart man. I duff my cap sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by vedaxcool(m): 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2019
bigfish3k:

so u mean that its not paining u that nigeria is not growing. its paining me wella

I. Happy that Nigeria is recovering from the ipob back evil administration of locust PDP, Nigeria is achieving more with far less.
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Esomchi800(m): 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2019
AnanseK:

Yes is meant for criminals like Onnoghen abi?
You are just blind can't you see that's he isn't competent enough Most u bring Onnoghen to the issue even the tanko soon he will join f criminal's association Nobody be saint At least they should find someone more qualified
Re: Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad by Jchi9876: 7:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
Amumaigwe:

You are either a follow follow Yoruba Muslim or another Fulanis boy plagued with low IQ by nature.

Your name says it all anuofia karaka

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obaseki Holds Zoom Meeting With Buhari, Says "I'm The President's Son" / El-Rufai's Wife, Hadiza Visits Her Farm: Husband Won’t Pay Ransom If Kidnapped / Man Who Wears Suit To Sell Kola Nut In Abuja (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.