Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School (14260 Views)

Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / 10 Types Of Boarding School Students / Photo Of The Day - Boarding School Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Ndipe(m): 12:22am On Oct 15, 2010
kokoye:

I remember some guy's bunk was moved from the room into the middle of an open field with him fast asleep. Imagine his craze when he woke up to a full view of the sky.

I think a similar incident happened in my school.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-16091.128.html
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by kcjazz(m): 1:46am On Oct 15, 2010
I saw a rat pulling a Ghana-must-go out of a cupboard shocked. That rat scared me
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by iice(f): 4:09am On Oct 15, 2010
kcjazz:

I saw a rat pulling a Ghana-must-go out of a cupboard shocked. That rat scared me

grin grin

timmy2409:

Navy PH in the house? y'all know that school was the shyt, I swear I can write a thousand-page book on all the shyt man had to endure in that craphole

for starters

- I was made to sleep on a bare metal bunk while a senior slept on my mattress

- I had to pin my head on concrete parade ground for at least 30 mins before bedtime (lights out) every night for one term.

- One time, I was made to give up my bunk for some random senior and then had to sleep with my mattress on the floor. Then in the middle of the night, while I was asleep, some other senior yanked my mattress out from underneath me. When I complained, he effing slapped me!

- I never went through one whole day without getting flogged at least once

- our prefects were supplied with fresh new 'koboko' whips EVERY MONDAY!, nuff said

- Our drenches were full of years of decayed shyt (including urine, bath water, occasional feces, etc) that had turned totally black, imagine rolling in all that stuff, yeah they made us do it (btw those things had some extremely big as$ mosquitos, )

- what would all this be if I forget to mention that our toilets were bad and we had to pound shyt down them when they got full (picture FAT toilet flies buzzing around, horrid smell killing your organs and liquidy shyt splashing all around) eww!!!! *pukes*

Okay nuff said wink

Rofl
The last one was traumatizing. Till now any small dirt for toilet, i nor fit. Ahahahaha when you had to take big sticks to pound the thing, meanwhile trying to avoid those other ones smeared on the walls, floor and door, the flush handle. How people managed to contort their body to shit on all those areas is beyond me. Was totally gross. And that was what seniors thought to 'catch' me with. Give me toilets as daily chore? Tufia.
Only form 6 students were allowed to bathe outside the shower blocks and to use the toilets in the dorms. I started using them when i was in form 3 grin You can imagine trying to bath in the middle of four cornered shit. Trying not to get shit to splash on you. I endured it for my first year but after that, i started finding ways to escape that kind trauma.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Ikengawo: 4:10am On Oct 15, 2010
You guyz were pure evil, I was a junior in Navy Abeokuta over 13 years ago still the memory is fresh:
1. flogging us with belt on our bare backs
2. frog jumping round the whole hostel
3. obtaining our provisions by force
4. waking us up by 2a.m and rolling across the lawn while a bucket of water was poured on you
5 planting our port (knelling with your head on the floor to support your weight)

pure pure evil dayz,
hAHAHAHA!

these stories are killing me! We just sent my little brother to boarding school in Imo, hopefully he doesn't suffer too much but from the way he behaves they'll probably be the ones that suffer from him, regardless of grade level.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Nobody: 5:31am On Oct 15, 2010
Wow, I missed a lot. :O
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by aieromon(m): 5:44am On Oct 15, 2010
Boarding school life makes one stronger especially if its not ajebota in nature.I left an ajebota school for a public one in JS2.After two weeks in the dump,i sneaked out of Epe to Festac because i just couldn't understand why my Dad should send me to prison.My dad attended a boarding school but he never knew things had degenerated so bad.I had no choice,either i went back or i forgot about school.
Mehn,my children must to taste the thing too so that them go strong physically and mentally.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by dayokanu(m): 6:00am On Oct 15, 2010
School of Science Ife.

Scaling school fence in the middle of the night 1am to watch US 94. At that time was the dreaded 'Tele' festival in Ife when they use human beings for sacrifice but I didnt send anything came back before 5am though.

Doing "E pana" (Switch off the light) during prep so as to get opportunity to smooch girls.

All the housemasters chickens never lived to see maturity courtesy of we.

Boiling ring to cook in the hostel
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by tunde121oke: 6:34am On Oct 15, 2010
no experience sorry
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Dkaz(m): 8:34am On Oct 15, 2010
Wow! At last new MTN cheat released, Just visit www.9jamob.tk and feel the swag. Its real
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by scarphase(m): 8:44am On Oct 15, 2010
fed govt college ogbomoso 95 -2000
mehnn!!twas crazy jss1-jss3 had seperate hostels called juniors and sss1-sss3 had thiers too
jss3 students were da kings of juniors while sss1 were da slaves of seniors
imagine being asked to push a car dat is drawn on da wall cos da fuel is finished!!
imagine aving days called general lashing!
or is dos crazy labors days when mi and ma pips wld go into da jungle in order not to do labor?(skool had massive jungle surronding it)
wld post da rest later
lest i forget i rem a guy shitting in food for a senior!
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by scarphase(m): 8:46am On Oct 15, 2010
wonderful days of feshelu and dry pepper mixed with geisha ir sardine!!fed govt coll ogbomos pips wld rem dis!
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Pain(m): 9:05am On Oct 15, 2010
Nigerian Military School, Zaria. Hmmm, No Comments.
Honestly,Better Experienced Than Gisted.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by spawnx: 10:12am On Oct 15, 2010
@Ultrame: was in Fabunmi;Fagba's house, class of '97. left in ss1 cause of them strikes. Fagba was a sneeky dude. Liked him though, gave my exeact anytime i wanted to go to town.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Ranoscky(m): 10:14am On Oct 15, 2010
timmy2409:

Navy PH in the house? y'all know that school was the shyt, I swear I can write a thousand-page book on all the shyt man had to endure in that craphole

for starters

- I was made to sleep on a bare metal bunk while a senior slept on my mattress

- I had to pin my head on concrete parade ground for at least 30 mins before bedtime (lights out) every night for one term.

- One time, I was made to give up my bunk for some random senior and then had to sleep with my mattress on the floor. Then in the middle of the night, while I was asleep, some other senior yanked my mattress out from underneath me. When I complained, he effing slapped me!

- I never went through one whole day without getting flogged at least once

- our prefects were supplied with fresh new 'koboko' whips EVERY MONDAY!, nuff said

- Our drenches were full of years of decayed shyt (including urine, bath water, occasional feces, etc) that had turned totally black, imagine rolling in all that stuff, yeah they made us do it (btw those things had some extremely big as$ mosquitos, )

- what would all this be if I forget to mention that our toilets were bad and we had to pound shyt down them when they got full (picture FAT toilet flies buzzing around, horrid smell killing your organs and liquidy shyt splashing all around) eww!!!! *pukes*
Okay nuff said wink

The last part alone is a discouragement already for me to send any of my children to boardin schooL, NEVER !!! angry

dayokanu:

All the housemasters chickens never lived to see maturity courtesy of we.

laffin nuff $$$$$ into my bank account !!! grin

kcjazz:

grin grin grin

Na one senior send am !!! grin

LadyT:

And you have people screaming that kids need to be sent to boarding school in Naija to learn! shocked

My sister, are you not stunned with such utterance? undecided

with all the evil deeds that im readin here ? shocked

NEVER !!! angry
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by rabzy: 10:15am On Oct 15, 2010
I Never attended a boarding school but have always enjoyed listening to the bizarre goings-on there, enough to let me know i won't be sending my kids there,

But i never heard of beating of teachers, i went to a public school in Agege and we always enjoyed watching boxing fights between teachers and students. Then also in those schools alagbara lo n jeun ita, you can hold your own place if only you can fight well, an ss1 boy can be the champion of the school and nobody can touch him, he may be able to beat five seniors at a time.

Also inter-school fights are always a spectacle, sometime while going home you might hear that a rival school is beating up students of your school, you either mobilize yourselves and join the fight or you take off your uniform and pass another way home,

But boarding school rocks,
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by ps3fanboy: 11:17am On Oct 15, 2010
I attended boarding school from JSS 2 to JS3 to SS1 first at government college ibadan and SPUSSA in ondo. Those two years where the most brutal and unforgiving part of my life. I did things i will never allow the son of my worst enemy do. Am a father now and i knw i can never send my son to a boarding house, not even the private ones. If my child will get spoilt i rather be it on my own terms and by my hand.

My worst experience was that i had missed dinner and breakfast the following morning due to circumstances i cant remember again. and i had no provisions as in nothing. i was so hungry i thot i was going to faint. i cudnt even move. i was lucky to see a junior that gave me half a cup of garri. Men that garri was like gold dust to me.

Washing of toilets to me was the worst job you could get in boarding houses, but thinking back now, why did the authorities let the toilets get that bad. hw much wuld it cost to repair the toilets really. why was there no concern for wards kept in ur care. even when u reported bad seniors nothing ever happened. i heard worse stories like seniors beating students into coma, inflicting life threatening wounds, raping etc

If u a re a father, i advice u not to send ur child to a boarding house, not even the ajebo ones
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by olapo(f): 11:20am On Oct 15, 2010
anyone from OLASS, ijebu-ode.  sisters were demons, imagine getting caught for not attending sunday mass, after the flogging we were asked to dig a 6ft pit in the convent, to bury who? crawling on tarred road with bare knees for not attending the 7pm prayer before holy mary, we all got our knees bruised, some were striped  naked for d delight of the gate men, but we reported and it brought about an end to'' d evils catholic sisters do''. 2002 set.

our set had to pack the shit our seniors left in d lavatory during their ss3 extension, mehn twas not rosy at all as we packed ghana must go of dried poo, the place was filled to d brim, those seniors sabi shit. we were about 80 student and we took over 10 rounds each to empty that place. twas disgusting.

d fight between   sss2 and ss3 girls, twas tough, we served punishments every night for a whole term, the late comers punishment---squat and stretch out ur hands for hours. those girls were wicked, and dem no sabi book.  
our lady of apostles secondary school was the place to be anyway, we learnt alot. up school!
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by lekanbar(m): 11:21am On Oct 15, 2010
Beating from senior on every part of my body, even d part i can mention   i can't 4get dat guy mehn

http:///WW7N
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by tollu: 11:24am On Oct 15, 2010
scarphase:

wonderful days of feshelu and dry pepper mixed with geisha ir sardine!!fed govt coll ogbomos pips wld rem dis!

Oh my darling Feshelu!!!
I hated milk, cornflakes then so I used to swap those things for Geisha or Sardines.
Meeeenn, I was a feshelu Madam, chai!

Lagos State Model College, Kankon
A na[i]k[/i]ed man came into my room and massaged sum seniors breastices  grin
He got to one sharp senior and good thing that one was a light sleeper, na so she shine torch for hin body and shouted.

She tried holding him but he reportedly greased his body.

Na the breeze of when hin dey run comot for the room wake me.

1 Like

Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by samuraix1: 11:49am On Oct 15, 2010
Make it a date with Dr Christopher Kolade @ Harvest Place

Date: November 7th 2010
Time: 10am
Venue: Harvest Place. 10 Emmanuel Street. (Very close to Elomaz Hotel, former Jesu Oyinbo Street) Maryland. Lagos
Theme: You, Your career and Nation Building

For Registration Please call: 017392727 , 07041006835.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by babslepe: 11:57am On Oct 15, 2010
i love this tread i would never forget the horrible days at spussa akure when we had to wait for two morning classes before breakfast well i left after my jss one for a better school but my experience at spussa is enough to last me for a long time but i remember the very wicked seniors jokey, gawando, ade,dr pus but there were some nice ones jango,the asp then dayo and i would never forget the house mistress mrs Akosile i am still looking for a way to say a big thank you to that woman but life at spussa was hell
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by tobennae(m): 12:06pm On Oct 15, 2010
FGC Warri
JSS1
After week of grace
A belt stroke to my aje butter buttocks sent me to heaven and back by force

SS1
Senior boys hostel
Night time
Tied with my two hands to the ceiling in a room.
Stripped of my clothes
Lights turned out
7 SS3 boys gave me the beating of my life in darkness
Broken nose bridge, bloodshot eyes, burst lips
All were given indefinite suspensions
I have the broken nose till now. 19 years later

Funny thing though
I still look back to those secondary school years with fondness
Even after all that
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by ayex0001: 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2010
just passing,
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by 1759(m): 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2010
Smuggling out the efo riro we were supposed to use to eat eko sunday night to the hostel and making feshelu (cold water eba)

Planning with a friend to go steal corn from a female teacher's farm, unknown to us she had hired someone to watch the farm due to earlier thefts and we were caught. As she was scolding us, the VP admin drove past and she reported us to him. ( the VP was notorious for flogging, he would clear his table and ask you to lie on it, give you one of his wife's vase or plate to hold and flog the living daylight out of you. God helped you if you dropped and broke the vase shocked)

Anyway the VP promised to deal with us. Chai come and see fasting and prayer. After a few days of extreme anxiety we learnt the she had forgiven us. we were so relieved.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by adetunrayo(f): 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2010
Funny the hatred still lingers after all these yrs. There is this boy in my sch back then that does torment me, the boy did many cruel things too me.

But, I still feel the hatred whenever I set my eyes on him even after all these yrs. I neither greet him or do as if I know him any time I c him.

Wickedness in evil.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Ofido(m): 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2010
@Carnan, Plz i really need ur number and E-mail so we can discuss sometin private. My mail is evaristusofido@yahoo.com and number is 08034903207
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by kokoye(m): 2:43pm On Oct 15, 2010
I remember my cousin who'd just transferred from a school in Geneva to FGGC Akure. My mom spent extra time on her since she was an 'oyinbo' girl going to a girls' boarding school in akure. She went to the school with more than enough stuff.

- She came back after 2 months with the same underwear she had been wearing for almost three weeks - said she never tooks them off cos the rest were stolen so she did not want the last underwear to suffer the same fate.

- Also came back looking for snakes to kill - said she'd gotten used to having snakes crawl up on her at night . . .or one sharing the pillow with her.

- She must struggle with yam slices. She'd been used to hammering away on the almost uncoooked slices in school before she could get a bite.

Her 'oyinbo' butter melted in less than 2 months.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by OboBoco(f): 2:59pm On Oct 15, 2010
i don't even know where to start from

is it fetching 12 buckets of water in a day
because the seniors are so wicked so can't listen to the excuse that you are already fetching water for 10 of her mates

is it missing your meals because you are trying to hid from a senior that wants to punish you for no just cause

is it going to the stream that is miles away when there is no water

is it a senior telling you to go under her bed and catch two mosquitoes for her, one male and one female and they must still be alive ,

is going to get a book from a senior called endless journey ? ( you can bet your journey will sure not end that day cos you will be posted to the corners of the school

is  it a punishment that we are being told to squat and fly our hands 90 degrees by the time you are asked to stand up, you will be crawling because you can't even feel your legs.

is it having to share a small six spring bed with your mate because a senior carried your mattress to double her own so that she can sleep better without feeling the spring, not minding how you are going to sleep

or having to pound  dry and hard  poo down the toilet with a stick so that it can flush properly.

i remember the day we came back from class and someone had come to the front of our hostel to poo, and we were sure it was not one of us, since we already know the consequence of such, but our room prefect said since we can't produce the person responsible we should pack it, thinking it was a piece of cake ( since we were just gonna use hoe or shovel ) to our surprise she said we should use our bare hands  shocked shocked shocked to pick it little by little so that it can go round for everyone. see us mixing dettol, izal, tcp, purit, bleach e.t.c. to was our hands after that.

THEN
like that was not enough

we were sleeping with  one eyes closed
because of the spiritual part of it

e.g, things like lady koi-koi
gorilla man ?( half man and half gorilla )
uncle ime ( from gist, one of the watch nights that died in our school and his spirit comes back to hunt the students )
even the students that were  accused of  being possed with evil spirits and witchcraft
so you end up spending half of the night screaming and running for your dear life from one dorm to the other ?
meanwhile you can't actually really see what you are running from, you are running because your mates are doing the same
we had the logic of run first and ask questions later.
so many thing to the point that i made a covenant with God that if i don't die in my JSS 3, That i would never die Again. ( don't blame me, i did not know what i was doing then, the stress of boarding house was just too much, i thought i would not make it )  grin grin grin

there are so many, i can write a book with volume 1 and 2.

by the way i went to federal govt. girls college . Calabar ( F.G.G.C. ) grin grin grin
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by olapo(f): 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2010
i cant stop laughing, where do those crazy seniors get all those stupid ideas from,
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by 1759(m): 4:24pm On Oct 15, 2010
Obo Boco:

i remember the day we came back from class and someone had come to the front of our hostel to poo, and we were sure it was not one of us, since we already know the consequence of such, but our room prefect said since we can't produce the person responsible we should pack it, thinking it was a piece of cake ( since we were just gonna use hoe or shovel ) to our surprise she said we should use our [b]bare hands  shocked shocked shocked to pick it little by little so that it can go round for everyone. [/b]see us mixing dettol, izal, tcp, purit, bleach e.t.c. to was our hands after that.

Damn! How long did it take before you could summon the courage to use you hand to eat eba/fufu again. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Slyr0x: 4:42pm On Oct 15, 2010
Mhen crazy stories here.

My story -> One afternoon lyk dat in my hostel, 2 of my friends were actually playing wv a double luggage box. Then they started arguing cos both of 'em wanted to be zipped inside and the way it was then, it could contain only a person at a time. As the peaceful dude naw, i spoke to one of 'em to allow the other. The dude entered it, we zipped it and we were pushing the box round the room. The dude inside was enjoying ths and ddnt complain all thru. We pushed the dude to the dorm. prefect's corner and told him there was some1 inside(we were lil. den), the prefect ddnt bliv it, askd us to open, we did and he saw d dude inside. Lo and behold, na one slap follow anoda sha. The stooo.pid senior started quoting laws 'U almost commited murder', 'felony of the highest order', 'an attempt on anoda's life' jst dey yarn grammar they go. Talk say i wan kill person say na 'Rehab i go kpai'. Mhen, d guy whip me tire talk say i must cry. As per the bad boy wey i be den now, mhen water no comot o0. grin grin grin

Anoda one --> Then in my skl's dining hall, d kinda system den was 8 people per table(including 2 table heads). On my table den(i was in Js1) we had 2 Jss2 gurls. Ths 2gurls jst dey beef me(untop say i be fine boy naw) grin grin. One day like dat sha, one of 'em gals talk say make i pass plate say she wan serve food but the plates were outta my reach, so iWas like she shld tel d senior sittin bside me to pass 'em. The next thn, d girl jst whoze me slap for face talk say 'why shld u be telling ur seniors to do dat', mhen b4 d statement comot her mouth, i dash her return leg for mouth. Mhen she was dumbfounded, d nxt thn, all dose her bfs jst gather round me drag me go hostel. I sure say una sabi wetin happen next. The only saving grace for me that day was the fact that the gurl don do 'nuff shakara for ss3 boys, so all of 'em jst support me talk say 'Yes it serves her right'. Na d only thn save me den of which iDon chop 'nuff sand swallow b4 'em ss3 boiz come rescue me. Mhen plenty stories nau buh iNo fit dey type everythn.
Re: Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School by Rooneyboy(m): 5:07pm On Oct 15, 2010
My dark days at FGC idoani ,ondo state ,i ll never forget u . A prison tagged a boarding house .The school Was so brutal that i knew staying there any further after my junior waec exams would have been outright death for me, as SS 1 to ss 3 stayed in the same hostel. Successfully had a transfer to FGC IJANIKIN, LAGOS STATE which i considered heaven on earth .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

15 Things You Didn't Know About Snakes (photos) / See What This Girl Posted On Her FB Timeline / What Is The Diffrence Between Waec Certificate And Statement Of Result ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.