Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology (7115 Views)

After having Said And Done, I Realized I Got 249 - Mmesoma Ejikeme / Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah / Victor Koreyo, Lecturer Renounces Nigerian Citizenship; Writes Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by musicwriter(m): 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2019
Amujale:

Totally agree with you.

Noah is a ficticious character.

Thank you for including the Iraq flood story, there are over twenty-five flood stories that predates the writing of the Christian bible, the one most people know about is that which the Romans plagerised into Abrahamic text.

Yes, they copied the Noah story from Iraq or and India. Then, most of the Jesus story in the New testament is a mix of stories of Buddha (India), Horus (Africa), Dionysus (Greece), Mithra (Iran).

1 Like

Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2019
musicwriter:

That guy is a very sick person.

I've long suspected he creates many accounts to argue on religion. He've debated me with so many usernames but he always deny he's a christian, in one thread he said he's an Ifa worshiper.
Lol, a psycho like Yahweh his slavemaster god grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2019
musicwriter:

Yes, they copied the Noah story from Iraq or and India. Then, most of the Jesus story in the New testament is a mix of stories of Buddha (India), Horus (Africa), Dionysus (Greece), Mithra (Iran).

Precisely

1 Like

Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 7:11pm On Jul 24, 2019
The bible is not what it claims to be, instead its a biblography, a compilation of various stories and typologies from accross the globe, the contents which have been re-packaged, sex-ed up or outrightly fabricated.
Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2019
The compilation of the Christian bible predates the compilation of the Torah, as in all reality Christianity predates Judaism.

Those that think Judaism started from the days of the bible are misinformed.

Since it has already been established beyond reasonable doubt that the Christian bible is a fraud, then, that would invalidate such claims.
Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by TAO11(f): 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2019
Amujale:

I have given enough proof for anyone to conclude that all the stories peddled by Abrahamic religions are fake, false and counterintuitive.

Noah is a ficticious character invented by first century Romans.

Noah never existed and there are no records of Noah's world getting destroyed by Noah's flood.

That particular story was copied and plagerized into the Christian Bible by Roman aristocrats from various older religious text from all across the globe.

Lets be clear here, first century Roman aristocrats authored the Christian Bible; writing their story in a way that pretends they were present in an earlier time; as though they are writing in the 6th century BCE.

i.e the 17th century B.C.E Gilgamesh flood myth and the epic of Astrahasis one that predates the authors of the Noah story, whereby Enlil decides to destroy their world with a flood because their inhabitants have become too noisy, Ea is said to have warned Ultrapishtim of the impending flood and instructs him to build a boat so that their lives may survive.

There are more than twenty-five different flood myths that the authors of the Christian Bible copied and plagerised from, the Gilgamesh is merely one of them. A

Another is the Hindu Flood legend of Manu.

According to the authors of the ancient Hindu text known as Vedic Satapaths Brahmana, Manu was said to be virtuous; a favourite of Vishnu and had three sons namely:
.Charma
.Sharma
.Yapeti

According to the aurhors of the Christian Bible, Noah was said to be virtuous; also to be a favourite of God and aswell had three sons namely:

.Ham
.Shem
.Japheth

In both versions of the flood myth, both Manu and Noah are instructed to build s boat and fill it with animals and seeds.

After the flood, Noah's Ark is said to have rested on mount Ararat.

Similarly, Manu's boat was described as being perched on the top of a range of Malays mountains.

Both Noah and Manu were then said to repopulate their world.

Since Hinduism predates the author of the Christian Bible, its an accepted fact that they, the authors of the Christian Bible copied and plagerized the Manu story.

And there are more that they copied from to create their Noah flood story.

Having broken apart your so-called "proof" or "evidence" that certain Roman aristocrats were responsible for the story of Noah found in the Christian Bible; and having shown the so-called "proof" to be no more than a made-up absurdity that neither adds up, nor even stand the basic test of common sense; I proceed now to dealing with your second "evidence" which borders on ancient Flood myths, as well as constructing my evidenced-backed argument which leads to the conclusion that the story of Noah is a historical fact.

[I apologize if you find my tone in the foregoing comment quite strong]

You noted as "proof" of your claim that the Flood story of Noah was copied/borrowed from some 25 odd pre-existing Flood stories, including the Flood story of Utnapishtim, of Atrahasis, and of Manu.

To proceed, I like to first separate the wheat (in your foregoing "proof" ) from the chaff. I like to first point out what is factual and what is hypothetical in your foregoing "proof":

(i) It is an established fact that there are several Flood legends (from almost all of the great races of the ancient world) which bears a striking thematic parallel to the story of the Flood of Noah found in the Old Testament.

(ii) It is an established fact that these ancient Flood legends predate the ninth (9th) century BCE.

(iii) In fact, your mention of "more than 25" of these ancient Flood legends is even conservative.

These ancient Flood legends actually run into the hundreds, as shown by François Lenormant (French mythologist and professor of archeology) in his landmark compliation of the world's ancient Flood legends, as found in his The Beginnings of History.

**The foregoing are the facts found in your "proof", while the following is the hypothetical conclusion in your "proof" (and I will demonstrate why):

(iv) These Flood legends which predates the 9th century BCE are the sources from which the story of Noah's Flood was borrowed/copied.

First, to affirm a conclusion of copying/borrowing; from just the simple facts that there is a thematic parallel, and that the ancient Flood myths predate the 9th century BCE (without having to adduce any more fact to sufficiently warrant the conclusion); is to commit the fallacy known in argumentation as post hoc ergo propter hoc, because of the plausibility of another conclusion from the same facts.

The most that may be logically and consistently concluded from just these facts alone (i.e. the fact that there is a thematic parallel, and that the ancient Flood myths predate the 9th century BCE) is a logical hypothesis, rather than a fact which is final and conclusive.

The hypothesis that the story of Noah's Flood (documented into writing, in an Old Testament's source document, in the 9th century BCE) is perhaps a borrowing from the ancient Flood legends, the earliest known documentation of which is found in a cuineform tablet containing the Epic of Gilgamesh and dated to the 21st century BCE.

This skeptical attitude allows for the formation of an equally plausible alternate logical hypothesis viz.

The hypothesis that the story of Noah's Flood (documented into writing, in an Old Testament's source document, in the 9th century BCE) relates to an actual historical event which not only predates the Epic of Gilgamesh itself, but to which the Epic of Gilgamesh also relates.

Given this foregoing equally plausible hypothesis, it becomes necessary to bring textual, historical, and archaeological evidence (among others) to bear, in order to decide which of the two equally plausible alternative logical hypotheses to accept and which to trash.

(i) The very first evidence which gradually bolsters the alternate hypothesis (while gradually weakening the first hypotheis) is textual evidence, found in the cuineform text of this very oldest known Flood legend (i.e. the Flood story of Utnapishtim contained in the Epic of Gilgamesh):

As legendary as the ancient authors of the Epic present it, it is still quite clear from the text that Utnapishtim was said to be relating the Flood story to Gilgamesh as an ancient Flood story.

(ii) Another major blow to the first hypothesis is an assumption inherent within it. This assumption (which is absent in the alternate hypothesis) weakens the explanatory scope and the explanatory power of the first hypothesis in comparison to the second.

The first hypothesis fails to account for the question of the origin of these myths themselves --- that is, what is the source of the earliest of these myths from which others were successively influenced.

The first hypothesis simply assumes that the earliest of these myths is based purely and entirely on fiction and imagination.

But modern studies on mythology have shown that while some myths are actually fictional, several others are based on fact. Very often there is a kernel of historical fact that has later been gradually exaggerated and distorted over many years to form the myth.

In fact, the renowned geologist and mythologist, Dorothy B. Vitaliano has demonstrated in her classic and pioneering work "Legends of the Earth: Their Geological Origins (1973)" that myths and legends which border on geological phenomena (especially those which are prevalent among the cultures of the ancient world) actually have their origins or roots in actual geological-historical events, rather than purely from imagination.

It is easy to notice that this expert submission (which is the result of many many years of tortuous research) is in direct conflict with the inherent assumption of the first hypothesis; while in hadmony with the second.

(iii) The final nail in the coffin of the first hypothesis (which thus affirms the alternate hypothesis as the valid one) lies in the examination of the Old Testament document containing the Biblical account.

It is only logical that any fair and consistent critique of the content of the Biblical account should be preceded by a determination of what the account says.

The authors of the documents of the Old Testament account (although writing in a later century from the cuineform documents of the Gilgamesh Epic) make it quite clear from the text that the Flood story, which their work contains, relates to an ancient Flood event in the days of a certain person whom they called Noah ------ They made no attempt to even suggest that that Flood story about which they write is an event in their own time.

Not only did the authors make it very clear that they were writing about an ancient event; their writing also contains quite detailed numerical information which permits some dating of the ancient Flood event about which they wrote.

The Sacerdotal source document contains detailed numerical data (such as the genealogical data of Gen. Ch. 4, 5, 11, 21 and 25; as well as the date of the Flood's emergence in relation to Noah's birth) which allows the Flood to be situated somewhere in the 22nd century BCE, but not subsequent to 2142 BCE.

It thus becomes clear from the point of view of the Bible documents itself, that its Noah's Flood story is an event from the 22nd century BCE (actually not subsequent to 2142 BCE) ---- An event many many years before the cuineform tablet document of the Epic of Gilgamesh, which is the earliest extant written account of the Flood myths.

NB:
It is important to bear in mind that this resulting date of 2142 BCE is despite the fact that the Biblical genealogical data which produced it have been criticized from the standpoint of modern knowledge to have erroneously understated the number of generations (as well as the years separating the generations) from the earliest humans to the first century of the Common Era.

This in effect translates to an understatement of the number of years separating every event in between (including the Flood) from the first century of the Common Era.

In summary:

**It becomes clear that the idea that the Biblical Flood story of Noah was a borrowing/copying, from myths such as the Flood myth of Utnapishtim, is just one of two equally plausible hypothetical conclusion that may be proposed from the facts that the there is a thematic parallel, and that the ancient Flood myths predate the 9th century BCE.

**It has been demonstrated how badly and inconsistently the hypothesis (that the Biblical Flood story of Noah was borrowed from the myths) fared in comparison to the alternate hypothesis that both the Flood myth of Utnapishtim found in the cuineform tablet, and the Biblical Flood story of Noah found in the Biblical documents have their origins in a common prior prominent ancient historical event.

**An examination of the text of the Biblical account shows that it presents the event as having taken place in the 22nd century BCE about a century before the earliest extant cuineform document of the Flood myths.

** Professor Andrew George's remark (in the lecture shared by musicwriter) also clearly agree with my submission here --- that is, the Flood myth of Utnapishtim (contained in the Epic of Gilgamesh) is based on a prior Flood event namely: the Noah's Flood about which the Bible author also obviously write.

Having deconstructed your mythology argument and even making my case from it, I like to proceed to adducing the historical, archaeological, geological, and oceanographic investigations that have been launched specifically in to the story of Noah Flood to prove it's historicity.

This will be the focus of my next post.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 12:11am On Jul 25, 2019
TAO11:

Having broken apart your so-called "proof" or "evidence" that certain Roman aristocrats were responsible for the story of Noah found in the Christian Bible; and having shown the so-called "proof" to be no more than a made-up absurdity that neither adds up, nor even stand the basic test of common sense; I proceed now to dealing with your second "evidence" which borders on ancient Flood myths, as well as constructing my evidenced-backed argument which leads to the conclusion that the story of Noah is a historical fact.

[I apologize if you find my tone in the foregoing comment quite strong]

You noted as "proof" of your claim that the Flood story of Noah was copied/borrowed from some 25 odd pre-existing Flood stories, including the Flood story of Utnapishtim, of Atrahasis, and of Manu.

To proceed, I like to first separate the wheat (in your foregoing "proof" ) from the chaff. I like to first point out what is factual and what is hypothetical in your foregoing "proof":

(i) It is an established fact that there are several Flood legends (from almost all of the great races of the ancient world) which bears a striking thematic parallel to the story of the Flood of Noah found in the Old Testament.

(ii) It is an established fact that these ancient Flood legends predate the ninth (9th) century BCE.

(iii) In fact, your mention of "more than 25" of these ancient Flood legends is even conservative.

These ancient Flood legends actually run into the hundreds, as shown by François Lenormant (French mythologist and professor of archeology) in his landmark compliation of the world's ancient Flood legends, as found in his The Beginnings of History.

**The foregoing are the facts found in your "proof", while the following is the hypothetical conclusion in your "proof" (and I will demonstrate why):

(iv) These Flood legends which predates the 9th century BCE are the sources from which the story of Noah's Flood was borrowed/copied.

First, to affirm a conclusion of copying/borrowing; from just the simple facts that there is a thematic parallel, and that the ancient Flood myths predate the 9th century BCE (without having to adduce any more fact to sufficiently warrant the conclusion); is to commit the fallacy known in argumentation as post hoc ergo propter hoc, because of the plausibility of another conclusion from the same facts.

The most that may be logically and consistently concluded from just these facts alone (i.e. the fact that there is a thematic parallel, and that the ancient Flood myths predate the 9th century BCE) is a logical hypothesis, rather than a fact which is a final and conclusive.

The hypothesis that the story of Noah's Flood (documented into writing, in an Old Testament's source document, in the 9th century BCE) is perhaps a borrowing from the ancient Flood legends, the earliest known documentation of which is found in a cuineform tablet containing the Epic of Gilgamesh and dated to the 21st century BCE.

This skeptical attitude allows for the formation of an equally plausible alternate logical hypothesis viz.

The hypothesis that the story of Noah's Flood (documented into writing, in an Old Testament's source document, in the 9th century BCE) relates to an actual historical event which not only predates the Epic of Gilgamesh itself, but to which the Epic of Gilgamesh also relates.

Given this foregoing equally plausible hypothesis, it becomes necessary to bring textual, historical, and archaeological evidence (among others) to bear, in order to decide which of the two equally plausible alternative logical hypotheses to accept and which to trash.

(i) The very first evidence which gradually bolsters the alternate hypothesis (while gradually weakening the first hypotheis) is textual evidence, found in the cuineform text of this very oldest known Flood legend (i.e. the Flood story of Utnapishtim contained in the Epic of Gilgamesh):

As legendary as the ancient authors of the Epic present it, it is still quite clear from the text that Utnapishtim was said to be relating the Flood story to Gilgamesh as an ancient Flood story.

(ii) Another major blow to the first hypothesis is an assumption inherent within it. This assumption (which is absent in the alternate hypothesis) weakens the explanatory scope and the explanatory power[/b]of the first hypothesis in comparison to the second.

The first hypothesis fails to account for [b]the origin of these myths themselves
--- that is, what is the source of the earliest of these myths from which others were successively influenced.

The first hypothesis simply assumes that the earliest of these myths is based purely and entirely on fiction and imagination.

But modern studies on mythology have shown that while some myths are actually fictional, several others are based on fact. Very often there is a kernel of historical fact that has later been gradually exaggerated and distorted over many years to form the myth.

In fact, the renowned geologist and mythologist, Dorothy B. Vitaliano has demonstrated in her classic and pioneering work Legends of the Earth: Their Geological Origins (1973) that myths and legends which border on geological phenomena (especially those with some global influence) actually have their origins or roots in actual geological-historical events, rather than purely from imagination.

It is easy to notice that this expert submission (which is the result of many many years of tortuous research) is in direct conflict with the inherent assumption of the first hypothesis; while in hadmony with the second.

(iii) The final nail in the coffin of the first hypothesis (which thus affirms the alternate hypothesis as the valid one) lies in the examination of the Old Testament document containing the Biblical account.

It is only logical that any fair and consistent critique of the content of the Biblical account should be preceded by a determination of what the account says.

The authors of the documents of the Old Testament account (although writing in a later century from the cuineform documents of the Gilgamesh Epic) make it quite clear from the text that the Flood story, which their work contains, relates to an ancient Flood event in the days of a certain person whom they called Noah ------ They made no attempt to even suggest that that Flood story about which they write is an event in their own time.

Not only did the authors make it very clear that they were writing about an ancient event; their writing also contains quite detailed numerical information which permits some dating of the ancient Flood event about which they wrote.

The Sacerdotal source document contains detailed numerical data (such as the genealogical data of Gen. Ch. 4, 5, 11, 21 and 25; as well as the date of the Flood's emergence in relation to Noah's birth) which allows the Flood to be situated somewhere in the 22nd century BCE, but not subsequent to 2142 BCE.

It thus becomes clear that from the point of view of the Bible documents itself, its Noah's Flood story is an event from the 22nd century BCE (actually not subsequent to 2142 BCE) ---- An event many many years before the cuineform tablet document of the Epic of Gilgamesh, which is the earliest extant written account of the Flood myths.

NB:
It is important to bear in mind that this resulting date of 2142 BCE is despite the fact that the Biblical genealogical data which produced it have been criticized from the standpoint of modern knowledge to have erroneously understated the number of generations (as well as the years separating the generations) from the earliest humans to the first century of the Common Era.

This in effect translates to an understatement of the number of years separating every event in between (including the Flood) from the first century of the Common Era.

In summary:

**It becomes clear that the idea that the Biblical Flood story of Noah was a borrowing/copying, from myths such as the Flood myth of Utnapishtim, is just one of two equally plausible hypothetical conclusion that may be proposed from the facts that the there is a thematic parallel, and that the ancient Flood myths predate the 9th century BCE.

**It has been demonstrated how badly and inconsistently the hypothesis (that the Biblical Flood story of Noah was borrowed from the myths) fared in comparison to the alternate hypothesis that both the Flood myth of Utnapishtim found in the cuineform tablet, and the Biblical Flood story of Noah found in the Biblical documents have their origins in a common prior prominent ancient historical event.

**An examination of the text of the Biblical account shows that it presents the event as having taken place in the 22nd century BCE about a century before the earliest extant cuineform document of the Flood myths.

** Professor Andrew George's remark (in the lecture shared by musicwriter) also clearly agree with my submission here --- that is, the Flood myth of Utnapishtim (contained in the Epic of Gilgamesh) is based on a prior Flood event namely: the Noah's Flood about which the Bible author also obviously write.

Having deconstructed your mythology argument and even making my case from it, I like to proceed to adducing the historical, archaeological, geological, and oceanographic investigations that have been launched specifically in to the story of Noah Flood to prove it's historicity.

This will be the focus of my next post.

Cheers!

You have gotten it absolutely wrong here.

Firstly, the fact is that the authors of the Christian bible lived in a period different to the ones they transcribed into their text.

All Abrahamic text are fake.

Fake because they are not original. Similar to the Noah story, they plagerised older stories and characters, and tell so many lies in the making of their text.

Noah is not a real person.

Secondly, all the stories and characters that they copied from predates the existence of the authors thenselves.

The point is that neither John, James, Peter, Timothy e.t.c wrote one word in the Christian bible.

There is knowledge of the authors who wrote all the content in the Christian bible, some authors wrote multiple chapters.

Furthermore, its been proven that the Christian bible did not exist until the first century.

The authors wrote their text pretending they was living in a period earlier than their own.
For example, an author living in 2019 writing a fictional novel with all the characters living in the 18th century.

With all the evidence and proof available, allows me to reach these conclusions.

The authors of the Christian bible claim that their work is authentic.That couldnt be further away from the truth.

There is nothing authentic about Abrahamic text.

It isnt worthy of reference, the only historians that make reference to Abrahamic text are Eurocentrics and adherents of the Abrahamic religions.

You shouldnt find any reference to the Christian bible inside a history textbook because its accepted that Abrahamic text has no relevance to real history.
Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by TAO11(f): 12:32am On Jul 25, 2019
musicwriter:

[s]It has become clear to me that something is wrong with you.[/s] You really believe someone called Noah saved all the animals and plants in the world in a wooden boat? [s]If you really believe this, you need to be a slave in a white man's plantation. Because even without evidence; can't common sense tell you that's not possible? Your type of slavery is the exact reason Africa cannot move ahead because your intellect is dead and can only be used to write English. And you're probably somewhere people think you know what you're doing!.[/s]

The professor had told you that ''the Noah Flood story is the Babylonian original'' [s]still you cannot even understand your own writing because you've placed emotion above logic.[/s] He said ''the Noah Flood story... yes, the Babylonian original.'' The Noah story originated in Babylon (Iraq).

[s]Yes, indeed, intellectual slavery is the worst legacy of colonialism.[/s]

Some of the most pitiable experience I have ever had is in engaging a stark and thick ignoramus who doesn't even realize it, but instead thinks very highly of themselves, rather than receive enlightnment.

In case you need to hear this, dogmatism persits inside and outside of faith.

But to answer your question:

No, I don't believe that; because it is absurd to even conceive of the idea that an obviously finite-capacity wooden boat would carry all the living creatures in the world.

Now, having seen my answer to your question, if you have an atom of genuineness in you, then you should be thrown into a state of confusion.

You had two noble life-lines none of which you used, namely:

(i) To ask your question freely without any prior assumptions about the person.

(ii) or better still, to remain mute (just as you've now done on the Abraham issue) and read along quietly.

You chose an ignoble third life-line instead.

Read along in my replies to Amujale, perhaps you will receive some enlightenment and become free from your herd mentality and your very thick ignorance.

Regarding the comment of Professor Andrew George, you've just been caught lying and misrepresenting just to save-face.

Somewhere from time 16:20 to time 17:15, the professor made it very clear that the ancient story which Utnapishtim was narrating to Gilgamesh is the "story of Noah". He said and I quote his exact words:

"... Yes it is the story of Noah, it is the Babylonian original."

Why did you have to resort to twisting and spinning his words to read as follows: the Noah Flood story ... yes, the Babylonian original.??

Your dishonest spinning and re-reading of his words (yet applying quotation marks) is quite shameful and disgraceful.

And as I have shown from a careful analysis of the numerical data related to an account of the story of Noah's Flood (in my reply to Amujale) the story of Noah's Flood indeed pre-dates the earliest extant cuineform documentation of the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Regarding your remark that the professor noted that Noah's Flood story is the Babylonian original which Utnapishtim was relating to Gilgamesh; I know this already what then??

Did I already note somewhere that Noah's Flood was originally situated in Africa or in the Americas or elsewhere??

What exactly is your point here?? I think it's in your best interest to sit and learn.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 12:43am On Jul 25, 2019
Amujale:

Noah is a ficticious character invented by first century Romans.

Noah never existed and there are no records of Noah's world getting destroyed by Noah's flood.

That particular story was copied and plagerized into the Christian Bible by Roman aristocrats from various older religious text from all across the globe.
Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 12:44am On Jul 25, 2019
Amujale:

17th century BCE Gilgamesh flood myth and the epic of Astrahasis

Whereby Enlil decides to destroy their world with a flood because their inhabitants have become too noisy, Ea is said to have warned Ultrapishtim of the impending flood and instructs him to build a boat so that their lives may survive.

The Gilgamesh flood myth predates the making of the Noah story.
Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 12:45am On Jul 25, 2019
Amujale:

Another is the Hindu Flood legend of Manu.

According to the authors of the ancient Hindu text known as Vedic Satapaths Brahmana, Manu was said to be virtuous; a favourite of Vishnu and had  three sons namely:
.Charma
.Sharma
.Yapeti

According to the aurhors of the Christian Bible, Noah was said to be virtuous; also to be a favourite of God and aswell had three sons namely:

.Ham
.Shem
.Japheth

In both versions of the flood myth, both Manu and Noah are instructed to build s boat and fill it with animals and seeds.

After the flood, Noah's Ark is said to have rested on mount Ararat.

Similarly, Manu's boat was described as being perched on the top of a range of Malays mountains.

Both Noah and Manu were then said to repopulate their world.

Hinduism predates Christianity, and the Legend of Manu predates the creation of the Noah flood story.
Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by TAO11(f): 1:14am On Jul 25, 2019
Amujale:

The Gilgamesh flood myth predates the making of the Noah story.

I have proven you wrong on this already.

You are expected to go to the arguments I have directed at you and engage them point by point, rather than persisting in peddling your claim without evidence.

I have demostrated the absurdity of the claim that Noah's story borrowed from the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Please bear in bind that repeating a claim, even a quintillion times, doesn't make the claim true.

But proving the claim, even once, does.

I look forward to reading your engagement of the specific arguments I have directed at you in my earlier replies.

I have noticed that you're very passionate and enthusiastic about what you think is true.

I see that you wish very strongly that there was nothing like Noah's Flood in human history. Well, there is really nothing bad in being enthusiastic, but there should be a limit to which one should fight against reality, otherwise one would be heading for frustration, and one may eventually slip into cognitive dissonance.

Please note that I still owe you one very last culminating argument which (as I have noted) would deal with the historical, archaeological, geomorphological, and oceanographic investigations that have been launched by experts specifically into the Noah Flood story, demonstrating its historicity.

Cheers bro!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by TAO11(f): 1:39am On Jul 25, 2019
Amujale:

Hinduism predates Christianity, and the Legend of Manu predates the creation of the Noah flood story.

The French mythologist and professor of archaeology, François Lenormant has demonstrated in his landmark compilation of the world’s flood legends, The Beginnings of History that the Indian story of "Manu" came from Mesopotamia.

He stressed the parallel among most of the hundreds of flood myths he compiled from most of the ancient cultures from around the world.

In fact, mythologists have long settled the question of the source-myth from which all the other "parallel" Flood myths found across the world have emanated.

All the Flood myths (from across the world) bearing some parallel to the Biblical Noah account have long been settled to be emanating from ancient Mesopotamia.

Like François Lenormant, the mythology expert, Joseph Campbell, links the Chinese Flood myth (in which one of the ancient rulers of China Yü -- the conqueror of the Great Flood – “channelled (the) flood waters into rivers and seas to resettle his people.”) to the Sumerian account.

He concluded after considering many of the Chinese legends that they “reinforce the argument for a Mesopotamian source.”.

Now, an examination of the ancient Mesopotian Flood myths, have been seen to show that the earliest extant documented account of the Flood myth is the Flood story of Utnapishtim contained in the Epic of Gilgamesh ---- The oldest and extant documentation of which is dated to the 21st century BCE.

However, the Biblical account of the Noah's Flood story (as I have demonstrated in one of my lenghty replies which I humbly request that you should go and engage point by point) clearly indicates that the Flood event whose account is found in the Biblical documents relates to the 22nd century BCE.

Please note that I still owe you one very last culminating argument which (as I have noted) would deal with the historical, archaeological, geomorphological, and oceanographic investigations that have been launched by experts specifically into the Noah Flood story, demonstrating its historicity.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 3:04am On Jul 25, 2019
TAO11:

I see that you wish very strongly that there was nothing like Noah's Flood in human history. Well, there is really nothing bad in being enthusiastic, but there should be a limit to which one should fight against reality, otherwise one would be heading for frustration, and one may eventually slip into cognitive dissonance.

Cheers bro!

Noah is a ficticious character invented by Roman aristocrats.

Your arguments are based on a false premise.

The point that i am alluding to is very simple.

All Abrahamic text are fake, unauthentic, untrue, not real e.t.c

The Roman authors of the bible falsified their text in various different ways, the most commonly discovered by historians is the fact that they followed the trend of earlier regional religious concepts i.e the Greeks (Hellenistic) e.t.c

Lets assume a writer that is living in 2019, publishes a book and dates it 1005.

Now since the book was advertised as been published 1005 then, all the authors are supposed to have been living in 1005. That is what the Roman aristocrats did.

(a) The Romans authored the bible in the first century and made it seem to the reader that they are authors of an earlier period in time.

(b) The Romans fabricated all of their events.

(c) The Romans impersonated their own authors. They created a character as an author in their own book.

(c) They plagerised from various earlier philosophies from all accross the globe.

(d) The Romans attempt to bastardise real history .i e twisting past events

(e) The Romans impersonated their own characters.

(f) The Romans lied about almost everything.

(g) The Romans acquired all their contexual ideas and typologies from various philosophies from all accross the globe by nefarious means and as spoils of their warmongering.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 3:04am On Jul 25, 2019
TAO11:

I have demostrated the absurdity of the claim that Noah's story borrowed from the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Just to be clear, i'm not arguing that the bible is wrong and the Mesopotamians are right; but that the Epic of Gilgamesh predates the Roman aristocrats writing of the Noah Story.

Eventhough the authors of the bible probably thought it common practise in most flood stories to take after more older ones.

For me, in order to be able attempt to truly find the answer posed by the question of dates, one has to be able to ascertain some important facts.

(a) when was the Epic of Gilgamesh being peddled.?

(b) when was the Noah flood story being peddled.?

(c) Was there any observers?

(d) Who are the observers?

(e) Can either their authors or the observers be trusted?

- When was the Epic of Gilgamesh being peddled?

Answer: 2100 BCE

- When was the Noah flood story being peddled?

Answer:  First century

- Was their any observers?

(a1) Gilgamesh: Yes, they claim that on their tablets.

(a2) Noah: Yes, they claim that in their bible.

- Can either of their authors or observes be trusted?

(a1) Gilgamesh - No

Why?

Because most flood stories are unreliable and are found to have taken after more older versions

(a2) Noah - No

Why?

Because most flood stories are unreliable and are found to have taken after more older versions.

Now the question of which of them has been peddling their fake story for the longest is now clear.

The difference in their starting dates of peddling, proves that the Gilgamesh story predates the Romans Noah flood story.

And the Romans plagerized content from the Mesopotamians to create their Noah flood story.

Which brings me to the conclusion that the Noah flood story is fake.
Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 3:12am On Jul 25, 2019
TAO11:

The French mythologist and professor of archaeology, François Lenormant has demonstrated in his landmark compilation of the world’s flood legends, The Beginnings of History that the Indian story of "Manu" came from Mesopotamia.

Yes, that is highly probable.
Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 3:38am On Jul 25, 2019
TAO11:

Now, an examination of the ancient Mesopotian Flopd myths, have been seen to show that the earliest extant documented account of the Flood myth is the Flood story of Utnapishtim contained in the Epic of Gilgamesh ---- The oldest and extant documentation of which is dated to the 21st century BCE.

According to my source Stephen Mitchell the poet, and anthologist, the oldest version is dated 2100 BC

TAO11:
However, the Biblical account of the Noah's Flood story (as I have demonstrated in one of my lenghty replies which I humbly request that you should go and engage point by point) clearly indicates that the Flood event whose account is found in the Biblical documents relates to the 22nd century BCE.

I think both your sources might be talking about the same text

Could The Sacerdotal source document your first source was talking about actually be the Epic of the Gilgamesh?

Given the close proximity in numeric value of their dates, its highly probable.

Cheers!
Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 3:57am On Jul 25, 2019
TAO11:

All the Flood myths (from across the world) bearing some parallel to the Biblical Noah account..

That is exactly my point.

Since one already knows that the Roman's Noah flood story is relatively new, and that its common practise in that region of the world for newly invented flood stories take after older ones, then one can easily conclude that the Noah flood story is a plagerised version of an older flood story.

Cheers!
Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 4:16am On Jul 25, 2019
The bible is not what it claims to be, instead its a biblography, a compilation of various stories and typologies from accross the globe, the contents which have been re-packaged, sexed-up or outrightly fabricated. i.e plagerization of Greek mythology
Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by TAO11(f): 7:40am On Jul 25, 2019
Dear Amujale:

A number of things becomes quite perceptible fom your latest replies:

It becomes quite clear that you appear to have slipped back into your dungeon of wishful thinking.

You've returned to your old ways where you strongly believe in the disturbing idea that making a claim is a sufficient proof in and of itself.

You parroted numerous unsubstantiated claims again, most of which are actually unsubstantiable, while the rest are actually outright nonsensical and absurd.

Claims like: the Noah's story is fictitious, the Noah's story was invented by Roman aristocrats, and on and on.

I have shown that your Roman Aristocrats claim is not only historically erroneous, but actually absurd.

Roman aristocracy, as I have demostrated earlier, is a social class which is unknown in Roman History until during the the Roman Republic (509 BCE -- 27 BCE).

The Biblical account of the Flood of Noah on the other hand, has the Yahvist text as one of its source documents as I have also demonstrated earlier with appropriate referencing.

And the Yahvist text has been dated, by experts in Biblical criticism, to the 9th century BCE --- that is, sometimes between 900 BCE and 801 BCE.

How on earth can some Roman aristocrats, living sometimes between 509 BCE and 27 BCE, possibly be responsible for the authorship of a Biblical story which already existed sometimes between 900 BCE and 801 BCE ?? undecided cry

Another interesting remark, in your comment, which I feel obliged to address is your suggestion to the effect that I am wrong about the date of 21st century BCE for the earliest extant documentation of the Epic of Gilgamesh.

You noted that "according to my source Stephen Mitchell ... the oldest version is dated 2100 BC"; hence you became quite skeptical about the veracity of my 21st century BCE date.

At this point, I should ask you to answer the following question:

In what century is the year 2100 BCE situated??

Having said that, it is important that I add the following:

It is actually absolutely impossible that any dating technique for an archaeological material (e. g. radiocarborn dating, thermoluminescence datng, or paleographic dating, etc.) would yield a point estimate --- that is, one precise, accurate and specific date, e.g. year 2100 BCE.

The dating of an archaeological material actually yields an approximate date which is presented as an interval estimate --- that is, a range of dates alongside the associated probability of the actual parameter being covered by the range.

In light of this, your date of 2100 BCE must have been given in your "source" as an approximation, most certainly written in the original work itself as:

circa 2100 BCE or c. 2100 BCE; where "circa" or "c" signifies "approximately", "roughly", etc.

As a closing remark, I should add that I noticed quite easily from your replies that you struggle to grasp the quintessence and depth of the arguments I was delineating, let alone engage them.

My arguments clearly eluded you and I am just realizing it. I sincerely apologize for having bothered you all along and I regret any inconvinience. Although we would continue discussing other issues. In all, you've been a cool headed gentleman.

NB: I would fulfil my promise of posting my culminating argument in a separate comment in due course, perhaps someone may learn something from it now or later in future.

Warm Regards!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 8:20am On Jul 25, 2019
TAO11:
Dear Amujale:

I have shown that your Roman Aristocrats claim is not only historically erroneous, but actually absurd.

Roman aristocracy, as I have demostrated earlier, is a social class which is unknown in Roman History until during the the Roman Republic (509 BCE -- 27 BCE).

It seems you arent getting my point here, there is undeniable evidence that proves that first century Roman aristocrats are the real authors of the Christian bible.

Who you think wrote the bible?

TAO11:

And the Yahvist text has been dated, by experts in Biblical criticism, to the 9th century BCE --- that is, sometimes between 900 BCE and 801 BCE.

How on earth can some Roman aristocrats, living sometimes between 509 BCE and 27 BCE, possibly be responsible for the authorship of a Biblical story which already existed sometimes between 900 BCE and 801 BCE ??  undecided cry

1st century CE Roman aristocrats authored the bible. They made it seem to the reader that they was writing from an earlier time.

For example, The gospel of Mark is said to be written by an anonymous author, yet, there is proof of who is the actual author.

Once thing that is absolutely clear, John Mark was not the author of "The gospel of Mark".

Infact, similar to "John Mark", much of the New Testaments are authored by the Romans impersonating their own invented authors aswell as other aspects that they plagerized from various older text from accross the globe.

[url]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bible[/quote]

Now can you see what i meant by it being fake?

Amujale:

Lets assume a writer that is living in 2019, publishes a book and dates it 1005.

Now since the book was advertised as been published 1005 then, all the authors are supposed to have been living in 1005. That is what the Roman aristocrats did.

(a) The Romans authored the bible in the first century and made it seem to the reader that they are authors of an earlier period in time.

(c) The Romans impersonated their own authors. They created a character as an author in their own book.

(c) They plagerised from various earlier philosophies from all accross the globe.

(g) The Romans acquired all their contexual ideas and typologies from various philosophies from all accross the globe by nefarious means and as spoils of their warmongering.

TAO11:

Another interesting remark, in your comment, which I feel obliged to address is your suggestion to the effect that I am wrong about the date of 21st century BCE for the earliest extant documentation of the Epic of Gilgamesh.

You noted that "according to my source Stephen Mitchell ... the oldest version is dated 2100 BC"; hence you became quite skeptical about the veracity of my 21st century BCE date.

I know what you meant and figured out it was mere typographical, my response is included in the following post.

Amujale:

I think both your sources might be making reference to the same text.

Could The Sacerdotal source document your first source was talking about actually be the Epic of the Gilgamesh?

Cheers!
Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 8:29am On Jul 25, 2019
Amujale:

According to my source Stephen Mitchell the poet, and anthologist, the oldest version is dated 2100 BC

Yes, c .2100 BC the point is that 2100 BC is in close numerical proximity to the date given by the Sacerdotal text.

Amujale:

I think both your sources might be making reference to the same text.

Cheers!

Best Regards
Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 8:41am On Jul 25, 2019
The Romans authored the bible in the first century and made it seem to the reader that they are authors of an earlier period in time.

All the dates, timeline and chronologies of their writtings are wrong and unreliable.

There is undeniable proof available that allows me to arrive at those conclusions.

Amujale:

Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by TAO11(f): 1:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
Amujale:

It seems you arent getting my point here, there is undeniable evidence that proves that first century Roman aristocrats are the real authors of the Christian bible.

You keep blindly repeating your unsubstantiated claim about Roman aristocrats like a dogmatic missionary who will never adduce even one shred of evidence to buttress his claim, lol!

You seem so restrained from bringing forward your so-called undeniable evidence which exists somewhere. Bring it forward, that's the point of this discussion.

Wait a minute, do you not realize that what I am discussing with you on is not a "New Testament" story, but a specific story from Judaism which the Jews had centuries before Christianity also came along, welcomed it, and incorporated it into the "Old Testament"??

Do you not realize this, or are you just being willfully and selectively ignorant ??

1st century CE Roman aristocrats authored the Bible. They made it seem to the reader that they was writing from an earlier time.

For example, The gospel of Mark is said to be written by an anonymous author, yet, there is proof of who is the actual author.

Once thing that is absolutely clear, John Mark was not the author of "The gospel of Mark".

Infact, similar to "John Mark", much of the New Testaments are authored by the Romans impersonating their own invented authors aswell as other aspects that they plagerized from various older text from accross the globe.

[url]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bible

What an interesting person you are??!!

"1st century Roman aristocrats authored the Bible" you insist, although without a single shred of evidence.

Have you heard about the archaeological materials called the Dead Sea Scrolls ?? Read-up on that if you haven't.

They are some of the presently surviving manuscripts of the "Old Testament" a significant chunk of which have been dated scientifically to the 4th century BCE.

How did your guys (the 1st century Roman aristocrats) manage to produce those "Old Testament" manuscripts which lived before them in the 4th century BCE ??

Oh I know how, they must have already invented the time travel machine and then hid it from the rest of the world till date. Lol!

Moreover, I wasn't discussing with you about the "New Testament", so it is just counter-discourse and lack of decorum to keep throwing in Mathew, Mark, Luke or John.

As a reminder, I am discussing with you on just one episode among all the episodes featured in the "Old Testament", namely:

The story of the Flood of Noah. Gosh!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by TAO11(f): 1:53pm On Jul 25, 2019
Amujale:

Yes, c .2100 BC the point is that 2100 BC is the 22nd century as is the date given by the Sacerdotal text.

Best Regards

I appreciate your sincerity here for at least confirming what I had proposed; i.e., that your source could not possibly have given the year 2100 BCE as a precise, exact and particular date; but rather as a "circa" date.

Having clarified that, did you really just say that the year 2100 BCE is situated in the 22nd century BCE?? shocked

Wow!!! A quick google search would have saved you such bungle and embarrassment.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
TAO11:

Having clarified that, did you really just say that [b]the year 2100 BCE is situated in the 22nd century .

You know exactly what i meant here.

2100 BCE is year 2100 BCE to 2001 BCE

The 22nd century BCE was the century 2200 BCE to 2101 BCE
Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2019
TAO11:

..repeating your unsubstantiated claim about Roman aristocrats

You seem so restrained from bringing forward your so-called undeniable evidence which exists somewhere. Bring it forward, that's the point of this discussion.

You are wrong.

Did you even bother take the time to read the content of the post below?

Kindly follow the link in the response aswell

There you will find some of the proof.

Amujale:

1st century CE Roman aristocrats authored the bible. They made it seem to the reader that they was writing from an earlier time.

[url]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bible

(g) The Romans acquired all their contexual ideas and typologies from various philosophies from all accross the globe by nefarious means and as spoils of their warmongering

You are seeking proof, when its right infront of you.

Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2019
TAO11:

Wait a minute, do you not realize that what I am discussing with you on is not a "New Testament" story, but a specific story from Judaism which the Jews had centuries before Christianity also came along,  welcomed it, and incorporated it into the "Old Testament"??

It seems you are the one that isnt getting it here, the Roman aristocrats that authored the Christian bible and the people that wrote the New Testaments are the same people.

That is to say, the authors of the Christian bible plagerised and fabricated all the contents of the Old Testament, whilst inventing and plagerising content into New Testaments.

The Old Testaments is full of plagerised content from stories and typologies from all accross the world

Hence, the Christian bible was actually a badly written bibliography that the Romans used as a propaganda tool.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 5:19pm On Jul 25, 2019
TAO11:
"1st century Roman aristocrats authored the Bible" you insist, although without a single shred of evidence.

Have you heard about the archaeological materials called the Dead Sea Scrolls ??  Read-up on that if you haven't.

They are some of the presently surviving manuscripts of the "Old Testament" a significant chunk of which have been dated scientifically to the 4th century BCE.

Of what relevance is that, what difference does that make?

Does the manuscripts solve the fact that the bible was written in the first century and claims to have been written in an earlier period ?

TAO11:

How did your guys (the 1st century Roman aristocrats) manage to produce those "Old Testament" manuscripts which lived before them in the 4th century BCE ??

You are missing the point, there is not one character nor story present in the Christian bible that can claim to being original to the Roman authors.

The point being made here is that the Christian bible is a fraud.

You are bringing in manuscripts, what has that got to does with a badly written bibliography.

The manuscripts are of no importance, other than to support my point that all Abrahamic text are fake.
Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by musicwriter(m): 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2019
Amujale:

It seems you are the one that isnt getting it here, the Roman aristocrats that authored the Christian bible and the people that wrote the New Testaments are the same people.

That is to say, the authors of the Christian bible plagerised and fabricated all the contents of the Old Testament, whilst inventing and plagerising content into New Testaments.

The Old Testaments is full of plagerised content from stories and typologies from all accross the world

Hence, the Christian bible was actually a badly written bibliography that the Romans used as a propaganda tool.

I think you should stop wasting your time with that guy cause I discovered he's unstable. He argues illogically.

Example; I asked him ''You really believe someone called Noah saved all the animals and plants in the world in a wooden boat? If you really believe this, you need to be a slave in a white man's plantation. Because even without evidence; can't common sense tell you that's not possible?.''

And he replied ''No, I don't believe that; because it is absurd to even conceive of the idea that an obviously finite-capacity wooden boat would carry all the living creatures in the world.''

Yet, he've spent the last two days defending that an event which he admitted did not happen happened!. Isn't such a person supposed to be mad? If I could I'll block him.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
TAO11:

As a reminder, I am discussing with you on just one episode among all the episodes featured in the "Old Testament", namely:

The story of the Flood of Noah.

The people that authored the New Testaments (the Roman aristocrats), compiled the Old Testaments out of fabricated and plagerised content from all accross the world.

The Christian bible is a badly written and edited bibliography that was authored by first century Roman aristocrats.

For example, the Noah flood story is a plagerised version of the Epic of Gilgamesh or some older flood story they must have come accross at the time.

It has been established that the Christian bible was written in the first century and the flood stories they copied from predates even the birth of the authors themselves.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Renounces Christianity As He Realized Its Greek Mythology by Amujale(m): 5:38pm On Jul 25, 2019
musicwriter:

I think you should stop wasting your time with that guy cause I discovered he's unstable. He argues illogically.

Example; I asked him ''You really believe someone called Noah saved all the animals and plants in the world in a wooden boat? If you really believe this, you need to be a slave in a white man's plantation. Because even without evidence; can't common sense tell you that's not possible?.''

And he replied ''No, I don't believe that; because it is absurd to even conceive of the idea that an obviously finite-capacity wooden boat would carry all the living creatures in the world.''

Yet, he've spent the last two days defending that an event which he admitted did not happen happened!. Isn't such a person supposed to be mad? If I could I'll block him.

Wow!

Alright i get it now.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Our Leaders No Longer Bother About ASUU Strike But 2023 Elections – NANS / The Saga Of Our Beloveth Sister PROFESSOR Aunty UJU ANYA. PICS / Are You Interested In Moderating This Section?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.