Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,890 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (25373 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:01pm On Jan 22, 2011
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 4:08am On Jan 24, 2011
woww i have missed alot here but thanks to my brothers Vedaxcool and sweetnecta for job well done may Allah reward you
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:16am On Jan 25, 2011
bashy_demy:

woww i have missed alot here but thanks to my brothers Vedaxcool and sweetnecta for job well done may Allah reward you

But you will have to tell me whether prophet Jesus was lying when he prophesied in Surah Maryam, Aya 33 (19:33):

"So peace is on me the day I was born, the day I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)!"

Do your prophet tell lies or is it that you are in denial?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 6:10am On Jan 25, 2011
^^ This Olaadegbu of a guy self, so what does that mean now? peace be all the prophet of God the day they were born and the day they will be rise again even me Bashy peace be upon me the day i was born and the day i will rise again
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 3:09pm On Jan 25, 2011
@Olaadegbu: When Prophet Jesus son of Mary [as] said what you wrote above in Surah Maryam of The Quran, can you tell me if the event of his birth already took place? If it is yes, then I see reason for your writing "the day I was born". If not, then explain how he was able to talk without being out of the birth canal to the outside world?

Please let me know if when he spoke the words, he was already dead or his death will be a future event he was talking about then? If this is the case that his death is a future event at the time he spoke the word, why not write "the day I will die", expressing future event to come?

Please let me know if when he spoke the words, he was already risen or his rising up will be a future event he was talking about then? If this is the case that his rising up is a future event at te time he spoke the word, why not write "the day i rise up", expressing it in the manner of how you dubiously expressed "the day I die", as if it is not a future event correct written " the day I will rise up"?

Olaadegbu, 1 past event is expressed as what already happened "I was born". 2 future events should be expressed as what is to come "the day I will die, the day I will rise up", not as 1 happening rise now "day I die" and the other future "day that I will rise up"! Even from your Bible, you didnt express that Jesus died as a baby, did you and not a young man of 30something? If he spoke about his future life in the Bible, was it not in shall or will? Why didnt you use the will on the Quranic verse you quoted?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by vedaxcool(m): 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

But you will have to tell me whether prophet Jesus was lying when he prophesied in Surah Maryam, Aya 33 (19:33):

"So peace is on me the day I was born, the day I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)!"

Do your prophet tell lies or is it that you are in denial?

The same surah says of John the baptist:

12. [To his son came the command]: "O Yahya! take hold of the Book with might":
and We gave him Wisdom even as a youth,
13. And piety [for all creatures] as from Us, and purity: He was devout,
14. And kind to his parents, and he was not overbearing or rebellious.
15. So Peace on him the day he was born, the day that he dies, and the day that
he will be raised up to life [again]!

wink

Again the Qur'an says of Jesus in the same Surah:

"I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and
made me a prophet; Again Jesus rejects that he is Not God
31. "And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live; compared to this verse in the bible which accuses Jesus of being un caring to the poor " 4 But one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, who was later to betray him, objected, 5 “Why wasn’t this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It was worth a year’s wages.[b]” 6 He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was put into it.
7 “Leave her alone,” Jesus replied. “It was intended that she should save this perfume for the day of my burial. 8 You will always have the poor among you,[c] but you will not always have me.” "
32. "[He] hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable; Compare this to the bible were Jesus spoke rudely(unkindly calling her woman)/Insulted his mum -by calling her woman and asking what joins me and you together "
33. "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that
I shall be raised up to life [again]"!
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:18pm On Jan 27, 2011
Does this now mean that you believe that Jesus died and rose again just as he prophesied in Surah 19:33?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Ndipe(m): 12:02am On Jan 28, 2011
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/19/index.htm

Read the above, particularly the highlighted part with a sincere heart.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by vedaxcool(m): 11:42am On Jan 28, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Does this now mean that you believe that Jesus died and rose again just as he prophesied in Surah 19:33?

Does this mean you believe that John the Baptist died and rose from the dead?

Does this mean you accept the rest of Jesus statement? Like where he said:

I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet, in the same surah? The verse clearly says the day I shall be risen, meaning ALLAH will cause him to rise. Again this point of rising might be during the day of judgement, everybody is going to rise from the dead, so there is no need being so jumpy about it.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 11:27pm On Jan 29, 2011
@Ndipe: « #455 on: Yesterday at 12:02:51 AM »
[Quote]http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/19/index.htm

Read the above, particularly the highlighted part with a sincere heart.[/Quote]I read everything with a sincere heart, imagining myself as the only audience of the Speaker, directing the whole thing to me. And I am sure that I agree with the Speaker. He is Mighty, Wise and there is none save He.

If I look at your highlight, for example, the verse where it says "created before, when he was naught", I realize that human was a soul in spiritual form before he was a human born on earth.

When man was nothing on earth, he was created by Allah the Almighty, in spiritual realm, as soul.

Just to let you know that you were naught, even on earth, please give me the recollection of your own experience when your mother gave birth to you in the hospital. If you cant, yet you dispute with your Creator, in that verse, where you are now told that you have appeared twice, once in heaven in your spiritual soul form, while the other at the moment of your birth, though I ignore the period of your inception in Mommy's stomach.

Do you know more than God? Yet you know nothing about your day of birth, or which sexual intercourse that produced your pregnancy? Neither Mommy nor daddy who did the act know which one, exactly, but ONLY ALLAH KNOWS.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 30, 2011
OLAADEGBU,you've seen much from the revelation,but if you still fail to be a muslim at the end of the show,that means Allah wants it that way for you,since Allah has shown you various ways to be in the light but you just wanna fi owo ara e she ara e just for fun.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 12:36am On Jan 30, 2011
@Olaadegbu: « #454 on: January 27, 2011, 08:18 PM »
[Quote]Does this now mean that you believe that Jesus died and rose again just as he prophesied in Surah 19:33?[/Quote]His death and rising up have not happened, part of the cumulative reason[s] he will return to die peacefully, not the supposed tragic death you hang your whole existence on, and his rising up will be in the time that even you and I shall rise up for Judgment day.

Olaadegbu, that Judgment day shall be real and no cartoon rendering shall be accepted from you or the original cartoonist[s].
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42pm On Feb 01, 2011
The Wonderful Angel
February 1, 2011

"And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret?" " (Judges 13:18)

This intriguing encounter occurred during one of Israel's periods of apostasy and servitude, when the people had been ruled for 40 years by the pagan Philistines.  There was one godly couple in the tribe of Dan, however, who evidently had long been praying for a son, and God finally answered their prayers. "The angel of the Lord" came to give the good news to Manoah and his wife.  The remarkable son who was to come was mighty Samson, who later would free his people.

But it is the Angel Himself who is most intriguing here.  His name was "Secret," meaning "too marvelous even to comprehend."  The same word is translated "Wonderful" in Isaiah 9:6, where it is cited as a name of the coming divine Son, whose name would also be "mighty God" and "everlasting Father."

This "angel of the Lord" was thus none other than God the Son in one of His rare pre-incarnate appearances, or theophanies, when the invisible God manifested Himself visibly to man.  There are many created angels (Hebrews 12:22), or "messengers," of God, but on certain occasions, this One who is called "the angel of the Lord" (also "the angel of his presence," as in Isaiah 63:9, and "the Angel which redeemed me," as in Genesis 48:16), is clearly none other than God Himself.  In such cases, it could only have been the pre-incarnate Christ, for the Bible says: "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him" (John 1:18).

God had already revealed Himself in this way to great men of God, and now even to an unknown couple.  Eventually this Angel, whose name is Wonderful, "was made flesh, and dwelt among us" (John 1:14), and will one day dwell with His people forever (Revelation 21:3). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 11:11pm On Feb 01, 2011
^^^^ Seriously, this is a bigger confusion than what you have been proposing;

now, he is an angel announcing the birth of Samson. . . . . ,

while he was not even contented as god and his own son.

He does it all; man as son of man, man as prophet, man as god, man as son of god, and finally angel announcing birth of mere mortal!

And after all of these, he said "my God and your God is One Lord".

And after all of these, he said i cant do anything of myself.

I pity a defective mind.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 12:23am On Feb 02, 2011
lwkmd
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Ndipe(m): 12:36am On Feb 02, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

The Wonderful Angel
February 1, 2011

"And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret?" " (Judges 13:18)

This intriguing encounter occurred during one of Israel's periods of apostasy and servitude, when the people had been ruled for 40 years by the pagan Philistines.  There was one godly couple in the tribe of Dan, however, who evidently had long been praying for a son, and God finally answered their prayers. "The angel of the Lord" came to give the good news to Manoah and his wife.  The remarkable son who was to come was mighty Samson, who later would free his people.

But it is the Angel Himself who is most intriguing here.  His name was "Secret," meaning "too marvelous even to comprehend."  The same word is translated "Wonderful" in Isaiah 9:6, where it is cited as a name of the coming divine Son, whose name would also be "mighty God" and "everlasting Father."

This "angel of the Lord" was thus none other than God the Son in one of His rare pre-incarnate appearances, or theophanies, when the invisible God manifested Himself visibly to man.  There are many created angels (Hebrews 12:22), or "messengers," of God, but on certain occasions, this One who is called "the angel of the Lord" (also "the angel of his presence," as in Isaiah 63:9, and "the Angel which redeemed me," as in Genesis 48:16), is clearly none other than God Himself.  In such cases, it could only have been the pre-incarnate Christ, for the Bible says: "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him" (John 1:18).

God had already revealed Himself in this way to great men of God, and now even to an unknown couple.  Eventually this Angel, whose name is Wonderful, "was made flesh, and dwelt among us" (John 1:14), and will one day dwell with His people forever (Revelation 21:3). HMM

For more . . . .

It's this same passage of the Holy Bible that convinced me that the Angel of the Lord is the pre-incarnate Jesus Christ. He is the same Being in Exodus 23:21, because God said that His Name is in Him (the Angel of the Lord)
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 12:01am On Feb 04, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^ Seriously, this is a bigger confusion than what you have been proposing;

now, he is an angel announcing the birth of Samson. . . . . ,

while he was not even contented as god and his own son.

He does it all; man as son of man, man as prophet, man as god, man as son of god, and finally angel announcing birth of mere mortal!

^^^You can never understand because. . .

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. (Matthew 7:6)
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 4:44am On Feb 04, 2011
^^^^^^^^^ Foolishness re-awakes! And they call us dogs and or swines? Yes it was their god that said it; some of them eat dogs. definitely, they eat swine that the pearls have no value on it. Yes, it is the house of the devils, and many other diseases.

Some of us use our God given mind.

God is God. The rest are creations.

Shall God be a creation? Never. That will throw Him from being the True God.

Shall creation be God? Never. God does not worship.

God suffers not.

God begs not.

God is never defeated. There was an off broadway play few years ago titled "your arms are too short to box with God."

the above is a true statement. When your god becomes a son, a prophet, a man and now an angel, you are definitely a confused mind.

This is your problem that has overwhelmed your mind to the extreme degree that you can't differentiate your Lord from anything; man begging, man getting beat up, man bleeding, man hanging, son of man! You almost turned it to how many forms do your god manifests himself, even hindu god is almost the rival here? funny stuff.

Don't get me started. I had a wonderful day and my mind is as sharp as a tack.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:00am On Feb 04, 2011
Prophecy
February 4, 2011

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." (Deuteronomy 18:18)

Two types of prophecy must be distinguished. When a prophet foretells or predicts, he represents the future in light of the present. But frequently the prophetic message consisted of rebuking, reproving, counseling, or admonishing, i.e., forth-telling, rather than fore-telling. As such, he portrays the present in light of the future.

It is the predictive type of prophecy which provides such a strong argument for rational faith. Neither human intuition about the future nor limited Satanic control of the future can account for the hundreds of specific biblical prophecies that have been literally and specifically fulfilled. These could only come by Divine revelation from the One who both knows and controls the future.

Actually, predictive prophecy provides a double defense: Not only does it prove the divine origin, inspiration, and authority of Scripture, but since over half of the prophecies converge on the person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ, it advocates His deity and Messiahship. One could hardly read Isaiah 52:13-53:12 or Psalm 22 without recognising that these are prophetic portraits of Christ on the cross. Others, equally specific, deal with other aspects of His life and ministry.

Still others predict the coming Kingdom to be set up by Christ, in which we as believers will have a part. Having seen so many prophecies literally fulfilled, we can have complete confidence that these others will come to pass as well. "We shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure" (1 John 3:2-3). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 9:01pm On Feb 04, 2011
^^^^^^^ how does the above explain the brethren[ship] of the Deut biblical "prophesy" of Moses? Is the only brethren of Moses the children of Israel, without doubt excluding the children of his brother, Esau, or children of his cousins, who are the sons of his uncle, Ishmael?

How is a prophet going to be raised up, like Moses, when you claim that Jesus who you call "Yahweh", son of "Yahweh" and Ghost of "Yahweh" in trinitarian maze just that "Prophet" like Moses?

A prophet like Moses cant be anything else, but purely Prophet, because Moses was purely a prophet!
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2011
am thinking the same how could God be raised up among there breathren did we have lots of God?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by ifele(m): 12:40am On Feb 05, 2011
Jesus (YeshuaBenYoseph) is not God. There is only one God and He will not share His glory with another.

Jesus worships Jehovah has his God and Father.

the god of Jesus is Jehovah Yah and Yah created Jesus Christ
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Ndipe(m): 1:11am On Feb 05, 2011
ifele:

Jesus (YeshuaBenYoseph) is not God. There is only one God and He will not share His glory with another. 

Jesus worships Jehovah has his God and Father.

the god of Jesus is Jehovah Yah and Yah created Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ and God the Father shared the same Glory from eternity.
He is God the Son.
Jn.17:5:
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:46am On Feb 05, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

It is the predictive type of prophecy which provides such a strong argument for rational faith. Neither human intuition about the future nor limited Satanic control of the future can account for the hundreds of specific biblical prophecies that have been literally and specifically fulfilled. These could only come by Divine revelation from the One who both knows and controls the future.

Actually, predictive prophecy provides a double defense: Not only does it prove the divine origin, inspiration, and authority of Scripture, but since over half of the prophecies converge on the person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ, it advocates His deity and Messiahship. One could hardly read Isaiah 52:13-53:12 or Psalm 22 without recognising that these are prophetic portraits of Christ on the cross. Others, equally specific, deal with other aspects of His life and ministry.

For more . . . .

In Psalms 22:6-18 alone, shows the predictive prophecy of Jesus Christ on the cross and this goes a long way in proving the divine origin, inspiration and authority of the scripture when comes to advocating the deity of Jesus Christ:

[list]
[li]He was aware of their scorn (in verse 6-7)[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]He could hear the mocking words (in verse cool[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]He was praying (in verses 9-13)[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The strain of crucifixion pulled His bones out of joint (verse 14)[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Loss of blood made His heart feel as though it were melting (verse 14)[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]His strength completely left Him (v. 15)[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Thirst caused His tongue to adhere to His mouth (v. 15)[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]They pierced His hands and feet (v. 16)[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]He could see them gambling for His clothes (v. 18)[/li]
[/list]

These Messianic allusions constitutes irrefutable testimony to the divine inspiration of the Scriptures, especially when crucifixion had not been invented, and this explains why cults and false religions will be used by Satan to fight against the deity of Christ and the authority of the Bible.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:19pm On Feb 07, 2011
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXyrRIbjuME?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]

This is a former Egyptian Islamic professor comparing and contrasting between Jesus and Muhammad and about the torture chambers in the Egyptian police stations, and how he has come to accept Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Saviour.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:32pm On Feb 07, 2011
The Trinity in the Old Testament

"Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me."(Isaiah 48:16)

For more . . . .
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2011
The Rod from Jesse's Stem

"And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD" (Isaiah 11:1-2)

This is one of the great prophecies of the Old Testament, clearly foretelling both the human and divine natures of the coming Messiah. Jesse was the father of David whose line of kingly heirs would eventually be cut off by virtue of their sins (e.g., Jeremiah 22:28-30; 36:30). Yet God had also promised David that his seed would, indeed, establish his throne forever (2 Samuel 7:16; Jeremiah 33:17).

Therefore, there must somehow arise a "rod" (literally, "shoot"wink out of the "stem" (literally, "dead stump"wink of Jesse's family tree, emerging as a live "Branch" from the roots of this tree. This would eventually be fulfilled in Christ's virgin birth, with the legal right to David's throne transmitted through Joseph (see the genealogy in Matthew 1:6-16), but the natural birth from Mary, a descendant of Jesse and David via Nathan, another of David's sons (see Luke 3:23-32) who had not been in the kingly line.

Thus, Christ was fully human from conception on, but the conception itself would have to be miraculous. At the same time, He would still retain His divine nature, for the seven spirits of God (note Revelation 1:4) would be fully present in Him. These seven spirits (actually one Holy Spirit, manifest sevenfold as the Spirit of the Lord, of wisdom, of understanding, of counsel, of might, of knowledge, and of the fear of the Lord) would be fully and constantly present in Him. Of no other man in all history could all this be said. Jesus Christ alone has fulfilled Isaiah's ancient prophecy. "In that day there shall be a root of Jesse, . . . and his rest shall be glorious" (Isaiah 11:10). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 1:43am On Feb 09, 2011
@Olaadegbu [Quote]This is a former Egyptian Islamic professor comparing and contrasting between Jesus and Muhammad and about the torture chambers in the Egyptian police stations, and how he has come to accept Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Saviour.[/Quote]Contrast his finding to what Professor Bart D. Ehrman of University of North Carolina at Chapel Hills, School of Religious Studies says on WWW.The DeenShow.com which you can access on Youtube.

He left Christianity and the reasons are obvious and many. All understood by sound thinking mind[s].

Mark Gabriel is wet behind the ears, still.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:26pm On Feb 09, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Olaadegbu Contrast his finding to what Professor Bart D. Ehrman of University of North Carolina at Chapel Hills, School of Religious Studies says on WWW.The DeenShow.com which you can access on Youtube.

He left Christianity and the reasons are obvious and many. All understood by sound thinking mind[s].

I am referring you to a former Islamic professor who got dillusioned with Islam before he found Christ and you are telling me about an atheist who is playing to the gallery.  Mark Gabriel is not only talking out of knowledge he has experience to back up what he is saying. Click on the videoclip #1 to find out why he was kicked out of the university and kidnapped by the Egyptian police and you will have a sneak preview of life in Egypt.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:51pm On Feb 09, 2011
Dr. M. A. Gabriel tells his story here.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Eldxkk5ZZw&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&version=3[/flash]
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 4:04am On Feb 10, 2011
@Olaadegbu: « #476 on: Yesterday at 02:26:33 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Yesterday at 01:43:45 AM
@Olaadegbu Contrast his finding to what Professor Bart D. Ehrman of University of North Carolina at Chapel Hills, School of Religious Studies says on WWW.The DeenShow.com which you can access on Youtube.

I am referring you to a former Islamic professor who got dillusioned with Islam before he found Christ and you are telling me about an atheist who is playing to the gallery. Mark Gabriel is not only talking out of knowledge he has experience to back up what he is saying. Click on the videoclip #1 to find out why he was kicked out of the university and kidnapped by the Egyptian police and you will have a sneak preview of life in Egypt.[/Quote]You almost behaving like Mark Gabriel! Are you wet behind the ears, too? Professor Bart D. Ehrman of UNC at Chapel Hills can munch on Mark Gabriel, who probably went gaga just from the moment he left Egypt! If you are raving about his leaving Islam, Professor Bart D Ehrman already rained on your parade. His leaving Christianity is more significant that the lonely Mark Gabriel leaving Islam. Further, many prominent people in the same Youtube Video series entered Islam, already that it is the misfortune of the man destined for fire to enter other religion instead of remaining in Islam with steadfastness, patience, forbearance and perseverance while seeking the Mercy of Allah.

And your recycling the few video clips you have is old and a boring strategy. Watch videos of varied people entering Islam. That better for you and each is a profound evidence against your conscience.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09am On Feb 14, 2011
The Greatest Love
February 14, 2011

"And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of." (Genesis 22:2)

There are many types of love in the world--romantic love, marital love, erotic love, brotherly love, maternal love, patriotic love, family love, and love for all kinds of things--pets, food, money, sports, and on and on. But what is the greatest love?

Love is probably the greatest word of the Bible and, by the principle of first mention of important biblical words, the first time the word "love" occurs should be a key to its use all through the Bible.  Rather surprisingly, love is first encountered here in our text, speaking of the love of a father for his son, of Abraham for Isaac, the son of promise.  Furthermore, the father is being told by the very God who made the promise to offer his beloved son as a sacrifice!

From the New Testament (see Hebrews 11:17-18), we know that this entire scene is a remarkable type of the heavenly Father and His willingness to offer His own beloved Son in sacrifice for the sin of the world.  This tells us that the love of this human father for his human son is an earthly picture of the great eternal love of the Father in heaven for His only begotten Son.

And that means that this love of God the Father for God the Son is the ultimate source of all love, for that love was being exercised before the world began. When Jesus prayed to His Father the night before His sacrificial death, He confirmed this great truth; "for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world," He prayed (John 17:24).  Indeed, "God is love" (1 John 4:cool, and the eternal love within the triune Godhead is the fountainhead of all true human love here on earth. HMM

For more . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas / Family Of Francis Atsu Vondee Ebony's Bodyguard To Visit Shrine Over Son’s Death / Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.