Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,016 members, 7,810,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? (18662 Views)

Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station / Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? / Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Dickcap: 11:44am On Jul 25, 2023
Good morning Nairalanders
I would like to seek your advice. I'm presently working at a farm company where I hold the post of Assistant Manager. Forget the position I hold oo cause the salary is less than 60k.
Due to the harsh economy, we are currently facing, the CEO said he does not have the power to pay our salary again and that we should find a way to generate income to pay our salary.
It won't be hard for my team to generate income to pay salary but we would have problems with the CEO cause he's the kind of person that loves taking over any money we make from the farm

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 25, 2023
Make una siddown with your team one on one with d CEO o
Don't rush and goan resign o,if u do,another person from your team will take over your position in the blink of an eye grin
Nigeria is bleeding,there is nothing outside brother

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by jackmrandy: 11:59am On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:
I would like to seek your advice. I'm presently working at a farm company where I hold the post of Assistant Manager. Forget the position I hold oo cause the salary is less than 60k.
Due to the harsh economy, we are currently facing, the CEO said he does not have the power to pay our salary again and that we should find a way to generate income to pay our salary.
It won't be hard for my team to generate income to pay salary but we would have problems with the CEO cause he's the kind of person that loves taking over any money we make from the farm

IF YOU HAVE THE IDEA TO GENERATE MONEY TO PAYYOURSELF, WHILE ARE YOU STILL THERE. WHY NOT USE THAT IDEA AND TOOLS AVAILABLE TO YOU RIGHT NOW TO PAYYOURSELF MORE AND MORE.

32 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Dickcap: 12:03pm On Jul 25, 2023
Battlefield2:
Make una siddown with your team one on one with d CEO o
Don't rush and goan resign o,if u do,another person from your team will take over your position in the blink of an eye grin
Nigeria is bleeding, there is nothing outside brother

The job is more like being jobless cause transport is sucking almost half of the salary

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Dickcap: 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2023
jackmrandy:

IF YOU HAVE THE IDEA TO GENERATE MONEY TO PAYYOURSELF, WHILE ARE YOU STILL THERE. WHY NOT USE THAT IDEA AND TOOLS AVAILABLE TO YOU RIGHT NOW TO PAYYOURSELF MORE AND MORE.

Capital is fucking me up

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by saphiere(f): 12:13pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by GRACEGLORY: 12:13pm On Jul 25, 2023
🤔

Don't resign, there are no jobs out there, and the best financial opportunity one could get is one where one has the room to determine how much he earns for himself with the opportunities to learn meanwhile, not one that stipulates a salary. A lot of people work to earn. And, while at it, they forget to learn.

Once you and your group have decided how to make money for yourself and the farm, meet with the CEO to receive a letter authorizing you to make money for yourself on his farm and send a portion of that money to the company. In the meantime, record the meeting on audio to serve as proof in the event that the CEO later turns against you and disputes what you said or agreed to when the market changes.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Weedhustler: 12:14pm On Jul 25, 2023
If only u can think outside the box,u should be making more money than the owner of the farm. Use ur 6!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by wiseone28: 12:14pm On Jul 25, 2023
Resign
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by wotica1572: 12:14pm On Jul 25, 2023
Good

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 12:15pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:
start your own farm. You can start as little as a cartoon of Day old chicks and grow to become a millionaire. End your servanthood

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Kekydiv(m): 12:15pm On Jul 25, 2023
Resign!
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by MorataFC: 12:15pm On Jul 25, 2023
If you steal his property now, he will arrest and charge you, but how do you expect you to generate income? From where?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by karzyharsky(m): 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2023
Okay
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by AntiChristian: 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2023
I am tired! I want to resign too!
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Dickcap: 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2023
Weedhustler:
If only u can think outside the box,u should be making more money than the owner of the farm. Use ur 6!

Not as you think my brother
The CEO can drag anybody to court once he know you are cheating him

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Bennysam: 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:

The job is more like being jobless cause transport is sucking almost half of the salary
Since you don't have capital to start your own why do you want to resign then? Like someone above habe said ,Find a way to pay yourself there for a time being

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by wentroublecomes: 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2023
Ajehkpako4naija:
start your own farm. You can start as little as a cartoon of Day old chicks and grow to become a millionaire. End your servanthood

Motivational Speaker

8 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by ItisWell22(f): 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:

Capital is fucking me up

Stay there till you can figure a way out.

In all you do, trust none of your team members.

As someone up there mentioned, if you resign, na one of them go gladly take your place.

The country is too hard to stay without hope of getting anything at all, at all by month end.

Stay there, until you figure, better still find a sure way out.

All the best! 🙏
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Dickcap: 12:19pm On Jul 25, 2023
MorataFC:
Hmmm

What's your input?
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by MorataFC: 12:20pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:

What's your input?
modified
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Dickcap: 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2023
ItisWell22:

Stay there till you can figure a way out.

In all you do, trust none of your team members.

As someone up there mentioned, if you resign, na one of them go gladly take your place.

The country is too hard to stay without hope of getting anything at all, at all by month end.

Stay there, until you figure, better still find a sure way out.

All the best! 🙏

Does it worth staying even when salary is not involved anymore. If he implement no salary this month, would you advise me to stay or I should resign and think outside the box for myself?

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Redman44(m): 12:22pm On Jul 25, 2023
I am contemplating leaving my current job. SMH sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by gfelo(m): 12:25pm On Jul 25, 2023
why would you think like that, have you got another job, or you just want to resign and go and sit idle, if there is nothing to fall back to, better hold on to that and try generate income and pay yourself
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by hobyner(m): 12:26pm On Jul 25, 2023
Don't resign yet no matter how pained you feel. Since you said it won't be hard for your team to generate income why not do that on the side quietly & painfully, don't be afraid to use your CEOs resources to grow your side hustle. When you are sure that you have enough money saved then you can resign and focus on the side hustle & continuing to generate income. Life is very equitable, you'll receive from it what you give to it.
Dickcap:
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Gr8mind07(m): 12:27pm On Jul 25, 2023
You guys should get your boss to put in writing the agreement to generate your wages by yourselves. If possible, get a lawyer involved.

Then work and save enough to start something doing before you resign

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Tboymessiah(m): 12:29pm On Jul 25, 2023
NasoLifeBe!!!

My questions is this:
1, what do you guy deal with in the farm is it livestock or crop farming?
2, ho did he want u guys to generate income in the farm to pay.

I also have a farm I run!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Dickcap: 12:29pm On Jul 25, 2023
gfelo:
why would you think like that, have you got another job, or do you just want to resign and go and sit idle, if there is nothing to fall back to, better hold on to that and try to generate income and pay yourself
Where will I see the income?
The current economy is not helping matters. I am thinking if I should stay for long, I may lose myself to the man
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by meum: 12:29pm On Jul 25, 2023
Hmm. He said generate money to pay yourself. It doesn’t mean generate money on his farm & take everything home.

The salary you collect is the agreed amount for the work you will do to generate money for the company. Some people generate millions for the company they work for/with but are not paid in millions. That said, try & generate money for the company. Resign only if you have another income source

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by ItisWell22(f): 12:30pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:

Does it worth staying even when salary is not involved anymore. If he implement no salary this month, would you advise me to stay or I should resign and think outside the box for myself?

You mentioned that you and your team could make some money for yourselves in the business, but fear that your boss may just be too greedy to keep it all for himself. Right?

Secondly, you don’t have enough capital to start out on your own right now. Right?

Now, I suggested you work with your team in a way you don’t get into trouble and manage the stipend you may be able to “dodge” from your greedy boss while making plans to do better for yourself.

Outside tough oh, unless you be patient beggar. 🤧

Second, you no get capital yet.
Why not stay there, especially if it’s a line you hope to venture into personally, and keep learning or getting better at it?

I think you should only leave, if there’s no hope of shi-shi at all- at all and increasing knowledge!
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Weedhustler: 12:32pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:

Not as you think my brother
The CEO can drag anybody to court once he know you are cheating him

Where him smartness stop na there another person own start...except u no get liver!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Does A Surveyor Earn Per Month In Naija / Jarushub Career Tips / Rejoinder To When A University Degree No Longer Guarantees A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.