Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times (26204 Views)

Neymar Taps And Grabs His Mother's Backside, Twitter Users React / Spain Vs Nigeria: U-20 Women's World Cup - 2 - 1 (Full Time) / China Vs Nigeria: U-20 Women's World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by MiddleDimension: 6:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
mvem:
nigeria just like other nations that do have security issues will have difficulty hosting this competitions....but most times when the world attention is on you, you tend to put somuch resources and man power to ensure everything goes well... We actually hosted u-17 world cup with no issue... It can happen, when a government is very serious you will be amazed how things will change momentarily

i recommend Nigeria to host Olympic Games.
the reason is: history has shown that our government is only serious when the eyes of the world is upon us. if we try to host it, railway wilk be fixed, roads will be fixed, these airports and electricity that we have been dancing galala on for a long time, will be fixed eventually.

the infrastructures will remain for Nigerians to use after the world cup

1 Like

Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by Bizibi(m): 6:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
Will anybody be interested in that now
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by MiddleDimension: 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2019
Princedapace:

This is how we keep decievcing our selves.. Guys, what im saying is that we need to fix our issues. No be that hosting dey do us.

Nigeria is ranked among the countries to be unfortunate to be born. I am not saying we cant host, what im saying is that we have pressing issues to take care of first. Nigeria can be thrown into war with all these drums here and there.

We need to fix our foundations pls. This is one of the useless projects we can embark on. Ina country where none of the elites have their kids school in the country, no proper research centre, science is almost dead, and we dey talk of hosting event.

baba, any serious country must first attend to her citizen needs before talking about hosting. All those countries wey don host these events are miles ahead of us. i mean u can easily check out their electricity generating capacity first to begin with. U can also check out water system first.

and we are saying those pressing issues can be dealt with ny hosting the Olympic Games! the roads, rail, airports will be for YOU! don't you need these things? also, power will be worked on!
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by Princedapace(m): 6:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
MiddleDimension:

and we are saying those pressing issues can be dealt with ny hosting the Olympic Games! the roads, rail, airports will be for YOU! don't you need these things? also, power will be worked on!

No, we have hosted before many times, how did it make us have stable power?

U guys don't understand that Nigeria is confused politically and needs serious political change..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by Princedapace(m): 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
Okoroawusa:

No country is an Eldorado but that doesn't mean that Nigeria can't host a FIFA event if it wants to.

I never said we can't. I mean this is not a priority. We know no country has it all, but some are better than others.. Nigeria currently is wack and that tells why even our leaders don't believe in a country they govern.

1 Like

Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by MiddleDimension: 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
Princedapace:

No, we have hosted before many times, how did it make us have stable power?

U guys don't understand that Nigeria is confused politically and needs serious political change..

thay was a small tournament small tournaments do mot require massive overhaul of infrastructure

2 Likes

Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by Princedapace(m): 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
RTSC:

They are two different issues.

Hosting a competition will not stop government from doing their work.
If we don't host, it won't suddenly make government to start working.

At least 4 million dollar is coming in, stadia would be upgraded.

It is a victory nonetheless.

Brother, we have done this before, it didn't change anything.. Why? We are politically confused.. We need to fjx that first..

1 Like

Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by MiddleDimension: 6:57pm On Jul 19, 2019
Princedapace:

Brother, we have done this before, it didn't change anything.. Why? We are politically confused.. We need to fjx that first..

your opinion any way

1 Like

Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by Princedapace(m): 6:57pm On Jul 19, 2019
MiddleDimension:

thay was a small tournament

My brother o, the same tournaments we called small, many countries have done same and still had many improvements. Look at stadiums we used to host all African game, as big as it was, we spent tax payers money, but heh, what is the nature of the stadium?

See, we don't have a good league. We have many things to put in place bro.. Else all the stadiums will waste again. Our money, tax payers money will waste..
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by Okoroawusa: 6:57pm On Jul 19, 2019
Princedapace:

I never said we can't. I mean this is not a priority. We know no country has it all, but some are better than others.. Nigeria currently is wack and that tells why even our leaders don't believe in a country they govern.
Young man,never call your country wack!!!

1 Like

Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by MiddleDimension: 6:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
but i think qe should host tournaments
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by CrestMan: 6:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
@ Op, take it easy na. Which one be "tap" again?
Did Fifa come to your shop to gist with you? Or you received this your "tap" from dream? grin cheesy wink smiley

Thanks for making me laugh all the same. You really tried sha grin cool
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by MiddleDimension: 6:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
Okoroawusa:

he has a right to his opinion
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by Princedapace(m): 6:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Becus of what? If my country is wack then it is. We lie to our selves too much. It doesn't make sense. Even as great as America is, their citizens still call her names in areas they feel she is not doing well. Make Una talk truth.

If our country is not wack, we wouldn't have such high level of Nigerians running from the country.
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by MiddleDimension: 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2019
Princedapace:

My brother o, the same tournaments we called small, many countries have done same and still had many improvements. Look at stadiums we used to host all African game, as big as it was, we spent tax payers money, but heh, what is the nature of the stadium?

See, we don't have a good league. We have many things to put in place bro.. Else all the stadiums will waste again. Our money, tax payers money will waste..

the roads, rails airports too? they will all go to waste?
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by freemanq(m): 7:01pm On Jul 19, 2019
with the level poverty in the country, FIFA no get sense.Another opportunity for our leader to chop money

Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by MiddleDimension: 7:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
Princedapace:

Becus of what? If my country is wack then it is. We lie to our selves too much. It doesn't make sense. Even as great as America is, their citizens still call her names in areas they feel she is not doing well. Make Una talk truth.

If our country is not wack, we wouldn't have such high level of Nigerians running from the country.

we don't lie to ourselves. the other way round is the case. i am even surprised more people are not on your side on this issue. come to Nairaland everday and hear all the things people say about the country.
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by Okoroawusa: 7:07pm On Jul 19, 2019
Princedapace:

You can air ur view about Nigeria n its inadequacies but I will take an exception to you calling Nigeria wack.

If any of my students say that aloud in my class, that is the end of his attendance of my class.

1 Like

Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by Princedapace(m): 7:07pm On Jul 19, 2019
MiddleDimension:

the roads, rails airports too? they will all go to waste?

The ones we built, how far?

Baba, naija get issues. Everything spent waste. We once had a good rail network system but where are they? Najja get issues.
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by Princedapace(m): 7:08pm On Jul 19, 2019
Okoroawusa:

You can air ur view about Nigeria n its inadequacies but I will take an exception to you calling Nigeria wack.

If any of my students say that aloud in my class, that is the end of his attendance of my class.

That is total oppression.. The identity of Nigerians leaders. U just showed how u one of such..
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by Leonbonapart(m): 7:14pm On Jul 19, 2019
KingAzubuike:
I just pity the number of women that will be raped in the process.
mumu. There are international bodies on this forum.

I don't know who gave you guys access to internet without parental guidance

Okponu

1 Like

Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by Okoroawusa: 7:14pm On Jul 19, 2019
Princedapace:

That is total oppression.. The identity of Nigerians leaders. U just showed how u one of such..
Sorry young man, that is how patriotic I am.The Igbos have a saying,"Onye ara nwere madu".Meaning: Even a mad man has relatives.
I no go take say my mama madwoman come be the one wey go first stone her for market square.

Thank You.
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by mvem(m): 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
Nostradamus:
ok sha..

I hope we will change for the better(hopefully,this tournament will make our government double up)..

But remember,the u-17 was held in 1999(20 yrs ago),things were not as bad as this then.
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by Princedapace(m): 7:17pm On Jul 19, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Sorry young man, that is how patriotic I am.The Igbos have a saying,"Onye ara nwere madu".Meaning: Even a mad man has relatives.
I no go take say my mama madwoman come be the one wey go first stone her for market square.

Thank You.

Patriotism is saying it the way it is. Simple. We lie to our selves too much. Yet our leaders send their kids to study abroad, why? Because the country is wack.
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by Lastanza: 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
toffyz:
I remember the 2009 under 17 world cup final played in Lagos...Light went off half way the match, it was a disgraceful act.

Played where in Lagos. 2019 under 17 final was played in Abuja.
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by MiddleDimension: 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2019
Princedapace:

The ones we built, how far?

Baba, naija get issues. Everything spent waste. We once had a good rail network system but where are they? Najja get issues.

we did not build rail and airports and roads for Nigeria '99 and '09 FIFA tournaments we also did not build for Ghana/Nigeria nations cup in 2000.
what we built things for is the All Africa Games. the games village is still there and have been sold out. atleast that has provided houses for those who could afford them, who are themselves Nigerians. the roads put in place to the from airport to the stadium is still the best in the country as we speak. all the road networks in Abuja AMAC are still the best in the country.

so what's your point again?
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by LOVELYSKINZNEW(f): 7:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
lol
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by Princedapace(m): 7:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
MiddleDimension:

we did not build rail and airports and roads for Nigeria '99 and '09 FIFA tournaments we also did not build for Ghana/Nigeria nations cup in 2000.
what we built things for is the All Africa Games. the games village is still there and have been sold out. atleast that has provided houses for those who could afford them, who are themselves Nigerians. the roads put in place to the from airport to the stadium is still the best in the country as we speak. all the road networks in Abuja AMAC are still the best in the country.

so what's your point again?

Okay na. Make Una host competition and make Una citizens keep running out of the country. Bro, I'm done with the argument.
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by MiddleDimension: 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
Princedapace:

Patriotism is saying it the way it is. Simple. We lie to our selves too much. Yet our leaders send their kids to study abroad, why? Because the country is wack.

we don't lie to ourselvess.
Nigerians qualify for self-hate. this is absolutely true!

LOOK INTO THE DAILIES AND TELL ME HOW MANY THING ARE REPORTED POSITIVELY WHEN INDEED THEY ARE NEGATIVE? ALL YOU SEE IN THE NEWSPAPER IS NEGATIVITY EVERYWHERE. YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO THE BBC AFRICA HAVE YOUR SAY PROGRAMME WHEN WE CELEBRATES OUR 50TH INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY AMD HEAR WHAT NIGERIANS SAY ABOUT THE COUNTRY. THEY WERE ALL PESSIMISTIC! WHEN INFACT, WE HAVE RISEN THE LITERACY LEVEL FROM 7% ABD INDEPENDENCE TO OVER 60% OVER THAT TIME. WITHIN THE SAME TIME, WE INCREASED THE NUMBER OF OUR UNIVERSITIES FROM 1 TO OVER 100. NOLLYWOOD DID NOT EXIST AT INDEPENDENCE BUT AS AT 2010, IT WAS ALREADY 3BN DOLLAR LARGE. I CAN GO ON AND ON AND ON.

I SAY IT AGAIN, I AM REALLY SURPRISED THERE ARE ANYONE ASIDE ME HERE, WHO THINKS WE SHOULD HOST THE OLYMPICS

1 Like

Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by Princedapace(m): 7:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
MiddleDimension:

we don't lie to ourselvess.
Nigerians qualify for self-hate. this is absolutely true!

LOOK INTO THE DAILIES AND TELL ME HOW MANY THING ARE REPORTED POSITIVELY WHEN INDEED THEY ARE NEGATIVE? ALL YOU SEE IN THE NEWSPAPER IS NEGATIVITY EVERYWHERE. YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO THE BBC AFRICA HAVE YOUR SAY PROGRAMME WHEN WE CELEBRATES OUR 50TH INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY AMD HEAR WHAT NIGERIANS SAY ABOUT THE COUNTRY. THEY WERE ALL PESSIMISTIC! WHEN INFACT, WE HAVE RISEN THE LITERACY LEVEL FROM 7% ABD INDEPENDENCE TO OVER 60% OVER THAT TIME. WITHIN THE SAME TIME, WE INCREASED THE NUMBER OF OUR UNIVERSITIES FROM 1 TO OVER 100. NOLLYWOOD DID NOT EXIST AT INDEPENDENCE BUT AS AT 2010, IT WAS ALREADY 3BN DOLLAR LARGE. I CAN GO ON AND ON AND ON.

I SAY IT AGAIN, I AM REALLY SURPRISED THERE ARE ANYONE ASIDE ME HERE, WHO THINKS WE SHOULD HOST THE OLYMPICS

Host wetin when u will quickly fun to India for medical treatment! Naaaa it doesn't make sense.
Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by MiddleDimension: 7:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
Princedapace:

Okay na. Make Una host competition and make Una citizens keep running out of the country. Bro, I'm done with the argument.

alot of those who run out of the country illegally are those who are from an ethnic group where migration is the culture. there are more of them living in other parts of Nigeria than there are living in their land. they also did not tell you that they spend an average 4k dollar on those journeys they make. they made that money in a Nigeria they say is hard. so tell me who is fooling whom?

1 Like

Re: FIFA 'taps Nigeria to host U-20 Women World Cup' - Premium Times by Princedapace(m): 7:45pm On Jul 19, 2019
MiddleDimension:

alot of those who run out of the country illegally are those who are from an ethnic group where migration is the culture. there are more of them living in other parts of Nigeria than there are living in their land. they also did not tell you that they spend an average 4k dollar on those journeys they make

Lol, be deciecing ur self.. As long as ur leaders run abroad for simplest health issue and send their kids abroad for education, I don't blame anyone who runs too. If the people we pay to use our money to fix health and education run to other countries for same services, that shows how terrible the country is. Ur VP and ex senate President just attended their kids graduation in the UK. Lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FIFA Rankings: Nigeria Moves To 48th Spot [Top 10] / Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh / Lukaku's Monkey Chants Was A Form Of "Respect" And Not "Racist"- Inter Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.