Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Help, I'm An Alcoholic! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, I'm An Alcoholic! (31940 Views)

Help! I'm Feeling Guilty Of Ruining Someone's Marriage / Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder / Help I'm Pregnant For A Married Man. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Longcucumber(m): 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
gracegrace668:
Hello everyone. Please, I'm not a newbie on NL. I opened this account to protect my identity.

I never thought I'd use this word to ever describe myself. Sadly, I am an alcoholic. It has taken me a great deal of embarrassment and pain to finally come to this conclusion.

I'm a female in my early 20's. One of the first things people comment on when we have a conversation is how intelligent I am. Good enough, I fair well academically and have done so for as long as I can remember. There is this dark side of me however. I am an alcohol addict.

I've read about my condition, especially at times when I swear I would never indulge in excessive drinking anymore. A person like me is called a functioning alcoholic. I started drinking as a way to forget some emotional and troubles but as I see, this in no way helps especially longterm.

I drink everything from wine, spirits to liquor. I go out with friends that drink. I go out to drink alone. I buy some alcohol to drink at home. I go from laying on the bed to walking out to buy alcohol. I just drink, drink and drink. I'm very ashamed of this. Sincerely, I want to stop. I want to make more meaningful decisions and relationships.

Please, how do I go about this? What can I do? Is there someone/a Group that helps with this kind of condition? Please help me.

Please help me move this to the permanent site. I'll be reading for suggestions.

thats good
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by seangy4konji: 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
U r not alone..try to engage in swimming,sports,movies and just determine..

Read books.

As am talking to u..n drink full every where..

Na mind

What am I saying self..baby booze on Jor.later it will smell to you and u will reduce it by yourself.
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by victorazyvictor(m): 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
post=80521110:

R u the one?
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
Depression. I would have ended up like you though.
Mine is as a result of Failure in life. Like I guide people to a treasure I can't possess. All my friends are balling hard. 90% of them got help from me, in other to attain such. But I can't just help myself. No matter how I try I just can't make it to the top. I start wondering Wether some people are destined to fail!.

But in all these fustrations and depression. I never smoked or drink to get high or forget my sorrows. One thing about me is that I hate anything that takes control over my conciousness. I like been in control of the way I act, think and reason. So getting high is a no no for me. Because it distorts my conciousness.
Whatever is pushing you to get drunk. Drinking would never take it away from you. Embrace it! And try to rise above it!.

And cry.. it helps though. Crying doesn't make you weak. When you alone, always let go, let the tears flow through you.

11 Likes

Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Just2endowed2(m): 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
Drinking? Na waoh.... She need help
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by leks4sure(m): 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Harrymig1(m): 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
Pray to God sincerely about it
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Meskalito1(m): 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
A bottle of KREST will go a long way in curtailing ur indulgence in ALCOHOLISM.
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by kirchofff(m): 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by TheFacelessMan: 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
greggng:

All you need is a good boy friend like me ...I know how to handle issues of this nature....do you eat bitterleaf?

You are THIRSTY! Pun intended! wink
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by fitinwell: 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
First you did not tell us..,
How did you get money to buy liquor.. ,

Solution to your Problem.,,. Change your circle of friends..,

Invest your time and money in what makes you more productive.

Get a mentor.
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Zimmermann(m): 3:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
Think of nutritious meals you could've bought yourself with that money u spend on alcohol, n buy them instead :* it works cool. When u see urself eating well n staying healthy, u'll ditch too much alcohol

4 Likes

Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Rilley(m): 3:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
Just Go for deliverance.
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by lagosinnovator: 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2019
Abi make u go start ogogoro joint since this is looking like your calling... seriously, how did you started drinking? who introduced you to drinking? How did you find your way here
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by tofolo(m): 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2019
sisisioge:
Chai! This is hard o...I don't think we have AA groups or assessable rehabs here. Your best bet is to go home, tell your parents what's happening, let them lock you indoor for 4 weeks without any exposure. You would go through a lot before becoming sober. Afterwards, you've got to make conscious efforts to stop!

Your liver,kidney and general wellbeing is on the line right now maami. Good luck.
We do Sisi, they have a presence in almost every state in Nig. I believe.
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by sucessdriven: 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2019
victorazyvictor:

Inbox me

provide the solution here so everyone can learn. if you are offering services provide contact here. Other wise there is no need to ask her to inbox you privately other than an intention to take advantage of her situation to sexually abuse her.

@ gracegrace668 i cant give you a solution but i can provide a powerful tip. If you are really serious and determined to quit. first you have to find out what triggers the desire for alcohol. do you want it most when you are lonely? is it when you go out with friends? do you think of alcohol when ever you feel sad? there must be something or somethings that trigger that desire. when you identify what it is, you have to find a different response when ever that trigger happens. everything depends on you, you have to use your will power. otherwise no amount of counselling or medication will solve the problem. you have to make a decision stand by it and be strong.

Ps: you are a woman and your body is different from that of a man. you will be more severely affected healthwise if you dont become strong enough to make the effort to quit.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Chiefochiefo(m): 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2019
You are discharged and aquitted. You don't have a case here to judge.
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by omooba969(m): 3:28pm On Jul 22, 2019
Bustincole:
Go to Redeem camp for deliverance

Oh Lord pls deliver from dis

C'mmon there are more important cases awaiting God's attention, this is just a dirty habit which had a beginning - it's within her ability to stop the habit as well.

Everything is God God God...Han Haan!
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2019
[/color]Sincerely, I want to stop. I want to make more meaningful decisions and relationships.
[color=#000000]

I honestly thank God you acknowledge that you can't help yourself, so what I will advise you now is to seek for spiritual help; go to MFM prayer city for deliverance to kill this spirit before the spirit kill you. All shall be well

1 Like

Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2019
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by greenguy: 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2019
All you need is a guide, a good friend who won't judge you but check your excesses. Then ask answer this vital question, why should I stop alcohol?
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by raphy(m): 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2019
Maybe ur mum use to have a beer parlour in ya house so it starred from there.
You get addicted to the beer and wine and so.many alcoholic drinks.

You only need to go mountain of fire they will set you free you can even vomit the ones in your system while they are praying ..I had that the Lords chosen church can deliver you as well.

Its up to you to go there.

When you see people drinking just close ya eyes and walk away...
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by bornprince(m): 3:30pm On Jul 22, 2019
I wonder why people joke with sensitive issues such as this. Dear poster if you can read this kindly call or Whatsapp this number 08037756517. There's hope for you
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by victorazyvictor(m): 3:30pm On Jul 22, 2019
sucessdriven:

provide the solution here so everyone can learn. if you are offering services provide contact here. Other wise there is no need to ask her to inbox you privately other than an intention to take advantage of her situation to sexually abuse her.

Is a long list, process to follow not a mere word.
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by tayooluwole: 3:30pm On Jul 22, 2019
Why not try weed and forget about alcohol

1 Like

Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by jeezy255: 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2019
I really understand your pain especially the swearing part
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2019
In addition to any other help, you seriously need prayers too.Your village people may want to use alcohol to destroy your destiny.

4 Likes

Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2019
Go for therapy........
gracegrace668:
Hello everyone. Please, I'm not a newbie on NL. I opened this account to protect my identity.

I never thought I'd use this word to ever describe myself. Sadly, I am an alcoholic. It has taken me a great deal of embarrassment and pain to finally come to this conclusion.

I'm a female in my early 20's. One of the first things people comment on when we have a conversation is how intelligent I am. Good enough, I fair well academically and have done so for as long as I can remember. There is this dark side of me however. I am an alcohol addict.

I've read about my condition, especially at times when I swear I would never indulge in excessive drinking anymore. A person like me is called a functioning alcoholic. I started drinking as a way to forget some emotional and troubles but as I see, this in no way helps especially longterm.

I drink everything from wine, spirits to liquor. I go out with friends that drink. I go out to drink alone. I buy some alcohol to drink at home. I go from laying on the bed to walking out to buy alcohol. I just drink, drink and drink. I'm very ashamed of this. Sincerely, I want to stop. I want to make more meaningful decisions and relationships.

Please, how do I go about this? What can I do? Is there someone/a Group that helps with this kind of condition? Please help me.

Please help me move this to the permanent site. I'll be reading for suggestions.

Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Holywizard: 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2019
U must be from Sapele or Ikwerre in Rivers state

1 Like

Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Omudia11: 3:33pm On Jul 22, 2019
I know someone who died from excessive drinking causing damage to his liver.

Pls do everything in your power to stop this. I understand that it's an addiction and can't be easily broken. I also know that addictions (such as this) are out of the ordinary and mostly caused by demons (yes, call me weird but I don't care).

5 Likes

Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by SilasOnwe: 3:33pm On Jul 22, 2019
God bless you beloved for coming open to share this. Addiction to alcohol is an act of unrighteousness and only one person is a professional in healing such an act. His name is Jesus Christ. Do the following and you will be set free.
1. Accept that you have sinned grievously against God;
2. Take a decision to live a new life;
3. Accept Jesus Christ into your life now;
4. Choose a bible believing gathering of people of God and start fellowshipping with them;
5. Pray every day and ask the holy spirit to help you;
6. Avoid your former friends and start building a new relationship with believers in the body of Christ;
7. Take a decision never to touch a bottle of alcoholic drink whether it contains wine our empty;
8. You may wish to call me on 08064164380 our inbox me via onweson2010@gmail.com
JESUS IS LORD.

4 Likes

Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by clems88(m): 3:33pm On Jul 22, 2019
gsetwhoa:
Another Viral Video Man Spotted Having Sex At A Backyard iI Festac Area Of Lagos.

See More Below

COMPLETE FULL VIDEO HERE
come.. Get sense na angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Before You Marry A Military Man / Girl In Abuja Cannot Locate Her Home & Parents(Pics) / What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.