Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach (34484 Views)

Daycation At Tarkwa Bay Beach, Lagos / Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) / Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by pocohantas(f): 12:51pm On Jul 19, 2019
ornicus:

Pesin no get money to buy bathing suit you dey say se like to cofa bodi

A short and tanktop would suffice na.
I wouldn't wear a bathing suit either...

2 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by mikeyung71(m): 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
This op really write essay for secondary school and read comprehension passage very well. You Sabi you hear

1 Like

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by decco1878: 12:56pm On Jul 19, 2019
nonye6194:
The beach is unarguably one of the best places to go to and have fun. And Lagos happens to have so many of them for endless visitors and residents. I happened to visit one with my travel friends back in March, 2019 and we opted for the Tarkwa Bay Beach.

The Tarkwa Bay beach is located at Onisowo island community, commonly referred to as ‘Snake Island’ about 15 minutes away from Lagos island. I made a hiking trip through the snake island back in April and wrote about the experience. For those who it might interest, here's the link: https://www.nairaland.com/5256746/hiking-experience-snake-island

So let’s begin, shall we ? smiley

We converged at the popular CMS bus stop at about 11am from where we walked down to the Lagos-Apapa Ferry Service Station which is located beside the pedestrian bridge after the CMS bus stop.

Due to the existence of other buildings and structures, locating the station might be a bit difficult for a new goer. So its advisable to always ask around after crossing the bridge to the other side facing the sea.
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by omooba969(m): 12:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
pocohantas:

Fixed wink

Fair enough...
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by Seun360(m): 1:00pm On Jul 19, 2019
TheCvBank:

Tarkwa bay has a beach house

Serene and quiet environment

Close to CMS bus stop which makes it available to people coming from many parts of Lagos

It's relatively cheap in terms of entry, food, drinks and renting beach properties

Zero touts

But I'm willing to know how elegushi is better. We are all here to learn

I cant afford to pay a dime for that Elegushi beach. Its too crowded for me mbok.
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by iambabaG: 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
Is it not Chinedu Ojolum that is shining teeth there? Baller of life!!
nonye6194:
There are fun beach activities one can take part in with friends such as volleyball, quad bike ride, beach ball, horse ride, swing, etc. There are provisions for this and more, at affordable rates.
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by iambabaG: 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
Is that not Chinedu Ojolum that is shining teeth there? Baller of life!!
nonye6194:
There are fun beach activities one can take part in with friends such as volleyball, quad bike ride, beach ball, horse ride, swing, etc. There are provisions for this and more, at affordable rates.
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by crackhouse(m): 1:08pm On Jul 19, 2019
It's like u and your girlfriend are the only people in the beach...

2 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 19, 2019
pocohantas:

A short and tanktop would suffice na.
I wouldn't wear a bathing suit either...

Ah, a modest woman. I have the right swimsuit for you right here

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by iamclime(m): 1:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
I was in Tarkwa Bay last in 2002 for a group family vacation. We had maaaad fun! We lodged in a guest house we later learnt was used by the Israeli special security men of the Abacha era. The bed could contain 6 persons conveniently. We climbed the lighthouse (which was about 110 years old as at then) and toured Lord Lugard's house (or what remained of it). Then we paid a visit to the Baale (Chief) of the island. We went swimming and crab hunting. Spent a full weekend there. Men, those were the days!
I still thought of going to Tarkwa Bay this morning.

4 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by emsco(m): 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
let me know when next you are visiting, i will like to be part of the trip.
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2019
Almost strange to see a beach without hookers in Lagos. Or maybe they only come out at night?
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by AntiMCU: 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2019
nonye6194:
The beach is unarguably one of the best places to go to and have fun. And Lagos happens to have so many of them for endless visitors and residents. I happened to visit one with my travel friends back in March, 2019 and we opted for the Tarkwa Bay Beach.

The Tarkwa Bay beach is located at Onisowo island community, commonly referred to as ‘Snake Island’ about 15 minutes away from Lagos island. I made a hiking trip through the snake island back in April and wrote about the experience. For those who it might interest, here's the link: https://www.nairaland.com/5256746/hiking-experience-snake-island

So let’s begin, shall we ? smiley

We converged at the popular CMS bus stop at about 11am from where we walked down to the Lagos-Apapa Ferry Service Station which is located beside the pedestrian bridge after the CMS bus stop.

Due to the existence of other buildings and structures, locating the station might be a bit difficult for a new goer. So its advisable to always ask around after crossing the bridge to the other side facing the sea.
Swimming inside water with human faeces.

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by Ikechukwuanozie(m): 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2019
I was even planning on visiting this weekend
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by Nmezor(f): 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2019
Nice one OP, I hope to go there someday
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by JudasNaCarrot: 2:18pm On Jul 19, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:
Na your first time?

Beach wey Don cast. Lol
My friend something starts in a day....

Na your papa get the Beach.....which kind busy body dey worry you so?
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by kponkedenge(m): 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2019
nonye6194:

In the pictures, you'd notice recurring faces. 3 of em, that's the 'we' in referring to smiley
How much was the boat trip from CMS to the place? And wink Can I go with you next time
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by johnnyn1(m): 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2019
@ OP to do all this costed you how much?
I might want to surprise my girl with this trip
nonye6194:
Tarkwa Bay Beach is a destination point every tourist or fun seeker in Lagos should visit. The beach is well maintained by the host community and the surroundings offer a beautiful scenery for photo and even video shoots.

1 Like

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by ayandee: 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
carzhiemglows001:

I guess you were a student of kosofe college, Keri Lagos
No
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by BiafranBushBoy: 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2019
JudasNaCarrot:
My friend something starts in a day....

Na your papa get the Beach.....which kind busy body dey worry you so?

Involving my dad over a beach.

Think about it...

2 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by JudasNaCarrot: 3:10pm On Jul 19, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:

Involving my dad over a beach.

Think about it...
I'm sorry for my choice of words.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by missKiffy(f): 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
Dont be deceived with this pictures, the water is not clean
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by bolseas(f): 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
ayandee:
i visited the Takwa bay beach in 1992 during àn excursion trip. I was in J.ss1 then. We boarded a ship (Yes it was a ship). We went through Snake Island, Ogogoro village. There was a tour guide on the ship doing the narration. The beach was pristine. We had so much fun that i came down with a fever and couldnt go to school for the next 2 or 3days. It was organised by the social studies teacher. Each student paid N100. It was well-planned. Teachers were really committed then.

I went in 1992 too, though I was still in primary school. We went on a ship named Eko Tourist. I remember Shina Peters music was blasting from the speakers. #ijo Shina.. Ere Shina.. Emi lejo, iwo lejo, Shina o.. Ye Ye Ye.. Olomoge onjo ojo shina. Tarara rara gege.. Lol.. It was interesting though.. Scary too..

2 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by BiafranBushBoy: 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2019
JudasNaCarrot:
I'm sorry for my choice of words.

No probs man... Stay cool. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by Naijamagician: 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
Wow!!!! I went 2017 for the first time with a crazy friend of mine in the army lol this guy just made me tire for the day.. he went to cause trouble with a Navy guy and the Navy guys thought I was a part of the army as well and started fighting all of us (even me wen no be army Dem fight me) I quietly take off oooo enter boat Sharp Sharp I no even hook my vest as I reach the other side day Don dark I just manage find my way to my hotel I was lodged at Abule-egba ... Funny thing is I just came to Lagos to enjoy new year day I don't stay in Lagos lol. It was fun oooo chai their weed there is nice and that's all I need in such scenery) �

2 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by Akowemoon(m): 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2019
tripoli007:

All these 15/16 year olds , there is more to life than loud music and smoking up and down .. Takwa bay is more serene and calm u admire nature and have time to relax and unwind
Lol, ur opinion. I see nothing interesting at TwakwabayBeach.. Boring and no good sight seeing like Elegushi and Oniru beach.. The place bored die abeg

2 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by pinkygurl(f): 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2019
nonye6194:
Have you been to the Tarkwa Bay Beach before? Let us hear about your own experience.

If you haven’t, let us know what you think. And also, we welcome questions and etc in the comments section below.

Ciao
grin
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by chikeorji123(m): 7:18pm On Jul 19, 2019
Akowemoon:
Apart from the lagoon cruise with boat, nothing more interesting about TwakwabayBeach compared to Elegushi and oniru beach.... I still choose elegushi over and over again and again...

Kindly direct me how to locate these two Beach.l want to Host my parent for five days..
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
is Elegushi same with Eleko Beach?
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by oluayebenz: 12:09am On Jul 20, 2019
Please how can I get to that beach from ibadan?
Is there car parking over there?

I need description abeg
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by juliusocean(m): 1:57pm On Jul 20, 2019
nonye6194:
Tarkwa Bay Beach is a destination point every tourist or fun seeker in Lagos should visit. The beach is well maintained by the host community and the surroundings offer a beautiful scenery for photo and even video shoots.
hopefully i can tag along on your next trip if u dont mind are u a lagos resident?
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by Khef: 6:52pm On Jul 20, 2019
nonye6194:
please cost of quad bike ride and horse ride Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

**** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** / EU May Impose Tough Visa Rules On Nigeria Over Illegal Migration / Before And After Pictures Of Cemetery Road, Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.