Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,107 members, 7,818,306 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Christian Justice System - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Justice System (1950 Views)

All Nigerians Should Fight For Justice For Bala Mubarak / Video: A Visit To Okija Shrine (shrine Of Justice) / What Will Be The Judgment For Christians Who Support Jungle Justice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Justice System by budaatum: 10:25am On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

Well, that's what Christians believe isn't it? Jesus went to hell so we don't have to?
That said, the "so" is right. Such a tiny word and I missed it first time around! But change the first part to "Jesus lived so", and you are much closer.
Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 10:35am On Jul 22, 2019
budaatum:

No he didn't my Lord! One thing some miss is that Christianity is full of humptydumptys who words mean different things to and you my Lord, take the most basic humptydumpty's understanding and claim that's what the entirety of Christianity is.

Laziness, my Lord, is your sin, and no one will pay for it but you! And I call you lazy because I know you don't know what I mean and won't ask the follow up question to know, and even now I've said it, you'd still ask the wrong question in your attempt to prove me wrong. It's a test. Hint.
budaatum:

No! Not true. Christianity teaches that sinners will go to hell, or more accurately, that the wages of sin is death.

What is hell, my Lord?
budaatum:

That said, the "so" is right. Such a tiny word and I missed it first time around! But change the first part to "Jesus lived so", and you are much closer.

My dear buda, I am reporting what Christians believe. What I think or what is actually true is not part of it.
Re: Christian Justice System by budaatum: 10:36am On Jul 22, 2019
mmsen:

Xtianity teaches that those who don't believe in the mythology will go to hell.

We are all 'sinners', apparently.
"Going to hell" means suffering, which you do here on earth, and even you know that believing a thing will not stop you from suffering. Or has anyone told you their believing stopped them from being hungry?

It is a false teaching of some Christians that believing will stop you going to hell. You must do some work like love your neighbours too, at least!
Re: Christian Justice System by budaatum: 10:39am On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

My dear buda, I am reporting what Christians believe. What I think or what is actually true is not part of it.
Please say you are reporting "what some Christians believe" my Lord, and don't make it sound like you are describing the entirety of Christianity according to what Christ taught. Also add that you do not wish to be corrected and buda will gladly leave you alone.
Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 11:00am On Jul 22, 2019
budaatum:

Please say you are reporting "what some Christians believe" my Lord, and don't make it sound like you are describing the entirety of Christianity according to what Christ taught. Also add that you do not wish to be corrected and buda will gladly leave you alone.

Ok which set of Christians don't believe Jesus died for their sins aka John 3:16?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian Justice System by budaatum: 11:12am On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

Ok which set of Christians don't believe Jesus died for their sins aka John 3:16?
Those who carry their crosses and go out there loving their neighbours and making the world a better place for all.

Those who do with their right hands and don't go yelling so their left hand hears.

Those who understand what Christianity is about my Lord, and not the empty cymbals that make the most noise that you do hear and unfortunately judge the entirety of Christianity by just as you'd likely judge a book by it's cover instead of by an understanding of the words in the book.
Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 11:29am On Jul 22, 2019
budaatum:

Those who carry their crosses and go out there loving their neighbours and making the world a better place for all.

Those who do with their right hands and don't go yelling so their left hand hears.

Those who understand what Christianity is about my Lord, and not the empty cymbals that make the most noise that you do hear and unfortunately judge the entirety of Christianity by just as you'd likely judge a book by it's cover instead of by an understanding of the words in the book.

I am not sure how you are describing a unique set of Christians based on the criteria of believing John 3:16 but ok I guess I was referring to some Christians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian Justice System by budaatum: 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

I am not sure how you are describing a unique set of Christians based on the criteria of believing John 3:16 but ok I guess I was referring to some Christians.
Good. Intelligent people like you know not to judge a whole bunch of apples by a rotten few, or some in this case, and when those 'children' grow up, or evolve I should say, they will abandon their childish ways of believing and seek to know and understand instead.
Re: Christian Justice System by Ihedinobi3: 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

Well, that's what Christians believe isn't it? Jesus went to hell so we don't have to?
I'll grant you that some Christians believe this, but it is still used here in a dishonest manner, because clearly the issue here is less about what some Christians believe, and far more about what Christianity is about.

So I suppose the question I'll ask you, since you have taken the responsibility once again to judge Christianity, is:

does the Bible teach any of these things that you are attributing to Christians here on your thread?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 12:29pm On Jul 22, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I'll grant you that some Christians believe this, but it is still used here in a dishonest manner, because clearly the issue here is less about what some Christians believe, and far more about what Christianity is about.

So I suppose the question I'll ask you, since you have taken the responsibility once again to judge Christianity, is:

does the Bible teach any of these things that you are attributing to Christians here on your thread?

Hey look its a piece of shit!

First off POS, what things have I attributed to Christians?
Re: Christian Justice System by Ihedinobi3: 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

Hey look its a piece of shit!

First off POS, what things have I attributed to Christians?
I think it is obvious enough. Your first post began, "based on how Christians think justice works...", then you proceeded to outline something rather specific. So, again, my question is, does the Bible teach this thing that you consider is how Christians think that justice works?
Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I think it is obvious enough. Your first post began, "based on how Christians think justice works...", then you proceeded to outline something rather specific. So, again, my question is, does the Bible teach this thing that you consider is how Christians think that justice works?

Does the bible teach that the god allows people to have substitutes for their sins? Yes.
Re: Christian Justice System by budaatum: 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

Does the bible teach that the god allows people to have substitutes for their sins? Yes.
Where?!
Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 2:18pm On Jul 22, 2019
budaatum:

Where?!

1Pet. 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.

Lev. 16
5 And he shall take of the congregation of the children of Israel two kids of the goats for a sin offering, and one ram for a burnt offering.

6 And Aaron shall offer his bullock of the sin offering, which is for himself, and make an atonement for himself, and for his house.

7 And he shall take the two goats, and present them before the Lord at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

8 And Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats; one lot for the Lord, and the other lot for the scapegoat.

9 And Aaron shall bring the goat upon which the Lord's lot fell, and offer him for a sin offering.

10 But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the Lord, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.
Re: Christian Justice System by budaatum: 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

1Pet. 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.

Lev. 16
5 And he shall take of the congregation of the children of Israel two kids of the goats for a sin offering, and one ram for a burnt offering.

6 And Aaron shall offer his bullock of the sin offering, which is for himself, and make an atonement for himself, and for his house.

7 And he shall take the two goats, and present them before the Lord at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

8 And Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats; one lot for the Lord, and the other lot for the scapegoat.

9 And Aaron shall bring the goat upon which the Lord's lot fell, and offer him for a sin offering.

10 But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the Lord, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.
Did you read the bit where Jesus said some people give [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+7%3A9-11&version=NIV]stones[/url] when asked for bread, or snakes instead of fish? You point to the stones and the snake my Lord, and call it food. If you eat the above as you've understood it you'd see what happens to you.
Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 2:27pm On Jul 22, 2019
budaatum:

Did you read the bit where Jesus said some people give [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+7%3A9-11&version=NIV]stones[/url] when asked for bread, or snakes instead of fish? You point to the stones and the snake my Lord, and call it food. If you eat the above as you've understood it you'd see what happens to you.

At least you are not saying these were not substitutions.
Re: Christian Justice System by budaatum: 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

At least you are not saying these were not substitutions.
Substitutions? I don't get you. I am saying your understanding is wrong though. Like some Christians, you take a few verses to prove a point but disregard the entirety of the book itself. If a text says "one must not live by bread alone", you ought to wonder what happens if you live by the snakes and the stones.

It is said that the wages of sin is death. Who then dies of sin if not the sinner? A goat you kill perhaps, or a bullock?

You'd likely not get the right definition of 'die' as used here, so let me offer a hint before you respond. Check the average lifespan of people in UK (80.96 years) or Japan (83.98) and even China (76.25) and compare it with that of Nigeria (53.43), and note that Nigeria has more churches than UK, Japan and China put together.

1 Like

Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 2:50pm On Jul 22, 2019
budaatum:

Substitutions? I don't get you. I am saying your understanding is wrong though. Like some Christians you take a few verses to prove a point but disregard the entirety of the book itself. If a text says "one must not live by bread alone", you ought to wonder what happens if you live by the snakes and the stones.

It is said that the wages of sin is death. Who then dies of sin if not the sinner? A goat you kill perhaps, or a bullock?

You'd likely not get the right definition of 'die' as used here, so let me offer a hint before you respond. Check the average lifespan of people in UK (80.96 years) or Japan (83.98) and even China (76.25) and compare it with that of Nigeria (53.43), and note that Nigeria has more churches than UK, Japan and China put together.

If a sinner accepts the sacrifice of Jesus does he still get the wages of sin? If the high priest sacrifices the bullock as instructed by Yahweh does he still get struck down in the holy of holies?
Re: Christian Justice System by budaatum: 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

If a sinner accepts the sacrifice of Jesus does he still get the wages of sin? If the high priest sacrifices the bullock as instructed by Yahweh does he still get struck down in the holy of holies?
The "high priest" does not accept a bullock these days my Lord, he wants your tithes instead. Can you tell me what Christ said about them?

How does a sinner accept the sacrifice of Jesus my Lord?
Re: Christian Justice System by Ihedinobi3: 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

The Bible teaches that God the Father gave us the Lord Jesus Christ His Son as a Perfect Substitute for our sin so that we do not end up in the Lake of Fire. Now, how does that lead to all the following?

Here's how it would work. Any time a person gets convicted for a crime and gets a jail sentence, they can engage a professional prisoner who will take on a portion of that jail sentence. In exchange the person convicted is required to pay to the professional prisoner 10% of their income for the rest of their lives. This income shall be tax free for the professional prisoner. The professional prisoner shall only spend 10% of the sentence time and can serve as many concurrent sentences as he can cram in. Repeat offenders are to go to the houses of their professional prisoner and beg for forgiveness, no further action shall be taken against them. However, should they refuse to beg for forgiveness they shall be immediately executed, the severity of the crime not withstanding. All citizens are advised to engage a professional prisoner just in case, should you be caught in an act that is not illegal but ethically questionable and you have not engaged the services of a professional prisoner, you shall be immediately executed, no appeals.

In what way does the above line up with the Substitution of Jesus Christ for us?
Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 3:07pm On Jul 22, 2019
budaatum:

The "high priest" does not accept a bullock these days my Lord, he wants your tithes instead. Can you tell me what Christ said about them?

How does a sinner accept the sacrifice of Jesus my Lord?

By confessing Jesus as lord and savior.

Is there a high priest these days?
Re: Christian Justice System by budaatum: 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

By confessing Jesus as lord and savior.
No "love my neighbour"? No "do my will"? Just say Jesus is Lord and Saviour? Sounds like Lordism to me, those who hear the words but act not on them.

Below is what Jesus is written to have said about those you describe above my Lord:

Why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ but not do what I say? I will show you what he is like who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them: He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid his foundation on the rock. When the flood came, the torrent crashed against that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.

But the one who hears My words and does not act on them is like a man who built his house on ground without a foundation. The torrent crashed against that house, and immediately it fell—and great was its destruction.” [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+6%3A46-49&version=NIV]Luke 6:46-49[/url]

Need I repeat the acts my Lord?

LordReed:
Is there a high priest these days?
I doubt I need answer this my Lord. If there weren't no high priest, who then were you claiming sacrifices the bullock to Yahweh?
Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

The Bible teaches that God the Father gave us the Lord Jesus Christ His Son as a Perfect Substitute for our sin so that we do not end up in the Lake of Fire. Now, how does that lead to all the following?

Here's how it would work. Any time a person gets convicted for a crime and gets a jail sentence, they can engage a professional prisoner who will take on a portion of that jail sentence. In exchange the person convicted is required to pay to the professional prisoner 10% of their income for the rest of their lives. This income shall be tax free for the professional prisoner. The professional prisoner shall only spend 10% of the sentence time and can serve as many concurrent sentences as he can cram in. Repeat offenders are to go to the houses of their professional prisoner and beg for forgiveness, no further action shall be taken against them. However, should they refuse to beg for forgiveness they shall be immediately executed, the severity of the crime not withstanding. All citizens are advised to engage a professional prisoner just in case, should you be caught in an act that is not illegal but ethically questionable and you have not engaged the services of a professional prisoner, you shall be immediately executed, no appeals.

In what way does the above line up with the Substitution of Jesus Christ for us?

Your satire recognition software must need an upgrade.
Re: Christian Justice System by Ihedinobi3: 4:33pm On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

Your satire recognition software must need an upgrade.
Let me understand you. Are you saying that all of that was not necessarily an accurate representation of biblical teachings, rather they are your own taking liberty with biblical teachings for purposes of humor? That is, you were not trying to represent the Bible's teachings accurately, you were only having a bit of fun by stretching biblical teachings beyond what they actually say?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2019
budaatum:

No "love my neighbour"? No "do my will"? Just say Jesus is Lord and Saviour? Sounds like Lordism to me, those who hear the words but act not on them.

Below is what Jesus is written to have said about those you describe above my Lord:

Why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ but not do what I say? I will show you what he is like who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them: He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid his foundation on the rock. When the flood came, the torrent crashed against that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.

But the one who hears My words and does not act on them is like a man who built his house on ground without a foundation. The torrent crashed against that house, and immediately it fell—and great was its destruction.” [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+6%3A46-49&version=NIV]Luke 6:46-49[/url]

Need I repeat the acts my Lord?

I doubt I need answer this my Lord. If there weren't no high priest, who then were you claiming sacrifices the bullock to Yahweh?

My dear buda you have no argument with me, you do have one with those who preach the gospel. For the anchor of salvation as they preach it is:

Rom. 10
5 For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, “The man who does those things shall live by them.” 6 But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ down from above) 7 or, “ ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

High priest I refer to was of old.
Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 4:42pm On Jul 22, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Let me understand you. Are you saying that all of that was not necessarily an accurate representation of biblical teachings, rather they are your own taking liberty with biblical teachings for purposes of humor? That is, you were not trying to represent the Bible's teachings accurately, you were only having a bit of fun by stretching biblical teachings beyond what they actually say?

That is what satire is.
Re: Christian Justice System by Ihedinobi3: 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

That is what satire is.
Your thread including your subsequent comments doesn't agree with you.

Nonetheless, thank you for clearing that up.
Re: Christian Justice System by budaatum: 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

My dear buda you have no argument with me, you do have one with those who preach the gospel. For the anchor of salvation as they preach it is:
There are many who preach a gospel that is not of Christ my Lord, or even of God, but one must not be silent when it is preached least those not of God think your satire is the Gospel and turn to satan and be led astray. I assure you that when they come across us they serve us the same dessert that they served Jesus the Christ.
Re: Christian Justice System by malvisguy212: 7:03pm On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

That is a detail. Before Jesus it was goats and lambs, the main issue is moving sin to another which is what this seeks to emulate.

Yes, I was a Christian.
listen, your question is NOT Biblical ,the Bible made it clear, NO one will pay for sin. salvation is something ONLY God can do. this is what you should've ask:

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a
man lay down his life for his friends.
Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 10:36pm On Jul 22, 2019
malvisguy212:
listen, your question is NOT Biblical ,the Bible made it clear, NO one will pay for sin. salvation is something ONLY God can do. this is what you should've ask:

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a
man lay down his life for his friends.

Look up the meaning of satire.
Re: Christian Justice System by malvisguy212: 7:15am On Jul 23, 2019
LordReed:

Look up the meaning of satire.
when an atheist reason well, he honor God unaware, just like you're doing
Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 7:47am On Jul 23, 2019
malvisguy212:
when an atheist reason well, he honor God unaware, just like you're doing

LMFAO! Mental gymnastics at its finest.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Vatican Removed 14 Books From The Bible In 1684 With No Real Explanation / Tell Jezebel That God Has Decreed Her End. / Nigerians Pray For Prophet TB Joshua Against Death!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.