Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,000 members, 7,952,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:49 AM

How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? (7478 Views)

Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister / My Wife Wants To Leave Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by LewsTherin: 6:06pm On Jul 23, 2019
Paroh:

I don't think I'm getting my point across. If you see how this woman goes to the point of years whenever I refuse to take them you'll know what I mean. I might just be mean and stop greeting her or something. Maybe when we're enemies this all will stop

Do you understand the meaning of the word "manipulation"?

I guarantee you that if anything in the slightest goes wrong, if you need any help or assistance, this woman will show you her face can show more emotions than tears.

If you are one of those people who find it difficult to say no, simply refuse to open the door when she comes. The stories she is going to spread about you will be no different than if you say no.

Like someone said, this arrangement is not sustainable and either way it goes, you are the one that is going to pay for it. Better you pay on your own terms.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by sisisioge: 6:26pm On Jul 23, 2019
Jacinthe:
Before she comes again, tell her you'd like to speak with her.

Let the discussion be brief. Simply tell her that you can no longer be watching her children for her. If she asks why, tell her the arrangement is not sustainable. No, don't say, I have exams, interview, bla bla bla. "The arrangement is not sustainable". Period!

After you stop, let's see if she and her husband will not sit down to consider other options of child minding, as other couples do.

In addition to this advice, learn to not open your door when she knocks. Just tell her you are busy. EOD.

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by Acidosis(m): 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2019
Come to my house as early as 6am. Do that for 7 days and your problems are over.

PM me for Tfare.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by ruggedtimi(m): 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2019
the woman should pay you for your service

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by iamharkinwaley: 8:23pm On Jul 23, 2019
Paroh:
I live alone near Yaba. My neighbor, a woman, just moved in last year with her two kids, a 3 year old and like 7, 8 months baby. Apparently her husband works in Enugu and can't be with them here in Lagos. So as I love kids I like to have them around and play with them at my spare time. The issue now is the woman feels it's her birthright for me to watch the kids while she go about their business (she has a provision store just in front of their house). Early morning this woman will come and drop her kids with me and vamoose. Even this morning she woke me up from sleep to come and carry baby. Can you just imagine

Every single time I try to tell her I'm busy cleaning or cooking or studying the woman starts to beg me with tears in her eyes that they're swamped and I end up taking them. Times like this I wish I'd a job so I can at least go out in the morning let me see if they'll die but with none please how can I convince them to leave me the hell alone? I'm fed up.

Learn how to say NO bro, you owe no one.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by BomBellaBlog: 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2019
Paroh:
I live alone near Yaba. My neighbor, a woman, just moved in last year with her two kids, a 3 year old and like 7, 8 months baby. Apparently her husband works in Enugu and can't be with them here in Lagos. So as I love kids I like to have them around and play with them at my spare time. The issue now is the woman feels it's her birthright for me to watch the kids while she go about their business (she has a provision store just in front of their house). Early morning this woman will come and drop her kids with me and vamoose. Even this morning she woke me up from sleep to come and carry baby. Can you just imagine

Every single time I try to tell her I'm busy cleaning or cooking or studying the woman starts to beg me with tears in her eyes that they're swamped and I end up taking them. Times like this I wish I'd a job so I can at least go out in the morning let me see if they'll die but with none please how can I convince them to leave me the hell alone? I'm fed up.

Wake up very early, get dressed and leave the house before she comes. Just take a long walk. Do that for a week and see.
Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by deor03(m): 8:30pm On Jul 23, 2019
Paroh:

When next she knocks, do not open your door

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by jeph19(m): 10:48pm On Jul 23, 2019
A wise man once said... Nor start wetin u nor go fit finish

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by Nobody: 4:14am On Jul 24, 2019
iammo:
angry

You have to show her who is the boss,.. try and take a stroll and abandon the.kids alone and unattended for a long while, she surely feels entitled like most married women

Bro. Don't go with op advise, please, just tell her your mind, if you take a stroll and anything happened to those kids nairaland would not be in the cell with You.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by Rubbiish(m): 6:09am On Jul 24, 2019
Paroh:

I told her I'm going out and gave her her baby. I just sneaked in like 15 minutes ago and locked the house with key as if I was still out. This life
So u came here to report me

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by Rubbiish(m): 6:10am On Jul 24, 2019
iamharkinwaley:

Learn how to say NO bro, you owe no one.
Bro?
Were u expecting a guy to do this?

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by respect80(m): 9:04am On Jul 24, 2019
Paroh:

Inside life!
Is this how you have decided to discuss me and my family on a public forum like this? I came across this topic while going through the opera-news ads in my phone because it's been long since I logged in to my NL account.

You probably didn't know I'm a nairalander and you didn't mention any of the good things I have done for you for helping me look after my kids.
Meanwhile, I have forwarded the CV you sent to me to a friend of mine who is an indigene of Enugu state but works in Lagos and he assured me he would help you get something doing very soon cos I wasn't expecting to sit and look after my kids all day. I have or had good plans to complement every single help you've rendered to my family.

Well, I would like to say thank you for everything you have done for me, my wife and my kids and in light of this, I have also put a call to my wife to stop bothering you with our kids henceforth but I must say that you went too far on this cos you should have approached me or my wife with discretion and we would've understood your plight. What a humanity savage nature

It's a small world, they say. cry

Imagine say the woman husband dey NL true true and him just reply you like this cheesy grin cheesy

The kind cold wey go catch you ehn, 300 blankets no go do you cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by LewsTherin: 9:40am On Jul 24, 2019
respect80:

Inside life!
Is this how you have decided to discuss me and my family on a public forum like this? I came across this topic while going through the opera-news ads in my phone because it's been long since I logged in to my NL account.

You probably didn't know I'm a nairalander and you didn't mention any of the good things I have done for you for helping me look after my kids.
Meanwhile, I have forwarded the CV you sent to me to a friend of mine who is an indigene of Enugu state but works in Lagos and he assured me he would help you get something doing very soon cos I wasn't expecting to sit and look after my kids all day. I have or had good plans to complement every single help you've rendered to my family.

Well, I would like to say thank you for everything you have done for me, my wife and my kids and in light of this, I have also put a call to my wife to stop bothering you with our kids henceforth but I must say that you went too far on this cos you should have approached me or my wife with discretion and we would've understood your plight. What a humanity savage nature

Imagine say the woman husband dey NL true true and him just reply you like this cheesy grin cheesy

If the husband replies like this, then he's a larger nitwit than the wife. So gratitude for help rendered should disappear when help is no longer given?

If the woman or her husband had good intentions in the first place and not an exploitative attitude, if they read this, then they should realise how much of a burden they have been on the poor girl. They should immediately feel remorse and seek for ways to amend. Anything else shows they are fully aware of how much of a burden they have been and don't care. They mean to drain all the usefulness from the poor girl before they discard her like an empty carcase.

But your post made me laugh though. Nice one.

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by Skmoda360(m): 9:49am On Jul 24, 2019
yettymuse:
Are you actually playing this hide and seek in a flat you paid for or are you sharing bills with this hanty. If you can't stand up to something as 'flimsy' as this.. When society begins to serve you sh!t, I bet you won't be able to say No!

You don't even need to be enemies to stand your ground. If you can convinently pay your bills in this mad clime, nobody is allowed to bring nonsense to your table except of course you allow them!

If she wants a caregiver for her wards, name your price with terms and conditions. But if you are bothered about WHAT PEOPLE WOULD SAY, enjoy being used by a TANI.
Like someone said, 200# per hour....simple.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by respect80(m): 10:20am On Jul 24, 2019
LewsTherin:

If the husband replies like this, then he's a larger nitwit than the wife. So gratitude for help rendered should disappear when help is no longer given?

If the woman or her husband had good intentions in the first place and not an exploitative attitude, if they read this, then they should realise how much of a burden they have been on the poor girl. They should immediately feel remorse and seek for ways to amend. Anything else shows they are fully aware of how much of a burden they have been and don't care. They mean to drain all the usefulness from the poor girl before they discard her like an empty carcase.

But your post made me laugh though. Nice one.

It's good you understood I was just being sarcastic.
Remember the part that says "and you didn't mention any of the good things I have done for you for helping me look after my kids."
Also the part, "Well, I would like to say thank you for everything you have done for me, my wife and my kids and in light of this," in which case people with the mentality I tried to portray would feel they already expressed their gratitude before expressing their distaste of the ladies action.

In any case, I would consider her even lucky because as a guy, I can almost say I have been in her shoes once upon a time when I used to stay idle in our yard here in Abj just because of the good and kids loving heart my neighbor and his wife noticed I have, and I know exactly what it feels like to look after a child talkless of 2.
Once the husband leaves for work, the woman who is pregnant with a second child will just come to beg me to help her look after her 2 year old son since the hospital authorities forbid them from coming with kids.
When I think of how some kids find solace in crying for heaven knows reason, I think our mothers really tried.
This one called Goodluck ehn, it's as if he takes tramadol for him to have so much strength to cry for hours no matter what you do to pacify him until I discovered his weak point to be listening to musics from earphones. He barely listens to 2 tracks before falling into deep sleep.
But thank God we all got something doing now.
Make I see who go come try me again cos I have learnt my lesson.
Some people don't know how some kids gets attached to someone no matter how one may try to shun them, they will keep coming until you will be left with no choice but to accept them.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by Paroh(f): 11:13am On Jul 24, 2019
respect80:

Inside life!

Lmao I'm not done with school so which CV do I want to send out? This is top shelf creative writing I liked it.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by respect80(m): 12:00pm On Jul 24, 2019
Paroh:

Lmao I'm not done with school so which CV do I want to send out? This is top shelf creative writing I liked it.
Lol.

I would advise you to follow your heart.
From some of the comments I've read so far, I can see that most people don't become knowledgeable by imagination i.e they only understand things after experiencing it. Some of them don't really know some of the circumstances surrounding issues like this.

Apart from the kind of heart you have towards kids, it could be that just as there are hundreds of reasons to say no to the woman, there could also be hundreds of reasons not to say no to her.

I perfectly understand the situation you are in, because even as a guy, I have experience something similar due to my idle status as at then, so just use your discretion and follow your heart. No good is too big to do for humanity but still, no one owes the other anything.

Funny enough, some people never appreciate what you do for them because they take privilege to be right and most of such people would like to see people help them in such a way they themselves would never help others.

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by ZacharyMarx: 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2019
Take it easier. Do what you think you must
Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by Obaakran: 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2019
tolugar:
Just vamoose before she vamoose
Then come back after she vamoose
hahahahahahahaha best advice
Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by ndat(m): 9:29pm On Jul 24, 2019
my candid advise for you, is to do your best to those children since u are already into the whole thing. you have no idea what God have in stock for you. they may be God-sent to you to change your stories for good tomorrow. I repeat do your best till that time that, u either get married, find a job or relocate.

HUMANITY FIRST

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
Paroh:

It seem like aint an employee at the moment, well monetise your service i.e charge her 1k daily or any amount u feel u can charge her per day.
Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 27, 2019
How do u manage to pay rent without a job though? Online business?

Anyways simply tell her you can't and jam your door without waiting for her to talk. Loud your music if u have a sound system.
Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by drginger(f): 9:33pm On Jul 27, 2019
Op, why you dey consider person wey no dey consider you

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by bukatyne(f): 11:09pm On Jul 27, 2019
Acidosis:

Come to my house as early as 6am. Do that for 7 days and your problems are over.

PM me for Tfare.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by nappy760(m): 12:54am On Jul 28, 2019
Paroh:

Wake up , early have your bathe and stroll enter yabatech before she comes to your door grin...better still start learning a skill in the your spare time grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by seguno2: 6:01am On Jul 28, 2019
Rubbiish:

So u came here to report me

grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by seguno2: 6:25am On Jul 28, 2019
respect80:

Lol.

I would advise you to follow your heart.
From some of the comments I've read so far, I can see that most people don't become knowledgeable by imagination i.e they only understand things after experiencing it. Some of them don't really know some of the circumstances surrounding issues like this.

The bold part is quite impressive.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by Sirfeeking(m): 6:25am On Jul 28, 2019
Olalan:
You need to be very smart in handling this........You just could tell her you're reading for an upcoming exam that requires maximum concentration
You are smart
Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by Acidosis(m): 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2019
bukatyne:

shocked shocked shocked

cheesy cheesy What o?
Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by Fourwinds: 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:
Me wey no like children.
Why don't you report to the police. If she can't look after them they should be taken away from her.
but u like toto ....see ur face like Obj own
Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by ReeLoaDead(m): 7:15am On Aug 09, 2019
Just display a few of your silicone flashlights... the lady will carry her children vamoose!
Re: How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? by sylve11: 7:21am On Aug 09, 2019
tolugar:
Just vamoose before she vamoose

Then come back after she vamoose

i like this......... grin grin cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First Man To Give Birth / Married And Blackmailed By Lover: / Nairaland Please Vote My Son Chidube 4 Germany Mini-model 2011.! Please Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.