Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? (56225 Views)

I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) / The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) / I Killed This Snake In My Compound This Night (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by stasius: 5:47pm On Jul 19, 2019
tyup:
it's called a multi colored mamber mostly found in Antarctica

thank God you killed it quickly these snakes are known to be very brutal and the major cause of 98% of deaths among grown adult males in the city anarchy of Antarctica sad

Linus mba! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

There is no reptile in Antarctica!
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by 4tune40(m): 5:50pm On Jul 19, 2019
Thank God it didn't succeed
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by TolaniLuv: 6:02pm On Jul 19, 2019
Before you killed it you should have ask the snake nah??
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by Bahddo(m): 6:09pm On Jul 19, 2019
tyup:

thank God you killed it quickly these snakes are known to be very brutal and the major cause of 98% of deaths among grown adult males in the city anarchy of Antarctica sad
there are no snakes in Antarctica jare. Reptiles wouldn't survive there.
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by WorldAmbassador: 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2019
izzyboi:
I wanted to feed our chickens in the morning, then I walked around the house. Surprisingly I saw this snake trying to go into the kitchen through the window but it could not because of the net... I finally killed it with a very long stick cos I was scared... Lol

What kind of snake is it?
It's a rat snake/python family. Non-venomous, but it can bite if it needs to defend itself
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by tyup(m): 6:20pm On Jul 19, 2019
stasius:

Linus mba! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
There is no reptile in Antarctica!
it's left for the gullible to believe me

Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by mrpropeller: 7:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
no matter the specie it is still edible for lalasticlala
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by 1000angstroms(m): 7:26pm On Jul 19, 2019
harmbhrosz:
there's nothing like a smart joke, a joke is a joke so let it rest
The guy is angry they mentioned fulani.
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by 1000angstroms(m): 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2019
sizer07:

That was a nonvenomous , colubrid. Bull snake. It is currently considered a subspecies of the gopher snake. The bullsnake is one of the largest/longest snakes of North America and the United States reaching lengths up to 8 ft.
What is wrong with you people and long grammar, so Southwest is in North America. That thing there is a small python, a nonvenomous snake either looking for rat or warmth from the kitchen.
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by 1000angstroms(m): 7:32pm On Jul 19, 2019
mjbaba:
That is a very venomous snake. Under the family of viper. Google African viper and compare the colors

That is no python. Not at all
Na lie, African carpet viper can't be that long.
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by 1000angstroms(m): 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
BrainSanitizer:
It's called Ofho in my local dialect. Very deadly snake. Once it bites a person, within a few minutes, the person begins to bleed from every "bleedable" hole in the body: mouth, nose, ear, eyes, anus, etc. It is said that no one had ever survived its bite.
Please no body should ask me to mention another "bleedable" hole oo. I've already used etc.
Na lie, what you are referring to is west African carpet viper that has a haemotoxin and a cytoxin that causes sclerosis, a matured one can't be this long.
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by ledamaster(m): 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2019
tyup:

Every snake ever posted in Nairaland is a mamba. Lol, there are no mamba snakes in Nigeria. The most common and poisonous snake in Nigeria are puff adder, Carpet viper, and african spitting cobra. the last two alone have killed over 800 people within 5months in the north east and central. Mamba dont have such head, and if it was a mamba oga here wont be alive to post it here. Mambas dont run from people they seek you out and attack you. They will strike upto 5-10 times while it chases you. Mambas are common only in Southern and south central Africa.
This snake must be from the viper family judgibg from the shape of its head. Mambas dont usually come with these tyoe of strike. The picture bellow is one of an african mamba.

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by Sirnioking(m): 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
Egg eater! Dasypeltis sp.
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by TimmyAde1: 7:45pm On Jul 19, 2019
This is python junior.
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by adontcare(f): 8:02pm On Jul 19, 2019
KfashionHubb:
Beautiful animals should be protected not killed ....

place your order now. K-fash delivers Nationwide. Check signature for WhatsApp number .link up now.
na so
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by LOVELYSKINZNEW(f): 8:51pm On Jul 19, 2019
dat one is long oo
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by Neddyogu(m): 8:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
This is Ophidius longissimus.
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by Kulushkalash(m): 9:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
tyup:

grin cheesy cheesy
I really want to believe no one fell for this. Cold blooded mammals in Antarctica. What next would you say..??

That you have landed a capsule on the sun?? cheesy
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by lobell: 9:37pm On Jul 19, 2019
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by grandstar(m): 9:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
tyup:

Do they also have poisonous elephants in Antarctica? I learnt so

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by izzyboi(m): 10:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
Awe4luv:

sorry o op, so if u weren't scared u would have strangled the snake to death with your bare hands....
lol... the stick was very long
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by izzyboi(m): 10:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by izzyboi(m): 10:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
sizer07:

That was a nonvenomous , colubrid. Bull snake. It is currently considered a subspecies of the gopher snake. The bullsnake is one of the largest/longest snakes of North America and the United States reaching lengths up to 8 ft.
OK, thanks
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by ugwueze1: 12:25am On Jul 20, 2019
pls b vigilent dis snake is looking for those that oppose RUGA it belongs to fulani zoo
Re: I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? by Adesammy111(m): 7:21pm On Jul 20, 2019
Cmsj:

WEREY grin
WEREY

No be the snake be that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Big Bush Rat Killed At My Backyard (Photos) / Nairaland #10YearsChallenge: Upload Your Throwback Pictures Here / How To Change My Username

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.