Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,031 members, 7,810,836 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff (6757 Views)

Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making / Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS / INEC (ADHOC Staff) Invite For Training. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by martinosi: 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2010
beeman80:

What can i say?Eco bank.You guyz brought out NAIRA CREDIT CARD and all of a sudden discontinued the use by your numerous customers.Did some customers run away with the heavy funds loaded on these cards then?For the customers they could get hold of,ECO bank made them pay back as a loan.Making alomost twice as much from the customers.The laying off of 400 staff is just a true reflection of the state of the bank.They should come out on the real issues being faced by the bank.

NAWAOO!!! make una hear the real scoop about the lay offs.

The Chinese have purchased a large share of Ecobank in Africa and
have told the current board of directors to downscale on African Staff
because they are replacing them with their own staff ROFLMAO!!!

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF FOREIGN TAKE-OVER/FINANCIAL GLOBALISATION OF NIGERIAN/AFRICAN BANKS!!!
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by victory: 4:40pm On Oct 14, 2010
its a pity that this could happen at this time, pele ooh see if you can a beta some thing doing at www.megasuccess47.com to keep body and soul together!!! cheers
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by victory: 4:45pm On Oct 14, 2010
Try for new jobs at http://www.moneyjobs24.com/ and kiss bank jobs good bye for good grin grin grin grin
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by martinosi: 4:53pm On Oct 14, 2010
For those looking for proof see the comments below,

Quote , from the esconomist,

“Now everyone’s looking at Africa,” says Jacko Maree, Standard Bank’s boss. In January (2010) Bank of China, the country’s most international outfit, entered into a pact with Ecobank, which operates in 31 African countries. Chinese staff will drum up business from local branches.

Source - http://www.economist.com/node/17043662

hmmm drum up business indeed, by getting the current Board to sack 400 workers in 9ja, so they can get in place to drum up the business!

The people deciding your future are not always the ones that Look like
you and speak your language!

The Chinese have landed!!!
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by GoldCircle: 4:57pm On Oct 14, 2010
hmmm. . .sad news o!
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by martinosi: 5:00pm On Oct 14, 2010

Quote  from the esconomist

“Now everyone’s looking at Africa,” says Jacko Maree, Standard Bank’s boss. In January (2010) Bank of China, the country’s most international outfit, entered into a pact with Ecobank, which operates in 31 African countries. Chinese staff will drum up business from local branches.

Nigerians need to start thinking globally becos so many global forces are affecting the economy casuing many shifts,

People are being laid of at Ecobank due to new Majority shareholders (Chinese) and they think its Nigerian Directors that are firing them!

This is only the beginning, we need to start becoming aware as a people what is really going on!
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by kobikwelu(m): 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2010
^^^^^

the chinese are just trying to outflank the americans in their grab for global domination
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by tomiade1(m): 5:14pm On Oct 14, 2010
thats really bad o!!! angry angry angry. .
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by otokx(m): 5:21pm On Oct 14, 2010
That means ECOBANK will soon do very well as the chinese are on board.
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by kafanchan: 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2010
, and some people insist that our banks must be sold to foreign investors. God, naija dey your hand o.
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by hackney(m): 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2010
One day people will wake up to hear that another country now owns nigeria.
monkeys
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by 9jauk: 6:29pm On Oct 14, 2010
emmmigrate 9ja dey rut, abroad dey boil wahala deey, boyz dey mally eYinbo for paper,dapo complained of low sperm count reason mail, look_jhn@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by Esanbabe1: 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2010
its just so sad pple r losing their jobs and more than 10,000 youth corpers passed out today, ironic, so we have the whole streets flooded with unemployed pple. its only natural for pple to find other means of livelihood, kidnapping,prostitution,armed robbery, angry angry angry angry angry angry

i'm on leave now really hopingg i wasnt sacked cheesy
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by spicyhoney(f): 8:34pm On Oct 14, 2010
702:

@spiceyH, yeah its not funny leavin your hme, comin 2 wrk and u can't logon sys or your mails, its terrible, but provisons must be made 2 offset the affected ones momentarily, half bread is berra than none, besides they should have a resignation leta not dismissal as to which there's hope,
It could be dismissal letter, when my brother's bank did theirs; they just gave a letter saying their employment was terminated and services no longer required. It was after some of them protested that they now re issued another letter(the affected pple were asked to write resignation letters) so the new letter was now in response to their request to resign(lol). And they were not paid their benefits immediately
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by martinosi: 8:59pm On Oct 14, 2010
kobikwelu:

^^^^^

the chinese are just trying to outflank the americans in their grab for global domination

The Chinese are on a mission to extract resources from africa, and they need to own banks
in order to facilitate transactions to do this, simple and short,
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by martinosi: 9:08pm On Oct 14, 2010
otokx:

That means ECOBANK will soon do very well as the chinese are on board.

It means that more nigerians will be losing their jobs as the majority shareholders(Chinese)
start restructuring the bank. They may slash(close) alot of branches in Nigeria and lay of more
workers all in the name off "efficiency", "streamlining", etc, God help us
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by adeJ2: 12:30am On Oct 15, 2010
I wish the staff disengaged belong to their bank union, so that they demand for disengagement allowance or bonus for inconvienencies. If not 400 staff is a very high number to cause chao for the bank to operate without properly paying them their entitlements.Beside there is lesson 2 learn for those splashing or recklessly spending their resources/money.Only BABA LOKE provides good n secure Job for person in this country. take HAT.
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by kcik: 5:44am On Oct 15, 2010
Its appalling that in the face of this killing rate of unemployment the employers of labor still disengage this way, definitely they are not going to recruit soon. so customers will expect service failure from now,
[WHICH WAY NIGERIA?]
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by odedele: 8:19am On Oct 15, 2010
dis is d consequence of foreign take over of banks which sanusi has been championing,nigerians will now c d reason y some of us is oppose 2 d move
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by bayleaf(m): 10:15am On Oct 15, 2010
hum. what can i say. more disengaged staff, more crime in the society. it really is imperative for all bankers to have a plan B in place. May God help us all,Amen.
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by madprof(m): 10:24am On Oct 15, 2010
martinosi:

Quote , from the esconomist,

hmmm drum up business indeed, by getting the current Board to sack 400 workers in 9ja, so they can get in place to drum up the business!

The people deciding your future are not always the ones that Look like
you and speak your language!

The Chinese have landed!!!

Verify your statements before posting and stop spreading panic with your untruths! What gave you the idea that Chinese were replacing the disengaged staffers?
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by martinosi: 10:29am On Oct 15, 2010
madprof:

Verify your statements before posting and stop spreading panic with your untruths! What gave you the idea that Chinese were replacing the disengaged staffers?

Ignorance is bliss in your case,
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by lekanbar(m): 11:39am On Oct 15, 2010
Wow, this doesn't sound nice at all

http:///WW7N
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by samuraix1: 11:50am On Oct 15, 2010
Make it a date with Dr Christopher Kolade @ Harvest Place

Date: November 7th 2010
Time: 10am
Venue: Harvest Place. 10 Emmanuel Street. (Very close to Elomaz Hotel, former Jesu Oyinbo Street) Maryland. Lagos
Theme: You, Your career and Nation Building

For Registration Please call: 017392727 , 07041006835.
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by kobikwelu(m): 5:53pm On Oct 15, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SIGHS
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by McDoe(m): 7:09pm On Oct 15, 2010
hmnnn, creating rooms to bring in cronies.[b][/b]
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by Reference(m): 7:29pm On Oct 15, 2010
Why won't the Chinese buy. They are sitting on a mountain of cash. When Soludo asked banks to capitalise what did they do with the money. Open more branches and employed more staff to service who ? a poverty riddled people, when they know the bulk of their business is government driven. And while the Chinese where stocking cash for a foreign corporate  invasion they too embarked on theirs but to purchase shops and high rise apartments in Dubai and London. As a wise man once said poverty is not lack of income or earnings but the lack of wisdom in spending. Everyone will have a bite one time or the other. While some swallow others spit. Banks have themselves to blame. They failed to invest properly when the going was good, they were too heavy to be nimble. My goodness what do you do with 300 billion when you've not really earned it but have been compelled to stock it by some fiat, blow it of course. Business is about ideas which I'm sorry to say most banks unfortunately lack. So so sorry for those who lost so much in this grand scam.
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by angrynaija: 9:22pm On Oct 15, 2010
obviously, the new owners simply want to do more with less people. hopefully they gave the displaced employees some severance to help them stay afloat until they get something else. on the other hand, some of this employees will see this as an opportunity to start a business. sometimes a disappointment can translate to an opportunity. i was recently displaced from my last job, and currently working on starting my very own business. this is something i have always wanted to do, but did not up and leave on my own accord because i got too comfortable receiving that paycheck. i was like, why try to fix what's not broken? my advice to anyone facing this kind of problem is to not panic, but look at it in a positive way. hopefully the world economy improves soon for everyone

(1) (2) (Reply)

NPOWER Teach Assessment Test Portal Is Now Available / Airforce Pass Exam Questions Needed / Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Eunisell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.