Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,744 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow (24787 Views)

Concerned Nigerians Call For Ban Of Flavour’s New Music Video ‘looking Nyansh’ / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies In Nigeria / Charly Boy Calls For Ban Of BBNaija Show, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by obazie(m): 12:01pm On Jul 24, 2019
Not even now that the western world are acknowledging western beats, like Beyonce featuring our own wizzy baby in her album, Queen Geny of d nollywood amongs some artist are featured im same movies with the white folks and we are happy the world is about giving us same stand; now u just come from no where...elliot u be my man oh and thats why I will forgive u on dis one...cheers
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Moonpie: 1:00pm On Jul 24, 2019
Oga wants to kill the only thing that is holding this country together angry
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Horus(m): 9:22am On Jul 29, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESDFz898yQg

Desmond Elliot's Call For Ban Of Foreign Movies in Nigeria
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by safarigirl(f): 9:52am On Jul 29, 2019
The ignorance on this thread sha.....some people have no idea the movies Nollywood churns out today.

Somebody is even mentioning Regina Daniels. I watch Nollywood movies and I didn't even know Regina Daniels movies until recently. You just need a discerning mind.

I'd rather watch Nollywood than all those Korean series or Zee World. I cringe at the 'romance'

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by safarigirl(f): 9:53am On Jul 29, 2019
Smoothkill:
Abeg! abeg!!!
make una no even try am at all...
wat do you want to teach me? how to sing emotionally in the bush bare foot with a dude for over 45mins?
Nollywood dear, not Bollywood, what have you been watching?

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Smoothkill(f): 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2019
safarigirl:
Nollywood dear, not Bollywood, what have you been watching?
dear, I don't think you've seen all these home videos, 'ancient' plots to be precised, where they get to sing for long.
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by safarigirl(f): 3:28pm On Jul 29, 2019
Smoothkill:
dear, I don't think you've seen all these home videos, 'ancient' plots pto be precised, where they get to sing for long.
I don't know what they are shooting these days, but I enjoyed Epic Movies like Igodo, Egg of Life, Staff of Odo and Oganigwe.

I filter my Nollywood movies these days. I particulsrly skip anything Regina Daniels is on, but there are a lot of really nice Nollywood movies people miss out on because they lump everything as trash

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Smoothkill(f): 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2019
safarigirl:
I don't know what they are shooting these days, but I enjoyed Epic Movies like Igodo, Egg of Life, Staff of Odo and Oganigwe.

I filter my Nollywood movies these days. I particulsrly skip anything Regina Daniels is on, but there are a lot of really nice Nollywood movies people miss out on because they lump everything as trash
True, true.
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by nnamathy: 5:48am On Jul 30, 2019
safarigirl:

Check "" HOPE OF GLORY""
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by elisa123: 6:24am On Jul 30, 2019
She was born on 1985, 28 September in Coach Behar, West Bengal, India. She was also very beautiful in her childhood. After Completing the School Study from Kendriya Vidyalaya School at Coach Behar, West Bengal she started to study in English Honours in her collage. She has great Interest in Modeling. This Interest convert her to a Great Actress. She really likes Acting too.
After that she make her debut in Tv in 2007 with the help of the Serial - "Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi".
Later in the Year of 2018 she makes her Bollywood Debut in the "Gold" Film where she gets the great opportunity to perform with Brilliant Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar. So this was an really good experience for her. She is Bengali but she loves Bollywood. She also perform in some other Punjabi and other films.
See More About Mouni Roy from here>>
https://www.viralvilla.online/2019/05/mouni-roy-biography-wiki-age-height.html?m=1

Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by urahara(m): 11:07am On Jul 31, 2019
Blue3k:
W[b]hy are there so many weirdo protectionist in this country[/b]. Lol the cinemas owners will certainly take a hit if government does that. The nollywood movie industry has been growing steadily without it. This issues are quality control and piracy from what I can tell. He's been in 200 movies most of them low budget probably.

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mimi Orjiekwe, Daughter, Jasmine & Nanny Fly First Class To Seychelles & Dubai / Kizz Daniel Covers Vibesng Magazine / Mercy Johnson Remembers Her Late Mum With Emotional Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.