Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,697 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. (1956 Views)

Any Time I Turn Him Down He Goes To Bed , Is Everything Alright? - Lady Seek Adv / New Wife Wants Husband's Late Wife Pictures Removed From The Wall / Hauwa, Adam Nuru's Wife Packs Out Of Husband's House, May Seek Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. by sucessdriven: 1:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
Here is my story.

The two years i have been living in my house you will not find any living crawling insect even an ant and i am not exaggerating. I am proud of this and always brag about this to my friends. this is because of my hygiene and a very powerful chemical i use in mopping my entire house. which is intentional because my natural hate for cockroaches is unrivalled. I don't know if it's just me but Gosh i hate them. I can keep any sugary thing anywhere in the house and no insect will come to it ever!!

My problem started when i was dating this beautiful girl 2 years back, with all intentions to tie the knot. she is everything one desires in a woman however she is dirty. brethren it was a pity that such a lovely woman was not brought up right, Me, i can overlook every other thing but dirtiness is a capital NO. if you are not neat and do not have good hygiene it would be simply impossible for us to coexist under the same roof period. to cut the story short My love for her made it difficult to leave her and all attempts to teach her proper hygiene failed and she was the reason cockroaches and ants invaded my house.

A month after i ended the relationship i dealt with the ants, they were easy to deal with. The cockroaches, however, was an entirely different story.
The ones that invaded my kitchen are those small small ones, they don't grow more than 2cm. and they have this ability to lay an egg just before they die which will hatch dozens more of them. i have witnessed this several times. you will see them struggling and kicking their legs at the point of death due to the chemicals but will still somehow manage to shit out one egg before giving up. Those things are darn stubborn. Tueh!!

They would have spread to other parts of the house if not for my resilience because those things were just determined to spread. for many months the battle raged on i tried almost any insecticide and fumigation chemicals i could lay my hands on. a year later i have drastically reduced their population but i knew i still have not completely eradicated them. it was as if they have somehow evolved to a new generation that is resistant to these chemicals.

Then came the solution which i stumbled upon by accident.
coming home one late night i saw a wall gecko devouring a huge cockroach outside my compound and an idea popped into my head. the next day I tasked the kids around to catch wall geckos for me they caught four. and i strategetically unleashed them in different areas of my kitchen.
one day, two days, three days.....1 week and anytime i enter the kitchen i still see some of the roaches scurrying to safety and out of sight. i see the geckos thou. and i was beginning to think to myself perhaps i towed the wrong path. three weeks later i noticed that within the space of like three days i would only site like one small roach in my kitchen. and the geckos were all fat. Thunder punish those cockroaches i said to myself with a big grin because i realised my plan was finally working.

Today 6 months later, my entire house including kitchen is completely free from insects, no single cockroach or ant just like it was before the invasion. i dont see the geckos anymore, i guess they have all left in search of greener pastures.
So just incase you are passing what i went through that wall gecko might be the solution you seek.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

5 Likes

Re: Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. by Ishilove: 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2019
This story seemed contrived.

2 Likes

Re: Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. by RiyaGoddess(f): 2:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
Wall Gecko's I hate them...
Read my signature
Re: Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. by greatme2good(f): 2:21pm On Jul 19, 2019
Wall geckos that scares the life out of me. Their skin looks so transparent Kai.
Re: Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. by Ginaz(f): 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2019
God forbid, it's like only you will stay your own house o. I hate lizards or anything that look like it.
Re: Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2019
Na only u Waka come

1 Like

Re: Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. by ThothHermes: 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2019
Straitjacket loading... grin grin
Re: Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. by sucessdriven: 5:56pm On Jul 19, 2019
@riyagoddess @greatme2good @ginaz

you guys better learn to start loving them. I have come to realize they are actually helpful in the home. I have now become their defender ooo.
besides i've never heard of it being a danger to anyone, they run away and hide at the sight of humans.
Re: Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. by meobizy(f): 8:08pm On Jul 19, 2019
I remember once when thunder fired me.
I am here typing the experience because I don’t remember random sounds killing healthy people.

1 Like

Re: Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. by CaZmir: 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2019
But I heard killing wall gecko brings ill-luck to the killer.
That's why I don't kill it.

1 Like

Re: Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. by DaddyELEPHANT: 12:01am On Jul 20, 2019
Eye opening
Re: Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. by Bolubaba(m): 10:48am On Jul 20, 2019
You would soon understand the problem you just introduced into your home when the geckoes starts multiplying ( if a female was among). They'll creep into your wardrobe, shit anywhere that pleases them and the most annoying is when they fight in the midnight and start squicking like rats. All you could have used to eliminated the cickroaches is just a tin of insecticide of your choice and Rambo Rambo powder or other brands.

2 Likes

Re: Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. by sucessdriven: 9:28am On Jul 21, 2019
Bolubaba:
You would soon understand the problem you just introduced into your home when the geckoes starts multiplying ( if a female was among). They'll creep into your wardrobe, shit anywhere that pleases them and the most annoying is when they fight in the midnight and start squicking like rats. All you could have used to eliminated the cickroaches is just a tin of insecticide of your choice and Rambo Rambo powder or other brands.

i dont think you quite read my post. anyway i dont think they have vocal chords. i have not seen any of their shit before and for months now i have yet to sight any of them.

1 Like

Re: Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. by ifyalways(f): 11:24pm On Jul 21, 2019
sucessdriven:

i dont think you quite read my post. anyway i dont think they have vocal chords. i have not seen any of their shit before and for months now i have yet to sight any of them.
They do poo. Long black with a tiny white tip..can easily fall into and mix with your raw and cooked food. At this rate, I'm sure you have eaten a whole lot of it.

cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. by armyofone(m): 5:33am On Jul 22, 2019
Lmao grin now he has to figure out which made his breakfast cereal sweeter. The like cereal grin
Op, please do away with the gecko!

ifyalways:

They do poo. Long black with a tiny white tip..can easily fall into and mix with your raw and cooked food. At this rate, I'm sure you have eaten a whole lot of it.

cheesy
Re: Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. by sucessdriven: 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
ifyalways:

cheesy

lolz. i am sure they do poo. but yet to see it or what it looks like.
Re: Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2019
Moral of the story:

1. Don't date a dirty girl.

2. If you've broken rule 1 above, pray for a friendly gecko home invasion, and you'll be fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek. by sucessdriven: 6:52pm On Jul 27, 2019
Jacinthe:
Moral of the story:

1. Don't date a dirty girl.

2. If you've broken rule 1 above, pray for a friendly gecko home invasion, and you'll be fine.

your head dey there. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anytime My Husband Cheats, He Cleans The House & Buys Me Gifts – Lady Cries Out / 8 Days To End 2022 What Are You Grateful To God For This Year. / HER HUSBAND DROPS ONLY 3k EVERYDAY FOR SHE AND HER TWO KIDS. PLEASE ADVISE HER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.