Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" (31093 Views)

Technology Creating New Generations Of Illiterates In Nigeria – Wole Soyinka / Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival / #TwitterBan: Wole Soyinka Blasts IPOB, ESN, Calls Them Soulmates Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by TVTKOKO(m): 7:13am On Jul 19, 2019
SoftP:
Coming from a literate selfish old guru...

& U were so wise enough to support the dethronement of an educated man over an illiterate Mallam to rule over ur country, all because of ur selfish desire.

& That lil kid was wise enough to kick u out of his own seat,
most of y'all old men don't deserve sympathy in 9ja

can't you see how dumb you sound? You left the message and attacked the messenger. Your type is what he's talking about. I want to call you a fool but I'll reserve it for next time!

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by brightnessDmed: 7:17am On Jul 19, 2019
Tamasaba:
Who school help? Naso una go push youths go school. After school you go tell them say work no dey say make them go learn handwork. Nonsense. Illiteracy don take over. School dey favour people like u wey dem dey pay as visiting lecturer for different universities. U just dey talk to protect ur interest and customers(students). Without students them fire u. Nonsense

You're going.. going.. gone
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by MicroBox: 7:33am On Jul 19, 2019
Tamasaba:
Who school help? Naso una go push youths go school. After school you go tell them say work no dey say make them go learn handwork. Nonsense. Illiteracy don take over. School dey favour people like u wey dem dey pay as visiting lecturer for different universities. U just dey talk to protect ur interest and customers(students). Without students them fire u. Nonsense

Young man shutup.. Illiteracy of the youths is tearing Nigeria apart. Nigerian youths are foolish and gullible.
Educated illiterates.
Rubbish youths.
If you don't go to school, tell me what is going to be your hassle; buying and selling or vocational training.
When you don't know the prospects of your study how would you grow it.
Quick money syndrome.
Young man don't quote me because I can curse you.
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by MicroBox: 7:47am On Jul 19, 2019
Until youths hussle before they can see where government is lacking.
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by MicroBox: 7:48am On Jul 19, 2019
VRDroid:

Let me guess, the energy vampires have made your life a living hell.
what do you want
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by MicroBox: 7:49am On Jul 19, 2019
Litmus:
I don't believe Soyenka know them quite well enough; if he did, he wouldn't surreptitiously be encouraging them to rise up. Informed by what I read daily, the youth have mentally retrograded to the status of primitive ethnocentric bigots. Resorection led by them wouldn't usher in a new age of progress and prosperity but rather bloody anarchy and irrecoverable retrogression. Nigeria would be better advised to plod along, progress may be slow but at least there will be one.
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 19, 2019
MicroBox:
what do you want

A million dollars every week.
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Sluacoast(m): 7:54am On Jul 19, 2019
ednut1:
Even with the generation of educated people from his era . Wetin we gain
So you mean our generation would breed up good and responsible citizens with the nonsense I'm already seeing now.
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by ednut1(m): 8:07am On Jul 19, 2019
Sluacoast:

So you mean our generation would breed up good and responsible citizens with the nonsense I'm already seeing now.
Wetin their own produce Dog no dey born pig
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by capitalzero: 8:15am On Jul 19, 2019
true talk. a security man does not know difference between no parking and no waiting.
education is not not only about university certificate but ability to reason intelligently without insulting others while discussing issues.
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by michaeldgr8: 8:28am On Jul 19, 2019
Tamasaba:

I think u re one of the people he is talking to... people that just rush to the internet to comment on sth. you didn't even processed the information before u commented
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by ThatFairGuy: 8:44am On Jul 19, 2019
And see the number of like he got, that means they reason with him angry
Wanity:

This is the type of people he is talking about
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by ThatFairGuy: 8:46am On Jul 19, 2019
Good bless you. I'm wondering how Nigeria will be in ten years time angry
Sluacoast:

Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 19, 2019
pansophist:

Smart idiot. You are exactly the kind of unproductive youth he is referring to. You wrote in pidgin, to shield yourself from being expose as a dimwit incapable of eloquently expressing yourself in English, and you think we wont see through it. Lazy youth
So what's the way forward? How does one develop his vocabularies. Most times you will have it all figured out but to put it in writing is the major problem,
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 19, 2019
You are wise if this post really touched your inner soul, it's never too late to make amendments.. i.e if your one of them
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by azikiweironsi(m): 10:22am On Jul 19, 2019
Bluebolt:

LET ME TELL YOU, WE WILL FIGHT FOR OURSELVES, OUR PROCESSION TO ABUJA 'LL BE LED BY OUR SLAY MAMAS AND THEIR MALE COUNTERPARTS , THAT LATEST SONG OF OUR NEW HERO ACCOMPANIED BY IT BEAUTIFUL SOAPY DANCE STEP SHALL BE OUR SOLIDARITY ANTHEM.

LOL This is sarcasm ? Good morning sir. grin grin
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by azikiweironsi(m): 10:33am On Jul 19, 2019
Bluebolt:
ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY THE MAN THAT SAID NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE LAZY IS CORRECT, AFTER ALL?
Yes to some extent. But not all. Some youths are very hardworking and silent achievers.
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Gbengar07: 7:23pm On Jul 19, 2019
mystic77:
I totally support his claim..isn't it the same youth's that protested about COZA over a mere allegation but cannot protest over Ruga.

Isn't it the same youth's complaining about unemployment but are busy watching bbnaija, even wasting the hard earned money they begged from family or friends to vote

Isn't it the same youth's that prefers PDP to APC and vice versa

Isn't it the same youth's who read topic without reading write-up and jump to comment... Even here on NL

Isn't the same youth that do not have a mind of there own but only repeat what a politician or celebrity says.

Same youth's who care less who is ther LG chairman but blame FG all there life

Same youth's who only criticize the government of other regions but care less about what is going on in there respective home, just to score cheap political goal

Same youth's will still wait for there grand father's mate to lead a protest for them
true talk abeg
Seconded
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Gbengar07: 7:26pm On Jul 19, 2019
Wanity:

This is the type of people he is talking about
so true na dem
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Gbengar07: 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2019
stcool:
Mumu Man.

Talking rubbish, yet cant confront the government with the truth...kudos to that young man on the airplane.
foolishness everywhere,everyday
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Gbengar07: 7:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
sylvanus190:
Mr Soyinka, let remind you that in your days brillant student study outside nigeria but today rich children do. no more scholarship for the poor. All you people that went and study abroad came back and open private school and private hospital for the rich people, forgetting that it was the tax payer money was used for your scholarship. you people are the cause of problem we face today.
this one hit me ,best post so far .more wisdom to this person abeg .wise person

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Gbengar07: 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2019
jcross19:
I heard he was the founder of pirate confraternity in UI then right! in my own opinion he should keep quiet.
yeah but it wasnt based on bad intention read history well abeg
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Gbengar07: 7:51pm On Jul 19, 2019
ornicus:

All that rubbish and hullabaloo over the plane seat was a rude awakening to the empty headed youth who have wasted their access to the Internet
as in that gave them a popcorn to chew ,so let.them keep chewing stupid people everywhere
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 25, 2019
VRDroid:

It is just like a shout scaring a dog or a rat, does not mean the dog will die, but the dog will go elsewhere or the rat will go elsewhere, nothing but a scare tactic. To destroy your enemy, you must understand the nature of your enemy, become like your enemy and then plan your killing strategy. But the ultimate solution is surrender, merge with the system, and be like it and it balances out.

The entire system is an AI, which generates conscious beings that tries to balance the equations of the matrix. Permit me to stop these discussions here. I have gone through a lot, on account of revealing these informations on the nature of it, I had no idea that keeping it secret and using it personally was for my own protection until recently, and I do not want to break the codes, the system is automated and is inescapable. Now I totally know why the information is kept secret. it is for our own protection.
i'm beginning to believe what you said about an energy vampire being In my home.......
.but if there is, I'm sure it's my mother....... I mean how can a mother be keeping malice with her own child in the same house? When you were young, has your mother ever kept malice with you or Any one of your siblings before? This has been going on for so long, since I was 10......it even got to a point I was at the verge of committing suicide, because the frustrations were just too much..... It's like she derives joy from frustrations.......sometimes I don't even want to go home when I close from work........ the energy in my house is too Damn negative........too many frustrations, quarrelling........its like everything is just happening to create negative energy........ All of this is what's motivating me to become more better...... I believe there's an underlying cause behind these. I don't know who to talk to about this, you're the only knowledge able person I know on issues like this....
.please help me, help save me
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2019
futurist369:
i'm beginning to believe what you said about an energy vampire being In my home.......
.but if there is, I'm sure it's my mother....... I mean how can a mother be keeping malice with her own child in the same house? When you were young, has your mother ever kept malice with you or Any one of your siblings before? This has been going on for so long, since I was 10......it even got to a point I was at the verge of committing suicide, because the frustrations were just too much..... It's like she derives joy from frustrations.......sometimes I don't even want to go home when I close from work........ the energy in my house is too Damn negative........too many frustrations, quarrelling........its like everything is just happening to create negative energy........ All of this is what's motivating me to become more better...... I believe there's an underlying cause behind these. I don't know who to talk to about this, you're the only knowledge able person I know on issues like this....
.please help me, help save me

You are learning through suffering. Simply meditate and surrender to it and remember that you are in charge of how you feel. Buy an ear phone and play your best music while the skirmishes happens and intentional resolve not to respond. Do it for 21 days and the negative charge generated by the vampire AI system will Lter it's polarity.

Your mom is just a vector and if you all have family meditation willingly understanding that there is a negative energy system within. Then you should be fine otherwise you just have to save and move out.

You are on your mission.
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by samorobo: 10:54pm On Jul 27, 2019
labani06:

So you have the guts to associate and relate what prof. Soyinka is saying with Northern Nigerians hmm you have to think and reason very well before uttering any about Northern Nigerian because we Northerners mind our business we don't engage in things that is not related to us.

Common shut your hole up ..you guys are tge one disgracing nigeria from poverty to open defecation, illiteracy, high infant mortality rate,no infastructure, high school drop out,violence, insecurity, ..your govt took education from you and replaced it with religion. .
Utter rubbish
Re: Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2019
VRDroid:

You are learning through suffering. Simply meditate and surrender to it and remember that you are in charge of how you feel. Buy an ear phone and play your best music while the skirmishes happens and intentional resolve not to respond. Do it for 21 days and the negative charge generated by the vampire AI system will Lter it's polarity.

Your mom is just a vector and if you all have family meditation willingly understanding that there is a negative energy system within. Then you should be fine otherwise you just have to save and move out.

You are on your mission.
do you have any idea what could've attracted this negative energy vampires to my house?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Appointees Are Nigeria’s Problems – Allen Onyema / Military Captures Armoured Vehicles, Artillery Guns Overnight (pic) / I Resigned As PDP Bot Chair To Allow Jonathan Take Over – Tony Anenih

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.