Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? (22112 Views)

Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? / Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station / Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by deltateam: 9:47am On Jul 23, 2019
ElderIsaac:

When an Indian uses you, you should put your mind that you are passing through training. Put all your effort to get trained for your future advantage.

This stone grinding go fit you finally. Op dash this guy hammer.
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by RealityShot: 9:51am On Jul 23, 2019
leonard002:
If the location is great, the money agent business will pay you more. You can also add other things to it right there. Don't dull brother, accept the offer!

I'm a medical laboratory scientist and I recently moved to Lagos. I'm looking for a job position.

Kindly contact me if you know of available positions.

pmmis2018 at gmail.com
why didn't you ask him for the money agent POSITION?

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by mixta140: 9:57am On Jul 23, 2019
It depends on hw u sees it urself,people cant choose for u.....Another man food is another man poison.
So u gt u choose d one dat pay u more.
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by henrixx(m): 9:57am On Jul 23, 2019
RealityShot:
Omo stay there! bashtee09

If you drop, NO ONE will ever help you get another job.

Let me tell you this,
Shebi the Indians will go back home?
Who will replace them?

You are factory ASSISTANT now... Fresh graduate as you are...

What will happen when the factory manager drops?

People are lining up to replace you!
Please, Holla me let me replace you while you go and try PAGA Agency.

You can return when I reach factory manager level for you.

AGREED?!

Pm me asap... You know director abi chairman in a production company in this Nigeria and you want to leave the company... OMO give me the work I beg you.. We can share the alawi
this is the best comment here.

THE INDIANS WILL Go. And OP and his colleagues are surely in line to take over.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by badonkadonk: 9:57am On Jul 23, 2019
betadweller1212:
But which way naija? Fresh graduate doing laborer. May God help us in this country. Thathe is why it's advisable to aquire skills.

You think it's any easier for msc holders.?

There are many msc holders earning 78k per month, for a job of more than 3 people.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by badonkadonk: 9:58am On Jul 23, 2019
betadweller1212:
But which way naija? Fresh graduate doing laborer. May God help us in this country. Thathe is why it's advisable to aquire skills.

You think it's any easier for msc holders.?

There are many msc holders earning 78k per month. Most with no savings.
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by Irore: 10:02am On Jul 23, 2019
The graduate labourers starting with the company now during construction;installation of equipment and other devices will be the managers/hod's of the company when production starts though most Asian companies don't allow Nigerians to head any department no matter how efficient you are. You will still be subordinate to one inexperienced Indian that will be brought in when production starts. As a young graduate though, I think you need some work experience, maybe 3 years. The menial nature and stressfull nature is an exercise in itself that should not bother you. Your knowing the chairman is an advantage to you, so do your best because he is monitoring you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by noblealuu: 10:18am On Jul 23, 2019
@RiyaGoddess

Good pieces of advice girlfriend...
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by mfm04622: 10:19am On Jul 23, 2019
seanwilliam:
baba na lie. haba

Are you involved in it? If you are not, you won't know they are cleaning up! Many contract staff of banks have resigned to pursue that thing. Dey there dey talk na lie!

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by Britishcoins(m): 10:21am On Jul 23, 2019
RiyaGoddess:
Op, That Paga stuff is not as Rosy/Sweet/lucrative as people paints it to be. I run a first monie in my canteen in a very populated area market ooo. There are days no one comes to collect , transfer or deposit money. Even when they come in 2 or 3 or if one is lucky 5, how much is that Not constantly ooo.
What I will just say is that whatever business you decide to embark on, please study/ Learn the principles guiding that business. If you are to leave your Job or not, please ask the Holy Spirit to Guide your decision making. He will guide you if you ask. If you are not a Christian, then speak to God to guide you. Ask Him for Direction... God thank you for this Job you gave to me. I am grateful... Please God these are the things I am going through in this job you gave to me( Now Remember God gave you the Job to hold body till the bigger one comes. It's not by your power or even that of the owner...), what should I do? My brother came up with this and this Lord, Please give me direction... Continue Speaking to him till the conviction and signs comes on you... God will come through for you ni agbara olorun...

*Whenever you make a request from God, always make sure you seal it up with a Bargaining as in a vow.* That is one secret that works for me. And when the request is being granted, NEVER forget to redeem your promises/bargaining/Vows.
Good morning FAM. God Bless You All Today...
*Shilekunola*
Thanks for this advice
Read my Signature
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by RealestOG(m): 10:24am On Jul 23, 2019
Look for a sales gal to run the Paga for u while maintaining ur current job. the Paga activities can be monitored on ur phone So u don't need to be present at the shop always. I'm speaking from firsthand experience

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by seanwilliam(m): 10:27am On Jul 23, 2019
mfm04622:

Are you involved in it? If you are not, you won't know they are cleaning up! Many contract staff of banks have resigned to pursue that thing. Dey there dey talk na lie!
hw much fit start the business

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by akinmusi(m): 10:29am On Jul 23, 2019
As a money agent or commission agency,

1. You have to deal with complaints and call bank customer care when money needs to be reconciled.

2. Fraudulent people can capitalize on your ignorance. Either you deal with a customer who just want to transfer from a stolen phone or Sim that bank will call you that your transaction is fraudulent and money frozen.

3. Some will comeelct money via POS withdrawal and go back to bank to deny they receive value for withdrawal.

4. You have to deal with an attendant that is not honest or every time finding it difficult to reconcile account.

5. And when complaints keep coming in, you have to use the 100 naira on transfer fee to load card and call customer care. Customer care will hold you for almost 15 mins or less, save you are lucky. And when it's time to relay your complaints, you hear a voice telling you, you have one minute, you have one minute remaining, you have one minute remaining. That's the stupid voice of that 9mobile lady's voice over. You will feel like finding the girl to slap.

6. Some customers will still price your charge for N50.

7. It needs proper record keeping for reconciliation and it could sometimes be tedious.

8. The business is not so secure because there are miscreants who feel you keep load of cash with you and could want to burgle your shop or steal your devices.

Why do I know these?

I run one.

In summary it involves risks and be ready to risk all for your personal growth and development.

bashtee09:
please ignore all grammatical errors

I finished service around march this year and i stayed with my brother in lagos who is a site engineer after service, he was the one taking care of my feeding and giving me money for upkeep, since getting g a job has been really hard for me.

Fast forward to June my mum went on my behalf to one of the well to do man in our community and narrated my ordeal to him, the man asked me to bring my CV the next morning, when I got their the following morning the man gave me his complimentary card and told me to go with my CV and credentials to the company on the complimentary card that I will be interviewed that same day.

when I got to the company I met like 6 people who came to collect there appointment letter, when i met the GM of the company the man said the person that directed me to come didn't inform him of anything, he called the man when I was with him but he didn't pick, he asked me to drop my CV and credentials that I will be contacted after he speak with the man.

I told the man what happened when I got back home, he said I will be following him to the Company the next day, when we got to the company I was given the post of Factory assistant and I was asked to resumed work the following week.

when I resumed work the following week I got to know the man that gave me the link is the chairman of the company and the company is a still a new company which is still under construction, we were all employed to assist the Indians who came from their country for the installation of the machines that will be use for production. the work we were being assigned to is very stressful let's just say we are working like a casual worker(labourer) we break strong concretes with hammer carry big irons and do all sort of work a labourer do, the work is very stressful and we works form Monday to Saturday (8-5).

I explained all what I have been facing at this job to my brother and this week he called me and told me to ask if their is a future plan for us at the company when they begin production, but I told him I don't know about the future plans of the company for us.

He said the reason he was asking me is to know if he should open a PAGA(Money agent) shop which I will be managing pending the time I get a better job or I will continue working at the company
but I am a little bit confused I don't know if I should continue working with this company despite the stress involves and hopes for a better position when they start production or I should leave and start working as a Money agent.

please help a confused brother.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 23, 2019
bashtee09:

I finished service around march this year and i stayed with my brother in lagos who is a site engineer after service, he was the one taking care of my feeding and giving me money for upkeep, since getting g a job has been really hard for me.

Fast forward to June my mum went on my behalf to one of the well to do man in our community and narrated my ordeal to him, the man asked me to bring my CV the next morning, when I got their the following morning the man gave me his complimentary card and told me to go with my CV and credentials to the company on the complimentary card that I will be interviewed that same day.

when I got to the company I met like 6 people who came to collect there appointment letter, when i met the GM of the company the man said the person that directed me to come didn't inform him of anything, he called the man when I was with him but he didn't pick, he asked me to drop my CV and credentials that I will be contacted after he speak with the man.

I told the man what happened when I got back home, he said I will be following him to the Company the next day, when we got to the company I was given the post of Factory assistant and I was asked to resumed work the following week.

when I resumed work the following week I got to know the man that gave me the link is the chairman of the company and the company is a still a new company which is still under construction, we were all employed to assist the Indians who came from their country for the installation of the machines that will be use for production. the work we were being assigned to is very stressful let's just say we are working like a casual worker(labourer) we break strong concretes with hammer carry big irons and do all sort of work a labourer do, the work is very stressful and we works form Monday to Saturday (8-5).

I explained all what I have been facing at this job to my brother and this week he called me and told me to ask if their is a future plan for us at the company when they begin production, but I told him I don't know about the future plans of the company for us.

He said the reason he was asking me is to know if he should open a PAGA(Money agent) shop which I will be managing pending the time I get a better job or I will continue working at the company
but I am a little bit confused I don't know if I should continue working with this company despite the stress involves and hopes for a better position when they start production or I should leave and start working as a Money agent.

No don't leave you job, some people like to see how well you perform before they give you a better offer. I know a particular oga who does that, puts you to kind of work that would almost make you quit, if you leave that's it, But if you stay, immediately he get better spot he will recommend you without even ur knowledge. Trust me, thats how a friend got NPA job from being a shitty low paid worker of 30k in d mans business.

Just get someone to do the Money agent thing for you, that way, you won't loose out on both ends
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by awetaiye2015: 10:35am On Jul 23, 2019
bashtee09:

My kind advice for u is this....

Continue with the job and forget about the agent mobile money.

Reasons are:
1. With the job, u are boosting ur CV in terms of work experience.
2. Agent banking is now becoming rampant. I can count up to like 6 outlets in just my area. So the profit these days is not worth it and the risk of getting robbed and ur life at stake. I know of a case where one of the outlets was robbed and the sales girl almost lost her life. Though no work or job without risk but go for the one with lesser risk. And I think the agent banking has higher risk because u are likely to come in contact with a bullet but in that ur company job, if u follow all safety procedures, u will be safe from hazard or accident.

As for the agent banking, before the next two years, u will see agent banking outlets at every 1 minute walk. U know how Nigerians are. Any new idea, u see everyone going into it. I have one as I'm writing u. I have a POS outlet with a sales girl running it. So I can tell u better.
Even if there are no agent banking outlets in the area ur brother wants to establish for u, once u start and others see that there are patronages, before u know it, u will be surprised to see like 3 outlets there. Then the gain will be nothing to u. Besides, just know u are working for the so-called PAGA. U use ur own capital to start this biz, all they give u is the POS machine like first bank is doing also, then u bear the risk of the whole tin, then at the end, u share the profit 50/50.

Lastly, even if u do this agent banking for 100 years, it doesn't add to ur CV in anyway. Ur work experience is what counts, especially if u are in the science or engineer field.
I'll like to drop my keypad at this juncture.
Thank you for taking to my sincere advice.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by extremelygolden: 10:37am On Jul 23, 2019
My brother, there's always something special about those employees that started with a company from the grassroot. Those set of people eventually have rapid promotions and occupy strategic positions irrespective of their present qualifications.

I will strongly advise that you exercise patience and grow with this company, hence there's prospect there.

Forget the Money Paga business for now and acquire all the necessary skills and experience the present workplace has to offer you because in the future, whatever you have acquired now will go a very long way in shaping you into the man for the future.

I wish you the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by Originalsly: 10:38am On Jul 23, 2019
Just curious... are you really a graduate? Why not mention the field?...that's the first thing a graduate does when it comes to jobs. It seems you have no clue what the company does... production of what? Your brother asked you to find out... seems you have no intention to do so. From your tone... you seem not to want to work hard period. No work is easy... but then you shouldn't be a slave. How much is your pay?...you never say... that will give a clue if it will be worth waiting to get a position when it opens. Seems your brother is just trying to find you employment until you can make your own way...but you need to step out on your own instead of waiting around .... even the handicapped hustle. You are grown... should make every effort to be independent. Get up and get.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by luluosas(m): 10:45am On Jul 23, 2019
Are labourers not humans, why degrade them as if they are animals?
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by Creampro: 10:47am On Jul 23, 2019
bashtee09:

What happens when construction is complete and operations begin fully? Then you will have lost out and be saying had I known.
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by Naijageak(m): 10:56am On Jul 23, 2019
It's not easy getting job in Nigeria. Kindly stay in the factory.

For health issues check my signature
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by OhiOfIhima: 11:06am On Jul 23, 2019
mfm04622:

Please go and ask how much they make before looking down on them! It depends on good location. Some make more than 200k per month.

Bros, pls if u have an idea of amount that can start it.. share to me. thanks
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:13am On Jul 23, 2019
bashtee09:

That the different between IBO and Yoruba wait the other people working on the site no be mother wen born them
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by mfm04622: 11:14am On Jul 23, 2019
OhiOfIhima:

Bros, pls if u have an idea of amount that can start it.. share to me. thanks

Good location is the most important thing ooooo. This business depends on location where banks outlets and ATMs are not nearby. Also where other agents are not nearby. Look for such location first then meet either Paga or any bank of your choice to onboard you as an agent. Each organisation will tell you what they need. I know First Bank prefer someone doing retail business to register as an agent
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by mfm04622: 11:15am On Jul 23, 2019
seanwilliam:
hw much fit start the business

Good location is the most important thing ooooo. This business depends on location where banks outlets and ATMs are not nearby. Also where other agents are not nearby. Look for such location first then meet either Paga or any bank of your choice to onboard you as an agent. Each organisation will tell you what they need. I know First Bank prefer someone doing retail business to register as an agent
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by UkpaiC(m): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2019
Good day sir.
If you want a touch of excellence for your child academically and stays around Ibadan, worry no more, what you are looking for is here!

We do private home lessons for all categories of students ranging from primary to senior secondary schools. I major mainly in sciences and so good at transferring knowledge to young people. I teach mathematics too.
We could just fix time to suit schedules.
Just call me on 08121007806
You can also tell your family friend who might be interested and stays in Ibadan about this.
With me, your child is in the safest and best hand.
The best you can do do for a child is to give him a solid moral and academic foundation.
God bless you.
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by Showbby28: 11:17am On Jul 23, 2019
Companies being run by Indians, do not take good care of their workers, especially the casual workers. So I will advise him to go for the latter
Joevics:
I would advise you continue with the job.

If your long term goal is to become a successful career person, then take the work as your stepping stone.

It would be difficult for you to get a good job without experience.

There is a chance that the company may retain you, so continue working, at least to gain experience in any way you can.

Money agent business my seem lucrative now. But have in mind that your chances of getting a better job is higher when you are currently working.

See my Signature.
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by writeprof(m): 11:22am On Jul 23, 2019
RiyaGoddess:
Op, That Paga stuff is not as Rosy/Sweet/lucrative as people paints it to be. I run a first monie in my canteen in a very populated area market ooo. There are days no one comes to collect , transfer or deposit money. Even when they come in 2 or 3 or if one is lucky 5, how much is that Not constantly ooo.
What I will just say is that whatever business you decide to embark on, please study/ Learn the principles guiding that business. If you are to leave your Job or not, please ask the Holy Spirit to Guide your decision making. He will guide you if you ask. If you are not a Christian, then speak to God to guide you. Ask Him for Direction... God thank you for this Job you gave to me. I am grateful... Please God these are the things I am going through in this job you gave to me( Now Remember God gave you the Job to hold body till the bigger one comes. It's not by your power or even that of the owner...), what should I do? My brother came up with this and this Lord, Please give me direction... Continue Speaking to him till the conviction and signs comes on you... God will come through for you ni agbara olorun...

*Whenever you make a request from God, always make sure you seal it up with a Bargaining as in a vow.* That is one secret that works for me. And when the request is being granted, NEVER forget to redeem your promises/bargaining/Vows.
Good morning FAM. God Bless You All Today...
*Shilekunola*

Read my Signature

good advice!
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by murphyprecious: 11:28am On Jul 23, 2019
Nothing good comes easy. Be patient. knowing the CEO is an advantage. Prove yourself by working hard
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 23, 2019
My brother the only advice i will give you is for you not to quit that job. Look in life nothing comer easily so i beg of you still keep it.
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 23, 2019
My brother the only advice i will give you is for you not to quit that job. Look in life nothing comes easily so i beg of you still keep it.
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by golddeejay(m): 1:16pm On Jul 23, 2019
bashtee09:

Bro, you want the truth? That work will break you. You will be frustrated and will scared to leave when you are deep in it...because of the paycheck. Knowing the CEO is one, him giving you assurance of giving you a better position is another. Even at that, you should always think of your own business/investment no matter what.

I will advise you start the money agent business. It is a small beginning, I know. You can grow to a business center/registration center. You can from this move to a bigger business.

Even if you are earning 10kp/month at the start. Living on salary is a trap, those factory works are hell. I did one or two before I entered the university, even during.

It is all about your focus & determination to grow!

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by Mac2016(m): 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2019
OluwaWizzy:
No amount of salary can be enough for you sir/ma!
Becoming a mobile money agent isn't an easy task also. However, carrying out the mobile money business in a strategic location is a plus based on the nature of the business.

No one can choose this for you - the best choice lies within you.

I think I can pick for him...Nobody will employ a concrete cutter into an official post in the same place with more money. Many wont want to do that!

OP pls quit the nonsense factory job before you die! Imagine stress from Monday to Saturday 8 - 5 round the clock. You wont have time sef to look for a better job and all ur hope will now be bent on a company that might not fly eventually

Go relax and do paga agent!

You will get a better job later

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shoprite Workers Embark On Protests In Ibadan, Shut Down Company Indefinitely / My Experience With The Rude Female Employees At Visafone Office Today / Pic: Difference Between A Boss And A Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.