Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,417 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands (89455 Views)

4 Reasons The Rich Keeps Getting Richer - How You Can Join Them / 4 Reasons The Rich Are Getting Richer - How You Can Join Them / How Banks Exploit Cbn's Weakness To Impose Excessive Charges On ATM Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by vickydevoka(m): 6:12am On Jul 22, 2019
This person is writing poo. Trusting a woman with money is lyk keeping a lion n a goat in de Same place. In this our era., if u wan a peaceful home u mustn't reveal everything to ur wife. Dats y u have a lawyer.

N beside Wat happens to de woman's account? Wat of she dies first n de husband doesn't have money, him n de children will suffer

3 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Mrjo(m): 6:13am On Jul 22, 2019
FarahAideed:

What do you mean by charity work
free will donation
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Damfostopper(m): 6:13am On Jul 22, 2019
Typical foolish women..... always playing victims..... as if dem too don't do that

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by babaloke: 6:14am On Jul 22, 2019
The headline smacks of feminist disdain for men;
How about,HOW BANKS ARE MAKING MILLIONS FROM FOOLISH DEAD WIVES.
90% of women will never let their husbands know they have savings in the bank. What makes you think your husband will die before you Are you God?? Unless you want to kill the man.
The best thing is to get a good lawyer, make your will,and indicate your asset, including your accounts with all banks, local and foreign.State clearly that your next of kin shall be your biological children as confirmed by a credible paternity test, that is if you are not sure of the paternity,in case the children are still minors at the time, create a legal trust that will administer the assets on behalf of the children b4 the reach adulthood.
Things are happening in this world ooo.....men shine your eyes well.

9 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Equity15(m): 6:15am On Jul 22, 2019
Charleys:
How do bankers get rich by protecting people's money?

This is a fake news trying to make you trust your wife.
I don't know why but this your last sentence is very funny grin
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by victorcompovine(m): 6:17am On Jul 22, 2019
I don't really believe this.. Where is the next of kin?
With the current ethics and reforms in banks, I stand to believe that the next of kin will definitely be contacted on behalf of the deceased, if not why the need of next to kin in various form filling across all parastatals.

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Princedapace(m): 6:17am On Jul 22, 2019
So a husband must die first before his wife eh?

And a husband must be richer than his wife eh?

2 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by kayevans: 6:18am On Jul 22, 2019
Starke:
Are you familiar with the term "Next of kin"? I think you should read up a little on that before posting this type of erroneous info.
You are wrong. I'm a top banker. NOK are never automatic beneficiaries of balances in deseaced account. Have you heard of probate registry? Letter of administration? Etc
The post is absolutely correct. We carry over huge unclaimed balances to every new financial year because of issues like this. Some crooky staff can equally take advantage of this with connivance with others esp when the funds have really aged. Be wise.

5 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by babyfaceafrica: 6:18am On Jul 22, 2019
healthserve:

Indeed. A legal firm with repute.

Also don't let your immediate family know whom your personal lawyer is. Separate regular deals lawyer from lawyer than handles big transactions and dealings.
lolz..make God help us.....most problems usually occur if the man has more than one wife... people with one wife are safer
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by ugorom: 6:22am On Jul 22, 2019
ATTAHDYE:
Cock and Bull story, nothing like that is happening anywhere.
Disregard this noble information to your own detriment.

2 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by kayevans: 6:23am On Jul 22, 2019
obembet:
I was privilege to chat with a female bank manager, she made a scary revelation to me. She told me how Nigerian bank vaults are filled with monies of dead men who kept their bank accounts secret from their wives.

She explained it was against bank ethics or policies for an account officer to inform the relatives of a deceased customer of his account (without his permission). And since the man is dead, without giving his permission, the bank dubiously keeps silent about the money. She told me it is rampant among many businessmen.

She revealed many instances of dead men whose families are still suffering, while they have millions stashed in their secret accounts.

She mentioned one that happened few months back. The man died and the wife was crying all over the place, looking for money to bury him. Whereas the man had nothing less than 60 million naira in his accounts. The banker said it got to a stage that she could no longer bear it, her conscience was pummelling her. She had to go against her bank rules, and got in contact with the widow and revealed to the woman how much her husband had in his accounts and how to claim them.

She also told of another story of one man who escaped death, but his right hand got paralysed. He couldn't sign his chequebook with his left hand and he was in a desperate situation that needed him to sign papers and cheques. That was how he learnt his lesson the hard way. As soon as he got better, he immediately made his wife co-signatory to all his accounts and involved her in all his businesses. What if he had died? That was how his family would have suffered in the midst of plenty.

This stupid behaviour is not reserved for wealthy men alone, even paupers who earn little have their own complex issues.

I just read on the wall of one of our groups where a man complained of how his friend refused to release his ATM pin number to his wife even though there was an emergency at home, and his ATM was at home.

Many orphans and widows suffering today are put in that condition by their stupid dead father.

Women and Retirees are not left out. Someone told me how a relative of hers died and none of her relatives knew that her properties were scattered all over the world. Not even one house. Not even a dime in any of her accounts... If you knew billions unclaimed in banks belong to selfish dead people, you would weep.

Banks and Bankers grow fat on these oafs.

Please do the needful now that you still have the breath to do so. Of course tomorrow is pregnant and only God knows what it will deliver.

A word is enough for the wise

Source: obembet
100% absolutely correct. I'm a top banker and this is cool cash for banks running into billions.CBN needs to come out strong with better guidelines on how to administer these funds like interest free loans etc.
Above all, try trusting someone with your pin or add them as co signatory to your accounts.
Have had several of these encounters with such 'sense' customers. A funny one was one very elderly man that travels from his village every other time to draw across counter from his account. We have told him severally to add his wife a teacher as a co signatory to his account but he refused. There was a day this man was totally drenched in rain came into the bank dripping water everywhere. He later died and this same wife after 3 months later had access to all the money there. Y'all be wise

5 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by babyfaceafrica: 6:23am On Jul 22, 2019
lefulefu:
then that is where making a Will comes into play. At least if u no trust ur wife then make plans that ur children should have access to it. But to me its foolish for a man to be marrying a woman he doesnt trust.
people can be secretive..

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by sexdoll: 6:24am On Jul 22, 2019
I might hide the information about the money from my wife.

but my son will surely know about it.

other people who will also have the information are:

my brother, then my father, and then my mother.... in that particular order!

don't blame me.

I trust these people more than I can ever trust my wife!

5 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by favour32(m): 6:27am On Jul 22, 2019
Do not blame the man.
So many women ain't loyal.
A lectural recently changed the next of kin to the first son(about 10-12 years old),who the same wife had for him.
The wife became very angry and unhappy about it.
This part of the world,Nigeria, majority of husbands feel insecure if their wives know how much they are worth.
In other hand, wives do not help matters.Many who got to know about their husbands worth have their lives never remain the same again.

3 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by larryking540: 6:27am On Jul 22, 2019
ojun50:

it is not about being happy, many men are are wired that way, bt those who put there family first do the right tin.
bro na women worst pass, if we are to take the statistics of men vs women who stach money in banks without their spouse knowing I believe women will b more higher, I wouldn't go too far, from my own description,my own mama she is in money, but nobody day follow am eat am, she know pay school fees for d kids one day,,

bro go to homes and see women that work how they keep money while d husband day hustle 8-9 work every day, just a few homes dat d women still openly tell d husband how much day have,

by 2025 the statistics will be higher, we day era of women too wan work,

2 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by dabiton: 6:27am On Jul 22, 2019
My only problem with this husband and wife thing is: why do women always think that the man will die first and leave his estate for her and “his kids”? Kids that are very likely not to be his own.
The worst part of it is that you will even hear someone you are living with and struggling to make comfortable “planning” for your own death ooo.
How many men have EVER come into the estates of their deceased wives so that he can use it to take care of “HER OWN” children? Or have men not always taken care of women and the kids the world over? Yeah, but men are supposed to suffer all their lives to take care of their “wives and kids” na!
Meanwhile, you won’t hear about “ALL THE FOOLISH WOMEN” whose money is “my own” and your money is “our own”! That is not foolish at all because they have vaginas... they can never be foolish.
All men have been forced to borrow from their wives(even the most enlightened women) to “ feed their families” which may include the wife- ok, no, she is not part of “his family”- when things are bad financially... very sensible from the women.
Children are a convenient, unknowing and most times unwilling pawns in this emotional bullshiiit for women to always get their way from when you are alive to even after your death! What if I say “Bleep ‘em kids”? I don die, I Don die as you dey plan am now abi?
I am dead now, everything don end abi something still remain?
See this topic is as usual an agenda of entitlement cleverly concealed in logic and emotions. The rational thing to say and do is to provide for your family now abi? But the bs there is that the woman feels entitled to everything that belongs to you and will most likely not make any sacrifices for the kids if it’s financial. It’s still has to be the man even when he has died.
IF I DON’T SPARE MY RESOURCES WHEN I AM ALIVE TO TAKE CARE OF YOU & “MY KIDS”- WHEN I CAN PUT IT TO ALTERNATIVE USES- IS IT WHEN I AM DEAD & CAN’T USE ANY OF IT, THAT I WILL KEEP IT AWAY FROM MY KIDS? Fucck off with that bs... I am tempted to even smell the usual “men are foolish” undertone to the whole shit... but it has been said already self- foolish dead men, even when you die ooo, smh
But when you meet reasonable women who are very microscopically few- and I respect them queens with my whole heart- the issue of inheritance is actually a non-issue self. By merely having a blockos you know you were created to carry load and you do it gladly tooo.
When from dating slay queens- even very enlightened otherwise intelligent women- will automatically start feeling entitled to the man’s possessions and the bullshit progresses to marriage and unfortunately to even when you die using every excuse under the sun from kids, to owning a pussy, to push their agenda. Hope you know without mentioning that for most women, the ends justify the means sha...
This is strictly my own well thought out opinion and you don’t have to sweat your palms trying to explain Shiite to me. Just go and live according to your own understanding and reality shall manifest itself in accordance!

6 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 22, 2019
ATTAHDYE:
Cock and Bull story, nothing like that is happening anywhere.
....it is...
.i have handled cases like this in my bank

2 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 22, 2019
lefulefu:
then that is where making a Will comes into play. At least if u no trust ur wife then make plans that ur children should have access to it. But to me its foolish for a man to be marrying a woman he doesnt trust.
what of men that couldn't find love till they got rich,you don't expect them to trust their wives.

2 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Dizzyrascal(m): 6:32am On Jul 22, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Sterope(f): 6:33am On Jul 22, 2019
Everyone making excuses for these men should remember there will be a special hello for these men.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Naijageak(m): 6:33am On Jul 22, 2019
This is a big problem but I know this won't still change this man here.

Lol
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Naijageak(m): 6:34am On Jul 22, 2019
Get a permanent cure to staphylococcus, low sperm counts, weak erection, low libido,
Premature ejaculation, and spermatorrhea (The involuntary loss of semen during sleep and other times) and other infections and ailments using herbal Remedies

If ignored, infections and erectile dysfunction can lead to complications, such as an unsatisfactory sex life, low self-esteem, high anxiety, and relationship problems. Getting a partner pregnant also becomes difficult if a man suffers with erectile dysfunction.

Check my signature for my WhatsApp details
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 22, 2019
placeofallure:

This is what I've never stopped pondering over, if he/she cannot be trusted with anything, why marry each other? I dunno how people cope in such marriages where I have to be cautious with everything. My husband knows my PIN, I know his too, I know his business buddies, I know every contract he's doing or about to do, we decide together what to venture into and what not. I am more or less his manager and we're happy so. I think It's true most of the problems plaguing our society is deeply rooted in family. God help us.
some people found love after they got rich,you can't blame them if they have trust issues

6 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by larryking540: 6:36am On Jul 22, 2019
Aystarz:

The thing is : Why did they marry such people in the first place

bro marriage na black market,
u don't expect a man who has spent 26years with his siblings and just 6 years with the wife to suddenly trust d wife than d siblings, no b man fault

I don't expect ladies to support me, but there is a difference between love and trust

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by SweetyZinta(f): 6:37am On Jul 22, 2019
pocohantas:
Banks have always been making mad money from dormant accounts. Starting from the ones who never told their families of such accounts or the ones whose relatives were oblivious on how to claim the funds.

I see someone talking of NOK. I can't state it enough, the NOK isn't automatically the beneficiary to an estate. There are so many things that could be done with the NOK details, like tracking you in event of fraudulent transactions grin...but automatically transferring your funds to their accounts isn't one of them.

From experience, women most times have someone (asides their husband) who knows their debit card and account details. A grown up child or sibling. Maybe because they can act pretty clueless on banking procedures.

Men are always faster to mention their brother or child's name. Women will most times say "who else? My husband. Or my child".

Also, the women's family are not usually so quick to come for whatever money they presume she has, like the man's side do.

I would never understand why people would even marry someone they can't trust with their money. But since it happens everyday, they should at least make provision for their kids. That is my own...

Nice disposition
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Chimaokigwe: 6:38am On Jul 22, 2019
Let your wife know everything and she would ruin you. She won't destroy you because she intentionally wants to, she would destroy you because like most women, her decisions are based on emotions rather than logic.

Paschal Dozie built a solid Bank until he let his wife influence him into allowing their incompetent son run the bank.

Women are emotional beings, men are logical beings. Don't let emotions ruin your hustle. IF you get a woman who employs logic in her reasoning rather than emotions, watch it well, she won't be looking at your money cos she'll be busy with hers.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 22, 2019
A female wrote this to increase there control over men as I see all lies from it [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

4 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 22, 2019
PrecisionFx:

I don't think people are allowed to open a bank account in Nigeria without a next of kin.

Educate me further

Due to certain laws coupled with dubiousness of banks, next of kins find it extremely difficult to access monies in a deceased's account, from going to court to get affidavit, getting death certificate, getting an arm and leg...and at the end of all this you'll still have to forfeit more than half the money to the government. The best policy is to have a trusted person (preferably the wife/husband), who can access the person's money without hassles in event of the person's demise.

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Daboomb: 6:45am On Jul 22, 2019
obembet:
I was privilege to chat with a female bank manager, she made a scary revelation to me. She told me how Nigerian bank vaults are filled with monies of dead men who kept their bank accounts secret from their wives.

She explained it was against bank ethics or policies for an account officer to inform the relatives of a deceased customer of his account (without his permission). And since the man is dead, without giving his permission, the bank dubiously keeps silent about the money. She told me it is rampant among many businessmen.

She revealed many instances of dead men whose families are still suffering, while they have millions stashed in their secret accounts.

She mentioned one that happened few months back. The man died and the wife was crying all over the place, looking for money to bury him. Whereas the man had nothing less than 60 million naira in his accounts. The banker said it got to a stage that she could no longer bear it, her conscience was pummelling her. She had to go against her bank rules, and got in contact with the widow and revealed to the woman how much her husband had in his accounts and how to claim them.

She also told of another story of one man who escaped death, but his right hand got paralysed. He couldn't sign his chequebook with his left hand and he was in a desperate situation that needed him to sign papers and cheques. That was how he learnt his lesson the hard way. As soon as he got better, he immediately made his wife co-signatory to all his accounts and involved her in all his businesses. What if he had died? That was how his family would have suffered in the midst of plenty.

This stupid behaviour is not reserved for wealthy men alone, even paupers who earn little have their own complex issues.

I just read on the wall of one of our groups where a man complained of how his friend refused to release his ATM pin number to his wife even though there was an emergency at home, and his ATM was at home.

Many orphans and widows suffering today are put in that condition by their stupid dead father.

Women and Retirees are not left out. Someone told me how a relative of hers died and none of her relatives knew that her properties were scattered all over the world. Not even one house. Not even a dime in any of her accounts... If you knew billions unclaimed in banks belong to selfish dead people, you would weep.

Banks and Bankers grow fat on these oafs.

Please do the needful now that you still have the breath to do so. Of course tomorrow is pregnant and only God knows what it will deliver.

A word is enough for the wise

Source: obembet

So you wrote all these because you want to kill your husband and inherit his money, abi? shocked
There are a hundred different ways to get around the "problem" you identified, aisde making a dangerously wayward wife the beneficiary of your money! grin grin
- make another of your family member a nominated signatory to your account
- have standing instructions on your account on what to do to your money in event of your death
- make your Son a signatory to your account, e.t.c

Some women are trying surreptitously so hard to reap where they did not sow. grin grin
But Men too are wising up nowadays. TWO CAN PLAY THE GAME!
How many women have made their husband a signatory to their account so that when they die he can go and withdraw money from their bank account?
shocked shocked undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by abuhusna1: 6:45am On Jul 22, 2019
I am always afraid of this and for the said of my children I had to give my account details user names and password to my wife just incase I die or anything beyond me happens cis I don't want my children to suffer neither do u want banks to just eat my money after I might have gone. The only thing was I warned her never to open my account to know my worth cos if she does I will know Tru mail alert and I will change the password sincerely speaking she has never tried to open it.
Mind you I don't care if marries another man after I have gone dead man don't bleep and body no be wood

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Crypto Currency Has Finished Me! / Folorunso Alakija’s New N60bn Luxury Tower Ready / Ndubuisi Emenike, Millionaire Disguises As Beggar In A Market In Imo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.