Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) (26165 Views)

FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria / Usman Gur Mohammed Sacked Over N781bn Siemens Power Deal / Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Mandynews(f): 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
The Federal Government has signed an agreement with German-based Siemens AG today on an electrification roadmap aimed at addressing the nation’s power crisis, our correspondent has learnt.

According to the video sighted by MandyNews.com, as shared by official Twitter handle of the president.

He wrote;

"Today, in partnership with the German Government and Siemens AG, we are making an important move forward in addressing Nigeria’s electricity challenge. Our goal is a simple one: to deliver more electricity to Nigerian businesses and homes.

My challenge to Siemens, our partner investors in the Distribution Companies, the TCN, and NERC, is to work hard to achieve the target of 7,000 megawatts of reliable power supply by 2021 and 11,000 megawatts by 2023 – in phases 1 and 2 of this initiative, respectively.

Our intention is to ensure that our cooperation is structured under a Government-to-Government framework. No middlemen will be involved, so that we can achieve value for money for Nigerians.

We also insist that all products be manufactured to high quality German and European standards and competitively priced.

This project will not be the solution to ALL our problems in the power sector. However, I am confident that it has the potential to address a significant amount of the challenges we have faced for decades.

It is our hope that as the power situation improves, we will improve investor confidence, create jobs, reduce the cost of doing business and encourage more economic growth in Nigeria."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0JhIWo3lRw

https://twitter.com/MBuhari/status/1153271432811597826?s=20

Source; https://mandynews.com/electricity-crisis-president-buhari-signs-power-deal-with-siemens-ag/

9 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
I hope in 4-5 years time..we just have passed the stage of epileptic power supply

Kenya recently launched the largest windmill power plant in Africa.

Kenya of all people are going renewable energy..

I hope we soon get it right even if we have to go nuclear like our south African brothers

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Kingosytex(m): 1:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
cheesy

For the very first time in months Buhari is in the news for something positive.

Kudos to him!

35 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Mandynews(f): 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2019
Cc; Lalasticlala
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by nelsonstudio1(m): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
Just the News making

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by MrAnele(m): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
Cool... I'm a Nigerian, I've lived in Nigeria all my life .. I know my country.. The only thing i have to say to this is... "NO be TODAY"

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by abdulazeez1002(m): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
Next level

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
God bless our darling President Muhammadu Buhari and his AMIABLE Vice President PROF YEMI OSINBAJO as they take our country to a New and better place.

Slow and steady we will get to the land flowing with milk and honey.

#PositiveVibesOnly

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Starboytwo(m): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
3 days now Nepa never take our light, every where just be like London....

But when we go hear am ehn, chaiii, we fit go 7 weeks without light

Who send them message, ehn? Instead make them take am small...ok..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by BlackCrainte: 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2019

God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Wizklynd23(m): 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
Good development

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Abudu2000(m): 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
.They keep signing things and we see nothing

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by agadez007(m): 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
when is power failure going to be a thing of the past in this country?

Oga buhari have failed woefully

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by jarkbauer: 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
Meanwhile Egypt added almost 15000MW in 3 years.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by BaddieKay(f): 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
Nice one,hope we'll see results in no distant time

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by ionsman: 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
Nice development... Knowing Nigeria, I hope this comes to fruition.
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by BlackCrainte: 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
post=80523378:
God bless our darling President

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Ayoswit(f): 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
undecided
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
Really?
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Mowoe(m): 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
post=80523378:
God bless our darling President Muhammadu Buhari
#PositiveVibesOnly
Is it that you don't know how to spell 'Your' or you don't know how to personalize things?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
BlackCrainte:

God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

Amen and Amen.

God bless you and everyone around you too.

Shully19:
Buhari don dey try but shar in try past the past president
Words of a wise youth!
Simple and straight to the point! kiss

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by obailala(m): 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
Another paper agreement... undecided

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
Some children of hate and perdition are still pained by this good news.

All they ever want to read concerning their country is sorrow, tears and blood.
Bloody animals.

Una go cry for four long years, una tears go dry up las las....

cheesy wink grin wink cheesy

Afamed:

Ignore them my Comrade.
We always do, Chairman.
Na dem sabi.
To a better country we go IJN.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Ernerstdavid55(m): 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
Kingosytex:
cheesy

For the very first time in months Buhari is in the news for something positive.

Kudos to him!
kudos to wat hw are u sure is not a signed looted money..oga shey u Don see light abi u just de talk
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by AZeD1(m): 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
In 2014, the pledge was to add 1000MW yearly.......

5 years after the target is transmission of 7000MW 7 years after the initial promise.

PS: Nigeria already has an installed capacity of over 10000MW...
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by BlackCrainte: 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
post=80523480:

Amen and Amen.

God bless you and everyone around you too.

Amen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Shully19(f): 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2019
Buhari don dey try but shar in try past the past presido

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Shully19(f): 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2019
Buhari don dey try but shar in try past the past president
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by kanest1h2o: 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2019
WELL I PRAY THAT THIS NEWS WILL BE TRUE AND IF IT WORK OUT, IT WILL BE A GOOD ONE.
Re: President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video) by Dozie32(m): 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2019
Taaaaaa Comot there , who are you trying to deceive with this? Common minimum wage you no fit pay.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekpa Simon To Abba Kyari: 'Your Hatred For South-East Ended Your Career' / Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over / It's Abnormal To Use Condom As Palliative For The Poor — Rep. Amobi Ogah (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.