Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,269 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" (31095 Views)

Technology Creating New Generations Of Illiterates In Nigeria – Wole Soyinka / Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival / #TwitterBan: Wole Soyinka Blasts IPOB, ESN, Calls Them Soulmates Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by martineverest(m): 6:01pm On Jul 18, 2019
Angelfrost:

It's a very worrisome, and disturbing trend...
I thought I was the only one that noticed it...they are the 'money-oriented',trollers and fake news spreaders.

sometimes when u read comments or reactions of these educated illiterates,u wonder if they ever attended schools
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by dantewest: 6:03pm On Jul 18, 2019
He's obviously still pained and still feels humiliated by the young man who told him to vacate his seat on the airplane.

Who isn't disappointed with everything Nigerian Mr.Nobel laureate
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by sylvanus190: 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2019
Mr Soyinka, let remind you that in your days brillant student study outside nigeria but today rich children do. no more scholarship for the poor. All you people that went and study abroad came back and open private school and private hospital for the rich people, forgetting that it was the tax payer money was used for your scholarship. you people are the cause of problem we face today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2019
nototribalist:
I believe is the South West and North

Your English validates the fact that you are from the South East.

@the bolded should be *it's

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by SoftP(m): 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2019
ajagidiagbo1:
Says a distinguished dingbat and beclouded fool.

I can perceive wasted semen from quite a distance.

Just gat to clean u up with my rag

#sorry
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Rollins777(m): 6:08pm On Jul 18, 2019
How many schools our president go when una when scattered book Dey answer “SIR” for?
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Angelfrost(m): 6:09pm On Jul 18, 2019
martineverest:
I thought I was the only one that noticed it...they are the 'money-oriented',trollers and fake news spreaders.

sometimes when u read comments or reactions of these educated illiterates,u wonder if they ever attended schools

Bro, I just exhausted my time and good words on one of them in another thread... Like I once said, we will continue to pay the terrible price for making light of good education as a nation. I pity this generation.
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Nathphil(m): 6:11pm On Jul 18, 2019
mystic77:
I totally support his claim..isn't it the same youth's that protested about COZA over a mere allegation but cannot protest over Ruga.

Isn't it thr same youth's complaining about unemployment but are busy watching bbnaija, even wasting the hard earned money they begged from family or friends to vote

Isn't it the same you that prefers PDP to APC and vice versa

Isn't it the same youth who read topoc without reading write-up and jump to comment... Even here on NL

Isn't the same youth that do not have a mind of there own but only repeat what a politician or celebrity says.

Same youth's who care less who is ther LG chairman but blame FG all there life

Same youth who only criticize the government of other regions but care less about what is going on in tgere respective home, just to score cheap political goal

Same youth will still wait for there grand father's mate to lead a protest for them
spot on
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2019
Prof is 100% right on this tongue
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by seanjy4konji: 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2019
baba...na house rent i deh find like this..
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by jcross19: 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2019
Flashyoil1:

http://saharareporters.com/2019/07/18/stop-writing-rubbish-internet-soyinka-tells-nigerian-youths
see our noble laureate see what's spewing as professor? and elder statesman for that matter! instead he should direct this nonsense to our president and CJN the two of these nincompoops are your leaders on you professor with your nonsense vocabularies thinking you are wise.
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2019
lathrowinger:
Make Nigerian split. That's the best thing. Make everybody dey their lane...
When talk Good, they will still complain. wetin man wan do. U can't please all
I go hold your waist, I go hold your hand, I go hold you well o, fellow Nigerian I no go let you down... grin

We are not separating tongue
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Bidi123: 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2019
What do you expect when the head is illitrate.
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by jcross19: 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2019
SoftP:

I can perceive wasted semen from quite a distance.

Just gat to clean u up with my rag

#sorry
is a shame that our leaders are illiterates from cow nation and the Mr professor can only blow grammar.
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Ijawwomaninoyo: 6:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
Skepticus:

Nairaland and Twitter are their headquarters.

Too many idiiots holed up in these platforms.

The worse thing is not that they are stupid illiterates, but they have every possible logic-defying ad hominem excuses to defend their stupidity. Some are already doing it now.

Chop 3 gbosas!

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2019
..........And the worst thing is not them being illiterates, it is such a sophisticated level of illiteracy that blinds them from realizing that they are more than just illiterates.

In addition to these cocktails of illiteracy and stupidity is celebrating their illiteracy by voting fellow illiterate who gives them the false illusion that they can make it big in life as illiterates..........It is not true. There is a level to which an illiterate can count money, cos its numbers.

Even the music industry is powered by legions of regional rap music and rhymes that further emasculates their stupidy with silly dance steps. it is the personification of illiteracy, the dance of illiterates.

The level of illiteracy scares the very educated into making all attempts even at the loss of all their savings to fly out of the country to find a good life at 'Abroad', by-all-means.

Today, we have criminals who think it is the native doctors' potent jazz that delivers potent mind control to control victims by buying and selling private human organs and items of clothing.

Nigeria's uneducated population is not just a legion of people, it is a mass consciousness of Illiteracy programming the group souls into energy vampires that seek blood through rituals, murders, terrorism, kidnapping, regional invasions and eventually and unavoidable internal war.

Even the blind can see it coming and is happening in pockets of places and growing..........

It is a destiny waxed by fate in AI Universe, powered by Gaia herself.

The only thing that can save this country, might just be a New Leadership Immediately, and if justice is denied, we will head to that inevitable entropy, which makes my work very difficult.

Since they can not read, they don't know that the Spirit of Rwanda calls Nigeria, and before Rwanda, it was Cambodia, and she moves around Gaia from place to place, organ to organ, system to system especially to locations where Boko is Haram.

CAVEAT: Do not believe me, cos I lie a lot. All the above are lies.

5 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Jamestown123: 6:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
Tamasaba:
Who school help? Naso una go push youths go school. After school you go tell them say work no dey say make them go learn handwork. Nonsense. Illiteracy don take over. School dey favour people like u wey dem dey pay as visiting lecturer for different universities. U just dey talk to protect ur interest and customers(students). Without students them fire u. Nonsense

Now just see why u really need to go to school.
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by azikiweironsi(m): 6:27pm On Jul 18, 2019
Tamasaba:
Who school help? Naso una go push youths go school. After school you go tell them say work no dey say make them go learn handwork. Nonsense. Illiteracy don take over. School dey favour people like u wey dem dey pay as visiting lecturer for different universities. U just dey talk to protect ur interest and customers(students). Without students them fire u. Nonsense

This is one of them that the Noble Laureate was referring to . No aota of respect in their responses.
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 18, 2019
Tamasaba:

That text is so simple - yet you can't grasp the message?

You need help bro undecided

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Jamestown123: 6:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
SoftP:
Coming from a literate selfish old guru...

& U were so wise enough to support the dethronement of an educated man over an illiterate Mallam to rule over ur country, all because of ur selfish desire.

& That lil kid was wise enough to kick u out of his own seat,
most of y'all old men don't deserve sympathy in 9ja

No dey mumu urself for internet abeg, its painful.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by pansophist(m): 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2019
Tamasaba:

Smart idiot. You are exactly the kind of unproductive youth he is referring to. You wrote in pidgin, to shield yourself from being expose as a dimwit incapable of eloquently expressing yourself in English, and you think we wont see through it. Lazy youth

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Aladdin1(m): 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2019
The truth i picked from this is that nigerians are more brave and bold to speak out against injustice,tyranny and bad governance when outside their country.but in their own country they become foolishly timid and cowardly sychopants who love their chains and slavemasters.WHY? Methinks illiteracy and years of contineous oppresion leading to rapid fear and mental slavery is the cause.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Bizibi(m): 6:36pm On Jul 18, 2019
Angelfrost:

Exactly sir. It's so tiring holding conversations these days. So much emptiness from our youths, it's embarrassing the comments they put up on international forums like BBC, CNN, Al-Jazeera, etc.
their comments on those pages are annoying.
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Oluseye101: 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2019
I am Akinola....director at AK rainbows designs ... I design matured tye and dye wears... Currently we are in need of wholesalers across different institutions within the country....are you an undergraduate and you want to make additional income to the money you get from home... Imagine you
Make 500 gain on every wear you sell to your friends... Now imagine you selling to the whole institution...... Any interested person can chat us on 08130214301...we will show you some samples and you'll be waoed .....corp members can also key into this..real bussness deal only...thanks ‎
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Angelfrost(m): 6:42pm On Jul 18, 2019
Bizibi:
their comments on those pages are annoying.

As in... Go to the Facebook pages of BBC sports, Sky sports, and read comments. Poor grammar is forgivable, but the level of reasoning and IQ is shameful.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by azikiweironsi(m): 6:44pm On Jul 18, 2019
jcross19:
see our noble laureate see what's spewing as professor? and elder statesman for that matter! instead he should direct this nonsense to our president and CJN the two of these nincompoops are your leaders on you professor with your nonsense vocabularies thinking you are wise.

Sit down there and wait for him to direct your fight to the President and CJN. Let me enlighten you if you don't know history. The man you called nonsense achieved more than you are now in his youth. They even faced with military junta. Carried out series of protests with Solarin, Gani Fawehinmi, Benibeko Ransomekuti etc.. They went to jail several times. Read his book THE MAN DIED. Of course I won't be surprise if you had never heard of it before. Youth of nowadays like yours never reads but spend hours on internet, instagram etc.
Still waiting for old generation to fight for them. What a pity. Not even understood his message before jumping to castigate him.
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by LOVELYSKINZNEW(f): 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2019
hmm
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by vaxx: 6:48pm On Jul 18, 2019
Tamasaba:

An educated jobless literate is better than jobless illiterate .ignorance is just too expensive.
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Isnow: 6:53pm On Jul 18, 2019
the education u give itself is d best education...universities where different talent are being thought the same thing. fixing rectangular object in a square hole
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by kunmiiii: 6:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
Tamasaba:

Woow!! Lol....You're so unaware and oblivious that you just proved Professor Soyinka's point to the letter, makes it even more hilarious and amusing! grin

Soyinka is truly a sage!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG / Why Abdulmumin Jibrin Wants To Dump APC / EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.