Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) (26184 Views)

FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria / Usman Gur Mohammed Sacked Over N781bn Siemens Power Deal / Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by ola9ja(m): 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2019
Terrible country without vision.
Look at what Kenya is doing and learn from them, since you all can't think with your brains

Mandynews:

Source; https://mandynews.com/electricity-crisis-president-buhari-signs-power-deal-with-siemens-ag/

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by 2sexycom(m): 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2019
post=80523480:

Amen and Amen.

God bless you and everyone around you too.

Words of a wise youth!
Simple and straight to the point! kiss
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by caracas: 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2019
post=80523378:
God bless our darling President Muhammadu Buhari and his AMIABLE Vice President PROF YEMI OSINBAJO as they take our country to a New and better place.

Slow a[b]nd steady we will get to the land flowing with milk and honey.

#PositiveVibesOnly[/b]
Yes ooo
We will surely get there
The land that flows with milk n honey
The land of the rising sun
BIAFRA

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by flowx(m): 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2019
post=80523487:
Some children of hate and perdition are still pained by this good news.

All they ever want to read concerning their country is sorrow, tears and blood.
Bloody animals.

Una go cry for four long years, una tears go dry up las las....

cheesy wink grin wink cheesy

We always do Chairman.
Na dem sabi.
To a better country we go IJN.

So you're a Christian and you're supporting the Islamization of this country.... Shame on you for using the name of our Lord JESUS CHRIST. You this blood thasty human being.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by TSRC: 5:18pm On Jul 22, 2019
Germany is such a world class country. Along with japan.
The best two countries in the world for me.

They produce so much power, and they have no means of storing it, so they pay the citizens to use electricity.

They pay their citizens to use light. How cool is that?

Better than America an canada where electricity is available but expensive.

Even among developed countries, there are levels.
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by omobaba1759: 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2019
This is a positive news . Hopefully we will see more of this from MR PRESIDENT
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Inprint: 5:27pm On Jul 22, 2019
God Bless Nigeria.......Good Bless president Muhammad Buhari.
I hope this will be the beginning of a new dawn in our power sector looking at the German company that Was partnered with.
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by eddieguru(m): 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2019
MrAnele:
Cool... I'm a Nigerian, I've lived in Nigeria all my life .. I know my country.. The only thing i have to say to this is... "NO be TODAY"
"NO BE TODAY" grin grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by bionixs: 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2019
post=80523378:
God bless our darling President Muhammadu Buhari and his AMIABLE Vice President PROF YEMI OSINBAJO as they take our country to a New and better place.

Slow and steady we will get to the land flowing with milk and honey.

#PositiveVibesOnly
no be today
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by omohlexy: 6:28pm On Jul 22, 2019
Generation and transmission has no problem. The real problem is in distribution which is more prone to vandalisation and dilapidation of transformers, conductors,cross arms and poles. The people involved should tell the president the truth and guide him accordingly. We must stop putting round pegs in square holes if the issue of power is to be resolved in this country.
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by omohlexy: 6:32pm On Jul 22, 2019
ola9ja:
Terrible country without vision.
Look at what Kenya is doing and learn from them, since you all can't think with your brains

bros do you have wind? Or na mouth you want take blow breeze turn windmill? Industries are sitted close to where raw materials are readily available
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by nextstep(m): 6:33pm On Jul 22, 2019
krattoss:
I[b] hope in 4-5 years time..we just have passed the stage of epileptic power supply[/b]
Kenya recently launched the largest windmill power plant in Africa.
Kenya of all people are going renewable energy..
I hope we soon get it right even if we have to go nuclear like our south African brothers

Unfortunately, we cannot. No country develops without taking full control of its power situation, and if we keep "buying development projects" from others, we will never get to that stage. Every few years there's a power deal to buy, but nothing about training and developing our workforce to maintain or to replace. They are buying power to solve yesterday's power crisis and so in 5-10 years we'll be buying equipment to solve today's power crisis. I've spent most of my 40 years dealing with epileptic power supply - learning how to pour fuel from jerrycan into generator from 7 years old. And I'm still doing so now.

We haven't solved the issue of clean running water... nuclear is perhaps 50 years in the future, and even then it will be installed by foreign engineers.

India just launched their own rocket to moon today - all indigenous parts, from the rocket engine to the computers to the radios. 5 years from now we'll still be launching pencil factories. SMH.

post=80523378:
Slow and steady we will get to the land flowing with milk and honey.

What milk and honey? How is this different from previous governments? From Ironsi on down, their sole accomplishment: enrich the West (and now China) by exchanging crude oil for foreign machines and ideas, while depriving youths of their own country from contributing meaningfully. No vision - and certainly no continuity - to ensure that we can make our own things within a definable period of time. I'm sure 10 years from now we will still applaud the government of the day for once again buying more machines using the money given to us in exchange for crude oil we don't even know how to extract.

Sorry my tone is so bitter, but I'm realizing that I will never - in my life time - see anything to be proud of in this country.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by gnykelly(m): 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2019
krattoss:
I hope in 4-5 years time..we just have passed the stage of epileptic power supply

I hope we soon get it right even if we have to go nuclear like our south African brothers

What is the capacity.
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by generalpeter: 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2019
Make una dey positive for ones...
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 22, 2019
Kingosytex:
cheesy

For the very first time in months Buhari is in the news for something positive.

Kudos to him!

too hasty, wait for him to deliver, fuel to be reduced to 45naira a litre did it happen?, boko hara has been defeated is it true?
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by arrestdarrester: 7:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
In which area are we expecting them to provide support? Generation, Transmission or Distribution? If you ask me, we need them more in transmission.
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by COMPAQ(m): 7:31pm On Jul 22, 2019
krattoss:
I hope in 4-5 years time..we just have passed the stage of epileptic power supply

But we don't want to pay proper price for power na! Easy to compare every country, but are you comparing the price per kwh as well.
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by lereinter(m): 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2019
Nigeria will outlive buhari
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by vichaz10(m): 9:11pm On Jul 22, 2019
hephzibah29:

sincerely, you are the only one seeing what am seeing, how can we generate common 7000MW in 2021 bcoz we are almost at 7000mw presently, and 11000 in 2023...
very poor movement...
Nigeria needs over 150,000mw of electricity for this size of the country..
I can't imagine how we can achieve it...
mind you, by 2021 and 2023, our population would have increased more.. so the added mega watts of electricity ll be useless

The deal is all about effective transmission and distribution of power.
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by asanwafo: 9:16pm On Jul 22, 2019
Abudu2000:
.They keep signing things and we see nothing
U and who? Say u see nothing.
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by SimDan95(m): 9:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
[color=#990000][/colorwe all know the drill.
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by SimDan95(m): 9:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
[color=#990000][/color] no be today
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Emmannn101(m): 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2019
Imagine a president who could not pay a minimum wage of #30000 for his citizens but can publicly sign an international deal worth billions of dollars and not Naira.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, what we need in this country is Revolution and I've a hunch that it might happen any moments from now. People like Buhari,Obasanjo,Atiku, Ebele Jonathan, Tinubu, Saraki,among others should be killed in public for looting the wealth of the country, these old men are the one responsible for the poor state of the country. It might be the continuation of the Shiite saga in Abuja

Even during the military era, things were not as worse as this.

It all started from Obasanjo era and the old man who is about to die confessed and seek for forgiveness from all Nigeria in an open crusade of a global Church.

God, please help us, we're tired of this suffering
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Jhamzy(m): 11:03pm On Jul 22, 2019
Well, if Nigeria refuses to go into Renewables, then the efforts will still be frustrating. How long shall we go in cycles in this Power issues. Here in Denmark, Poland and Germany, they do more renewables and still doing more. I hope they don't go the conventional way...
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 22, 2019
jarkbauer:
Meanwhile Egypt added almost 15000MW in 3 years.
please where is your source for this?
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by archat: 6:11am On Jul 23, 2019
stupid post lets see actions now scammers
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by hephzibah29(m): 7:38am On Jul 23, 2019
vichaz10:

The deal is all about effective transmission and distribution of power.
but, you and I know that we need more mega watts of electricity... let's generate enough first... to distribution won't be an issue
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by vichaz10(m): 9:49am On Jul 23, 2019
hephzibah29:

but, you and I know that we need more mega watts of electricity... let's generate enough first... to distribution won't be an issue
Generating power is not really the problem in nigeria buh how the power generated is being distributed to various source.....as of february there were report of how we got 8,000 megawatts buh the common nigerian would never feel the effect.
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Solsix(m): 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2019
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by hephzibah29(m): 3:33pm On Jul 24, 2019
vichaz10:

Generating power is not really the problem in nigeria buh how the power generated is being distributed to various source.....as of february there were report of how we got 8,000 megawatts buh the common nigerian would never feel the effect.

Uhnnn...
But my own is we have not generated 10% of the electricity needed for this size of population in Nigeria...
Qatar is less than Alimosho local government in Lagos... And they just achieved 10,000mw of electricity
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Sirfeeking(m): 6:13am On Jul 28, 2019
Noted......

We can do it

God bless Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) / Ortom Blasts Buhari: These Fulanis Are From Mali & Niger; Not Even Nigerians / 2023: Emefiele-Buni Presidential Posters Flood Yobe [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.