Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or (45272 Views)

Mbappe Says Messi 'had To Win' Ballon D'or After World Cup Glory / Man Utd Among Favourites For Europa League - Jose Mourinho / Anthony Joshua: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Is My Inspiration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by Memberclub(m): 7:21am On Jul 19, 2019
Mustsucceed:

Don't be fooled by your likes ...do u watch foot ball as a game ? You need to know it as a sport .messi did kini
You must be madd bro.
You clearly watch matches in football centers.
No offense
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by popweezy(m): 7:56am On Jul 19, 2019
oghenerobo91:
Juventus have won the serie A for 6 years before signing Ronaldo. He was expected to give them the champions league but they were humiliated by Ajax. His individual performance also was poor as he recorded his lowest tally in over 8 years. Portugal won the nations league but Ronaldo only played the semi finals and finals, no wonder Bernard silva was named player of the tournament. So tell me how he deserve the world best this season
sorry, did u just say individual performance was poor
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by popweezy(m): 7:58am On Jul 19, 2019
Tajbol4splend:

Ronaldo wey no fit dribble, na hin thread person come dey move go FP, nonsense and FP
I have onece been in ur shoes.. But I took panadol to let go the feelings

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by Aiyk2333: 8:26am On Jul 19, 2019
oghenerobo91:
Juventus have won the serie A for 6 years before signing Ronaldo. He was expected to give them the champions league but they were humiliated by Ajax. His individual performance also was poor as he recorded his lowest tally in over 8 years. Portugal won the nations league but Ronaldo only played the semi finals and finals, no wonder Bernard silva was named player of the tournament. So tell me how he deserve the world best this season
same LA liga barca have been winning with ease Messi won last season he lost every other competition woefully, tell me how he deserves it!!! be writing rubbish. the fucking award has always been who won a major. vvd or Ronaldo, I know they won't give mane, who undoubtedly deserves it. Messi can score millions. Suarez have won the pichichi too, has it given him the world best??

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by tesppidd: 8:45am On Jul 19, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Just like Messi was ahead of sneijner in 2010 and Ronaldo in 2012
2012?

Lol.

Stop disgracing yourself.

2012 was the year Messi scored;

*14 goals in the champions league
*50 goals in la liga
*73 goals in the season
*91 goals in the year
*23 assists in the season
*Won Copa del rey

And Ronaldo won only la liga and his fans kept on deluding themselves that he deserved to win the ballon dor. And obviously the delusion continues till date.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by Beverlyjean(f): 8:53am On Jul 19, 2019
tesppidd:
2012?

Lol.

Stop disgracing yourself.

2012 was the year Messi scored;

*14 goals in the champions league
*50 goals in la liga
*73 goals in the season
*91 goals in the year
*23 assists in the season
*Won Copa del rey

And Ronaldo won only la liga and his fans kept on deluding themselves that he deserved to win the ballon dor. And obviously the delusion continues till date.

Thank you very much ...in 2013 Ronaldo scored 76 goals and please stop disgracing urself with Messi winning Copa del Rey as achievement... If Messi scoring 91 goals was the reason why he won it in 2012 despite winning nothing, then Ronaldo should also deserve it the following year for scoring 76 goals
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by Beverlyjean(f): 9:00am On Jul 19, 2019
Aiyk2333:

same LA liga barca have been winning with ease Messi won last season he lost every other competition woefully, tell me how he deserves it!!! be writing rubbish. the fucking award has always been who won a major. vvd or Ronaldo, I know they won't give mane, who undoubtedly deserves it. Messi can score millions. Suarez have won the pichichi too, has it given him the world best??

Thank you very much... U just said it, it shows how fake and hypocritical Messi fans are... No difference between what Suarez did 3yrs ago and what Messi did this year.... Suarez won pichichi and European golden boot with European golden boot and that season was competitive cos Barca won with just 1point with Suarez scoring a hat trick in the final game... Infact he scored about 13 goals in his last 4 games... So those deluded Messi fans should pick their big L sign
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by Aiyk2333: 9:03am On Jul 19, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Thank you very much ...in 2013 Ronaldo scored 76 goals and please stop disgracing urself with Messi winning Copa del Rey as achievement... If Messi scoring 91 goals was the reason why he won it in 2012 despite winning nothing, then Ronaldo should also deserve it the following year for scoring 76 goals
I wonder how you guys have all the time to argue with blind sentimentally deluded Messi fans. Blatter is gone, international competition was played this year it should contribute 50 or 40 percent to the coefficient of winning balon. It has always been so except the shamble of 2010. Every other disposition from delusional fan is nothing but noise
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by tesppidd: 9:13am On Jul 19, 2019
Beverlyjean:

My dear,

Ballon dor is never strictly about goals, neither is it stricly about trophies,

It's always about both of them, there's always got to be a good mix.

It's left for the voters and the fans to use their discretion.

For example;

If a player achieves the treble, and gets some goals in the process you have to put him above someone who scores even 1 million goals.

Then again if a player scores a lot of goals and assists like 80 goals and 20 assists even without a trophy you must put him above a player who won just one trophy and scored maybe 40 goals.

It is discretionary. It is never strictly about trophies or strictly about goals.

Then when it comes to a World Cup year I agree that the World Cup should take special priority for ballon dors.

* Iniesta should have won the 2010 ballon dor.
* Ribery should have won the 2013 ballon dor.
* Manuel Neuer should have won the 2014 ballon dor.

These were the wrongly awarded ballon dors.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by tesppidd: 9:17am On Jul 19, 2019
Aiyk2333:

I wonder how you guys have all the time to argue with blind sentimentally deluded Messi fans. Blatter is gone, international competition was played this year it should contribute 50 or 40 percent to the coefficient of winning balon. It has always been so except the shamble of 2010. Every other disposition from delusional fan is nothing but noise
See this criminals.

There is nothing like "international competition"

The only competition that should take priority over the leagues and champions league is the FIFA World Cup.

Any other so called international competition cannot displace a 38 week league or the champions league.

Stop trying to play wayo.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by Aiyk2333: 9:23am On Jul 19, 2019
tesppidd:
See this criminals.

There is nothing like "international competition"

The only competition that should take priority over the leagues and champions league is the FIFA World Cup.

Any other so called international competition cannot displace a 38 week league or the champions league.

Stop trying to play wayo.
see the poo coming out from ur mouth I know you'd say this if Messi won copa America.. every international competition contributes because it's not played yearly like the leagues. it is a MAJOR competition maybe you don't know that under the auspices of FIFA
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 19, 2019
Memberclub:

You must be madd bro.
You clearly watch matches in football centers.
No offense

Guy u funny oooo u say am mad come tell me say no offense bro grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by Beverlyjean(f): 9:25am On Jul 19, 2019
tesppidd:
My dear,

Ballon dor is never strictly about goals, neither is it stricly about trophies,

It's always about both of them, there's always got to be a good mix.

It's left for the voters and the fans to use their discretion.

For example;

If a player achieves the treble, and gets some goals in the process you have to put him above someone who scores even 1 million goals.

Then again if a player scores a lot of goals and assists like 80 goals and 20 assists even without a trophy you must put him above a player who won just one trophy and scored maybe 40 goals.

It is discretionary. It is never strictly about trophies or strictly about goals.

Then when it comes to a World Cup year I agree that the World Cup should take special priority for ballon dors.

* Iniesta should have won the 2010 ballon dor.
* Ribery should have won the 2013 ballon dor.
* Manuel Neuer should have won the 2014 ballon dor.

These were the wrongly awarded ballon dors.

Ronaldo should hv have won 2012 , 2014 , 2015 ,2016 and 2017 ...

Messi only deserved 2009, 2011 and 2015... According to ur analysis
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by tesppidd: 9:28am On Jul 19, 2019
Aiyk2333:

see the poo coming out from ur mouth I know you'd say this if Messi won copa America.. every international competition contributes because it's not played yearly like the leagues. it is a MAJOR competition maybe you don't know that under the auspices of FIFA
Use your head!

Copa America + La Liga + Pichichi + European Golden Shoe + Top champions league scorer + Too scorer in all competitions.

Would have won him Ballon dor hands down,

Not just Copa America.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by tesppidd: 9:30am On Jul 19, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Explain how he should have won 2012, 2014 and 2015 according to my analysis.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 19, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Ur brain is certainly malfunctioning.... Just like Messi was best in 2010 ahead of sneijner ... Nonsense freaks
2013 Ballon d'or says hi tongue
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by tesppidd: 9:43am On Jul 19, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Messi
Copa del rey
Top scorer in la liga
Top scorer in champions league
Top scorer in the season
Top scorer in the year with 91 goals and Guiness record

Ronaldo
Won la liga

By my analysis which you refered to, world cup takes precedence. As I agreed for Iniesta 2010.

Neuer
Won world cup
Won bundesliga

Messi won the treble
Scored a lot of goals too.

So how does my analysis prove otherwise?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by Aiyk2333: 9:47am On Jul 19, 2019
tesppidd:
Use your head!

Copa America + La Liga + Pichichi + European Golden Shoe + Top champions league scorer + Too scorer in all competitions.

Not just Copa America.
champions league winner, afcon finalist, premier league joint top scorer -Mane
champions league winner, copa America winner, best keeper in both -Allison
too juventus scorer in first season, unl winner, coppa italia winner, seria A winner - Ronaldo
and with ur use of head u think that rubbish u wrote superceeds this. ur so blind. Suarez won all this three years ago, top scorer in champions league and league, plus European top scorer, he won balon abi... leave sentiment and use ur brain. Messi is not ur father neither will he give u a dime
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by Aiyk2333: 9:55am On Jul 19, 2019
tesppidd:
Use your head!

Not just Copa America.
in 2016 Suarez won exactly all this is. Exactly.. I hope u gave him balon then. It's now Messi and all hell is breaking loose. Ronaldo had all these last season brainless people said Modric deserved it because of world cup
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by Beverlyjean(f): 10:29am On Jul 19, 2019
tesppidd:

Messi
Copa del rey
Top scorer in la liga
Top scorer in champions league
Top scorer in the season
Top scorer in the year with 91 goals and Guiness record

Ronaldo
Won la liga

By my analysis which you refered to, world cup takes precedence. As I agreed for Iniesta 2010.

Neuer
Won world cup
Won bundesliga

Messi won the treble
Scored a lot of goals too.

So how does my analysis prove otherwise?

Ronaldo
Top scorer champions League
Top league goal scorer 48goals
European golden boot
Top goal scorer of the season and year
Top with 76 goals

Ronaldo won champions League , real Madrid's first since 02, won the Copa del Rey
Was top scorer in the CL
Qualified Portugal to the world cup by scoring a hat trick against ibrahimovic's Sweden 3.2

Champions League supercedes the league
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by Beverlyjean(f): 10:30am On Jul 19, 2019
eni4real:
2013 Ballon d'or says hi tongue

2012 also says well don sir
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by Beverlyjean(f): 10:33am On Jul 19, 2019
tesppidd:
Explain how he should have won 2012, 2014 and 2015 according to my analysis.

I made a mistake with 2015 ... Messi won 2015...but if he won 2012 by goals scored without any genuine trophy ,then Ronaldo also deserved 2013 by goals scored
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by sssoulw(m): 11:02am On Jul 19, 2019
Una no dey look performance on field sha..... For Juve no b only Ronaldo carry the trophies na.... D full team carried it... or you want to tell me now that Moise Kean is better than hazard because of the trophies abi....
Sha I no fit argue
naturalwaves:

What bitter truth is he talking about?
What was Hazard's achievement last season?
You think it is about running gra gra??
How many cups did Hazard win
Has Hazard ever scored a hatrick for his country?
How many career hatrick does he even have in his lifetime?
What was his goal tally last season
Such a shame that you could not even find someone better to compare with Ronaldo. Such a big shame!
Till when Hazard retires, he can never achieve 1/4 of what Ronaldo has achieved. That's the bitter truth you need to swallow.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 19, 2019
Beverlyjean:

2012 also says well don sir
2012 Messi is the greatest peak of any player in history!!!

Nobody will ever come close

He deserves something greater than Ballon d'or for that performance....

Happy that it is recognized by Guinness World record cool cool cool
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by tesppidd: 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Ronaldo
Top scorer champions League
Top league goal scorer 48goals
European golden boot
Top goal scorer of the season and year
Top with 76 goals

Ronaldo won champions League , real Madrid's first since 02, won the Copa del Rey
Was top scorer in the CL
Qualified Portugal to the world cup by scoring a hat trick against ibrahimovic's Sweden 3.2

Champions League supercedes the league
You still did not understand my analysis which you claim to have understood.

From my analysis for 2013

Ribery's treble overrides everything Ronaldo did.

For 2014

Neuer's World Cup overrides everything Ronaldo did.

Let me repeat in case you are refusing to understand me.

It is NOT by trophies ONLY.

It is NOT by Goals ONLY.

It's a mix of both!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by tesppidd: 12:51pm On Jul 19, 2019
Aiyk2333:

champions league winner, afcon finalist, premier league joint top scorer -Mane
champions league winner, copa America winner, best keeper in both -Allison
too juventus scorer in first season, unl winner, coppa italia winner, seria A winner - Ronaldo
and with ur use of head u think that rubbish u wrote superceeds this. ur so blind. Suarez won all this three years ago, top scorer in champions league and league, plus European top scorer, he won balon abi... leave sentiment and use ur brain. Messi is not ur father neither will he give u a dime
If Mane wins this AFCON then he will be my number one choice for ballon dor.
He would have won AFCON, Champions league and scored a lot of goals too.
That's the mix am talking about.

If he doesn't win AFCON then Messi for me before Van Dyke.

Therefore if Mane wins the AFCON today, my order will be

1. Mane
2. Messi
3. Van Dyke

Get that!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by tesppidd: 1:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
eni4real:
2012 Messi is the greatest peak of any player in history!!!

Nobody will ever come close

He deserves something greater than Ballon d'or for that performance....

Happy that it is recognized by Guinness World record cool cool cool
Don't mind these insane people.

After what Messi did in world football in 2012,

They still thought that Ronaldo deserved ballon dor that year because Mourinhoe told them so.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 19, 2019
tesppidd:
Don't mind these insane people.

After what Messi did in world football in 2012,

They still thought that Ronaldo deserved ballon dor that year because Mourinhoe told them so.
Even Ronaldo knows that what Messi did in 2012 is untouchable!!!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by Beverlyjean(f): 2:32pm On Jul 19, 2019
tesppidd:
You still did not understand my analysis which you claim to have understood.

From my analysis for 2013

Ribery's treble overrides everything Ronaldo did.

For 2014

Neuer's World Cup overrides everything Ronaldo did.

Let me repeat in case you are refusing to understand me.

It is NOT by trophies ONLY.

It is NOT by Goals ONLY.

It's a mix of both!

Ronaldo won la Liga in 2012 and also scored 66 goals

It's a great mix...not like he scored 20 goals , with Madrid also breaking the record with 100 points

Messi was top scorer in 2012 CL with 14 goals while Ronaldo scored 10 goals... Messi scored 46 la Liga goals and Ronaldo scored 44 ... Ronaldo was top scorer in 2013 CL with 12 goals while Messi scored 8goals
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by tesppidd: 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Ronaldo won la Liga in 2012 and also scored 66 goals

It's a great mix...not like he scored 20 goals , with Madrid also breaking the record with 100 points

Messi was top scorer in 2012 CL with 14 goals while Ronaldo scored 10 goals... Messi scored 46 la Liga goals and Ronaldo scored 44 ... Ronaldo was top scorer in 2013 CL with 12 goals while Messi scored 8goals
Records set by Messi in 2012;

League top scorer 50 goals RECORD
Season top scorer 73 goals RECORD
Year top scorer 91 goals RRCORD
Year top assists 23 assists RECORD
Record scorer in a single champions league game 5 goals RECORD
Won the Copa del rey

Ronaldo came second best in every single individual stat and he was supposed to win the ballon dor?

Why? because he won la liga? Not even a treble or a double, only la liga?
Or because Mourinho said so?

Make no mistakes about it girl,

2012 was Messi's best ballon dor.

Messi's ballon dor in 2012 was the most deserved ballon dor he ever won.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by Beverlyjean(f): 5:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
tesppidd:
Records set by Messi in 2012;

League top scorer 50 goals RECORD
Season top scorer 73 goals RECORD
Year top scorer 91 goals RRCORD
Year top assists 23 assists RECORD
Record scorer in a single champions league game 5 goals RECORD
Won the Copa del rey

Ronaldo came second best in every single individual stat and he was supposed to win the ballon dor?

Why? because he won la liga? Not even a treble or a double, only la liga?
Or because Mourinho said so?

Make no mistakes about it girl,

2012 was Messi's best ballon dor.

Messi's ballon dor in 2012 was the most deserved ballon dor he ever won.

U still not making sense cos Blatter dashed him 2 awards and that was , 2010 and 2012 ...all of a sudden it's not individual... Over the years, it had always been achievements first b4 individual...u Messi fans created this trash individual ...
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or by tesppidd: 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
Beverlyjean:

U still not making sense cos Blatter dashed him 2 awards and that was , 2010 and 2012 ...all of a sudden it's not individual... Over the years, it had always been achievements first b4 individual...u Messi fans created this trash individual ...
Damn

Am tired of you

Bye Bye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘Leaked’ Ballon D’or List Reveals Robert Lewandowski As Winner / Manchester City's Benjamin Mendy To Remain In Prison Until Next Year / Meet The Youngest Players Of AFCON 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.